Chapter Three

The Phone And Him
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Also, Jaehyun, for every single time you get rejected, you have to take a shot as a penalty." A huge smile dances on Jungwoo's lips.

Jaehyun turns to face him, appalled, but accepts the terms nonetheless after Hina and Ten eggs him on.

If I'm going to have to do this, I might as well do it fast to try to get it over and done with right? Jaehyun thinks, taking a breath.

"Hello? Sir? Are you there?" the soft voice over the phone rings through his cellphone's speakers, "We offer dating advice services and-"

"Yeah, I heard," Jaehyun replies.

"So if you're calling for advice, do tell me the full story first." Jaehyun hears the sound of pages flipping on the other side.

"I'm not calling for advice." Jaehyun pauses, "Rather, I would like to ask if you're interested in a date?"

"Oh are you asking if I have an interest in dates? Well, I think dates are something amazing as they bring couples closer, so yes, i guess I find them quite interesting, they're like a moment in time where you just get to stop everything and enjoy with your beloved," there's a pause, before the other continues, "So what advice are you seeking?"

Oh boy, the person on the other line was sure obtuse.

The other three standing around Jaehyun crack up, with Ten slapping the table in his fit of laughter and wincing in pain while Jungwoo laughs so hard Jaehyun can see tears pooling in his eyes.

"That counts as a rejection!" Ten says in a sing song voice as he approaches the nearby bar tender to place the order for Jaehyun's penalty, despite Jaehyun's protests.

"I don't need advice, I'm asking if you're interested in a date." Jaehyun repeats.

"Yeah, I find dates interesting, uh so do you have anything to ask...?" The male's voice trails off.

Jaehyun sighs, facepalming as Hina orders yet another shot glass of liquid.

"I meant to ask, would you go on a date with me?" He replies bluntly, giving up on making his request seem subtle.

"Wha-What?" Jaehyun can practically see the other getting flustered, "But I don't know y-you and I'm terrible at dating and there are many others who are better than me and..." The latter continues stuttering, tripping over his words.

"So you're saying that if we knew each other better, you would agree, is that it?" Jaehyun involuntarily lets a small smile slip onto his face, amused at the other's mannerisms, how he seemed to be flustered so easily; just by a stranger over the phone asking him out on a date.

"Ah I didn't mean that! I mean I did, but this is the first time we're speaking and-" the other squeaks out.

"Is that a yes or no?" Jaehyun chuckles.

"Erm it's a yes i guess?" A reply follows after a short silence, tone uncertain.

"Alright then, I'll ring you up again okay?" Jaehyun says, before adding, "So you can tell me more about yourself."

"Uh okay..."

With that, Jaehyun ends the call, the corners of his lips still curved up in a smile.

"Why why, it seems someone's has had a great time talking to his future date on the phone, hasn't he?" Ten slides three shot glasses full of tequila in front of Jaehyun, grinning widely.

"Shut up." The younger playfully slaps Ten on the back, albeit rather hardly. Jaehyun did have to admit however, although the date wasn't something he was looking forward to per say, the employee did sound like the type of person he would tease, which meant entertainment to possibly liven up his boring, dreary days.

"As much as we would like to celebrate you having a new boyfriend, it's penalty time, don't you think? That means you have to drink up!" Hina pokes the three glasses towards the edge of the table.

Heaving a loud sigh to show his displeasure, Jaehyun starts downing glass by glass, pausing only to take breaths, allowing the burning liquid to slide down his throat.

Before long, his vision turns fuzzy, and the darkness begins to claim his vision.

____________________________

 

Taeyong puts down the phone with shaky hands.

Did he seriously just agree to getting to know a stranger better, and then going on a date? He didn't even know a thing a single thing about the other, save for the facts that he had a deep, smooth voice and that he was out of his mind, asking someone he hadn't even met out on a date.

Maybe it was a prank call or something? Taeyong considers it for a minute or two, before the phone begins ringing yet again, and he pushes the matter to the back of his mind.

Taeyong spends the rest of the time answering a couple of calls from two working ladies, and a high school student, all who had troubles chasing the men of their dreams, and as cliche as it would sound, the high school student had fallen deeply in love with her popular senior whom everyone fawned over.

To Taeyong, time in the stuffy booth seems to stretch, and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter