Six

Your name on my skin
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Don’t be stupid,” Minhyuk states, and Kyung thinks that’s the end of that.

But then, Minhyuk looks straight into his eyes, a sardonic smile smile on his lips when he continues, “You’re drunk. Talk to me again when you’re sober.”

Oh. Kyung’s not sure what to make of it, but it doesn’t matter because his eyelids are closing involuntarily, too heavy to be kept open and he drifts off with the feeling of being carried somewhere.

 

 

Kyung wakes up the next morning with a sour taste in his mouth and a pounding headache, but he’s on the couch, and it doesn’t look like he has puked anywhere so that’s a relief. He’s still wearing the same clothes he had on last night, and as he slowly sits up, the hazy memories of last night start coming back to him.

He had kissed Minhyuk. And then tried asking for more, but Minhyuk had... what was Minhyuk’s response? Kyung closes his eyes, trying to remember, but all he gets is a hazy image of Minhyuk standing by the door, and all the thinking is making his head hurt more, so he gives up. He has just washed his face and brushed the taste of death out of his mouth when Minhyuk appears in the living room, looking remarkably rested. Such a contrast to what Kyung currently feels like (no wonder he hardly ever drinks alcohol. This hangover is not fun). Kyung’s wondering how he should ask the guy what had happened last night, but Minhyuk saves him the trouble by speaking first.

“How do you feel? You were quite drunk last night.”

“I have a terrible headache, and I need water. What happened last night when I was drunk?”

“You don’t remember anything?” Minhyuk asks, settling down on the couch. Kyung remains standing, until he remembers he wanted to get water. He’s pouring himself a glass of water from the fridge, when Minhyuk asks again, “So, do you remember what you did last night?”

“Not really,” Kyung answers, wondering if he should reveal that he definitely remembers how he had impulsively kissed his flat mate because he thought Minhyuk looked really good in the moment (not that he doesn’t still).

“Hmm, too bad then,” Minhyuk chuckles, before he gets up. “And here I thought you might actually be serious.”

What does that mean? Kyung abruptly turns to Minhyuk at those words, cursing the movement because now his head is spinning, and he manages to say, “Wha-what did I say? Or what did I do?”

Minhyuk crosses his arms, observing Kyung like he’s looking at a prey, and Kyung feels his heart speed up just a little. (This feels dangerous.)

“Should I just tell you, since you clearly don’t remember?”

Kyung has to repeat the sentence in his head a few times before he understands what Minhyuk says, and a “yes” tumbles off his lips before he realized he had spoken.

 

 

Minhyuk tells him about the sudden kiss, chuckling a bit when he recalls how drunk Kyung at been, and Kyung huffs a little (he’s never going to drink again, ever). Speaking like the recount of the kiss doesn’t even affect him, Minhyuk continues, “Then you said something like ‘Indulge me while I’m drunk and without inhibitions’, and I told you not to be stupid; that you should talk to me again when you’re sober.”

Kyung feels his cheeks heat up, and he knows he must be blushing right now, because the memories are suddenly coming back to him.

(That had been a really stupid thing to do, propositioning Minhyuk, who’s a flat mate, even if he’s handsome. Not to mention, what about Jiho? Or rather, the fact that I have his name on my arm…)

At some point he must have spaced out, because when Kyung lifts his face up again, Minhyuk’s looking at him expectantly, and Kyung doesn’t know what he had said. “I didn’t catch what you said, sorry. Can you repeat?”

“I just asked if you wanted to talk about it – what happened last night, and if you’re serious about wanting to get physical with me and all,” Minhyuk says, gesturing to nothing.

Rolling his eyes at the guy’s choice of words, Kyung mumbles, “For someone who has so many ual partners, you sure are a prude about saying the word aloud, aren’t you?” He thinks Minhyuk hears it, despite his low voice and slurred syllabus, because his eyes widen a bit, before his dimples appear, and Kyung wonders why he’s saying things that are only digging a deeper grave for himself.

(Maybe he’s always been just a bit self-destructive.)

“Yeah, yeah, I don’t like to say the word out loud, but I am asking you if that was what you meant last night, and if you are still interested now that you’re sober. But just to let you know, it’s only going to be a one-time thing, like how I never have the same person over twice on Wednesdays.”

That’s news to Kyung, though maybe it shouldn’t be that surprising since he had sort of suspected since he found out that it was a different person Minhyuk had over on the Wednesday that’d just passed (and who is neither the pink haired girl nor the bright-eyed boy the Wednesday before).

He vaguely wonders if the act would make living in the same house as Minhyuk weird, and briefly considers what would happen when Jaehyo finds out (because Kyung would most likely eventually tell him; he’s kind of like, Kyung’s best friend, now that he’s not with Jiho), but in the end, maybe he really is more self-destructive than he recognizes, because even with all the things that could go wrong, Kyung answers, “Yeah, I want to have with you.”

 

 

They don’t actually start stripping each other right then and there, like Kyung had been half expecting (so he’s a bit more ually frustrated than he’s willing to admit. So sue him). Instea

Please log in to read the full chapter