Taeyeon

When You're Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Powerlessly, I leaned all of my weight onto the frozen door behind me and slid down to the floor lifelessly.

I miss you.

 

Tiffany...

-----

Author's POV

Loneliness.

Your upmost fear.

You detested it with every fiber in your body.

It was controlling.. but you wouldn't let it win.

"NOPE!" You exclaimed, not minding Tae's neighbors at all.

"NO!" You stood up and ruffled your hair. "Ah, I must be completely nuts!"

"You miss her? What a joke!" You laughed it off before making your way to the kitchen. The first thing you noticed were a dozen freshly baked brownies laid out on the counter.

You convinced yourself that they were laid out for you, so you poured a glass of milk, grabbed some of the brownies and strolled to the open living room. The TV was already on from before so you flipped through channels, looking for something to watch.

"Holy cow.. these are so good." You said out loud. You couldn't believe your taste buds. Who knew that Tae was such a good baker?

Long after finishing the treats, you detached from the sofa in search of your phone.

Where could it be?

The phone happened to be laying on Taeyeon's bed seeing as how you slept in your jeans last night. You crashed on her inviting mattress and tried to turn on the device, but it wouldn't power up.

Out of battery again? Let's see.. does T have a charger in here?

You looked around the area in hopes of finding one somewhere.

 

Y/N's POV

"Aha- there's one!" I yelled out of excitement for finding a charger. It was already plugged into the outlet underneath her desk. All I had to do was connect my phone and wait.

This is gonna take forever.

I had nothing to do so I kept looking around.. until something caught my eye. It was an old picture of me and Tae back in high school. I couldn't believe that she kept this photo after complaining about how ugly she was in it. During those simpler times, I remember constantly pinky swearing to her that she was pretty since she would never believe me. That dork, I chuckled.

She really is pretty..

My phone suddenly lit up, catching all of my attention. It and loaded everything with a slight delay due to the outrageous number of calls and messages from Tiffany.

From: Miyoungster <3
_____-ah please.. can we talk?

From: Miyoungster <3
You know how much I love you...

From: Miyoungster <3
I miss you.. please. I love you so much.

From: Miyoungster <3
It was a mistake.

From: Miyoungster <3
Don't leave me. Please..

From: Miyoungster <3
_____-ah... talk to me..

I sighed in distress after reading every single one of her texts.

What will I do with you Tiffany?

I dropped my head down, trying to empty it completely. I need to do something.

I got up with my phone and brought the charger along with me. I was going to a cafe to help pass time. The day was going by so slowly. I grabbed a spare key from the shelf and left the complex. It was chilly, but the warm sun made it manageable. The clothes that Tae got for me also kept me toasty. Hailing for a taxi was particularly easy during this weather. Not that I'm complaining.

Arriving at my destination, I entered the small cafe and inhaled the calming aroma.

"Hey, can I get you something to drink?" A young girl beamed at me behind the counter.

I gently smiled back charmingly and made a simple order before finding a table next to an outlet to charge my phone. The small table happened to be beside the barista's corner so I could see her making my drink. It wasn't all though. I found myself checking her out as she brewed my fresh coffee. I couldn't help it. She was wearing a black crop top with a choker on and her hair was tied up into a bun. She was attractive.

Suddenly her eyes met with mine, catching me off guard. I panicked and looked down at my phone, pretending to be using it. After a couple seconds, I looked back up at her again. I swear that her cheeks were pink. Before I could absolutely confirm it, she lifted the cup of coffee and made her way all around the counter. While waiting on my caffeinated beverage, I fiddled around with my phone for a moment. Shortly, a tray landed on my table and a pair of slender fingers placed the cup of joe down in front of me.

"Caramel macchiato." She annunciated, looking down into my eyes while hugging the tray.

"Thanks." I smiled and nodded at her courteously so that she could get back to work.

Turning around, she unknowingly crashed into a big guy with a mohawk, resulting in him dropping his precious coffee.

"Are you blind? Watch where you're going, you wrench!" The man raged out of nowhere.

She bowed frantically and started picking up the broken shards with her bare hands.

"Ya! You're not even going to apologi-"

"Hey! Look man, I'll buy you a new drink if you just leave her alone." I quickly bargained, standing between her and the 6-foot-something guy.

"Are you kidding?! Someone has to apologi-"

"Ok ok! I'm really sorry that my girlfriend bumped into you. She can be super clumsy sometimes." I apologized while laughing it off, praying that he'd let it go.

He stared at me momentarily before gradually laughing at the whole situation with me. He realized that he was making a big fuss out of a cup of coffee and then shook it off, leaving the cafe in peace.

I looked back and saw a girl who was completely frozen in place, not noticing the blood dripping from her finger. I sped around the cafe to grab some tissues. Carefully wrapping the fabric around her finger, I held her wounded hand and applied some pressure.

"You okay? Uh... Jennie?" I slightly squinted at the metal name tag attached to her shirt. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at me.

"Y-yes... I-I'm fine." She stammered.

I smiled in relief and helped her up on her feet. "Hm... how will you brew coffee now?" I questioned with genuine concern for the girl.

Her lips bent upward a bit before pushing me away. "D-don't worry about me... j-just enjoy your coffee!" She reminded me before running away, nervously hiding in a room behind the counter.

I sat back in my seat and looked down at the coffee, noticing something different about it. The foam had some sort of message in it. It was a bunch of numbers. Seven numbers to be precise. Wait a minute... could this be.. a phone number?

Did she mean to give this to me?

Without really thinking further about it, I reached for my charged phone and entered the num

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter