Hyung Is Amazing

Yongguk Doesn't Like Pranks

"Shouldn't we just leave him alone?" Jongup whispered nervously to Daehyun. "You know he hates the cameras."

He jumped in surprise when two cameramen suddenly appeared beside him. A total of seven persons were now packed like sardines in the hallway.

"Sorry," Jongup quickly apologised.

"Ah I feel bad, now," said Himchan, rubbing his tired eyes. "I didn't mean to make him so upset."

"Seriously?" Youngjae remarked. "You two made us think that our lead singer and the face of B.A.P was leaving for good, and then you laughed about it. How else could he react?"

Daehyun frowned. He had never thought of himself as the 'face' of B.A.P. He looked over at Himchan who nervously tugged on his hair.

"It wasn't my idea..." Himchan argued miserably.

No longer able to stand the tension, Daehyun faced the door to Yongguk's room and raised his fist. He let it hang there, debating whether or not he should knock.

"Ugh, seriously," Zelo grunted, growing impatient. He slid in front of Daehyun and rapped his knuckles on the wood.

"Ya!" Daehyun panicked. "Idiot, couldn't you have waited a moment?"

Zelo ignored him and leaned his head against the door. "Hyung, are you alright?"

Himchan joined him. "Yongguk-ah, I'm sorry for upsetting you. Please come out."

There was no answer.

Daehyun ran his fingers through his hair and felt his heart pound inside his chest. He could handle people yelling at him but he could never get used to the 'silent treatment'. 

On the other side of the door, Yongguk could hear every word that the others said. He felt sorry for making them worry but he was not yet ready to show his face. His breathing remained erratic and his hands showed a slight tremor. His heart pounded relentlessly against the thin aching bones of his chest. He shook the hair out of his eyes and massaged his face, contemplating what to say.

"Yongguk-hyung."

It was Daehyun at the door this time.

"I'm really sorry, hyung, please don't be angry."

His nervous laughter elicited a faint smile from Yongguk. The man drew in a breath and tried to project his voice as steadily as possible.

"I'm okay," he reassured, straining his vocal cords. "I'm just tired. Don't worry."

In the hallway, Daehyun felt a wave of unease wash over him. Just tired? He had heard that lie before from his own lips. 

"He sounds like he is gargling nails," Zelo whispered with concern to Jongup who just stared at the door, chewing on his bottom lip.

"Mm, he doesn't sound good," Youngjae agreed.

It was the first time Yongguk's condition had been triggered before them. Though they had been informed of his disorder during SKYDIVE promotions, they had never seen or heard him experiencing any anxiety. Frankly, they assumed he had been fully cured during his time away from the group.

"Hyung, can we come in?" Daehyun asked.

There was silence again.

"Hyung?"

Daehyun began to turn the doorknob.

"Slowly, slowly," Himchan warned. If Yongguk did not want them to come in, he would have the chance to push the door closed.

As the door edged open and a small part of the room came in to view, Daehyun braced for an opposing force, but it didn't come. Concluding that Yongguk was not going to stop him, Daehyun let the door open all of the way.

"Yongguk-ah?" Himchan tried to look over Daehyun's shoulder.

When he saw Yongguk's form hunched over the edge of the bed, he froze. The man's shoulders rose and fell with deep wheezing breaths that made the members want to cry.

Yongguk did not have the will to wave his dongsaengs away so he let them shuffle in. He could sense by their cautious steps that they were scared to approach him, scared to upset him, scared of him... and it bruised his ego even more.

"Sorry," said Yongguk. "I'm fine."

Himchan boldly stepped out from behind Daehyun, who was now rooted to the spot, and took a seat on the bed beside Yongguk, gingerly rubbing circles on his back.

The members finally poured in to form a protective cluster around their hyung. They did not care to make space for the cameramen behind them who hopelessly stood on their toes to see. They parted only for B.A.P's group manager who leaned over Yongguk to feel his forehead.

"I'll call the consultant," the group manager said softly.

"No, no," Yongguk pleaded but the man refused to listen.

"I just want to call him so he knows how you are."

The members parted to make way for their manager as he left the room to call Yongguk's doctor. They hastily reformed the cluster before the camera crew could edge any closer.

Zelo folded his legs beneath himself and came to rest his head against Yongguk's thigh. Yongguk bowed his head further to conceal his face, already shadowed by his hood.

"It's okay," Himchan tried to console him. "It's okay, Bbang! It's all over, it was a prank."

Daehyun nibbled his bottom lip. He wanted to say sorry but every time he tried to open his mouth, anxiety and guilt snapped it shut.

Just when Daehyun finally found his voice, Yongguk spoke.

"Mm-hmm, I know."

He had intended to put the members at ease but the wheezing in his throat made him sound frightening.

"Aish. But what was the point of all that?" Yongguk whined into his hands. "For comedy..."

Daehyun's eyes darted to the PD manager and staff assistant who had curiously poked their heads in at the door. Daehyun was sure that the question was directed as much to them as it was to Himchan and himself but the staff did not answer. Daehyun shook his head, feeling a strong surge of resentment for being thrown under the bus. Himchan paused his ministrations on Yongguk's back and glanced up at Daehyun who was almost cowering against the wall.

Sensing the atmosphere he had created, Yongguk hastily tried to diffuse the tension. 

"I know it's just a joke," he muttered, forcing a smile. "I'm sorry. It's just... I am..." Yongguk looked up, searching for the words on the ceiling. "But why- I mean, how could you...? Aish."

He broke off and leaned forward to massage his eyes some more. Himchan could say nothing as Yongguk struggled to control the wheezing noise in his throat.

"Hyung, forgive me," Daehyun stepped away from the wall and squatted next to Zelo. "I did not mean to make you upset."

Yongguk nodded with a small smile. "I know, I know..."

"And remember it wasn't my idea!" Daehyun suddenly exclaimed with a newfound resolve. "It was theirs! They wanted to see B.A.P cry!"

He pointed crudely at the staff who took a guilty step back while the PD manager casually shielded his face with his script. 

Yongguk let out a throaty chuckle as Daehyun sang like a canary and it made Himchan smile.

"I know, Daehyun-ah, I know."

Yongguk nervously pressed his palms together and Himchan resumed firmly rubbing his back.

"I don't understand, hyung?" Youngjae stepped forward. "I thought your disorder was cured?"

Yongguk shook his head. "Treated," he said. "It is not curable."

He felt his heart beat slower and slower and the breath he couldn't catch began to return to his lungs. The constant pressure Himchan applied to his back comforted him and he felt the anxiety slip away.

But depression quickly took its place and Yongguk was suddenly very aware that he had suffered an episode in front of his five dongsaengs and the camera crew.

"Aish, I am embarrassed." Yongguk said to the ground, avoiding the gaze of Daehyun's large round orbs in front of him.

His body betrayed him further when tears crudely spilled from his slender eyes and began to stream shamelessly down his face.

"Yongguk-ah!" Himchan cried in shock.

Horrified at himself, Yongguk threw his body forward over his knees to shield his leaking face. He could hear the sympathetic cries of his bandmates around him, their desperate hands nugding at him and tugging on his clothes, but he refused to look up. He could not look at them when he was like this. Zelo pulled himself up off the floor to sit on the bed beside him and joined Himchan in rubbing his lower back.

Daehyun grasped the leader's shoulders with his large hands and shook vigorously. He hoped to snap the man out of his slump but the force of his shakes only caused more teardrops to fall to the floor, as if he were wringing a haggard wet towel.

"Hyung, why are you like this? Don't cry!"

Daehyun could feel himself welling up. It was not the first time he had seen Yongguk cry but it was the first time he had been the cause of it.

"No, no, no, I'm fine!" Yongguk finally looked up and smiled through tears, trying to push Daehyun's hands away. "Honestly, I'm okay, sorry."  

"Ehh, I'd rather you shouted at me," Daehyun whined, letting his hands fall to his lap.

Feeling a great swell of pity, Youngjae came to sit on the floor next to his friend in solidarity. He patted the bare space of floor behind him, signalling for poor lost Jongup to sit down as well.

"Yongguk-hyung, we are here, don't be sad," Youngjae said with his calming lullaby voice.

"It's all our fault," Himchan said hopelessly.

"You know they didn't mean it, right?" Youngjae added. "They were only joking."

"I know," Yongguk said for what felt like the thousandth time. "I know, I'm being silly. It was just a joke..."

"Then something else is bothering you," Youngjae said firmly. The members' heads snapped up at Youngjae and then whizzed around to see Yongguk's response.

Yongguk let his fake smile dissipate. Defeated, he allowed the tears to fall freely.

"I just wonder if..." he started hesitantly, "there is... some truth in it?"

Daehyun felt a weight drop from his throat to his stomach.

"What?"

"Ehh?" Youngjae grunted with aversion. "What do you mean?"

Yongguk drew in a breath through a painful smile.

"Like... I don't know. Am I really scary to work with? Do I control too much...?"

The members shook their heads.

"I didn't mean it so bad like that," said Zelo. "That was so long ago when I said that."

"Besides, you are a producer, you have a lot of work to do for us," said Himchan.

"Yeah, Yongguk-hyung is scary but it's okay because we love you," said Jongup.

The members slowly turned their heads and glared at the lead dancer, whose vacant expression didn't waiver even when Youngjae slapped him on the arm. But his words made Yongguk giggle and the sound was a source of relief for the other members who thought that perhaps there was method to Jongup's madness.

"Come on, Yongguk-ah!" Himchan playfully squeezed the back of Yongguk's neck, thick as a tree and firm with tension. "You're thinking of useless things! Daehyun loves you, you know that! We all do!"

The members voiced their agreement.

"We do."

"Of course."

"We are B.A.P."

"You are our leader."

Yongguk smiled warmly, amused by the group's corny antics.

"Yeah, yeah, I know..."

He tried to brush them off before they started holding hands and throwing flowers at each other in a circle.

Too late, he thought, when Daehyun rose to his knees in proposal stance and sweetly held Yongguk's fingers in his own. Jongup raised an eyebrow while Zelo looked away and coughed over his shoulder.

"Hyung..." Daehyun began with a giggle, trying to ignore Youngjae's snickering "eww" beside him.

"What are you doing?" Yongguk muttered.

Daehyun giggled hard with embarrassment and it made Yongguk laugh nervously too.

"Hyung. Whatever we disagree on, we always work through it, right? If I am unhappy with something, I will tell you. But right now, B.A.P is my life. You know how much B.A.P means to me. I have our name etched in my skin."

Yongguk hitched a breath. He had completely forgotten about that.

"Yeah, I still think you got that tattoo in the worst place ever..." Youngjae started.

"And," Daehyun cut him off, "you know how highly I think of you, Yongguk-hyung. But you blamed yourself before I even said anything. I have many issues with being a singer and you are not one of them. You are one of the reasons I enjoy being a singer. You lead us so well, I envy your strength. I could not bare the responsibility you have. Hyung is truly amazing..."

Yongguk felt his palms grow sweaty, restless as his dongsaeng heaped praises on him of which he felt undeserving.

"...plus, I happen to know how to act well." Daehyun added. "So, you shouldn't have believed..."

He was interrupted by the sound of Youngjae pretending to throw up. The room filled with the members' disapproving groans and Yongguk chuckled heartily. Zelo's face brightened at the sound of those warm fatherly hiccups.

"I am a better actor than you," Himchan whispered.

"SO," Daehyun continued, "you should not have believed everything I said so easily. All of you."

He looked up at Zelo on the bed and turned to eye Youngjae and Jongup behind him.

"All of you should have known better."

The youngest members bowed their heads in shame.

"But I'm really sorry I misled you. I wish I hadn't."

Daehyun finished with a nod but he did not let go of Yongguk's hands.

"Me too," added Himchan, massaging Yongguk's bony shoulder. "Forgive us, please."

There was silence followed by a harmonious hum from the members that implied all was forgiven. Only Yongguk remained quiet.

"The acting was truly incredible," Zelo said in awe. "Himchan-hyung was too good."

"I know," Himchan shamelessly agreed.

Yongguk shook his head with a smile. He finally looked Daehyun in the eye and squeezed the warm hands that held his. He was not one to hold hands with anyone but he would let it slide for today.

"Yeah, I understand, Daehyun-ah. Your false confession just seemed so sincere that I completely forgot you are B.A.P's biggest fan."

The members chuckled around him like delighted children at storytime.

"But it spoke to..." Yongguk's voice darkened, "...insecurities that I have had for a while. I am always sad that... this won't last forever."

Yongguk felt another lump rising in his throat and a fresh tear spilled from the corner of his eye. He shook his head in frustration and tried to block out the sound of the members' shouts. He was like a leaking vessel of emotions and he could do nothing to stop the flood.

"It's okay hyung!" Youngjae sat up to put a hand on his arm. "Forever is a long time. But we made a promise that when we are old men, we will be playing chess together as B.A.P, remember?"

Youngjae laughed out loud at himself and gestured frantically at the others, encouraging them to laugh as well. But such a task proved too strenous for the group when their strong leader was falling apart. Youngjae eventually gave up and succumbed to his own grief.

"Aish, I can't stand this," he sobbed, wiping his own tears away with his sleeve.

"Oh, not you too!" Himchan scolded and kicked him in the knee.

Daehyun looked away from the tearful Youngjae, deciding to deal with him later, and returned to focus on Yongguk. His head was bowed again and tears fell from closed eyes like a silent waterfall.

"Hyung, please, don't be like that. We all have insecurities. But don't let them get to you!"

"Can we get a tissue for Yongguk, please?" Himchan called to the PD manager at the door who nodded and sent his assistant away with a wave of his hand.

"And one for me," Youngjae added.

"Here," said Zelo. He ripped off the black bandana wrapped fashionably around his wrist and opened it for his hyung. Yongguk gladly took it from him with a half-hearted laugh and dabbed at his eyes and cheeks.

"I'm sorry," he repeated. "I guess I don't like pranks like these. I'm sorry, your hyung is a baby. I thought my sense of humour was better than this."

"Don't worry about it," Himchan said, pulling the hood off Yongguk's head so he could finally see his face. "We did a bad thing."

"Yeah, this was a new low for them," said Youngjae.

"Don't beat yourself up, hyung," said Daehyun. "We shouldn't have done it, not for so long at least."

Yongguk smiled. "Hmm... So I should punish both of you then?"

The members laughed though they weren't totally convinced he was joking.

"And let's not forget that it was all PD-nim's idea," Daehyun added.

"I haven't forgotten," Yongguk said moodily, lifting his dark eyes to meet the gaze of the PD manager who suddenly felt very tense and proceeded to loosen the collar around his neck.

The female staff member returned with the group's manager carrying a box of tissues in his hand. He handed them to Yongguk who took a few before handing the box to Youngjae.

Yongguk kept his face buried in the soft material, still ashamed and upset by his public outburst. He felt a chill near his face and lifted his head in surprise to see Jongup holding out a glass of ice water for him. He hadn't even seen Jongup leave the room and was surprised by the thoughtfulness of his dongsaeng. His very first dongsaeng, he thought fondly. He took the glass from Jongup's hands with a shy smile, forgetting how to say thankyou, and gulped the cold liquid down. Yongguk hadn't realised how much he had needed that refreshment till it soothed his very parched throat. 

"Wah, thoughtful Jongup," Himchan remarked. Zelo looked on with envy and kicked himself for not thinking of it first.

"Yah, Jongup-ah, where's mine?" Youngjae asked.

Jongup waited for Yongguk to finish and took the glass back from him with a dorky grin that said 'you're welcome'

"You can have the rest of Yongguk-hyung's," Jongup said and offered Youngjae the half-finished glass.

"Ehh, leftovers," Youngjae muttered. He accepted it anyway and finished off the remnants. "Wait."

He laid down the empty glass on the floor.

"Daehyun, you have insecurities?"

"Huh?"

Daehyun frowned and thought back to what he had said to Yongguk.

"Ah, well, you know," he said. "Just the basic thoughts we all have when we are upset. Like every time my voice is not in good condition..."

He noticed Yongguk eyeing him intently.

"...I feel disappointed in myself and I feel like I have let the team down."

"Ah," Youngjae nodded in understanding. "I know the feeling."

"But then I think that I just have to work harder and put more effort into making the next performance better!" Daehyun finished cheerfully. He preferred not to mention the other insecurities he had like how the members found his talkativeness annoying or that he might never get married. Or how Youngjae did not consider him a best friend.

"And me," Himchan added. "Every time I put on weight, I feel bad that I am affecting B.A.P's image."

Yongguk shifted uncomfortably, wondering how much he had contributed to that thought.

"Mm, yes, that's true," Jongup nodded, laughing with glee when Himchan reached over and slapped his arm.

"Don't agree with me!"

Jongup rolled over and produced another high-pitched laugh.

"Anyway," Himchan went on, "so I work hard to look better by dieting and going to the gym."

"You know, the fans don't like hearing about how much you diet," said Youngjae.

Himchan shrugged his shoulders. "So I shouldn't diet then?"

Daehyun shrugged his shoulders as well. "Well, on the other hand, no one wants you to gain weight..."

"Ehh!" Himchan grunted. "Fat or thin, the fans are never happy. Oh!"

He clasped a hand over his mouth, surprised by his own bluntness. He could get into serious trouble with his beloved fans if that went to air.

"PD-nim, please edit that out," he pleaded.

"Woah, hyung is in trouble," said Zelo with a laugh.

The youngest member eagerly nuzzled his leader's shoulder, hoping to see him in higher spirits, but was disheartened when he saw that the man was only half-smiling. His tears had dried but his eyes were still bloodshot and his skin a sallow grey.

Sensing Zelo's concern, Daehyun stood up and nudged him over to make room on the bed beside Yongguk and squeezed himself inbetween the two.

"See hyung?"  He bravely put an arm around his distant hyung's neck, ignoring the awkwardness between them. Yongguk laughed nervously at the warm embrace of his dongsaeng.

"We all think things like this, but they are not something to brood over."

Yongguk nodded, though he was clearly unappeased.

"I don't understand why you are taking it so badly?" Daehyun pressed. "Even if I did leave, the other members could fill in the gap easily. All of B.A.P has strong vocals."

Yongguk frowned at him. 

"Daehyunnie is irreplaceable."

The members blinked in surprise at Yongguk and Youngjae who had unwittingly uttered the words in unison. They gawked at each other for a brief moment, entertaining the idea that their brilliant minds were in fact connected by some telepathic force rather than their obvious shared love for Daehyun. Charmed by the squishy childlike face staring up at him, Yongguk tilted his head endearingly and smiled at Youngjae whose round doe eyes disappeared into cheerful crescent moons.

Humbled by their flattery, Daehyun smiled and shook his head.

"Ah, seriously," he muttered.

Yongguk's smile melted and he turned away from Youngjae to face Daehyun.

"Do you really think B.A.P could carry on so easily without you?"

Before Daehyun could even think to answer, Yongguk threw another question in his face.

"More importantly, do you think I am only concerned about losing your vocals?"

Daehyun was afraid to say anything. He never feared physical violence from Yongguk but the man had that kind of stare that could cut you in half.

"You could lose your voice tomorrow and you would still be my dongsaeng." 

Daehyun turned red and bit his lip, unsure how to express his gratitude to such high praise.

"Aigoo!" Himchan cooed, hugging his knees and rolling back over the mattress like a pill bug.

"I don't want to let any of you go!" Yongguk added theatrically, with arms wide open. 

The members guffawed and cheered at their leader's aegyo, relieved to see the return of his goofy self. 

Daehyun clapped Yongguk on the back in the manliest way possible, hoping to shake himself out of the sentimental hole he was falling into. It should have occurred to him that Yongguk was not only afraid of losing his band, but above all, his brothers. 

"B.A.P is like family now," said Zelo. "You said it yourself."

Yongguk silently held out his hand and Daehyun clasped it firmly, holding it there for a while.

"Please," Yongguk said earnestly. "Please, don't do that again."

His eyes looked so tired that Daehyun thought his heart might break.

Argh!" Daehyun exclaimed. "I won't, I won't."

He pulled Yongguk in for an ungraceful hug and nuzzled his shoulder. Yongguk laughed out loud, covering his face in embarrassment.

"Aish, Daehyun-ah, you are so embarrassing!" Youngjae yelled.

Jongup mimicked Himchan's pill bug roll on the floor and hid his own face from the painful scene before him.

In contrast, Zelo decided to join in the loving embrace and wrapped his long arms around Daehyun and Yongguk. 

"My brothers are so cute!" Himchan squealed like a child and laid his head against Yongguk's free shoulder.

"And you too," Yongguk warned Himchan, not forgetting his involvement in the scheme. "Please, don't do that again."

"Yes, Yongguk-ah," Himchan cooed sweetly, making Yongguk grimace.

"I love Yongguk-hyung!" Daehyun sang.

Yongguk tried to scoff but instead he found himself giggling uncontrollably. 

Daehyun opened his eyes to see Youngjae and Jongup sitting on the floor beaming at him. He felt happy at times like these when B.A.P was altogether, doing nothing but enjoying each other's company.

"I know," Yongguk mumbled into his hands.

That deep fatherly voice triggered something in Daehyun's heart that made him forget every unwritten social protocol that existed between himself and the members. He forgot about his image, about his age and his rank and even forgot that he was on TV.

Unable to stop himself, he pulled Yongguk in close and placed a warm chaste kiss to his temple, letting his lips leave the soft skin with a smack.

"Woah!" Yongguk exclaimed, recoiling instinctively. "What the...?"

He placed a hand over that spot on his face that now felt numb and tingly.

Even the cameramen almost dropped their equipment in surprise.

Daehyun's senses returned in a crash and his eyes shot wide open as if waking from a horrible dream. He pulled back painfully slowly and withdrew his arm from around Yongguk's neck, avoiding the man's confused glare. He didn't need to look around the room to know that everyone's jaws were on the floor.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Youngjae screamed in English.

Daehyun clasped his hands over his face and yelled in dismay. He threw his body backwards on to the mattress and hid himself behind Yongguk and Himchan. 

"Yah!" Himchan slapped a hand on Daehyun's behind as the other members jeered at him. "Is there another secret you want to tell us, you punk?"

Jongup and Youngjae laughed so hysterically that they fell flat on the floor in an unglamorous heap, Youngjae beating the ground excitedly with his palm.

Zelo reached for a pillow and pressed his face into it, inhaling deeply as if having a panic attack of his own.

"Oh my God, hyung, what happened?" The maknae cried through the cotton, almost choking from the relentless muffled laughs escaping his throat.

"Should we leave you two alone?" Himchan joked. "How come you never kiss me like that? Daehyun-ah! What changed?!"

"Argh," Daehyun mumbled, not daring to lift his head from the mattress. "I'm sorry!"

His shock only made the members laugh even more, including Yongguk who was equally abashed and charmed. He put his hood back up and held his hands over his face once again, mostly from second-hand embarrassment this time. He felt bad to laugh at Daehyun but he could not help giggling with relief knowing that he was no longer the biggest weirdo in the room.

He reached behind himself and pulled on Daehyun's arm to sit him upright. He wrapped his own arm around his dongsaeng and squeezed his shoulders affectionately.

Daehyun stared in to the space ahead of him, so distressed that he could not bring himself to look Yongguk in the eye.

"Daehyun-ah," Yongguk said kindly. "What's wrong with you?"

"Aish!" Daehyun exclaimed and let his body slump forward while Zelo and Yongguk patted him comically on the back.

"Wait a minute, what is this?" Jongup suddenly sat up in disbelief, though he was still grinning moronically. "The last time I kissed hyung, he tore up a couch!"

The members, and even the staff in the hallway, laughed and clapped like seals, remembering that ridiculous fanservice in Japan.

"I REMEMBER THAT!" Himchan exclaimed. "Maybe Jongup's kisses aren't nice like Daehyun's."

 "I did not tear up a couch," Yongguk protested. "I just pummelled it a bit to feel like a man again."

"Ehhh!" The members mocked him.

"I know, he was so violent!" Said Youngjae. "He was like this."

He squeezed past Daehyun and Zelo and jumped on to the bed, pounding the mattress with his fist like an enraged gorilla. 

"Ugh," Yongguk groaned and rubbed his eyes. "Now, you're just exaggerating."

"It looks exactly the same!" Zelo wheezed, delighted by the body gag.

Youngjae ceased his impersonation and climbed back down to the floor.

"Is Daehyun really a better kisser than Jongup then?" He asked cheekily, dodging an aggressive swipe from Daehyun.

Yongguk smiled nervously and ran his fingers over his lips in thought.

"If Jongup wants, he can kiss me again and I will react differently."

Jongup yelped and ran away in to the next room, slipping past the PD manager, while the other members applauded loudly. Yongguk laughed out loud, ignoring the burn in his throat.

"Jongup-ah!" Himchan called after him. "Come and give your hyung a kiss!"

Daehyun knelt to the floor, gasping with laughter. Youngjae took the opportunity to lean over him and make obscene kissing noises to which Daehyun responded with an aggressive tackle.

"And then give me one too." Himchan added, winking at Yongguk. 

"Ahh, hyungs are so weird," said Zelo.

The PD manager finally clapped his hands twice to bring the members to attention. The cameras parted and B.A.P fell silent as the manager addressed them.

"Well done, B.A.P, your hidden camera prank was very well done and we saw the innocent charms of all the members."

Yongguk wanted to scoff but he refrained for the sake of politeness. Zelo sensed his derision and snickered quietly.

"Please, could all B.A.P members come back to the living room, it is a bit cramped in here."

He disappeared from the doorway and the group unceremoniously gathered themselves to follow him out.

They found Jongup sitting on the arm of the couch, fiddling with his Ipad as if he had been there all day, while a stylist sprayed his hair. One by one, the members took their places, some on the couch and some on the floor beneath it. They waited patiently in silence as the PD manager checked off the script with the group's manager and he came to stand before them as he had in the morning before the whole ordeal had begun.

"B.A.P, how are you feeling after Daehyun and Himchan's Hidden Camera Prank?"

The members groaned in response.

"One at a time, please," said the PD manager.

"Try to guess," quipped Youngjae.

"Without the attitude," he retorted.

B.A.P's personal manager chuckled in the corner at Youngjae's sass.

"Tired!" Youngjae exclaimed. "My emotions are spent."

"I could go to sleep right now," said Zelo.

"You have been through alot because of us," said Himchan with a smile. "Everyone, I'm sorry." 

"I'm sorry!" Echoed Daehyun.

"How is our Bang Yongguk-shi?" The female staff member chimed in. "You became very emotional." 

Yongguk smiled to the floor as the other members aigooed in the most saccharine fashion.

"I'm sorry for my behaviour everyone." He put his hands together and bowed his head to the cameras, to the staff and finally to the members. "Forgive me, forgive me..."

The members chuckled with him amicably.

"Why did the staff pick you two though?" Asked Youngjae. "I am a better actor than both of you."

Daehyun and Himchan looked to the staff who said nothing in reply. 

"Are the staff ignoring me?" Youngjae laughed.

"Is that why they took you away yesterday for the whole 'B.A.P's Closet' thing?" Asked Jongup. "So you could plan this thing?"

"Ah," said Yongguk. "I should have sensed it."

"Honestly I was surprised when they called us out," said Himchan. "I was a little bit disappointed when they told us what we were actually doing because I had a lot of things to say about you all."

He winked at the camera in front of him making Daehyun shout in amusement.

"PD staff said that they wanted to show B.A.P's innocent and charming side to the viewers," Daehyun explained. "Specifically, they said we had to make you cry because that's what the public wants to see."

"We didn't even come up with the story," said Himchan. "PD-nim told us that Daehyun had to pretend that he was leaving."

"Yah!" The PD manager cried out. "Why are you throwing me under the bus?"

Daehyun laughed at him. "You cannot hide PD-nim!"

Youngjae was not convinced. "Don't pretend you didn't enjoy making us upset, Jung Daehyun! Though, now I see that PD-nim is very cruel."

"I'm sorry!" Daehyun said. "But you were all so cute."

"Especially the maknaes," said Himchan.

He pinched Zelo's cheek who wiggled his eyebrows humourously in return. Himchan went to pinch Jongup's cheek as well but the dancer just glared at him with lidded eyes that made him look threatening and hilarious at the same time.

"Ah, Jongup-ah is still angry at me."

He slowly lowered his hand.

"I didn't enjoy it after a while though," Daehyun confessed to the ceiling. "I felt guilty."

"Me too," said Himchan. "Especially when Yongguk-ah got upset."

Yongguk groaned when Himchan leaned his head against his shoulder and cuddled his waist.

"Get this baby off me," he growled, though he couldn't help exposing his dark gums in a broad smile.

"I cried too much," said Zelo sheepishly, rubbing his eyes. "I won't look good on TV."

"You cried alot," Daehyun said, brushing the hair away from his dongsaeng's eyes. "And Jongup... I can't remember. Did Jongup cry?"

Jongup raised an eyebrow. "Umm..."

"You didn't cry? Do you hate me?"

"I didn't cry," Jongup said flatly. "I was happy you were leaving."

"Ehh?"

"You are annoying and I don't like you."

Jongup's poker face made Youngjae spit out a laugh.

"Lies!" Daehyun pointed at him. "I think you cried a little bit."

"Oh, that's right, you did!" Said Zelo. "You soaked Daehyun-hyung's shirt."

"Nope." Jongup shook his head adamantly. "I am crying inside now because Daehyun is staying."

"You punk!" Daehyun exclaimed.

He wrestled Jongup to the floor and began viciously tickling his ribs. Jongup kicked and laughed out loud until he was out of breath and begged Daehyun to stop.

"I'm sorry! I'm SORRY! Stop! Stop, stop... okay, enough..."

Daehyun ceased tickling but didn't let go, holding Jongup in a tight cuddle that he struggled against for a while until he had no more strength.

"It's funny how I am stronger than you."

Daehyun opened his mouth wide and playfully bit at the air near Jongup's nose like an excited puppy.

"Please don't kiss me," said Jongup, making the others laugh. 

Daehyun pulled back in surprise.

"I wasn't going to!" He protested.

He released his hold with a giggle, still embarrassed by his moment with Yongguk, and helped Jongup to sit up.

"In all my days with B.A.P, I never thought that would happen," said Yongguk, also remembering the kissing incident.

"It was painful to watch," said Youngjae. "Daehyun must have felt really guilty."

"Don't you still kiss Junhong-ah though?" Himchan asked Youngjae accusingly.

Youngjae shut his mouth as the members pointed their fingers and laughed.

"That's right, I forgot!" Said Daehyun. "Hypocrite!"

"No... " said Youngjae cautiously. "I don't do that anymore..."

"Lies!" Called Zelo, clambering to sit up straight. "He kissed me last week."

"What?" Daehyun screamed, and clapped loudly. "I knew it!"

It was like an earthquake the way the group roared with laughter and repeatedly slapped the floor and sides of the couch.

"He was wearing a Helly Kitty jumpsuit!" Youngjae pleaded for understanding, though he was also laughing. "Don't judge me!"

All the members laughed even harder. Yongguk, both amused and ashamed, bowed his head and pinched his nose in dismay. 

"We used to be manly idols," he muttered, a slight grin on his lips. "And now we sit around kissing each other!"

Even the staff guffawed at his lament.

"Our image has truly gone to hell," Himchan noted, dramatically squeezing Jongup's hand for emotional support. 

When the group (and staff) caught their breath and the laughter died down, the PD manager stepped forward and addressed B.A.P.

"Thankyou, B.A.P!" He called out in a chuckle, still wiping his eyes. "As a reward for your hard work and to ease the anguish you have been through, we will now treat you to a nice BBQ dinner in the city centre."

"Yay!"

The members cheered in unison and stretched their weary limbs to prepare for their night out. The cameras were turned off and packed in to the van while the members raided their cupboards for clothes and accessories to wear.

The stylists for the group stood back in the hall and looked on with disapproving glares. Between Jongup's turtleneck sweaters, Zelo's golfing caps and Yongguk's oversized shirts, the group had a fashion style years ahead of their time, even for the Kpop industry.

 "Ugh, I can't watch this," said one stylist, and she shook her hands in distress before moving away to the kitchen for a glass of water. Yongguk chuckled at the scene. With his demeanour bright again, it seemed that everything had returned to normal. 

Yongguk went to his room and took his time sorting through his clothes while the showers were occupied. He chuckled to himself when he observed that the tops of choice in his hand ranged from a black collared shirt to a black Tee and a black skivvy. He shook his head at his emo wardrobe and decided on something white instead.

Yongguk suddenly sensed a presence behind him and he twisted around to see Daehyun at the door, staring at him absentmindedly. Daehyun faltered when Yongguk's eyes met his and let out a laugh as he usually did in awkward moments.

"Sorry," Daehyun said.

Yongguk gave him a perplexed smile.

"What's wrong?"

Daehyun shrugged his shoulders and shook his head.

"Nothing."

He casually pouted his lips like a puffer fish and fiddled with the peeling paint on the door frame, though his quick eye movements suggested he was making sure that no one was watching him. Yongguk slowly nodded his head though he was still confused.

"Okay..."

"Are you alright?" Daehyun asked abruptly.

Yongguk blinked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Are you okay?"

He spoke slowly, worried that a sudden noise might send Daehyun sprinting away like a timid animal.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Daehyun said with a chuckle.

"Okay, then."

"Are you sure you're okay?"

Daehyun's eyes were wide with concern.

"Daehyun, don't worry," Yongguk said earnestly. "I told you, I was just being a big baby, I am okay. You don't have to worry."

Daehyun didn't look convinced but he nodded anyway.

"Okay, just making sure."

Though he was smiling, Yongguk knew that Daehyun was not at ease. He wanted to say something else to reassure him but he couldn't find the right words. Yongguk felt disappointed in himself. For someone whose career demanded skill in the art of words and phrases, he seemed to have an awful lot of trouble finding them in day-to-day routine.

So he decided instead to use actions.

"Daehyun-ah, come here."

He stood from his bed and moved towards Daehyun with a warm smile on his face. Daehyun hesitantly stepped forward and welcomed Yongguk's hand in a brotherly handshake which extended into a hug.

"I love you too, ay?" Yongguk mumbled into Daehyun's hair.

He had tried to be cool but the words sounded so corny to his ears that he involuntarily rolled his eyes and laughed. Daehyun sensed his discomfort and laughed as well.

"I know, hyung."

"Okay."

Before he could change his mind, Yongguk swiftly turned his head and left a brusque kiss on Daehyun's forehead before hastily breaking away. Daehyun gasped in surprise but said nothing. All he could do was giggle.

"Okay, go on then, get out of here," Yongguk said with a smile, ushering Daehyun out with a wave of his hand. He avoided looking into those wide eyes and that beaming smile in case the situation became even more awkward.

Daehyun chuckled to himself as he made his way down the corridor to his own room. He briefly looked over his shoulder at Yongguk who shuffled awkwardly at the door and gave him a curt nod. Daehyun smiled in return before breaking eye contact to open the door to his room and step inside. His heart felt warm and fuzzy.

"Yongguk."

Yongguk turned to see Himchan coming from the other end of the hallway. "Shower is free."

"I'll go last," said Yongguk. He didn't need a millennium to get ready like the other fashionistas.

"I'm going then!" Said Zelo, sprinting past Himchan and Yongguk before Youngjae could beat him there.

"Now I see why you two moved out," said Himchan enviously before making his way back to his room.

Yongguk went to close the door after him but suddenly stopped when he noticed a camera at the end of the hall with its lens on full zoom in Yongguk's direction.

"How long have you been there?" Yongguk asked nervously.

The cameraman behind the apparatus only smiled cheekily at him, keeping one eye closed as the other remained fixed on the viewfinder. Yongguk kicked himself for not being as paranoid about the cameras as Daehyun had been when he planted that stupid kiss on his face.

"Ugh."

Yongguk rolled his eyes and shut the door before he could embarrass himself any further.

 

 

 

 

 

***

A/N

FINALLY I finished this. I'm so sorry lovely readers that it took so long, I was writing and re-writing and re-writing again, I just wasn't happy with it. I'm not sure if I lost the characterisation a bit, but I tried my best to make them sound like B.A.P! (While using my imagination to make the ships sail mwahahaha)

This is dear to my heart because I really miss Yongguk but I want him to take as much time as he needs to look after himself. I feel like the members really miss him too. He is an amazing leader <3

I will probably do another chapter as an epilogue after this one and then I have plans to start another fanfic when this is finished so please anticipate that!

Thankyou for all the wonderful sweet comments, I am so happy that people liked this, and I hope I haven't put you off because I took so long to update! 

Please do share if you liked it and give me feedback (positive and negative!) so I can improve my writing and characterisation of B.A.P :))))

Thankyou <333