Prologue

Remember me

Was she bad? That is the same as if asking whether or not Hitler was bad. She was bad, very bad. 
She did everything society warned her not to do. Drinking, smoking and adultery had been normalized from an early age on, and even drugs weren't excluded once in a while. She had cut her hair, had dyed it in the past few years in so many colours that she had lost count. Her wardrobe consisted of darkness only. She made the heads turn of everyone in the street, whether she minded the annoyed elderly, disgusted straight white couples, jealous boys or the admiring school girls who actually wanted to do the same but didn't have the guts for it, was never clear, because she had always the same smug smile on her face, like she had just defeated Donald Trump in the elections and had moved into the White House. She smiled and walked around as if she ruled the world, with her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket and a sigaret between her lips. Sometimes she'd strike with her hand through her hair, adjusted her piercings or took off her jacket so her sleeve of tattoos became visible on her very toned biceps, and you could hear girls all over the country faint. 
She had hordes and hordes of guys and girls walking after her, some considered friends, others merely groupies. Fans, as so to say, but she didn't have any skill that she could show off besides smiling. She was quiet, but she had to be, because when she talked in that raspy, hoarse voice of hers, you'd be doomed to get , no matter your gender. 

As it goes with all the bad girls like Amber, they always have a girlfriend hanging around them. Though, never someone prettier, never someone darker, never someone handsomer than them. In that case, they can do whatever they want, despite being in a relationship. When they would cheat on their girlfriends, people would chime "Logically, did you ever think a girl like her would ever fall in love with someone like you?" or "It was for the best that she cheated, you shouldn't love a destructive person like that."

Krystal knew all of this because even she — yes, the quiet straight-A-student which had been accepted into Harvard only a couple of months ago, coming from one of the elite families of America — had once been mesmerized by Amber Josephine Liu.

———————————————————————————————————————

Was she good? It was the same as if asking whether or not Nelson Mandela was good. Everything about her screamed good.
From the perfectly ironed white blouses she wore until her price she got for always being on time back when she was still a high school student. She was alwyas the first in her class when it came to grades, and occasionally the first in her year when she felt like it. Studying was something that was easy for her, something she had been doing her whole life. And with riends running around her whom were either more interested in her money or beauty than her personality, she was never alonet oo, although the fact that she was naturally a quiet person. She didn't mind them though, the larger her group was, the better she was protected. Another tip she had gotten from her miljonair of a daaddy; keep the people who will be succesful later in life close, those are the people that matter.
With silky brown hair running over her shoulders and a pretty face, she was able to get everything done in combination with her intelligence.A soft face, pink lips, somewhat large forehead that no one actually seemed to mind except for her. Tall, with the curves in the right places where a normal man would swoon for, and quite a few girls too. 
Everything about her was white too, it vibrated perfection. Her blouses, skirts, heels, accessoiries, house, car, devices, cat. Everything was white. At night, she went back to her large apartment - paid for by her parents - and took her white shoes off in a white hall, then walked over a white floor to the white kitchen (with an except option that she had a black marble kitchen dresser) and ate her food off a white plate with her silver knife and fork. Everything was perfect. And when there was only a tiny spot of anything imperfect in her apartment, or in her life, it was cleaned up immediately, becaues she was the kind of girl that had a maid running around the house to serve her. She probably only drank alcohol on the fancy dinner parties she went to, went to the gym regularly, and lived healthily. A sigaret was filthy, something for people with no self control. Let alone drugs, don't get her started about that. 

As it goes with all the good girls like Krystal, they always have a girlfriend hanging around them. Though, never someone prettier, never someone lovelier, never someone smarter than them. In that case, they can do whatever they want, despite being in a relationship. When they would cheat on their girlfriends, people would chime 'logically, did you ever think she was really in love with you?' or 'it was for the best that she cheated, you shouldn't love a person who only thinks about their grades.'

Amber knew all of this because even she — yes, the bad androgynous girl with a , drugs and rock-'n-roll attitude whom everybody seemed to fear and admire at the same time — had once been mesmerized by Krystal Jung.