Part 5

Seonsaengnim (A Jimin Fanfic Series)

After waking up groggily from a night of endless tossing and turning, the first thing that came to mind was the racing thump of your heart beat, the one that longed to see the upcoming eight hours of the day and what it had to bring, starting with your favorite period; first.

Day dreams of Mr. Park suddenly overcame you, and the normal ability to function subsided. You scratched your head mindlessly as your gaze extended past the outside horizon, the morning sunrise glistening in soft pastels that shone through the half-open blinds of your bedroom window. As you stared blankly, lost in undefined clouds drifting across the fresh crystal blue skies, a repeating beep drew your gaze from the window. After reading your phone screen, your blood practically drained from your body. "Oh crap, I gotta go." You quickly grabbed your things to head out the door, and to your car that was parked in the driveway.

You put it into reverse and backed out, then proceeded to take the alternate route to school, like you do every morning. Only today, your hands trembled above the wheel and you couldn't sit still, wide awake and sensitive to your emotions. This.. MrPark was making you anxious, and you didn't like it one bit. "Aghh I need some music," You complained, and turned the radio dial, immediately feeling a bit more relaxed as soon as your favorite station started playing, distracting you a healthy amount from the things that tore at your mental.

Taken as you were driving the shortcut, in only a few minutes you would arrive at the familiar destination you called school. Sadly, your jam was cut short after parking in the student's lot, which was followed by you walking to the entrance of the school, tugging at your shirt to keep it from riding up on you. Just as your hand reached out to pull on the door handle, someone's sly fingers poked into your sides, causing you to jump and yelp in surprise. "AH!" You shrieked, spinning around to see who it was that had jabbed you, and to your relief, it was only Tammy.

"Tammy you scared me!!" You exasperated, moving a fallen strand of hair out of your face while you laughed breathlessly. As you two were walking into the building, her expression lit up like reflections of the sun upon ocean waves, grabbing your arm in guilt. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to scare you Y/N, I'm just so excited! I have some things to tell you!" While she had your arm in her grasp she pulled you through the school, over to a dim empty hallway, except for a small ray of light shining through an ajarred classroom door in tutoring session across the way. "Okay... So," She exasperated, holding up her finger to you as she bent over to catch her breath. "You okay there, champ?" You asked with an amused smile as you waited. "Yeah, I'm good," she replied, taking her last inhale. "Right. So, there's this dude," she leaned in, covering in a juvenile manner as she whispered into your ear lowly. You reciprocated the stance and leaned down to accommodate to her petite height. "What about him?" You ask, making sure to keep your voice quiet for Tammy's sake. "And..." She smiled so widely as her hands reached up to cover her flushed cheeks. "He kissed me yesterday after school." Her voice trailed off in small giggles as she scanned your face for a reaction, but you only stood there in shock. "Y-you? You were kissed? B-by a boy? After school yesterday!?" You repeated, eyes and eyebrows dramatically conveying your thoughts. "Mhm!" She nodded excitedly, her face bright with happiness. You scoffed, not out of indifference, but surprisingly, impressiveness.

"I can't believe it Tammy!" You smiled, patting her shoulder with force. She chuckled innocently, despite what she had just revealed to you. "Are you crazy?? Do you know that your mom would kill you if she ever found out you had a boyfriend??" You asked, your motherly instinct kicking in after the shock had subsided. "We're not dating!" She defensively remarked with pep. "We just like each other," She restated, clutching onto her backpack straps fondly as her mind traveled elsewhere. "Hey!" You called, turning around quickly to follow after her who had walked past you. Once by her side again, you draped your arm over her tiny shoulders. "You're just a little bombshell, aren't you?" You cooed, pinching her right cheek as you two walked through the hallway together and headed to class.

Your best friend had made you smile all the way to first period, successfully distracting you from the anxiety that had mustered up when you thought of Mr. Park, who so happened to be standing in the doorway with his muscular arms crossed, showcasing a flashy silver watch. He proudly observed the hallway with his chin up to the sky, circular glasses reflecting the light from the ceiling.

"Oh, Miss Y/N," He stated, clasping his hands together behind his back, staring down at you. "What a pleasant surprise." The corner of his mouth upturned and his eyes softly lay upon your quavering ones, easily managing to quicken your heartbeat. "Uh.. h-hi Mr. Park," You nervously mustered with uncertainty, then quickly squeezed through the thin space he had provided in the doorway to the classroom, almost tactically it seemed.

As you got out your journal to start the warm up, Mr. Park walked into the classroom, hands remaining behind his back, and crossed the front of the classroom towards the white board. He wrote down in large, neat letters, "FREE DAY After warmup." The excitement in your face was evident as you giddied for a moment, exhilarated at the thought that you'd be able to listen to music, and draw all period for the first time EVER.

You jotted down the warmup and answered the question as quickly as you could, then stuffed your bulky journal into your backpack, then grabbed your sketchbook and listened to music on shuffle. A time for relaxation called for a lack of great posture and attention. Ahhhisn't this amazingNo workno worriesno- Suddenly, a tap on your shoulder broke your train of conscious thought. "Miss Y/N?" A soft and tender, yet deep and masculine voice spoke. Mr. Park stood at the side of your desk, and you had no idea how he got there. You ripped the earphones out of your ears and flipped your notebook over, feeling intensely embarrassed at him having almost seen your rather.. Interesting sketch of him.

"Yes?" You asked in a small voice. "Could I speak to you outside for a moment, if you don't mind?" He questioned in a considerate and kind tone, eyes slightly squinting in unapologetic plea. "Yeah, sure thing," you responded, leaving your desk and following after him. Once the two of you stood outside the door, alone in the hallway for what it seemed, Mr. Park automatically grew a wide smile on his face, pulling out a paper from his slacks' pocket.

"I asked to you come out here because, I have an offer to make to you." His eyes peered up at you as he unfolded it carefully, his dainty fingers decorated with two bulky rings positioning it ever so slightly so that you could see every movement.

"Oh.. Okay, uh.. What is it?" You asked in genuine curiosity, eyes darting between the paper and his glossy brown eyes. "Because you are such an amazing student and have stayed on top of your classes, always behave and listen, always respectful, always-" He caught sight of a smile creeping onto your face, and he giggled, the warmest sound you'd ever heard. "Well you get the gist," his eye smile piercing right through your heart.

"I wanted to know if you would be interested in moving into my advanced History class for the rest of the year. The students in my advanced classes are much quieter and mature, they're actually pretty friendly actually, and I think you'd enjoy it. I don't want to pressure you, but I'd really love to have you transition. The college credit is also something to consider. Take your time on this, okay Y/N?" He informed, handing you the paper pinched between his pointer finger and thumb.

You took the paper from him and smiled brightly, in which he smiled back fondly. "I.. I would actually love that. I'm so excited to finally get out of that class Mr. Park you have no idea," you joked, causing him to chuckle in response as he opened the classroom door once again, allowing you to enter first. "I wish I could say the same," He responded, the biggest smile on his face as he went to go sit down again, lounging in his chair peacefully until he closed his eyes after a while.

You admiringly glanced up at him every few minutes to continue with your sketch of him in caricature form, showcasing his charming features in a pop art styled angle. With a hand resting on your hot cheek, you memorized his face as the hour went by. How is he so perfect?

When the bell rung for class to end, you packed up your things and eagerly made your way towards the door, but Mr. Park called your name and motioned for you to come over to his desk before you left. "Yes?" You asked, feeling woozy at the sight of him again. "Once you've decided, make sure to turn that paper in to your counselor. I know you'll do great," he smiled, giving you an "okay" hand gesture, and you nodded, muttering "Alright, thanks," with a smile before you exited the classroom. You bumped your palm against your forehead a few times in annoyance. Why do you always turn dumb in front of himWhy does he do this to youThis can't beyou can't really have a crush on a teacher Y/N!