Part 3

Seonsaengnim (A Jimin Fanfic Series)

After what happened last night, looking Mr. Park in the eyes was difficult, maybe even impossible, because all you could see when you glanced his way were the things that went on in your dream, and you wouldn't dare speak of it to anyone, not even to Tammy. You decided to come into class late today because you feared feeling too awkward with yourself. On top of having skipped morning tutoring all together and walking in around 10 minutes after the bell, the whole class glued their eyes to your face as you walked through the door during a presentation. Mr. Park lowered his glasses after he paused his speech for a moment, searching your hand for any sign of an excuse note. "Miss Y/N, where have you been? You're about 15 minutes late." You took your phone out from your pocket and checked the time, almost sweating through your school uniform while all the attention was placed on you. "I'm actually only 10 minutes late, sir. I was held back in the office. [Which you lied about] It won't happen again." At the mention of the office, the entire class stirred with comments like "oooOOO" and "She's in troubleee.."

You simply rolled your eyes and seated yourself, for the embarrassment had already made you prone to being irritated. After the power point finished and Mr. Park had instructed everyone on the apparent second assignment, he passed out a sheet to everyone and sat back down at his desk, but this time he was on his phone. It seemed strange for you to see him on his phone, because it made him appear like a student; A really well dressed and handsome student at that. As usual, everyone in the room was quiet at first and Mr. Park hadn't needed to remind them to keep their voices down, but since he wasn't imputing grades this time around, he was a bit more lenient with them when they begun to act out again. However, that wasn't a good thing for you. Seeming as if you were being swallowed whole by the class's loud chatter, you had no other choice but to ask to work outside. You took the assignment which was about 1/3 complete with you up to Mr. Park's desk to ask, and before you could even say anything to him, he looked up from his phone with both eyebrows raised, giving him a friendly appearance. 

"Yes miss Y/N?" He asked, never breaking eye contact with you, which made you feel uneasy yet again. You had to raise your voice in order for him to hear you, "Can I please work outside? It's too loud in here." He raised a finger up to you as if saying 'wait a second,' and pulled out a sticky note from the drawer of his desk. Using the pen from his lanyard, he scribbled down a few things and then handed you the small paper. "Just in case someone wants to ask you why you're out there. You know how those hall monitors are." His name was written in beautiful cursive, which wasn't a surprise because you already knew he had amazing handwriting, but the unexpected part was the little heart at the end of his name. You nodded at him with a smile and a slightly furrowed brow in sarcastic confusion, and he winked at you again before you exited the classroom. Once you were seated and leaned against the wall outside of the room, you buried your burning red face into your hands because of the small gesture he did, which you didn't know how to react to in the moment so you just shyly blushed and walked away. How could he do this to me??! Why does he keep winking? Is that normal for him?? 

After a few more moments of freaking out, you started on your worksheet and got it done in only five minutes. It was easy material, but there was no way you could've focused in that classroom, and being out in this cold hallway was a much better alternative than being in there. Because you didn't want to go back in, you sat there on your phone to pass the time, telling Tammy all about how Mr. Park winked at you. She replied back in less than a minute, enthusiastic as ever about it. But just as you were about to reply back, the door to the classroom opened and startled you with the sudden loud boom of noise from the inside. You looked up at the doorway and Mr. Park stood there holding a paper. Unfortunately, you forgot to cover your red cheeks, so he most likely noticed them right off the bat. "Here, you forgot to grab the first assignment before you left," he said, leaning down and handing you the other sheet. "Can I have that one to grade?" He gestured toward the completed one sitting on the floor next to you. You nodded and gave it to him, avoiding eye contact, then immediately went to work on the first assignment. Though he had no reason to do so, he continued standing in the doorway of the classroom, looking down at you, and you couldn't concentrate on the questions because of it. "M-Mr. Park? Do you.. need anything else?" You asked hesitantly, your shy eyes finally looking up into his soft gaze. 

"Not at all, Y/N. You're just such a good student, a diligent worker. I appreciate your efforts." And with that compliment, he finally referred back into classroom. You were left there shocked, your mouth slightly gaped as you tried to gather every last thing into your brain. Me? He appreciates.. me? As soon as you realized that none of that was merely just your imagination, you texted Tammy again, very excitedly, to the point where you unfortunately lost track of time and the bell for second period rung. In a mild state of panic due to your incomplete assignment, you rushed back into the classroom to retrieve your backpack and walked up to Mr. Park's desk as students made their way past you and out the door. "Mr. Park, I didn't finish my assignment so I will for sure be here tomorrow morning to complete it!" You promised, and with that, you went about your boring day of back to back classes and worksheets.

During lunch, you had a rare chance to meet up with Tammy because you finally got your economics work under control, and there you two went on and on about the crazy amount of work and lack of sleep you both obtained due to school. "Yes, I barely have time to play video games now!" Tammy complained, propping her chin on her hand. "I feel you TamTam, I haven't gotten on my computer in weeks... Hey! By the way, have you decided to go to that college you were invited to?" Tammy's eyes shot open widely in disturbance. "Me? Are you crazy Y/N? ..I can't even handle my advanced high school classes now, how could I ever make it in college?" She slumped down onto the lunch table while holding a fork full of salad, groaning in defeat. You placed your hand on her head and pet her short hair. "TamTam, you'll be alright. You're like the smartest person I know, I am definitely positive that you can do it." She lifted her head and looked at you for a moment before hugging you, a big smile suddenly etched onto her face. "You're right. I will do it- but not yet. I need some time... but I WILL do it!" After laughing together about other stories of how the year was going so far and the people you've come across, the two of you continued eating lunch until it was time to go back to class.

The next morning, you got out of bed and hustled through your routine, ensuring that you would get to school on time. You drove there, parked, and made your way to the classroom on the bottom floor of the east wing, determined to be as studious as possible. Upon entering the familiar classroom, the first person you noticed was, of course, Mr. Park; he stood wearing a buttoned sweater layered atop his collared shirt, tucked into black slacks held up by a matching leather belt. He looks so good, you thought to yourself. He then  glanced your way once you walked in, flashing you one of his signature gorgeous, full smiles. "Ah, miss Y/N! You made it today!" He exclaimed cheerfully. You replied with a nervous laugh, "Yeah, gotta get this assignment finished," and looked over to where he stood, which was beside another student's desk, assisting her with work. She clearly hadn't been paying attention in class, much like the rest of your peers, but he still showcased patience and kindness while explaining the map's setup and key to the student. In a way, this consideration made you practically numb of any other emotion besides love. He was literally your dream guy. How??

After what seemed to be about ten minutes, he had successfully gotten through to the student having trouble and slowly walked over to your desk, his fresh cologne scent filling the air around you, so naturally you couldn't help but compliment it. "Why, thank you Y/N! It was a little gift from my brother. He said I would smell better than any guy out there," He laughed, and you giggled in response. "Well, he's right about that." Mr. Park smiled and looked down for a moment, his adorable cheeks turning a faint shade of bright pink shortly afterwards, causing your cheeks to blush as well. He knelt down beside your desk while eyeing your paper, then up at you, who was practically trembling because of how close he was and how excited you were to see his beautiful face in full detail yet again.

"Do you need any help with this?" He asked, tapping the assignment with his finger, but never breaking eye contact with you. Your eyes left his and your head faced down timidly. "Ah.. no, I don't... I'm almost done with it actually," You added, meeting his eyes again. He nodded and found himself back at his desk in the front, lounging comfortably in the rolly chair, both arms up behind his head. "Well if you ever do, let me know." 

Your mind raced with thought after thought, but each one happened to return to the fact that he never failed to make you feel special. Maybe it was all in your head, but you seriously didn't know whether this was exactly a... right feeling to follow. He is a teacher, and you're a student, but.. he is just a human being. Agh..Why must this happen to me? You finished your assignment and were finally all caught up with everything, then sat there reading until the bell rung for first period to start. After finishing first period, you were eager to continue on with the rest of the day because it was finally Friday, and you were planning on sleeping in to catch up on all the hours you lost to homework. Every day was nearing closer to Thanksgiving break, which you couldn't wait for, along with everyone else in school. Though as much as Thanksgiving break sounded heavenly, you sure would miss Mr. Park a lot. Perhaps the only way you'll be able to see him for that week of being apart, is in your dreams?