Witness and Tears

Unraveling Love






The blaring of red and blue filled the whole place, and people bunched up to see what's going on. Those who have seen the situation didn't hesitate to jerk away from the disgusting sighting. Yet nobody dared to move away from the crowd.

I shivered at the memory.

Blood, everywhere.

I started seeing them everywhere, even on the cop's face.

"Miss?" The cop snapped me out of my thoughts, "Miss?"

"A- yes-- yes?" I stammered.

"Are you the witness here?" He demanded.

I remained there, silent.

"Miss, please remain calm-" He observed my face, "Although your expression right now seems to say yes. Come this way, miss."

His rough hand starts to pull me away-

"NO!"

I squealed, flinching away from him. The cop looked at me expectantly, as if he's used to this.

"Miss, please remain calm, nobody's going to hu-"

"I- he's d-dead..." I trailed off, remembering all the bloodstains that landed just before my feet. Just after that, the shades of my Blue Hawaii followed after, along with my phone.

"God damn it, she's not listening," The cop muttered, "Yah, Seungri-yah! Take the damn witness to that late jerk!"

Another police steps in my line of vision, pushing the gruff cop away from me.

"Yah, Joowon-hyung! You can't treat this beautiful witness like that!" The cop, Seungri, defended me, "Plus, that 'late jerk' is my brother."

A cry escaped my throat, and Seungri comes over to envelop me with his long arms.

"Pretty-girl-sshi, please don't cry," He wipes away my tears, "I promise that the murderer is not here anymore."

"I could've s-saved h-him." I mustered, tears blocking my vision.

"Judging from his condition, he was already suffocating with little to no air," He comforted me, "If you were to give us some testimony, you would be helping him. He would've appreciated your actions."

I blinked, so tears could roll off my cheeks. I can already tell that there is more to come.

"Are my words going to help, though?" I asked with my distorted voice, so weak and brittle, about to break.

"Yes, of course! As a witness, you're contributing to almost half of our work!" He looks at me, desperately.

I paused.

"Bring me to the police station, please."















An hour later, and I'm sitting in the police station with the cop, Seungri. Overall, he seems like a bright and cheerful guy. Yet I can still see how tense he is with the situation right now. Fear and darkness is now consuming my mind.

"Coffee, miss?" Seungri offered.

"W-water, please." I whispered. He passed me a cup of warm water, an attempt for me to warm up to him.

"Seeing as the detective here is at the site right now, let's get as much information as we can, okay?" Seungri advised, "Your name and age, please."

"Park Bom. I'm twenty five." I returned.

"Bom, as in the Spring season?" Seungri smiled, a smile that brightens me a little, "Such a lovely name for a lovely lady."

I would normally blush, but his delicate compliments can't take away the horrid nightmares.

"Let's get on with the time, shall we?" He began, and coughs just the slightest, "The time of arrival, and the time of witness, please."

"T-Three," I stammered, "And around six."

"Thank you, Park Bom-sshi." Seungri jotted down the information into his notepad, "Unfortunately, I'm not an expert on this investigation field. My brother, the detective, isn't going to be here for two or three hours. Should I send you home first?"

"Ah! Aniya- it's okay, Seungri-sshi. I'll just wait here, I don't want to be such a hassle." I claimed, my hands dismissing his request.

"Are you sure, Bom-sshi? I'll go get some snacks for you then." And with that, Seungri stepped outside to the freezing weather of Autumn.

A bright flash escapes my phone.

Chaerin

Without any hestitation, I picked it up.

"Unnie!" Chaerin exclaimed. Just before she could say anything, my cry interrupts her.

"C-Chaerin..." 

"Omo- unnie, where are you??" Chaerin frantically utters, "What happened?"

"I'm at the police station..." I bursted into tears, "Ppalli..."

"Don't move an inch, unnie. I'll be right there."

After an an hour later, Chaerin drops into the police station.

"Unnie!"

She bursted into tears at my appearance, and securely hugs me.

"Bom unnie... I'm so sorry..."

We both remained silent, with my cries hollowing throughout the hallway.








After filling in on what happened, I gazed into Chaerin's eyes.

"Mianhae, I have to stay for an hour..." I apologized.

"Gwaenchanhayo, unnie!" Chaerin smiled, before giving me a cheeky grin, "I should be the one saying sorry! I'm three hours late, right?"

I surpressed my sighs.

"It's alright ladies," Seungri's voice answers behind me, "The detective's here. Plus, your snacks are here!"

Our heads tilted towards Seungri, holding a large plastic bag filled with goods.

"Thank you, Seungri-sshi," He passed me some bread, "How can I ever repay you?"

"With a kiss?" He cheekily smiled.

Chaerin fumes, "Nobody's allowed to touch Bom-unnie!"

"Yah! You're not her mother!" Seungri retorted.

"Damn right I am!" Chaerin tilted her head up, "I'm going to protect her from every man in sight!"

"Chaerin-ah," I sighed, "There's no need to build such a fuss here."

"Especially you, Lee Seungri!" She points towards him.

I narrowed my eyes towards Chaerin, "You know him?"

"We go much more beyond acquaintances, Bom-sshi." Seungri smirked.

I squinted my eyes at Chaerin, knowing that I'm going to force her to explain every drip of detail.

"What's this racket about?"

For a second, my amusing smile faltered. 

Such a familiar, deep voice.

"Seungri-yah. Are you causing trouble again?" That deep, baritone voice leads again.

The voice. The heavy voice that gives me loving chills across my skin in every dream. Yet spoken in such a different language.

I'm just imagining. But somehow, my face is still filled with anxiety.

Chaerin glanced at my expression, confused.

"Ah! Seunghyun-hyung!" Seungri chirped, his face brightening, "Here's your witness for the case."

I bit my lip. Turning around, welcoming the unwelcomed sight.

Once again, my phone falls to the floor.

"Top?"

"Jenny?"