Part 8

Seonsaengnim (A Jimin Fanfic Series)

On a fresh and bright Friday morning, a nice cool breeze brushed across your face and disrupted the hairstyle that you had spent eons on this morning, now untamed like the Spring season. Your senior year was almost complete, and all you could think about was the time of day that you were going to leave school early and head to the nearest Starbucks, as you usually did lately for no reason whatsoever. At this point in the year, senioritis had gotten the best of you, no matter how urgently you struggled to suppress it like the majority of your senior class, for your mother would never come close to forgiving you if you dared throw your college potential away in the presence of a little end-of-year laziness. Thankfully however, you still had Tammy who was a very faithful friend to you ever since you could remember, and whenever your lack of motivation and effort kicked in, she was there to guide you right back on track. In that regard mostly, you both balanced one another out quite nicely. However, sometimes you just couldn't help yourself.

Ever since your date at the carnival with Jimin, a very particular distant and dreamy smile had never left your face for even a second. The impact he had on you simply couldn't be explained with words, unless you had the opportunity to feel the emotion yourself, that burning feeling inside your chest which is strangely indescribable. Some would call it love, and some would call it lust, but all in all, happiness was the word you decided to resonate with if it meant to sum up the feeling in its entirety. For once, you were actually happy about something in your life. Unfortunately you hadn't gotten to that point yourself like you envisioned and hoped for, nevertheless it was happiness in its purest form, and ultimately you never thought another human being could make you feel the way Mr. Park does. In a way you hated it, and loved it at the same time.

All happiness aside, Mr. Park was still a teacher, and you were still a student. However, you tried not to let the thought get in the way of what you felt towards him which had been the most intense feeling yet since you were young and careless, young and hadn't been tainted by disappointing relationships that all ended up in flames. You never thought you'd find someone ever again, then he decided to sneak up on you and take you by surprise. It was the last thing on your mind, most definitely, but in his defense, you were okay with it this time. No worries to stress you out unnecessarily, and of course, summer was underway very shortly. The last things you'd have to be concerned about were your semester exams, but because you were forced to study by your mother whenever you didn't by any chance have homework, your confidence in the tests had excelled, and that left Mr. Park as the number one priority on your daily thought process, wondering what would even come of you two once school was finally over. Would it even be anything at all?

During History class later on in the day, you couldn't focuse on the lesson at all, for your eyes continued straying back to Mr. Park while you doodled in your notebook again, smirking to yourself as you replayed the night you two shared at the carnival from start to finish, never losing sight of his gorgeous face outlined by the hanging lights overhead, and the way his hand fit snuggly into yours, the rings on his fingers glittering and bold. The way he called your name when you had gotten distracted and strayed away to examine another game farther down the pathway, when he held you from behind and his heartbeat gently pattered beneath his shirt, and how he kissed you underneath the moonlight, that very moment in time which barriers of age and social status had disappeared. The very moment in which barriers didn't exist at all.

Mr. Park glanced at you from the front of the room, eyes narrowed paired with a serious frown, expressing little to no emotion for you to read. Your eyebrows furrowed at his confusing que. Why is he looking at me like that? Throughout the class, the rest of the students worked quietly without disruptions, and Mr. Park also sat quietly at his desk, reading something on his phone perhaps, a hand massaging his chin as he repeatedly shifted his eyes from the left of his screen to the right.

As you blankly stared at the paper beneath you, a mechanical pencil propped lazily in your hand, you realized that you weren't all that motivated to do any work today. Your eyes found themselves back in Mr. Park's direction, following the lines of his neck and face. You found yourself biting the edge of your pen unconsciously, until your staring had gone on too long and Mr. Park's gaze shifted from his phone over to you, who nervously panicked and averted everything back onto your incomplete assignment, which should've been done at this point. Hastily and in shame, you stood up from your seat and stiffly made your way to the door of the classroom, avoiding all eye contact with Mr. Park to suppress any emotions you had conjured up while imagining your lips on his body.

You walked quickly to the nearest restroom, in discomfort and distress as to why that man made you feel the way he did, despite how much you tried to stop it from happening. After dealing with your business, you noticed that your nerves were straying from one direction to another, absolutely and completely astray from what they once were before any of this even happened. You gazed at the lockers as you passed by them, almost like you were in some sort of trance. The staring continued, only it was then that you bumped into something, and realized you were supposed to be heading back to class. The impact felt like a boulder, struck your thinking bubble, shoving you back into reality where you had school to focus on and homework to do, places to go. Nothing else in the world made sense for just a moment. However, a few blinks and confused glances later, you could sensibly make out what had stopped you.

To your surprise, Mr. Park stood tall before you, which in response you recluded, not exactly knowing why, but simply coming to terms with your instinct. "Why are you scared, Y/N? You know I'm a nice guy, I mean I took you out for the night, why are you acting like that?" He asked, a look of desperation in his eyes. He lowered his body to meet your sunken eyes which had recluded from his in nervousness. "I know what you're thinking," He suddenly spoke, standing tall once again. "You don't think that I could ever truly love you." He stopped and looked down the empty hall while he collected his thoughts and ran down the list in his mind of how to say them to you. He leaned against the nearest locker along the wall, examing his perfect fingernails for a moment, and then crossing his arms, looking in your direction once again. "But you don't even know how love works. You're in such denial, you know that? After all that happened, you still do this." You began to shake your head in disapproval, closing your eyes and hoping that all of this would just slowly fade away into a dark abyss that you would never have to look down, but his voice just gradually became louder. "You like me. I like you, what's the hold up? What, 'cause I'm your History teacher?" He asked, now grabbing your waist firmly, pulling you to him in a quick, strenuous tug causing you to wimper. "No, I-" He then stopped the words from escaping your mouth by placing a beautiful finger against your lips. "Things like this happen all the time, Y/N. Love is unavoidable." He then loosened his grip on your school uniform's blazer, relieved his button-down of the crinkles that had come about from you pressed against his chest, pushed the circular glasses higher up on his delicate nose bridge, and was on his way back to the classroom, his dress shoes creating soft click-clacks across the marble flooring.

As soon as the door shut, you began to hyperventilate and your heart rate increased dramatically as you felt your waist in the area that he pulled on with shaky hands, reassuring that what had happened was, infact, not a dream. You shook your head once, maybe twice, but no amount of times you did so could suffice to break your palpitating internal beat. It wasn't that you didn't like him, for surely it was the exact opposite, but moreso that he drove you to the absolute edge of sanity in which you lose all control of your body and mind. Who knows what else he could do, if it were anything more than just having you so close to him, where you could barely breathe? At school, things were different.

Although you barely managed to scrounge up the courage to set foot back into the class, you had to, otherwise your backpack and other belongings wouldn't have made it home with you. After school, you called Tammy and told her everything that happened, regardless of the intimate details. At this point, Tammy also had her fair share of those types of fill-ins, only hers were shared with someone her age, someone who she could better understand and trust.

"Did he.. actually...?"

"No, no.. But he was really close to doing it, and I don't know if I could've even handled that. N-Not in a school setting... that whole.. fanfiction worthy pulled-by-the-waist thing was already wild as hell, not to mention the fact that all of it happened in the hallway. Like, did he not think about how much trouble he could've gotten in??"

A sigh was heard from the other end of the line, followed by a shuffling of what sounded like bed sheets. She was probably so tired of me calling late at night. "I know, I know. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if he got fired," sass practically emitting from her voice, causing you only to flinch at the idea. "But I do have to ask... Was it actually.. consented.. In any way? Did you resist at all..?"

A long pause took place after that question, for you were actually searching within you to find the true answer. The only problem was, there was no true answer. "I.. I don't know.. Look, Tammy. He took me out to the carnival, and we had a great time.. But every time we're at school, I feel different."

Tammy didn't say anything from a while, and simply hummed while she thought. "Look, just make sure that if you.. DO end up wanting to do any of that , make sure it's OFF campus, or else your is getting expelled."

Tammy cursing threw you a bit for a loop, since you weren't used to hearing her use that kind of language, like ever. All-in-all, she was a generally innocent and cheerful person, and so she rarely got angry. But when she did, oh. She was a monster.

"Alright alright, don't worry about me TamTam. I'll be fine... I-I gotta go to bed now though, I'll talk to you later okay?"
"Okay, goodnight." The phone hung up and you lay sprawled out on your bed, slight anxiety hovering over you like a thick film. What were you getting yourself into? You had practically already gone on a date with Mr. Park, and now the tension between you two has been greater than ever. You didn't know what to do with yourself. Should you submit to it, or not? It wasn't like you'd ever see him again after you graduated... Or, would you? Agh, enough of that crap. Of course you wouldn't see him after graduation. That would just be unrealistic. He has a completely different path than you. Different aspirations, different lifestyles. After minutes and minutes of hopeful thoughts and then repressions of them running through your mind, you finally became tired enough, and fell asleep.

Next week was the last week of school, and you couldn't wait to get all of your classes overwith once and for all, despite the fact that you'd be going to college in a year, which scared you. Though you wanted to push it aside and ultimately out of your head, you wanted very much to see Mr. Park this week, at least once, just so that you wouldn't have to worry about feeling like you missed out on a last goodbye. You hated that feeling; The feeling that you should've done something, but didn't.

Finals had ended about a week ago, and so realistically, there was absolutely nothing left to do in school. All of your teachers practically had their feet kicked up on their desks, sunglasses propped on their relaxed faces, and a "I'm already on vacation" powerpoint slide projected on the board. Of course, you didn't mind it the least bit, because you weren't feeling up to any work either. Life was good, at least for now.

Starting Tuesday, you and Mr. Park had been texting one another frequently, and the excitement of it all had taken control of your decision-making morality. You ended up agreeing to meet him after school tomorrow at your favorite fast food restaurant, which seemed pretty neutral for an outing, at least compared to the one you two had been on previously. That night, you arranged an outfit on your dresser, which consisted of lightwash skinny jeans, a white T-shirt with white sheer short sleeves, and some black vans that pretty much went with anything in your closet, and lastly, to top it all off, you accessorized with some simple gold rings and a necklace to match, but it wasn't overdone in any way. You would look casual, like the outing itself. Feeling satisfied, you lay down in your bed and fell right to sleep, no amount of pressure on your shoulders.

The next day dragged by itchingly slow. You just wanted to skip to the end of the day so that you could go eat with Mr. Park at your favorite place, just unwind, and reflect on the year as a whole, mostly on how the two of you had grown so close as the time flew by. No amount of conversations could equate to the chemistry you and Mr. Park shared- or, Jimin, since he insisted you call him that the last time you two went out together. Better get used to it, I suppose. Calling him by his first name might make things feel a little less formal between you two, afterall, so it might've been a good thing that you respected his wish. Minute by minute, you nervously stared at the clock, foot tapping against the floor, a finger in your mouth as you thought endlessly about the time. You wished, every minute that passed by, that you could have a super power which would move things along faster, but instead, it seemed as though everything were moving even slower due to the hyper-awareness.

Eventually, it became unbearable, and your eyes were straining by the second. Though you tried distracting yourself with music and doodles, they weren't enough. Your mind was much too powerful, and you couldn't stop thinking of him. Hour after hour the clock continued to tick. Tick-tock, tick-tock. Endlessly in rhythm. What could you do to make the time pass?

Eventually, the end of the day crept up slowly like the rising sun at dawn, and you eagerly pushed your way past people standing purposelessly in the middle of the halls as the last bell of the day rang repeatedly overhead. Your car seemed to be yearning for you, causing your legs to move quicker and your mind to race. I really, really want to see him.

You jumped in the car and drove home speedily, despite the risk of a ticket. After locking your car, you walked up the driveway and to your front door, pulling out the house key to unlock it. As you entered, music played faintly in the distance, towards the kitchen area. "Mom?" You called, hanging your house key on the third hook from the panel attached to the wall, where it usually hangs. "Y/N? I'm over here," she responded, obviously sounding a bit unattended and distracted. You walked around the corner, and she sat comfortably in the dining room, flipping through a home decor magazine while sipping on some herbal tea, as per daily routine.

"Mom, I need to head out somewhere this afternoon, just for a few hours." Your mother immediately looked up at you above the rim of her mug and set it down, crossing her arms. "Where to?" You fiddled with your hands behind your back, refusing to show your nervousness to her. "Just to a fast food restaurant up the street, it's the last time we'll probably see each other." She suddenly raised an eyebrow out of suspicion. "Who is this someone you speak of?" You began to break a sweat, but tried your best not to crack. "..Tammy." She picked up her mug and magazine, seeming a bit more relaxed at the mention of your well-trusted friend. "Dont you see her every summer? What do you mean 'last time you'll see each other'?" You gulped, this time unable to keep the anxiety unnoticed.

Your mother looked up from the page, setting the magazine down again. "Dont lie to me Y/N. Who is it." Her stern look of disapproval pierced your glass shield protecting the truth. "It's.. It's a close friend. I met him at school, h-his name is Jimin, and he's a very respectful guy, mom." You spewed, feeling as if you'd pass out any second. "I need to meet him." Your mother proclaimed, turning the page with her brows furrowed. "Oh, o-of course, I'll call him and let him know," a smile forced out of you, uncomfortably, and you sprinted upstairs to your room as quickly as possible.

Your chest rose and fell intensely, and your mind reviewed the million different scenarios that could occur between Jimin and your mother, all the while the phone ringer beeped into your ear, driving you completely mad. Finally, he picked up. "Hello?" He spoke, his voice smooth and clear. "Jimin," you urgently spoke into the speaker, on the verge of collapse. "My mom.. She wants to meet you," you choked out, pacing your room as you gathered your clothes together to change into. "Oh... Oh ," he responded, voice going hoarse. "Yeah, I know," you said, voice cracking nervously. "Okay, okay, don't panic. We won't tell her I'm your teacher, that's for sure, okay? I'll tell her that I'm a student, and are already enrolled as a freshman in college.. Even though I already got a degree.." he rehearsed, which made you feel a little more at ease. "Okay, okay sounds like a plan.. But, what if she asks for proof, or- or asks to meet your parents, or worse??" Jimin sighed, and you envisioned his eyes scrunching up in annoyance. "Sh sh, don't worry. I got this." Somehow, his simple reassurance helped you to calm down. "Alright, well I'll see you soon. Same place," you reminded, and he repeated you, then hung up.

You shook your head of the worry and speedily threw on the outfit you had planned for the outing, then headed to the bathroom to touch up your mascara and other simple things. One look in the mirror, and you were a mess. Your forehead gleamed with sweat, and the tiny bit of eyeliner you'd worn all day became smudged. A gasp later, you began reapplying the makeup that couldn't make it through the day. Just a little bit, not a lot. Your skills weren't anything to gawk over anyway, so you liked to keep it light. Soon enough you were finished with getting ready, and headed back downstairs. Instead of waiting inside where you'd become a nervous wreck again, you decided to sit outside in the fresh air to meet Jimin before he was invited inside your home.

You sat down on the steps, a slightly warm breeze blowing across your face and through your hair, comforting you much like Jimin himself. Closing your eyes, you took a deep breath, and tried imagining yourself in a more peaceful place. It helped to pass the time. After what seemed like a while, you heard a very familiar car engine in the distance, and opened your eyes to see the much anticipated Jimin driving his expensive red car down the street towards your house. You quickly stood up, and walked to the edge of your lawn, which he pulled up beside and exited the driver's seat. He noticed your expression and kissed your forehead lovingly. "Hey, I'm gonna be okay, you'll be okay. Just follow my lead," he directed, and grabbed your hand as he walked to your front door. After a few knocks, he let go of your hand, and stepped back a bit, clasping his together behind him. You nervously glanced at him and waited for your mother to open the door. How would she react? You wondered to yourself, biting your lip absentmindedly.

In a matter of minutes, the doorknob turned and the door opened, where she stood in the doorway with her eyes planted on Jimin, expressionless. He bowed as soon as she saw him, smiling warmly. "Hello, Ms. Y/L/N, I'm Jimin, very nice to meet you." One of her eyebrows lifted, as if she had approved of his introduction, and reached out her hand to him. "Hello, nice to meet you Jimin," She greeted, and allowed him inside. I breathed a sigh of relief.

Inside, she had been asking him various questions, such as what college he was planning on going to, whether or not he had a job, the basic things. He answered them as convincingly as possible, not quite stretching the truth, and she seemed to love him the more he spoke. One question after another, your mother stopped probing. She wished you two the best, and you both headed out the door and to his car.

The drive there was a lot more relaxed than you thought it would be, since you felt accomplished at having avoided disaster with your mom. Finally, you wouldn't have to lie about who you were out with anymore. It felt nice, and free, and less nerve-wracking. "I feel so lucky right now," Jimin suddenly confessed, a big smile on his face as his eyes squinted happily. "Why, 'cause my mom didn't find out you're my teacher?" You chuckled humorously, but deep down, you really were curious. "No," he shook his head, still wearing that sweet smile. "Because I'm here with you again, that's all." You blushed and curled up to yourself on the passenger's side, feeling all warm and fuzzy. "Really?" You asked, and he reached over to squeeze your knee. "Really."

At the fast food place, you two stood side by side before the ordering menu, choosing carefully what it was that you wanted to get. In all honestly, all you wanted was a burger and some fries, but Jimin insisted that he spend a little more on you. "Common Y/N, I got more money than I'll ever need. This is nothing. Just order something crazy." You giggled at his charming, spontaneous energy, and ordered a special menu item that cost eleven dollars just for one. He placed a hand on the small of your back, and you two found a seat by a large window, overlooking the evening sky. Hazy shades of pink and orange began to dominate the view, and you could see every detail in Jimin's glossy and mesmerizing eyes. He noticed you staring, and his cheeks flushed a pale shade of pink. "Whatchu staring at?" He asked non-threatingly, a hand propped on his face as he smiled adorably. His gaze made you want to hide away in embarrassment, but you didn't. You only stared back, and for some strange reason, you couldn't stop. He opened his hand utop the table and reached out for yours, and held it tight. Leaning across the table he sweetly pecked you on the lips. "You're so cute, Y/N," he giddied, and you couldn't help yourself from swooning. How is he so adorable, and yet so hot at the same time??

"Order 17 and 23?" An employee called out from the counter, and Jimin was ripped out of his infatuation with you, and told you he'd be right back as he went to go get the food. You smiled to yourself as you replayed the moment over and over in your head, never forgetting how it felt to have his lips on yours. It felt like a dream you never wanted to wake up from.

In no time, he approached the table again and set the large tray down, with delicious smelling food filling the space. "Oh my god, I'm so hungry," you expressed, grabbing hold of your double cheese hamburger and unwrapping it from the bright green paper. "Haha me too, I haven't ate since twelve." Jimin sat down across from you and unwrapped his burrito, and began eating. While you two worked on your food and shared fries, you couldn't stop laughing at every little thing the other did. If Jimin simply scratched his nose, you'd try to contain your laughter, but would end up failing every time. If you hiccupped because of laughing too much, then Jimin's adorable giggles would erupt, and both of you would just end up laughing together. Before the fries almost finished, Jimin insisted he hand feed you the last one. He held out the fry to you and you couldn't stop laughing at how ridiculous he was, but you obliged and he had a look of pride on his face afterwards, a look of endearment. After the two of you finished eating and threw your trash away, you sat at the table and just chatted about different things for a while to get to know each other better.
You: "What's your favorite color?"
"Purple."
Him: "Favorite time of day?"
"Night."
Him: "What do you believe in after you die?"
"Not sure."
You: "Favorite season?"
"Spring"
You: "Ideal type?"
Jimin stopped, looked down and examined the flashy rings on his fingers, pondering. "I don't really have an ideal type, to be honest. I guess it depends on the person," he said, suddenly looking up at you deeply. "But if I were to have one, I'd consider you the perfect match." Your heart totally soared out of your body and up into the sky, enough to where you couldn't quite breathe, but had to so that you could respond. It was hard to even do that, though.

"Me? I.. Jimin.. You're my exact ideal type. I don't know how to put it into words, but.. You just have it all. And not because of your money, but because you're just the perfect balance of everything I like in someone. Kind, adventurous, mysterious, spontaneous, dramatic.. Like a dream," You trailed off, as soon as you realized he had just been staring at you, completely focused on everything you were saying. You begun to get shy, but instead, Jimin got up from his seat and held out his hand to you. "Let's go for a walk."

The two of you traveled along the sidewalk, hand in hand, enjoying the realness of everything. The realness of his warmth, the closeness of your shoulders, the happiness in your hearts, all because he was there with you, and you were there with him, side by side like nothing could break it. Something about the feeling of inseferability was so new and exciting to you, it felt weird and different, but so right all at once. Like you two.. Belonged together or something. Whatever it was, you didn't dare question it, but rather, enjoy it.

Because it was very close to summertime, leftover flower petals fell from the trees overhead, cascading over the both of you, the scent of fresh spring roses filling the air. A scent of purity and cleanseness. The sun was setting to your right, and stars quickly took their positions in the sky one by one, faintly, but still visible. While walking in harmony, Jimin stopped, in front of a hedge with a million roses sprouting out of it, each one a different shade of red. Different shade of pink.

He took both of your hands, squeezing tightly, and wore a slightly unsure smile on his face, biting his lower lip. Though the light was becoming fainter by the minute, his eyes sparkled and glowed. They were the only eyes you saw. A gust of wind rushed passed the two of you, dismantling Jimin's neat hairdo, which in all honestly looked even better when ruffled up, and it might've been the exact push he needed to ask the very question he did then.

"I've been getting to know you all school year, the good sides and the bad.. I got to see what an amazing and dedicated student you are, so smart and driven. You're sweet and talented, beautiful.." He went on and on, to the point where you almost teared up because you couldn't recall the last time someone other than yourself had reminded you of those things. "..and I've been meaning to ask.. If you'd like to be my girlfriend," he proposed, smiling nervously as he fidgeted with your hands, almost impatiently. Your jaw dropped as soon as he mentioned the word "girlfriend," because it was simply a matter of yes or no. One answer would determine your fate for a long while beyond this point.

"I..." You begun, every answer imaginable running through your head. Am I really ready for this? Yes, no.. Maybe? Before you knew it, your mind went blank, and you simply looked into his eyes, listening to your heart's internalmost desires, for once.
Thump, thump, thump
"Yes, I-I do."
You smiled ecstatically and he reciprocated, pulling you into a safe embrace. Your smile rubbed up against his neck, subtly, peacefully. "I can't believe you're mine now," he whispered, and the two of you retracted, staring deeply at one another. Your feet lifted off of the ground to reach his height, which wasn't much taller than you, but still tall enough, and pecked him on the nose. He made a funny face in response to your odd affection, but didn't think anything of it. He loved your quirkiness, as you did his.

The two of you continued walking as the sun fell lower and lower, as the sky turned more vibrant than ever. It took your breath away. Jimin held you close as the two of you followed the path, circling back around to where he parked his car. While you leaned up against him, feeling a great happiness you'd never felt before, the only thing you could think about, was how lucky you felt to finally be his.