Four

Down We Go

 

Chanyeol was furious, to say the least.

Are you ing serious?” Jongin held up his hands, taking a step back from his friend as his eyes widened. “Tell me! Are you serious?” Chanyeol screamed as he pointed the gun to his friend’s face. “Chanyeol! Calm down. Please,” the younger one tried to calm the other down in a futile attempt. “I’m not!” the other just screamed back, putting the safety catch off. “All this time you had the nerve to lie to me like that?” Jongin started getting scared when he saw veins appearing on his friend’s neck. He swallowed. “Wow, what the hell is going on out here? Chanyeol?” Jongdae questioned once he had stepped out on the porch, seeing the two of them stand a few feet away from each other in the front yard that belonged to the big house they had settled down for a few weeks now and saw Chanyeol pointing his gun at Jongin. Kyungsoo came into view behind his back at that moment. “Wow, what the hell?” was the only thing Kyungsoo had been able to manage to say once he saw the scene. Jongin warily side-eyed the two on the porch as he kept his hands up in a small defensive manner. “Why didn’t you ever tell me? Huh? Huh? Why?” Chanyeol grew angrier. “Because it wouldn’t have meant anything anyway,” Jongin carefully chose his words. That only seemed to make Chanyeol angrier, though. “It would’ve meant nothing? That means a whole lot! You knew it! I told you right from the start! And you weren’t able to ing tell me?”

“Chanyeol, man, calm down first,” Jongdae tried to help the situation as he calmly held up his hands as he tried to approach the angry man. “Tell us what’s wrong.” “A whole lot is wrong! First of, this whole world! Secondly, losing everyone one after another! Thirdly, this… this… this traitor!” Chanyeol didn’t take his eyes off Jongin once during his short angry rant about how things were; how things had turned out to be. “Why is Jongin a traitor? What did he do?” Jongdae warily glances at Jongin while he closed in on Chanyeol for the last few steps. “I trusted him,” Chanyeol turned a death glare Jongdae’s way, making the male stop right beside him. “I trusted you! Why couldn’t you just tell me? Why?” The gun started shaking in Chanyeol’s grip as it got harder and harder for him to hold back his tears. “I’m sorry, Chanyeol,” Jongin’s expression turned hurt as he slightly furrowed his brows, slowly dropping his hands as he only stared at his friend. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, but I couldn’t. Don’t ask me why, because I don’t really know myself.” Jongdae put a hand on Chanyeol’s shoulder, making the giant inhale a deep breath. “Why does everything seem so wrong?” he whispered as he lowered his gun into Jongdae’s other hand, moving away from everyone and inside the house.

Jongdae gave Jongin a pointed look. “The two of you have quite some explaining to do.”

Jongin only turned away his head, looking out into the fields with a sullen expression.

 

“You did what?” Haneul came barging into Chanyeol’s room once she had found out what had happened earlier. The man turned his empty look from the white wall in front of him to Haneul but stayed seated at the edge of his bed. “What did I do?” Chanyeol inquired, knowing fully well what she meant. Haneul didn’t answer as she only stopped in front of the man, crossing her arms over her chest, looking down into his face with a furrowed brow. “Don’t act dumb,” she spat once she couldn’t take the silence he gave her anymore. He was supposed to explain but instead he just kept quiet. “What did you two fight about?” she inquired, roughly grabbing Chanyeol’s chin to make him look at her, bending down so that there was as least room for him to look somewhere else as possible. He only sighed. “Why should I tell you? It’s something between me and Jongin.”

Haneul’s gaze turned stern. “Oh, you should tell me. If you two fight and this keeps going on between you two, you won’t trust to have each other’s backs when we all need it. It might cost another life.” Chanyeol huffed, jerking his head away so roughly that it surprised the black haired. She blinked at him. “Don’t worry about that,” Chanyeol mumbled as he let his back meet the mattress. “Seriously, Chanyeol!” Haneul stomped her foot, slowly getting fed up with his behavior. It’s not like everyone wanted to know – they needed to know. They needed to sort this out so there would be no problems in the future. They all needed to depend on one another if they wanted to survive. “This is not fair!” Chanyeol groaned, sitting up again, looking her dead in the eye. It was so frustrating. “You know what? Imagination rules the world,” he said as he got up from his bed, putting his hand on her back before he shoved her out of his room. “Why don’t you just imagine what the problem was, huh? Try to find out that way,” he screamed his last words through the door before letting himself fall back onto his bed face first, staying like that for a long while. At first, Haneul stood in front of his door for several long moments before she groaned herself and left for the kitchen again, where she came from before right after Jongdae had told her about the whole situation – as far as he had known.

Back in the kitchen, she found Jongin with Irene, him assuring the red haired that he was really okay. Only once Haneul saw how much the red had grown out of Irene’s hair did she realized how much time has passed by now. It’s been months and Irene’s hair had grown out at least a few inches – she was able to see the black roots. It made her feel crazy. It already felt like an eternity. Another thing she noticed was just how worried Irene looked about Jongin. It made her slightly tilt her head. “Jongin, I need to talk to you,” the black haired threw away the thought – for now – and met Jongin’s dark brown eyes with her hazel ones in a very stern manner. Jongin stayed silent for a few seconds before he excused himself from Irene and followed Haneul up to her room. Jongin didn’t know what was coming for him. He just hoped Chanyeol hadn’t spilled everything.

This would just complicate too many things.

“Are you going to keep silent about the fight, too?” she crossed her arms over her chest again but the way she stared at him was somewhat pleading. Jongin sighed. So Chanyeol didn’t tell her anything. “If Chanyeol doesn’t want you to know anything then I’m in no place to tell you myself.” Tiredly, Haneul only sighed. “Just… settle it, okay? If you don’t trust us enough to know and help you, at least do that.” Jongin’s graze dropped as he bit his upper lip. “That depends on Chanyeol,” he quietly admitted, slowly looking up at Haneul again. She gave him a confused look.

Jongin slightly smiled as he wordlessly stepped forward to engulf her in his embrace.

He took a deep breath, taking in Haneul’s smell. They were stuck in a world like that with blood flowing everywhere and Haneul still managed to smell like peaches – like she always had. Maybe she had put it on so often that it had just turned into her very own smell? It made him smile slightly. That thought was ridiculous. Meanwhile, Haneul, confused as hell, reciprocated the hug.

 

At least he had one last of his dearest persons still by his side. “I really hope he forgives me.”

 



quote prompt #25: Imagination rules the world. - Napoleon Bonaparte