The Ramyeon Night

SF9 Collection

“Do you think we’ll get a win this time?” Inseong asked.

With Youngbin spending the night with his family, Inseong managed to sneak into their room to talk to Jaeyoon. They’ve been so busy with a lot of things lately that they never get to hang out as much as they did before. Moments like this are rare to come by.

 “Maybe. I don’t know. I hope we will,” Jaeyoon answered after a while. “I really want us to do well this comeback.” He added in a low voice.

Inseong remained silent but he sent a silent prayer to anyone listening above to help them do well for this comeback – for the group and most especially for Jaeyoon.

Inseong turned to his side and faced Jaeyoon, “Jaeyoon-ah,” he said

“Wae?”

“I’m…. hungry,” and right on cue, Inseong stomach growled making Jaeyoon laugh out loud.

“Okay, okay. I think we still have some ramyeon left,” Jaeyoon replied. He got up from the bed, slapping Inseong’s thigh as he did so. “Don’t blame me if you look bloated tomorrow!” he said, exiting the room.

“I won’t!” Inseong called out to the empty room. The pitter patter of rain kept him company when Jaeyoon went but after a second, Inseong decided to get up and head outside.

 He let the door close behind him as quietly as he could then tiptoed towards the kitchen. Jaeyoon was busy chopping up some vegetables and putting it on the pot of boiling water while humming to the tune of their new song.

“Jaeyoon-ah!”

Jaeyoon’s hand grazed the handle of the pot as he jumped in surprise. “Aaaah!”

Inseong rushed to where Jaeyoon was standing and grabbed a hold of his hand, placing it under the faucet and letting cold water run over it.

“I’m so sorry. God that was so wrong of me, you were cooking an-“

“Stop.” Jaeyoon said, grabbing Inseong’s free hand and squeezing it in assurance. “I’m fine, okay? You don’t have to worry. This is normal,”

“No! I mean, look, this is gonna leave a mark for a few days! I’m really sorry,” Inseong muttered his eyebrows were already creased and his mouth was stretched thin in a frown.

“Maybe if you kiss it, it will go away?” Jaeyoon said in his most aegyo voice.

Inseong chuckled and he raised Jaeyoon’s hand near his face, inspecting the burn. The skin around the burn was a still a bit red but all in all, Jaeyoon’s gonna be fine.  Still, Inseong wouldn’t let this opportunity pass.

He lowered his head a bit to let his lips touch the burn. “Does it feel better now?” he murmured against Jaeyoon’s skin, looking at him straight in the eye.

Jaeyoon smiled but his eyes burned darkly and in one swift motion, he had Inseong pinned against the kitchen counter. Inseong’s eyes darted to Jaeyoon’s lips and as if waiting for his cue, Jaeyoon, leaned down and brushed his lips against Inseong’s.

Inseong grabbed the edge of the kitchen counter as Jaeyoon deepened the kiss. The movement made him lean back a little causing him to a part of his upper arm on the boiling pot.

“Awww!” Inseong shouted.

Jaeyoon immediately pulled him to the sink and now it was his turn to let the cold water run over the burn. Jaeyoon started laughing then and Inseong followed.

“I can’t believe you,” Jaeyoon said. “Why are you so clumsy?”

“It’s part of my charm,” Inseong replied.