RoChan: a story

SF9 Collection

Rowoon couldn't understand it. Yes, he did laugh it off with the others but that's because they were in the middle of a recording and he's knows enough to not let the confusion and hurt cross his features.Still, Chani, saying that he is most awkward with him? It doesn't make sense. And of course, it might probably just be a joke but they all know the kid. His jokes are laden with some ounce of truth and well, Chani is blunt at times although it's become one of his charms. Besides, his sweet smile can most of the time soften the sting of his words. 

Still it bothers him and Rowoon knows that he'll only be able to talk to the kid when all the schedules for today are done. For now, he kept the thing hidden at the back of his head and played the perfect idol. 

"Yah, what's wrong with you?"

He looked to his side and a very worried Juho was looking back at him with concern. He placed his arm around his friend's shoulder as they walked back to the dressing room. 

"Nothing. Just a little tired i guess," he answered softly. 

"Are you sure?" Juho asked.

"Yup! Besides, you know i'll tell you when something's bothering me right?"

Juho nodded in reply just as they were entering the dressing room. Inside was a bit messy as always, people are always hurrying here and there. Youngbin, Dawon and Inseong though are already in the make up chairs, the noonas fussing over them. Chani and Hwiyoung came in a few minutes after the two of them, carrying some drinks.

"Rowoon, come on. Let's retouch your make up," said one of the noonas. 

Rowoon took Youngbin's place on the make chair and he can clearly see the entire room from the reflection in the mirror. And of course, Youngbin would seat beside Chani. And of course, Chani would be all smiles. It's no secret the their leader really dotes on Chani - everyone in FNC actually dotes on him and treats him like a baby but it's really Youngbin he's close with and maybe Inseong and just... He closed his eyes earning a soft "tsk" from their make up artist so Rowoon just smiled at her and once again pushed everything to the back of his head. 

Just like that, the day was finally over. The fansign, being the last schedule for the day, ended successfully. Everyone was exhausted but the good mood is still hanging around them and the thought that they'll finally be able to call it a day made things a lot lighter. 

Rowoon wasn't really paying attention when he got into the car that he didn't notice at first who was sitting beside him. He almost jumped when he heard a soft voice calling him. 

"Hyung," 

"Oh, Chani, waeyo?~" he asked gently. 

"I'm hungry. Can you buy us some chicken when we get home?" Chani asked.  

The poor kid looked tired and he was looking at him with those puppy eyes so how can Rowoon say no. Besides, it might be his chance to ask Chani about his answer that morning. 

"Ne. Okay, i will." Rowoon answered.

Chani's eyes lit up then and his smile was one of the brightest Rowoon has seen. "Yey! Komawoyo hyung!~" he said cutely.