Part 1

Seonsaengnim (A Jimin Fanfic Series)

"Do we have any classes together Y/N?" Your friend asked enthusiastically, leaning over your shoulder as you tightly gripped the small sheet of paper given to you by your counselor. Nervous, excited students bustle all around you while you walked slowly on the side of the hallway, reading over your new Senior year schedule. "No.." You replied somberly, comparing the two courses one after another, becoming more disappointed the lower your eyes traveled, until they reached the end of the schedule and there wasn't anything left to read. "This , now I'm sad," You whined, handing Tammy's schedule back to her wearing a long face. Clutching onto the straps of your backpack, you continued walking beside Tammy as you listened to her consoles and promises of not letting this barrier get in the way of your friendship. You simply nodded, non-evidently fighting back tears as you stood outside the door of your first period class, and exchanged a long-awaited embrace. 

She looked back at you with an unconvincing smile before the two of you parted ways, and as she disappeared around the corner, you entered your first period class. Since you had arrived a little later than planned, there were already a good amount of students sitting down when you walked in. A few of them even stopped mid-conversation to watch you as you found an empty seat, awkwardly making an effort to avoid their obvious stares.

Once seated, you took a second to look around and familiarize yourself with the classroom. Brightly-colored posters hung upon the walls, which were either world maps or vintage political propaganda, along with typical classroom expectations and quotes that just about every teacher's classroom is decorated with. "Team Work Makes the Dream Work," "Ask Questions," and "Never Give Up on Your Dreams" were few of the many messages that filled the empty beige spaces. Sitting quietly, having already gotten a feel for the room you would be in for the rest of the year, you pulled out one of the spiraled notebooks from your backpack and began doodling to pass the time. 

Swirly lines, flowers, and random portraits of random people filled the first page as you waited for your teacher to arrive. You looked up at the clock and realized that school would be starting in about twenty minutes. Where could they be? With every minute that passed by, the students who filled the left side of the classroom became louder and more rambunctious, raised their voices and walked around aimlessly as there were no authority to handle their behavior. You soon began to grow annoyed with the loud students invading your peaceful and tired mind, so you plugged your earphones in to forget about the world for a while. 

As you finished off the stem to a very lazily-drawn rose, the speaker at the top of the room cut on and shook you from your immersion. You set down your pen and tried your best to listen to the morning announcements, but the students were just so loud that you eventually gave up on concentrating. Moments later, the woman speaking on the announcements asked everyone to rise and participate in the school's oath, which you already knew by heart from having attended there all years of high school. As you and the rest of the class recited each word effortlessly, right hand in the air, the door of the classroom swung open and in walked a muscular man carrying a grey brief case, and he wore a white button up shirt paired with black slacks. He glanced up at the room for a second as he unlocked the case and took out a stack of packets, then sat down in his chair and begun typing away at his keyboard. You eyed him slyly the whole time, not even paying any mind to the school's recitation.

His wavy hair was shiny and [whatever color of your choosing], he wore round glasses that suited his soft features, and his plump lips gave a y, yet youthful appearance to him. You almost couldn't believe he was your teacher. Is everyone else seeing what I'm seeing right now?? You looked away nervously before he had the chance to sense that you'd been gawking, and to help yourself feel less embarrassed, you aimlessly adjusted your shirt and fixed your hair. He rose from his seat in the front of the class and picked out a dry erase marker from his desk drawer, which he then used to write his name on the white board. 

"Mr. Park" He wrote in beautiful, neat handwriting, adding little waves and curly accents to his letters. You found yourself yet again studying his every move, admiring his name and looking him up and down. Is.. is that a.. his . Oh my god- It's so.. OHMYG-

"Good morning everyone," Mr. Park suddenly spoke in a soft, yet presenceful voice, standing up straight to face the class. As he scanned the room with hands stuffed in his slacks' pockets, you begun to hear whispering among the other students and faint laughter in the background. You knew it had to do with how good looking he was, and you probably would've been doing the same thing if Tammy were here, but since you were alone, all you could do was admire him via your thoughts. His eyes, peeking above his smart rounded frames, made it to your desk last since you were the only student on the right side of the classroom, and you felt the intensity of his gaze pierce through your quavering eyes. You almost thought you would collapse, but decided to ignore the feeling, and stared right back at him without a second thought. As you did so boldly, you could've sworn that the corners of his mouth upturned into a slight smirk before he tore his eyes away, causing you to look down from embarrassment and disbelief. Oh my god.. we were staring at each other! ...W-was that just me? Am I going crazy?? 

After the announcements ended, everyone took a seat and you disregarded your notebook, making an extra effort to pay attention to the teacher without becoming totally infatuated with him. He rubbed his hands together while wearing a smile, and then out of nowhere, clapped loudly, successfully waking the few students who had begun to fall asleep while he had been preparing a few things on his computer. "Glad to see everyone's faces," He greeted, playing with the large ring on his pointer finger. "So, it's the first Monday after a long summer and I know you're all tired, but try to stay awake for a minute. You probably already saw it, but I'm Mr. Park, and I'll be your History teacher this year," He motioned toward the board. "Are there.. any questions before I continue?" As expected, many females raised their hands. "How old are you?" One of them asked in a peppy voice, both hands clasped together atop her desk. He chuckled and adjusted his glasses lower, looking down for a moment. "I'm twenty one years old," He replied, meeting her eyes at a mysteriously low angle. She became flustered and turned to her friend, where they both exchanged some words to each other before Mr. Park broke their conversation mid-way. 

"Oh, yes, next question?" he prompted, calling on another student nearby the first. "You're hot," She laughed hysterically, along with the other two girls who had been chatting before. Mr. Park appeared shy and surprised at first, but soon begun to seem as if he humbly enjoyed it. "Thank you, but that isn't a question, I'm sorry. Anyone else?" You tried your best to cut it down on the staring, nothing but unwholesome glances here and there, however you strangely felt like you were being watched as you worked on another drawing in your notebook. After managing to eventually pick your head up despite the discomfort, Mr. Park was seen leaning slightly over his desk, peering at you along with the rest of the class. You felt your cheeks burning up. "What about you? Miss..." He began, the question lingering unanswered in painful silence. "W-what? Uh.." You stuttered, having absolutely no idea what was going on. "Any questions?" He repeated patiently. "Oh, no.. I don't think so," you responded shyly, lowering your head, but slowly moving your eyes up to look at him, which he responded to with a somewhat awkward expression, nodding his head in response. "Okay, great. So now I'm gonna call roll, and just say 'here' or raise your hand whenever I say your name." The environment of the classroom thankfully increased in volume and he begun going down the line of students on his roster. Once he called your name, you raised your hand instead of saying 'here', attempting to decreasing attention towards yourself, and resumed sketching. 

Mr. Park then rose from his seat and gathered the stack of papers he had emptied from his brief case earlier into the nape of his arm. Starting at the left side of the room, he walked down the row and placed a packet in front of each student. Once again, much whispering could be heard as he moved along, such as "Oh my god, he's cute as ," "How is his skin so perfect?" and "His hair is so nice!" You gulped as he neared your seat, his soft and sweet voice mumbling a "You're welcome" every so often which became even clearer as he inched closer. Finally, he turned and faced you, which you responded to by nervously placing your arm over the left side of your face, covering your red cheeks. He blocked the light from your notepad as he towered over you, and placed a fresh packet down. "Hey, that's pretty good Y/N. You're talented," He complimented with a smile, tidying the remaining packets into a neat stack using your desk, which caused you to peek up at him when he walked away. For some reason he made your heart race, and you didn't like it. How in the heck were you supposed to focus in class now?  

You scanned the packet page by page as Mr. Park read over it with the class, signing your name in the spaces that required a signature. "Everyone I need this packet back by the end of the week, so get your mom, dad, guardian, or whoever to sign it as soon as possible," He spoke, then continue working on his computer. You obediently placed the packet in your binder along with your notebook, then scrolled through your social media apps until the bell rung for second period. You slung your backpack over your shoulder and looked back at Mr. Park before stepping out into the busy halls, and he unexpectedly looked at you with a seriously intense expression before some students came up to his desk and started chatting him up. Your eyes widened as you quickly exited the classroom, practically dying over how handsome he was. It was almost  like being on some sort of high. Suddenly, you realized that you needed your schedule for the next class, so you fished it out of your pocket and walked to the listed room number as you texted Tammy everything down to the tiniest details about Mr. Park and the class itself. "Girl, he seems extra fine!! Get it (;" And you shook your head embarrassingly after reading her  text. 

No, you have to be a good student Y/N and focus on your studies, not fall head over heels with a teacher. You got this, you encouraged yourself while walking through the halls, finally making it to your next class. With a deep breath, you prepared yourself for a very repetitive day, and walked in.