Can We Go Back (II)

SF9 Collection

It was hard but Youngbin has no other choice. 

Whenever Dawon talks to him, he keeps it as short as possible, making up excuses here and there just so he wouldn't have to spend more time with the guy. And the smiles somehow get easier to fake each day - especially if he just averts his eyes whenever Inseong and Dawon get close to each other. He knows it's just for the fans but sometimes, he can't help but be jealous by their closeness  and the hugs and kisses and the hand holding. 

It was a particular bad day for him. Youngbin couldn't explain it but he's been in a bad mood the moment he woke up. Everyone immediately picked up on it and tried to steer clear of him. He didn't blame them. He was actually happy for he can brood in silence. It was quite a busy day of recordings, fansigns and more recordings that Youngbin felt his mood getting a lot more worse. He even snapped at Chani while they were having lunch which killed the fun mood that was surrounding them. 

Finally they were home. The silhouette of their apartment building a very welcome sight. As they were walking towards their dorm, Younbing felt a familiar warmth on his wrist. He didn't think much of it in order not to disappoint himself. He continued to walk but the hand pulled him to a stop. The rest of the guys walked away without saying anything and Youngbin had no choice but to face him. 

"Are you okay?" Dawon asked. 

Youngbin's heart skipped a beat, but he didn't dwell on it. This is just Dawon being concerned with the group as a whole and not with him. 

"I'm fine," Youngbin answered as he tried to shake his hand off the other's grip. In turn, Dawon just tightened his hand on Youngbin's wrist until the older stopped trying to remove it. 

"What's wrong, hyung?" Dawon asked once more, taking a step closer.

Youngbin closed his eyes. There's a lot of things that's wrong. You, for one, he thought but said nothing. 

"Hyung, please talk to me," 

Youngbin sighed and bowed his head. "It's nothing. I'm just... so tired lately," he answered. 

"It isn't just today, hyung. You've been acting weird the last few days," Dawon said. 

That caused Youngbin to look up at the guy but the other's expression was unreadable. 

"You've been avoiding me," Dawon said matter-of-factly, his voice laced with hurt. 

"I'm not," Youngbin scoffed. "You're just thinking too much," he pulled his hand a little harder and managed to shake off Dawon's grip. "Let's just go up and rest," 

Youngbin his heels and started walking towards the building. He started this day in a mood and now he's confused as hell that he can feel a terrible headache building up.  

"Youngbin hyung," 

For the second time, Dawon managed to stop him in his tracks, but this time, the hand that was holding on to him was stronger and with a force that surprised him, Dawon pulled at Youngbin's hand, causing him to face the younger guy.

Youngbin would have given Dawon a scolding if not for the guy hugging him. 

"Hyung," Dawon whispered just near his ear. "I'm so sorry.. I don't know what i did but i feel like it's my fault... I'm so sorry," he continued, his hand tracing small circles at the small of his back. 

Youngbin closed his eyes, hands balling into fists. Every inch of him wanted to return the embrace, to hold Dawon as close to him as possible but he knew that doing so would hurt him in the end so his arms feel limp and heavy beside him. 

Dawon pulled back yet kept his hands on Youngbin's waist. "Youngbin-ah," 

That made him smile. Sometimes, he allows Dawon to call him by name and to hear that once again after so long...

"Talk to me, please," Dawon said. 

Youngbin met his gaze feeling the weight of the situation all of a sudden. There was something in Dawon's eyes that he can't figure out but he knew deep in his heart that what he says now would determine everything.