Chapter One (The Call)

R.I.S.E: Abnormal
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

 

"Mom! Mom! Please wake up!", I cried out after noticing her injured body between the two of them. I sprinted across immediately and slid next to dad.

"Just calm down! I checked her pulse and she's still breathing. We need to move her quickly before she succumb to her injuries. Quick, help me get to the car safely", said Porcelain Doll.

"But what about-"

"Don't worry about me. I'll be just fine. Just make sure your mother is safe. Okay Min?"

"Dad..." I scanned the area and saw that the metal absorbing whatever was on the ground staggering to get up, but I could tell it wasn't going to be for long.

"Now move you two at once. I can't fight him off and try to protect the three of you at the same time. This guy is no joke. I had to muster up a lot of strength to put him down, temporary", dad said, panting.

"You heard the man. Let's get you two outta here before something or someone else stops us. Min, grab her ankles and I'll take her upper body. We need to move with hast,e but at the same time try not to injury her anymore."

"Kim Himchan!"

"Yes Mr. Lee?"

"Make sure you call them on your way there and let them know what has taken place. And also..."

*looks back at his unconscious wife and his daughter*

"You should already know the rest."

"Yes sir. I'll protect them with my entire being."

"Dad! You better not died on us! You hear me?! I don't care if you lose, but I will never forgive you if leave us like this. I won't!"

"Then I guess I have to lose, huh? Now go before he gets to his feet. Take care of your mother and yourself Min."

 

(One hour and an half prior)

 

"Minnie! Don't let your breakfast get cold!", yelled out mom as I scurried my way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Make sure dad don't take my sausage! He always get sneaky when food and alcohol is around", I warned as I looked carefully at my plate to see if anything was taken or bitten. "Why do it look like my potatoes have moved slightly three paces to the left?", giving a raised eyebrow to my dad who grinned slightly.

"Early in the morning and you two are fighting over potatoes. Last time it was waffles", mom reminded us as she took a sip of her hazelnut coffee that tickled my nose delightfully. I love the aroma of coffee, even though I don't exactly like the taste itself. Sorry to all coffee lovers.

"Do anyone of you have any plans today?", mom asked while taking her empty plate to the sink. She always finished eating before us, even when I'm on time to the dining room table and dad didn't touch my food.

"Why...?", both dad and I said, side eyeing her carefully. Every time she asks that question all of a sudden I get extreme chills down my back and both arms. Last time she asked that question, which was a few days ago, I went running in the pouring rain with her for some so called quality time. She always pull stunts like this and I won't be the one to be fooled. I already have plans for today.

"Well...uh today I uh...-"

"Sorry to cut off your obvious excuse that your trying to make dad, but I have already established plans today", I proudly beamed as I finished off my eggs. "Is there anymore-"

"In the microwave. You sure have been eating a lot more than usually in the past several weeks. Last night you ate your and some of my share of the shrimp dumplings."

"You almost got an ear full if wasn't for the fact she remembered your her daughter, and she eats just as much if not more."

"I don't know. Lately I have been feeling like I'm not as full as I thought I would be. I'm starting to think I have a bottomless pit of a stomach. I wonder where I got that- OUCH! GOD THAT HURT!", I yelped in pain as I rubbed my fingers with my other unharmed hand.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?", mom asked while rushing to check my hand. "It's kind of red on the tips here", she said, examining my fingers.

"That's been happening a lot too, but not with everything I touch. Do you think I have too much static electricity? I made sure not wear fleece and wool together."

I looked back at my mom and noticed her giving my dad some type of subtle look from the corner of her eyes.

"Is something wrong mom?"

"Huh? No. I'm just making sure your father doesn't touch my cookies I brought in yesterday. I have yet to taste any myself", she said with a sweet yet underlining tone.

"Don't worry. I've already been dealt a heavy blow several times in the past when it comes to anything you call food. I have no intention on dying today", dad reassured while easing from the table, along with his empty plate and coffee mug.

"Put your hand in some cold water and I'll reheat your food for you Minnie. You must have been a nuisance at school with shocking people every time you touch them. You'll probably need to wear some shock resistant bracelets."

"More like the entire school", I went along with her, but I still feel like something was off about those two, but I decided not to go any further.

"What do you mean?", she asked as the microwave beeped three times letting us now that it was ready.

"Last week I had to turn the lights off in Ecology to watch a video on marine life. Before I could turn the switch down I got a small jolt of electricity on my fingers and the entire building shut down."

"That's one way of getting outta class", my dad cheered making mom glare at him. "What? We all wanted to skip class one way or another. She just happen to get her and everyone outta school."

"Don't make it seem like it's her fault and skipping class are for people who clearly don't want a future", mom said handing me the plate straight out of the microwave.

"Hey! Don't hand her that! The bottom of the plate is most likely still hot", warned dad.

"Oh sorry. I totally forgot all about that. Here Minnie, I'll take care of it for you."

"It's okay, really. It must have already cooled down. I don't feel a thing. Thanks though", I smiled and walked into the living room with my plate of food in my uninjured hand. "The SpongeBob SquarePants marathon probably already started and it happens to be on my list of Established Plans today.

"Uh o-okay", mom replied.

I merrily plopped on the sofa and turned the channel to SpongeBob. Saturday morning cartoons here I come.

"Oh, I love this episode!', I exclaimed while shoving some potatoes down my throat. This one in particular episode happens to be when SpongeBob and his hilarious yet idiotic friend, Patrick, are trying to sell chocolates to become 'entrepreneurs'. Hil-ari-ous.

 "Mom! Can you pass me a water bottle? I forgot to pick one up on my way here", keeping my eyes glued to the TV while passing food into my mouth.

"And h

Please log in to read the full chapter