Time

When You're Loved
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I wrapped my arms around her small waist, inevitably inhaling the smell of her lavender soap.

As soon as I closed my eyes.. she appeared.

Again.
-----
Taeyeon's POV

Aish this kid! Who does she think she is, driving me crazy like this? You need to stop Kim Taeyeon. Stop hurting..

After finally hearing her snore, I gently removed her arms from my waist and turned around to face her.

She stole my heart.. but she doesn't even know it.

It angered me to see her sleeping so peacefully. It was spiteful. I couldn't sleep with her beside me like I used to because she drove me insane, now more than ever.

Right as the sun rose, I got up first. Checking my phone first, I saw that I had one message.

From: My Boss
I thought you'd never ask for break. Sure~ go have lots of fun! I'm giving you two weeks off ^^

I widened my eyes in shock. Two weeks?! We probably won't even stay for one week in Jeju.. well.. I guess I'll just have to try and do nothing.

To: My Boss
Thank you thank you thank you!

I sighed and left my phone on the nightstand before going to wash up.

After doing so, I went to the kitchen to cook something for breakfast.

As I fried some eggs to scramble, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. Warmth engulfed me as a chin gently landed on my shoulder.

Not again... my heart won't be able to take it any longer.

"Good morning, Taeng~" _____ sweetly greeted beside my ear.

I blushed madly at the action and shook her off before I had a heart attack. "Yah! I'm still older than you."

She shifted over to the counter and propped herself on her elbow. "So what?" She pouted.

I couldn't help but smile back in return while scrambling the eggs as she watched me. "Go wash up or something." I ordered.

"Already did~" She moved closer suddenly.

Right when she did, her phone went off. "Oh- someone's calling!" She ran for it like a child.

I rolled my eyes while grinning and fanning myself in order to calm down.

"Hello? Ah, yes that's me... really? Okay I'll be there shortly then. Thank you so much!" She spoke on her way back to the kitchen.

"Who was that?" I asked, filling two plates with the generic breakfast choice.

"It was the hospital. I should pick her now if we're gonna pack later.." She scratched her head.

"Will you be okay all alone with her?"

She nodded confidently while looking at the food.

I smiled softly. "Pick her up with my car. I'll be packing and cleaning up the house while you're out."

"You sure, T?" She questioned.

"Yes, but you're responsible for filling the gas with your own money. Now hurry and eat, then change. You told them that you'd be there shortly." I reminded, giving her hair a tousle.

_____ smiled brightly before grabbing her plate and digging in. I watched to make sure that she would pace herself. I really do feel like a mother.. aigoo~

After finishing the food and getting dressed, she slipped on her sneakers and tightened the laces. "See you later Tae."

"Mhm, text me if you need anything okay?"

She nodded obediently before heading out.

I locked every single lock on my door before proceeding towards the living room to start off the day with some cleaning.

It was gonna be a long day...

Suddenly, I received a text from Baekhyun.

From: Byun Baekhyun
Good morning noona~ I was just wondering if I could take you out to dinner tonight, my treat.. only if you're not busy of course!

It wasn't unusual for Baekhyun to ask me out for a meal. He's done it multiple times before but I've always been overloaded with work..

Should I go?

 

Author's POV

You started up the car and rolled the window down. The weather was nice today. It was still cold but you enjoyed it nonetheless. A trip to Jeju around this time seemed perfect.

While driving, you thought a lot about Tiffany. To tell the truth.. you were having a really hard time. The fact that she cheated on you with Nichkhun was bothersome. Strangely however, you didn't hate her. No, you still had lingering feelings for the eye-smiling girl. You loved her so much before. It made you wonder what exactly went wrong. After everything that happened, you had no idea what to do. It felt like time should stop.. but it just wouldn't. It kept on going to make you forget about her.

Time is scary thing.

We were everything to each other.. how did we fall apart so easily?

In a way, you felt guilty.

Arriving at the hospital, you signed in at the front desk before ascending to her room.

You gently knocked on the door before entering and seeing a familiar figure sitting on the bed and blankly staring out through the window. Her hair was disheveled and her complexion was as pale as ever. Still, you couldn't deny that she was shining more than anything else.

"Tiff?" Your voice brought her attention back to reality.

"_____-ah..." Her eyes glistened as she gazed at you softly.

Her exhausted expression melted your heart immediately as you dropped your things and approached her for a generous embrace. Instinctually, Tiffany curled her arms around you before sobbing weakly. This girl never runs out of tears, does she?

She tightened her hold from the terror of losing you. Everything felt like a dream to her.

"Shh... don't cry.." You comforted her with an aching heart.

"I'm.. sorry... I'm so sorry.. I don't.. want to lose you.." She sniffed in between her slurred words, tears constantly overflowing.

You waited for her to calm down before pulling away and taking a seat beside the girl. Her hands clung onto any part of you that she could reach. In this case, it happened to be your sleeve.

"Listen to what I have to say, Miyoung.." You looked into her swollen eyes.

She nodded slowly and perked her ears up, knowing that whatever you had to say was something important.

"So many thoughts came and went, but no matter how much I thought about this... us.. I just can't see us together again. At one point, I wanted you to tell me what to do because I was at a lost, but I can't make you do that." You reached up and brushed a strand of dark brown hair away from her frozen face and sighed. "I realized.. that we aren't meant for each other, Miyoung. No matter how much it hurts us to leave one another.. it's just not right."

Tiffany was trying her best not to shed another tear, but she couldn't.

"So instead of harboring pity towards one another... let's stop this.. us.."

Tiffany retracted her hands from your sleeve to catch her tears. Knowing her heart, you left the room to leave her alone for a while.

Time.. only time could heal. Even if forgetting was impossible, time would at least make it bearable.

Thinking about the affair in general made you realize that there must've been something wrong with the relationship before everything blew up. It was one reason why you felt guilty.

Some time went by until you were approached. "Excuse me, are you Ms. Hwang's guardian?" A young nurse asked, seeing you sitting beside the specific room.

"Yes.. I am."

"Great, well you're free to discharge her whenever she's ready to leave. Also, here is the bill for her check-up yesterday." She handed you a white envelope before disappearing around the corner after you thanked her.

You knocked, signaling an entrance before opening the door. The brown-haired girl was busy making her bed before turning around to face you.

"Ready to go?" You smiled lightly.

Tiffany nodded in return. "I just need to change first.." She mentioned, grabbing her clothes from the side table.

You nodded and proceeded to stand there without a single th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter