Part 4

Seonsaengnim (A Jimin Fanfic Series)

Those few days that remained until the Friday before Thanksgiving break went by extremely fast, most likely because you'd been trying your best to concentrate and put your all into every class like the good student you were; until before you knew it, school was out for a week! After rushing home quickly and finishing some last minute chores, you finally could unwind and relax while watching your favorite TV shows on Netflix. Your mom didn't like to catch you lousing around, so you made sure to have your volume low, just so that she wouldn't find you doing nothing, not to mention eating snacks in bed, which would mean sudden death.

After about two hours or so, your mom called you down to eat dinner, which you obliged to, and made your way to the dining room where everything was already set on the table. The two of you sat in silence as you ate, however soon enough, your mother couldn't stand it, as usual. "So how did school go today?" You looked up from your bowl at her, who was softly blowing her steaming soup. "Oh it was alright.. I guess. Just same ol' routine like always." She glanced up at you without an expression for a few seconds due to the vague answer, but continued eating anyway. "Did your tests go well?" You nodded and wiped the corner of your mouth with a napkin. "Yeah, I think I did good." She raised an eyebrow. "You better have gotten all A's."

You sighed and got up with your plate in hand, carrying it to the kitchen sink and proceeding to wash it. "Mom..I did the best I could, okay?" She stayed quiet and sipped the remaining liquid in her bowl as the tap water ran over your dirty dish. "Your best should be above 95," She proceeded to say, turning to look at you with an accusing expression. "Okay, whatever you say mom. But I can't promise you anything. They've already imputed grades, and I'm sure I did fine." She finally figured she couldn't argue any further, and simply walked over to place her bowl in the sink just as you finished washing yours. "Okay then, I'm going to bed. Make sure to sleep before 12 o'clock." As she walked away you rolled your eyes and mumbled a very angry "Whateverunder your breath, just so she wouldn't hear you. Once she fell asleep, you would continue watching Netflix until you got tired, like every holiday break.

When Thanksgiving came around, your entire family visited your house and the whole day was spent talking to your relatives (even though you didn't really want to) and eating food left and right. Usually you didn't allow yourself to eat so much, but Thanksgiving had no rules on that regard. Of course, you got the occasional question of "So, have you met anyone special at school?" And again of course, you HAD to reply "no, not really" or else you would be eternally shamed and shunned by your family for being even semi-interested interested in a teacher. Rather young teacher, but nonetheless your teacher. That conversation, to say the least, was completely out of the question.

The day ended as soon as it came, and your family traveled back to their homes, leaving you there alone with your mom to help clean up the aftermath. There wasn't much tidying up to do, thankfully, and you were quite pooped from all of the socialization, so once you were both finished, you went back to your room and fell asleep. Since break was only a week long, it seemed as if it flew by like nothing and Sunday had come upon you rather quickly. Your mother had asked if you could head down to the Supermarket to pick up some groceries for next week, and because you could drive, you really had no excuse to object.

She wrote you a grocery list and sent you on your way, and you pouted for most of the drive there, but eventually the feeling faded away. After parking your car, walking all the way into the store and picking out a cart, you finally took a look at the list your mom wrote and squinted while trying to decipher what all her chicken scratch even meant. "Milk," you finally muttered, and quickly, made your way to the dairy section. She wrote down a lot of items that are found in the dairy and grains section, but most of all, the vegetable and fruit section was where the money stood. She only handed you about 40 dollars for the trip, but with the amount of things on her list, you could've sworn it would amount to a tad bit more than that.

After grabbing some bananas off the rack and placing them into a thin plastic bag, you grabbed hold of your cart and headed around the corner toward the vegetable isle. Just as you were rounding the edge, a figure in front of you caught your attention, and you immediately stopped before bumping into them. It all happened so quickly that you hadn't even noticed who it was, but when you looked up, you realized that it was Mr. Park.

You stood awestruck from his very presence standing before you; his messy—yet somehow perfectly styled hair, his slight five o'clock shadow, the hazy look in his eyes that screamed louder to you than ever before due to the absence of his glasses, his choice of attire; ripped skinny jeans paired with black leather combat boots, a long coat with a sweater underneath, and to top it all off, his ears held small piercings that shimmered from the lights above. To say the least, you had to hold onto the cart twice as hard to keep your knees from bucking.

Honestly, who is this guy? This was not the Mr. Park you knew from school. He looked, so.. bad. And you would've never even imagined he could look this good without his circular glasses, slacks and button ups that you had become so used to him wearing. The fact that he dressed down so nicely when not at school turned you on so much, but of course you weren't going to show it, all you could do was stand there. He finally just looked like a.. normal young adult.

After a few moments of just staring at him timidly and taking in his model-like aura, he cleared his throat and smiled at you as if trying to say "um.. hi?" You moved a piece of hair away from your face and looked down momentarily, laughing quietly at yourself before you decided to go with the flow of things. "Oh.. hi Mr. Park! What are you doing here?" You asked animatedly, trying very hard to act natural. He laughed and walked over to the cabbage section, examining every one as he went along. "Well getting groceries like you, silly."

You practically face-palmed yourself for failing small talk. "Ah, haha of course..." You pretended to check out some vegetables from another section a few feet away, however you couldn't help but sneak glances over in his direction every few moments. After multiple times of getting away with it, as he bent down to retrieve a tomato, he looked back at you just in time. DamnitWhy are you so obvious Y/N?!

His smile never seemed to cease. He walked closer to where you stood by your cart, and your heart raced faster than ever before. With him looking like this, you felt completely powerless over your attempts at being discreet. You actually ended up holding your breath as he neared you, knuckles white from holding the cart so hard. "..I notice a lot more than I let on. You like what you see?" He asked with a playful tone and smirk, looking at the side of your blushing face as he reached across you to grab something off of a higher shelf. You stepped back a bit and held your breath, completely speechless at his effortlessly irresistible nature.

"I uh... Yes- I mean," You stumbled, panic evident in your darting eyes. He faced you with a cocky smile, shaking his head. "Why are you acting like this? What's it about me that makes you feel so nervous?" He asked almost teasingly, the corners of his mouth slightly amused. You gulped slowly.

"It's just.. You look different. Really..different from how you do at school M-Mr. Park-" You stuttered in a shy voice, unable to meet his eyes. "Call me Jimin," He cut in with a husky voice, but then out of nowhere smiled brightly as he showed you a very small grape. "This one's so cute!" You blinked about five times just to double check, to make sure you weren't dreaming all of that up, but in the end decided to just take it for what is was. His personality intrigued you to say the least, one minute he was one person, another the next.

"Well, I've gotta run. My dinner won't make itself! See you tomorrow," he winked, walking away in a confident stride, which is the one quality you actually did recognize above all the rest that were unfamiliar. As soon as he left your sight, you cowered in disbelief as your mind scattered from one event to another. It seemed as if everything just happened in a blur! What the heck is this guy trying to do?? Bumping into him was the last thing on your mind, and now you're sure you won't be able to get him out of your mind. Mr. Park is- I mean, Jimin, is definitely something else.

After gathering together all of the groceries that your mom requested and paying for them at the register, you drove home as quickly as you could, because you were sure that the whole ordeal had probably held you up about twenty minutes late. Entering the door with a million bags hanging from your arms, you walked in to find your mother sitting on the couch, eyeing the door. Well. Here goes.

"What took you so long Y/N?" Your mom asked with her arms crossed. "Ah, I'm sorry mom. There was a really long line. I guess everyone had the same idea as you," you fibbed, secretly hoping that she wouldn't suspect you were lying. "Hm," She puffed, eyeing you suspiciously. "I don't know if I should send you out by yourself again." She stated after some time, while you put away the products. "Mom, seriously?" Annoyed, she continued glaring from over the counter. "Make sure to lock the door," She said before walking to her bedroom and closing the door behind her, finally leaving you to some peace.

Once you made it back in your room, you texted Tammy despite the fact that it was 9:58 P.M and told her everything, which resulted in the two of you talking back and forth until the early hours of the morning, and it probably wasn't the best idea because you had to wake up at 6 A.M for school. Jimin was certainly a nuisance to your mental and emotional well being, that's for certain. If only he weren't so freaking good looking.