Ignorance and Revenge

Unraveling Love

 

 


His face, still serious yet handsome as ever. His piercing eyes, that lights up my whole body everytime we gaze astray into our two souls. His dear lips, still smug and clean. He stands there, with his perfect sharp eyes boring into mine, my teary ones. Still six foot tall, somehow dressing smartly with brown trench coat that seemed to match his mysterious aura he's surrounded with. Nothing has changed. Not in one bit. My heart aches for him.

"W-What are you doing here?" I reprimanded softly, before realising that I was speaking in Korean. Just when I was about to repeat it in English--

"Ani- What are you doing here??" Top responded in fluent Korean, making me gasp.

"You speak Korean?" I became flustered, "You said you're Ja-"

"Is she the witness here?" Top diverted his attention to Seungri. Seungri-sshi, still bewildered with what's happening, nods. Chaerin definitely noticed the tension and awkwardness of our relationship, shifting her balance every three seconds. Top snatched the notepad out of Seungri's unconscious left hand, reading the contents of my evidence in it.

"Well," Top mused, "Let's get going then, Miss Park."

And with that, he motions me to follow, leading the way into the neverending hallway.

Seungri scratched his neck, trying to avoid the awkwardness, "Park Bom-sshi, you should go with the detective now."

In confusion, I found my tired legs unconsciously walking towards Top, into a dimly-lit room. He motions me to take a seat, and I do so. He copies my actions after, taking a seat just the opposite of me. Immediately, the rush of memories flowed into me. I bit my lip.

"Park Bom-sshi," It feels so weird having him to say my Korean name, "Twenty five... six o'clock..."

After a solid minute of mumbling, he turns towards me.

"Fill in this form while you answer my questions regarding to the crime," He passed a sheet across the table, "Please, try to remember as much as you can, Park Bom-sshi."

Name. Park Bom.

"What were you doing before you witnessed the crime?"

Age. 25

"I was finding my friend, Chaerin in Myeongdong when I got lost in the park."

"And I assume your friend, Chaerin, is the lady waiting outside?"

I nodded. 

"And what did you happened to see?"

Phone number. 010-xxxx-xxxx

"The murderer was suffocating the victim... and pulled out a small, silver gun."

"Are any of these familiar to you?"

I raised my head up, to see three sets of paper of different guns, laid out before me.

"I-I'm not sure, it was already quite dark then..." I paused- before pointing to the last one, "It looked like this. Mostly silver, and shining. And the handle wasn't too big."

"Well, thank you, Miss Park. Are you able to describe any distinctive features of the murderer?"

My hand paused.

"He had a huge scar," I pointed onto my ring finger, "Just below here. I saw it through the gun's shiny reflection."

"Anything more, miss?"

"Now that I think of it... he was really bulky. Maybe half a foot taller than the victim," I recalled my memories, "His eyes were big- so wide. I couldn't see the rest of his face through his black mask, but I could still hear his unbearable, powerful laugh from where I stood."

"Thank you."

Relationship status. I left it blank, before filling in the rest of the form.

"Thank you, Park Bom-sshi. The police department will contact you if there's any further questions." I slid the form to him, "You're free to go."

I briskly barged out of the room, not able to be with him any longer. Chaerin stood before me, giving me an uplifting smile.

"Let's go, unnie."

Before I could take a step, something warm grasped my wrist,

"Park Bom-sshi!" Top nagged, "You didn't fill the whole form."

"Oh! Sorry, Mr.....?" I trailed off, not wanting to declare his fake name in public.

"Detective Choi Seunghyun."

Choi Seunghyun? Such a masculine name, so perfect in my ears.

"Choi Seunghyun-sshi, I apologize," It felt good, saying his name out loud, "But I don't recall leaving anything blank."

Top-- Seunghyun looked agitated, "To be exact, you left the Relationship Status blank."

"May I ask, why would the police department need to know?" I protested.

"We do need to know who you associate with, for both the safety of your's and their's."

God damn it! I can't just tell him I've been single all along. That would be such a humiliation, a chunk of my pride would be stolen! Yet I'm not married, I don't have legal papers. Just a piece of lie wouldn't hurt, right? 

"Dating." I replied (with Chaerin's eyes widening), "With Lee Dongwook, infact."

His jaw clenching, Seunghyun takes down more of my information.

"Thank you for today, Bom-sshi."

I shot him a cold glare.

"My pleasure."













The whole ride with Chaerin was silent. Neither of us knows what to say or do. I guess We'll find out after we get back to our apartments. The car stopped in the parking lot, and I jumped out of her white Mercedes. She slammed it (quite gently) and proceeded to enter my apartment.

"Yah- Chaerin!"

I sprinted into the apartment, slamming and locking the door in the process. Chaerin stood there, waiting for my explaination in the living room.

"Well?" Chaerin asked, "You seem to know much about Detective Choi."

I groaned.

"Specifically, Mr. Top."

And I grunted with displeasure.

"And I never knew that Unnie and Dongwook-oppa were dating."

God, I wanted the ground to swallow me whole, away from the embarassment and lies. Stupid, stupid Bom! You pabo!

"Aish..." I wailed, "What am I going to say to Dongwook now?"

"Well, you might consider dating opp-"

"Chaerin!"

Chaerin shrugged, "Just a thought, unnie."

 

"Well," I gave her the dirty look, "Keep your thoughts elsewhere, Chaerin."

 

"You were totally crushing on him, Bom!"

 

"Remind me why we're friends?"

 

"Because I always speak the truth." She gives me a cheeky grin.

 

I closed my eyes in desperation.

 

Park Bom-sshi 

 

Why didin't he refer to me as we used to? I loved the way Jenny rolled off his tongue, but yet hated it when it came out during his intimate session with that other barbie. Infact, I hated all of his voice afterwards. It still makes me want to strut back, wrench his necktie and crush his damn lips into my hungry one's. But gone were the days I mourn for him. 

 

And gone were the days I loved him. 

 

I will show him the new me, the sly sedructess he's never seen.

 

"Chaerin, I have a plan."