The Plan

Yongguk Doesn't Like Pranks

The two men strolled in to the next room where another camera crew was waiting for them.

"I know everyone was joking before but does this mission really involve food?" Daehyun asked with wide eyes. "Are you going to give us more money to buy something?"

His face fell when staff gave him a flat out "No", and told him to sit down next to Himchan.

"Tonight, hyung will treat you to a nice meal," Himchan promised the younger.

"What about your diet?" Daehyun challenged him, cheekily.

Himchan thought for a moment.

"I will watch you eat and quench my hunger in spirit," he said, making everyone chortle.

The PD manager finally addressed them.

"Please listen. B.A.P, in your Skydive MV, you all appear to be quite emotional because of the dark story that makes the viewers cry too."

"Yes, we are Hollywood actors!" Chirped Daehyun.

"Of course!" Himchan hi-fived him. They were both proud of their last movie-style production.

The manager continued.

"We think the public are interested to see how easily the tough warriors of B.A.P can cry in real life. So we want you to take part in your first Hidden Camera prank on the other members and warm everyone's hearts by making them cry."

Daehyun and Himchan gasped.

"Seriously?"

"Is that why we are here?"

"Why us?"

"What did you tell them?"

The PD manager shushed them with a finger to his lips.

"They will think we are asking you to talk about their bad qualities and secrets. They don't know what you are really doing."

Daehyun and Himchan giggled.

"They are probably fretting out there," said Himchan.

"Especially Youngjae," Daehyun said with mischief. He did not plan to say anything embarrassing but he would let Youngjae think otherwise. Daehyun loved the idea of making him worry.

"When we go back, we can just let them think we have told the cameras something really bad."

Himchan agreed and squeezed Daehyun's hand triumphantly.

"So what's the joke?" Himchan asked the staff.

The PD manager made another shushing gesture to keep their voices down. The two men on the floor dragged themselves closer to the camera crew as he whispered the plan to them.

"Daehyun is going to announce that he is leaving B.A.P."

The members gasped again.

"I'm leaving?"

"Why is Daehyun leaving?"

The stylists at the back chuckled at these two idiots reacting to the news as though it were real.

"Daehyun is leaving," the manager began, "because he has realised that his aspirations lie outside of B.A.P. He wants to grow as an artist and has realised after a lot of thought that, although he is grateful for B.A.P bringing him this far, he must continue his journey alone to reach his goals."

He finished the spiel written on his script paper and looked up to see the two singers with mouths open and eyebrows high toward the ceiling.

"That's not true!" Daehyun exclaimed, forgetting to keep his voice down.

"Of course it's not true..." The manager began with frustration. 

"Do you really feel that way?" Himchan said to a shocked Daehyun while the PD manager pinched his nose in annoyance. The crew in front of him, however, were thoroughly entertained and made sure to keep the cameras rolling.

"Of course not! I will never leave! The others would not believe something like that."

The PD manager took a deep breath and spoke as calmly as he could.

"I know you don't want to leave, this is just a hidden camera prank." He enunciated his words as if speaking to children.

"Yes, yes, I understand," Daehyun appeased him. "But I still don't think they would fall for that."

The PD manager heaved a sigh and resumed looking over his notes. "Then your acting skills will have to be perfect," he said, without looking up.

"Ah, seriously." Daehyun knew he had quite a task ahead of him.

Himchan leaned back with his palms on the floor.

"Why is only Daehyun leaving? Why aren't I leaving?"

Daehyun looked at him in surprise. "Do you want to leave, hyung?"

Himchan rolled his eyes. "No. But if they want to make everyone cry, then we should say that I am leaving as well."

He glanced at the PD manager for approval.

"No," the manager said flatly. "Only Daehyun is leaving."

Himchan scoffed derisively while Daehyun laughed.

"Maybe they think I am more important to B.A.P."

"So what do I do?" Himchan tossed his hands in the air. "Just sit there and look shocked?"

Daehyun sniggered. "Yes. When I say that I am leaving, just say 'WHAT?' Really loudly like that. 'WHAT?'

"WHAT?!" Himchan imitated him.

"Not so loud, hyung."

"But I'm excited."

"You should argue with me when I confess. Tell me that I am being selfish for leaving, something like that."

Daehyun seemed to forget all his previous concerns and eagerly began brainstorming ideas for the prank with Himchan.

"Ooh! I should hit you!" Himchan suggested happily.

Daehyun glared at him.

"Is that a wish of yours? To hit me?"

"Ah," Himchan smiled guiltily and waved his hands in protest. "No, no, no..."

"You want to hit me, don't you, hyung?" Daehyun couldn't help but laugh.

"No, but I think it will have more impact."

"I think it is too much," Daehyun cleared the phlegm from his throat. "They might suspect something."

"Then I will just push you."

"Push me?"

"Yeah, like..."

He shoved his palm into Daehyun's shoulder with all the strength of a toddler, making the younger man laugh out loud. It was ridiculous.

"We truly are amazing actors, hyung."

They cheered and waved their hands in the air for the cameras like two frat boys at a house party. It was the first time B.A.P would be conducting a Hidden Camera prank, a rite of passage for every K-pop group, and they were looking forward to it a great deal.

They spent the next twenty minutes listening to the staff explain the timing of the joke. It would have to be done the next day when no one would suspect anything. And it would have to last for at least an hour. Emotions take a lot of time to build up.

"Why not just do it tonight and finish it off?" Asked Himchan.

The staff explained that the members were already suspicious of their current meeting. They would have to wait till tomorrow.

"Ah yes," Daehyun agreed. "Better to do it tomorrow when everyone is in a false sense of security."

"They are going to be so upset," said Himchan, rubbing the back of his neck. "And then when we reveal it, they are going to be so mad."

"I know. They will be mad at first but then they will laugh. Honestly, I will be surprised if they believe me. It will be awesome."

"Who do you think will cry?"

"Ehh...?"

Daehyun looked up at the ceiling in thought.

"Youngjae... " he thought of his best friend who he loved dearly. "Youngjae will definitely cry."

Himchan chuckled at the thought. "And Zelo will cry too."

"Poor maknae."

"Would Jongup cry?"

Daehyun furrowed his brow at Himchan's question.

"He would be upset, I think," Daehyun said slowly. "But he wouldn't cry."

"And Yongguk?"

"Eh?"

They both said nothing at the thought of their leader. He was the most difficult to read and the most difficult to predict. More importantly, it had only been six months since he had rejoined the group after his hiatus. He was still in a sensitive state.

"I think he would be disappointed in my leaving." Daehyun finally said. "But he would say something like 'If that is what you want, then I will support you.' Something like that. Our diplomatic leader."

Himchan shook his head.

"Nope. I think he would beg you to stay. He would speak calmly but he would not let you go."

"And when we reveal the prank?" Daehyun asked, slightly anxious.

"Yeh?"

"How would he react?"

"Yongguk, you mean? Ahh..."

The members fell silent once again. Yongguk could be scary when he was angry, without yelling or doing anything aggressive. Just his dark glare was enough to cut you in half.

"He will be angry, won't he?" Daehyun's eyes widened. He hoped that Himchan would disagree with him but he only nodded.

"I think he won't speak to us for a while afterwards," Himchan giggled nervously.

Daehyun looked down at the floor, suddenly unsure of his feelings toward the prank. But it didn't take long for him to shake away the worry.

"Ahhh, we will do it anyway."

He cackled and grasped Himchan's hand firmly. It was about to go down.