Chapter Three (Porcelain Doll)

R.I.S.E: Abnormal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Porcelain Doll.

The same guy I saw smile and wink at me earlier today. He stood with what look like a brightly polished silver and black semi-automatic with a silencer attached to it, aimed at the one no longer living.

"Just because you were able to subdue him for the time being, doesn't mean that you forget that he can still make a move, injured or not."

Without his car distracting the rest of his body I can get a clear look at him. He stood between five nine and five eleven, flawless butter cream frosting-like skin, shiny jet black hair (parted three-fourth neatly) and dressed business casual. You would assume he's a model or actor at first glance.

"And what about you?", he directed his question to the last man standing. "Do you plan on dying as well like your friend over there?", he casually asked with his gun stylishly hanging in his hand by his side."

"Who the hell are you?", the last guy asked alarmed with his gun now raised and aimed at Porcelain Doll.

"Back up", and after he gave his answer Porcelain Doll shot the guy where he stood so quick he had no time to react. There was no reaction whatsoever on his face. To him it probably was another day at the office.

Thud, the sound that was made when his lifeless body dropped to the ground from being shot to death. Instinctively, I backed up few inches since I had no idea if he was friend or foe. He continue on his little stroll and killed the man I shot eariler as he walked by.

"I guess there is only one person that remains. He could be useful when interrogating at the facility", he said then started to proceed in the direction of the man I round house kicked, which is also where I happen to be standing. "I should thank you for knocking him unconscious for me. It will definitely be a lot easier to transport him", Porcelain Doll said as he took a pair of handcuffs from his back pocket and kneeled down beside him.

Thank me?! Just who the hell does he think he is?!

"W-Who are you?", I asked because I truly have no idea who he is except for the nickname I gave him, Porcelain Doll.

"Didn't you hear me the first time? Back up", he simply said as he tighten the handcuffs around the unconscious man wrists.

"Back up?"

"Yeah. I got an email earlier that you three ran into some problems while on the road. To be honest me and a whole bunch of bystanders heard a massive amount of bullets. When I realized what was going on it was too late for me to turn back so I had to wait to make a u-turn. Just as I was trying to figure out what direction you all went, I received an urgent email telling me your location. I can see that your vehicle is pretty much down for the count so lucky you I'm here", Back up explained.

"That- That thing that my dad is fighting took us on a trip to the sky while we were in our- what use to be our car. It would have been better if it was sunny outside and I don't know... landed on some marshmallows. It was without a doubt... thrilling", I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Sorry I missed it and by things do you mean Mr. and Mrs. Lee or the two Abnormals they are fighting?"

"Of course I mean the two that are fighting my parents. Why would I call...", I trailed off and followed his finger to what he's pointing to on the left of me.

Out the corner of my eye I could see something that resembles my dad, but only the top half of him looked like him. "Is that my- What happened to my dad's body?! He almost look like a backwards Minotaur!", I screeched out in pure shock.

"Metamorphosis."

"Meta..."

"He's a Metamorphic type. There are a several hundred of them like that, but Mr. Lee is a rare type that can morph different parts of his body. I heard that there are less than fifty that can pull it off perfectly. The one that Mrs. Lee is facing off is a-"

"Wilder Beast type and that over there is something that deals with metal. I heard them talk about it earlier even though I'm still lost on a lot of the details", I interjected.

"I see...", he calmly said while examining me with his eyes.

"What?"

"Nothing. I had imagine you to be a bit different especially from what Mrs. Lee would say when she spoke about you."

Do I sense a bit of disappointment in those dark brown eyes of his or is it just me?

A extreme amount of air along with rocks and dust particles came rushing in our direction from what sounded like a bomb detonating a high rise building.

"What in the world was that?!", I asked aloud, trying to block my face from the small pebbles falling out the sky.

"It's a high volume gas explosion in a concentrated area caused by an ample amount of heat and air. Your mother, Mrs. Lee is the one who created it", explained Porcelain Doll. Why how scientific of you...

"Mom did that? You're telling me that she's a-and he's a-", I tried put the words together, but choked on the last part.

"An Abnormal", he finished. "One of the rarest too. Is this all new to you or have you not done your homework?"

"I'm sure the obvious looks of confusion and shock are shown visibly on my face. Do I look like i know what the hell is going on?" Wise .

"Min watch out!", I heard my dad cry out.

A medium thin slab of concrete about the size of my entire body veered into my direction, but it was already too late to get out the way.

"And here comes the pain", I muttered to myself and balled up my right fist real tight. "TAKE THIS!", I screamed at the top of my lungs and released my fist onto the rock without delay. Instantaneously, the huge slab of concrete exploded into various size pieces, some grazing me on visible skin.

"How you like them apples!", I cheered aloud, shaking the pain away from my hand.

"Sweet like your mother's blood!", exclaimed the Wilder Beast woman that my mom's fighting, or so I thought.

As quick as lightning my eyes grew wide at the scene before me. My mother... covered in blood and motionless in that monster's hand. I couldn't believe what was in front of me at first. It was impossible for mom to lose in any battle, she was just that damn good. I never seen not even a drop of blood on her ever and now... she's completely drenched in it.

"MAY!" "MOM!", both dad and I cried out in horror at the same time.

"MAY WAKE UP!", pleaded my dad while trying to fend off the man who looks like he is wearing a full metal armor.

"! I guess I have no choice but to step-", but I already dashed off before Porcelain Doll could finish his sentence.

"Get your filthy hands off her you manly looking !", I hollered as I ran as fast as I could go, ready to knock Arnold Schwarzenegger's sister into oblivion.

"So now the little cub wants to protect their mother! How cute, but you're gonna have to do a whole lot better than that sweetheart", she cockily said, looking at me with pure delight into her dark eyes.

As quick as I could blink, she lunged forward like a wild animal and grabbed me by my neck tightly while still grasping mom in her other hand.

"Argh!", I choked out. "Let...*ack* ufffhhh...eeee", I squeezed the last little bit out. God damn this lady has a mean grip. Even Big Patty (Hey Arnold!) would be no match for her.

"I can't hear you. What were you trying to say?", she cockily asked as she put her ear closer to my face. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm losing precious air I would have spat in her face.

I'm slowly starting to get dizzy. This is bad. I turned to my right as much as I could to see my mother, battered and

Please log in to read the full chapter