The Quiet Members

Yongguk Doesn't Like Pranks

"Daehyun-ah! Come here. And bring Himchan with you. We want to prepare you for the next mission."

"Us?"

Daehyun was surprised at the sudden request from the Showtime PD staff, in fact, all of B.A.P were.

"Why do they get to go?" Asked Youngjae, who, lying face down on the wooden floor, propped himself up on his elbow. It was now the third episode of B.A.P's Showtime which he had been looking forward to in the months leading up to the season's premiere. It was a good opportunity to present B.A.P more openly to the Korean public in the footsteps of EXO and Infinite. But four episodes in, Youngjae wondered if the endeavour was as fruitful as he had expected. After all, the group had done nothing with their time on the show but random dorm-contests and mini-excursions that relied on their own 'charisma' and wit for entertainment. Were the viewers even interested in this crap?

"Daehyun and Himchan have been selected for the mission because of their charisma and wit," answered the staff member.

Youngjae had to roll his eyes at that while Yongguk let out a throaty chuckle.

"Are you sure it doesn't involve food?" He asked, letting his head loll against the wall behind him. The thought of the two gluttons being called out for a food-related mission made the maknaes laugh, although they did not look up from their devices on which one played Candy Crush while the other intently watched various anime.

"That's not funny," said Himchan with a frown. "I'm trying my best not to eat."

"Ehh, lies!" Youngjae chimed in. "You were eating burritos yesterday."

Himchan grinned guiltily, remembering that juicy doughy lump of goodness. He regretted nothing. "I was rewarding myself for my hard work."

"Ah," was all Youngjae could reply.

The second eldest brother hoisted himself off the floor with little grace and followed Daehyun into the next room. The staff member who had addressed them stayed behind.

"The rest of you must discuss your feelings," she announced, earning loud uncooperative groans from the boys.

"Why do we have to do that?" Yongguk protested.

Zelo stretched himself out in a huge yawn that almost took up the whole floor before lifting himself up to a position similar to Youngjae's. Jongup looked up briefly, feigning interest, before returning to his ipad.

"Just talk to each other and tell the camera how you feel about the show and the fans and your latest album." She replied.

Youngjae opened his mouth to argue the ridiculousness of that 'task' but was cut off by another staff member.

"Don't be difficult, just make some damn memories!" The man growled behind the camera.

Youngjae shut his mouth and stifled a laugh, unlike Yongguk who did not hold back, letting the room fill with amused hiccups of laughter that made Zelo smile in endearment.

"Okaaaaaaay, I'm sorry," Youngjae finished. "But it's a bit difficult when I'm here with all the quiet members."

Yongguk's laughter subsided and he crawled to the middle of the room to join the others.

"We can just listen to Youngjae's feelings then," he said with a smile.

Zelo finally put his phone down and sat up straight to listen.

"Well," Youngjae began, facing his bandmates. "I am really glad we are able to do this show so that we can show our fans a different side to us, one that is more intimate and pure."

Zelo hummed in agreement while Yongguk nodded thoughtfully.

"I hope that everyone will enjoy this time we have together through the broadcast, and that more people will want to listen to our album that we have worked hard on."

Before Youngjae could think of more heartfelt words to say, he was once again cut off by the crew.

"You've said all that already," one of them said curtly.

"What?" Youngjae looked up in confusion.

"In the first episode and then every episode after that. You keep saying the same thing. It's getting boring."

The incredulous look on Youngjae's face sent Yongguk over the edge a second time, that he literally rolled on the floor laughing. This time his amusement was mirrored by several members of the crew. Zelo buried his face into his folded arms, shoulders shaking from giggles. Youngjae sat up on his heels in defiance.

"I'm pouring my heart out because YOU said I had to talk about these useless things!" He half yelled, half laughed at the grinning staff member who mocked him. "Ah, I'm going crazy!"

Yongguk, chuckling at Youngjae's feet, tugged on his arm.

"Maybe," he began, eyes crinkled with happiness, "maybe we should say more about things that bother us."

"Yes, we like hearing things like that," the female staff member agreed.

"Okay, I have ONE thing that's bothering me," Youngjae started, glaring accusatorily at the man beside her.

"Something else that's bothering you," she stopped him.

"Ehhh," Youngjae scoffed with a toss of his head. "I don't know, someone else say something. I don't want to BORE anyone."

He looked at Yongguk in expectation, who turned to look at Zelo, who turned to look down at the inattentative Jongup, still lying on his stomach watching cartoons.

"Jongup-ah?" Youngjae called.

The joker looked up with heavy eyes and raised eyebrows. "Hmm?"

"What does Jongup think?" Yongguk asked.

Jongup stared at the trio with his mouth agape.

"About what?"

"Ah, seriously!" Youngjae groaned as Yongguk and Zelo plunged into another fit of hysterics. Jongup was truly a genius. 

"I'm sorry," he said with a nervous smile. His silly face both charmed and frustrated Youngjae.

"It doesn't matter." He then turned to the PD staff. "Can you at least tell us what they're doing in the other room?"

The staff glanced at each other in silence.

"Ay, what, what is this?"

"What's the secret?"

The two hyungs demanded answers from the staff. Jongup and Zelo remained quiet, patiently waiting to hear the mission.

Finally the lady spoke. "We are asking them to tell us all the bad qualities of B.A.P members. And all their secrets."

"Oh."

Youngjae then fell silent, unsure of what to say to that.

Zelo giggled softly and exchanged looks with Yongguk, "why...?"

Yongguk shrugged, not knowing and not caring. He was sure the other members would not say anything bad about him. 

Youngjae on the other hand was very concerned.

"Aish, I'm so scared, Daehyun is going to tell them something embarrassing."

"Like when he revealed that thing about your stripey pyjamas in Japan," laughed Yongguk.

Zelo returned to lying down on his stomach. "I'm afraid of what Himchan will say," he said.

Jongup locked his Ipad and sat up for the first time.

"Do we at least get to do the same thing after them?"

Finally, Youngjae thought. Jongup was saying something useful.

The staff assured the members that they would indeed have the chance to participate in the segment. It was going to be called "B.A.P's Closet" and each day, another couple would be pulled aside to reveal dark and deep secrets and negative qualities about the other members out of earshot.

All four men made sounds of understanding and approval at the announcement, looking forward to their chance to spill the beans about those members that had annoyed them.

They did not know that this was all a ruse, covering up what was really transpiring in the next room. Only Daehyun and Himchan were in the know, being given details of an extremely simple yet thoughtless prank to be carried out the next day that would produce more tears than laughs.