Second Shot

Photograph

A.N: i hope the formatting sticks this time. :( 

 

Taeyong tried to stifle another yawn as he watched Yuta write something in his notebook. After going into detail about what the shoot was going to be about, the Japanese lad had all but ignored Taeyong in favor of jotting down the ideas he came up with. Anyone else would have been offended or at least bothered by it but not Taeyong. He actually liked seeing his roommate like this. Yuta had the habit of writing down ideas in kanji and even muttering in his mother tongue. Taeyong found it amusing and cute but he would never voice it out to the other, knowing that Yuta would just insist that he's a manly man who has no cuteness in him.

"You okay there?" Hansol said, tapping Taeyong's shoulder.


Taeyong nodded. "I'm fine, hyung. Just a little bit sleepy."


"Why don't the two of you head back then? Whatever Yuta's writing, he could write it when you get home." Hansol said, glancing at the door when it opened. "I mean it. Taeil's already here which means my shift is about to end."


Taeyong chuckled, shaking his head. "I don't want to interrupt his creative flow. I can handle being sleepy for a couple more minutes." He glanced at Taeil who was waving enthusiastically at the two of them. "I think hyung wants your attention."


"Doesn't he always?" Hansol commented fondly, ruffling Taeyong's hair. "Good luck on getting this idiot's attention."

 

 

Taeyong just smiled back at the older, watching as Hansol walked back to the counter where Taeil was. A part of Taeyong wondered if it was weird for Yuta to see the two oldest dating. His roommate never said anything, not even when Taeil suddenly announced that he was dating Hansol. The Japanese lad merely nodded and congratulated the two of them and it seemed sincere enough.

 

Taeyong sighed softly as he saw Taeil casually playing with Hansol's hair as the two of them talked. The thing was Taeyong couldn't imagine anyone more perfect together than Taeil and Hansol. They were so gentle and caring with each other and they brought out the best of each other as well. It was a kind of relationship that Taeyong could only hope to have in the future. And it somehow made the whole Yuta and Hansol thing seem like a joke.

 

Taeyong frowned at the memory. It lasted for a good few months but he couldn't really remember things about that time. What Taeyong did remember was burying himself in school work, days and nights were spent in the library, only going home for a quick shower and to grab a change of clothes. He didn't know if he was being rude about it but Taeyong wasn't sure how to act at that time. Seeing Hansol and Yuta together gave him a weird feeling that he couldn't place but whatever it was, he didn't like it so he tried avoiding the couple altogether. The next thing he knew, Yuta was pulling him into the living room, demanding a movie night since he was single again. That was the end of that, no discussions at all.

 

"I'm boring you, huh?"


Taeyong startled, eyes widening a bit as he took in the fact that Yuta was talking to him. "Huh? What did you say?"


Yuta smiled softly, his free hand reaching over to grab one of Taeyong's. "I forgot how sleepy you were. Just a few more ideas and we're heading home, okay?"


Taeyong yawned as he nodded. "Take your time." He whispered, giving Yuta's hand a light squeeze.

 

Yuta smiled at him one more time before focusing back on his notebook. Taeyong leaned back against the chair, idly drawing circles on Yuta's hand with his thumb. He felt himself smile as he continued watching the younger. It wasn't the same as seeing Yuta actually take pictures but there was still some beauty to be seen here. Taeyong could almost see the ideas coming out of the younger's head, chaotic and disorganized for now but will become a beautiful masterpiece once Yuta had his camera with him.

 

It was at times like this that Taeyong wished he could handle a camera well too. He wanted to take a picture of Yuta like this, with his hair falling in front of his face, hands rapidly working against the paper and that small smile on his lips which spoke volumes of how much he enjoyed what he was doing. It was more than picture perfect and Taeyong wanted something to remember it by.

 

By the time that Yuta had finished, Hansol and Taeil were already done cleaning up and were just waiting for the two of them so they could lock up. Taeyong bowed at the two, apologizing for the inconvenience. Taeil had just laughed, waving off the apologies as he pulled Hansol to his side and headed for the direction of their place. Hansol was mouthing something but Taeyong guessed it was directed to Yuta since he had no idea what the older was saying.

 

"Come on. Let's get you to bed, sleepyhead." Yuta said, pulling Taeyong along.

 

Taeyong yawned loudly, too tired to argue with the younger. Yuta let out a sigh,putting an arm around the other to make sure that Taeyong wouldn't bump into things. The walk back to their dorm was relatively quiet, most of the students were preparing for their finals and the silence rang in the campus. Taeyong would break the silence with his yawns or mumbling under his breath.

 

Taeyong made a beeline for their couch the moment Yuta unlocked their door, slumping against it as he closed his eyes. He could hear Yuta following after him before the sound of the other's footsteps went to a different direction. Heaving a sigh, Taeyong wondered if he should follow Yuta's example and go in his own room but he was honestly feeling way too comfortable to move at all.

 

Click. Click.

 

Taeyong opened his eyes at the sound, raising an eyebrow as he saw Yuta smiling down at his camera, poised to take another picture. The older wondered if they were starting the shoot right now. And if so, should he be bothered by it?

 

The answer to that was obviously a no since Taeyong didn't budge at all from his position and just let his roommate take pictures of him. He knew that the pictures wouldn't be of any use to Yuta anyway; Taeyong probably looked hideous, looking like a total slob who was all but melting into the couch. With that thought, he let his eyes drift shut again.

 

"Tae, don't fall asleep there. Your back's going to hurt more." Yuta chastised, nudging his knee.


Taeyong groaned, curling up into a ball. Click. "Too lazy to move."


"Certainly looks that way." Yuta teased, chuckling slightly as he took another shot.


The older opened his eyes, watching the other as he continued taking pictures of Taeyong. "You're wasting your energy taking a picture of me right now, Yuta kun."


"Hm? And why is that, Taeyong kun?" Yuta asked absentmindedly.

"I look awful and I'm not moving."


Yuta lowered his camera, staring straight at Taeyong. "You don't look awful, baka. You never do."

 

 

Taeyong giggled, an automatic reaction whenever he heard the Japanese term for idiot. The word never sounded like an insult when it fell from Yuta's lips. Taeyong would gladly let the younger call him that all day if the younger wanted to.

 

"You still like being called a baka." Yuta said, sitting down on their coffee table.


Taeyong grinned, shrugging. "I told you it's cute."


"It means idiot."


"Still cute."


Yuta laughed, shaking his head. "Get up. Let's get you to bed before you actually fall asleep here."


"Later." Taeyong mumbled. "You done taking pictures? What are they for anyway?"


"I was actually just supposed to get a feel of things, you know. Getting back to it and stuff." Yuta grinned. "My model was better than I expected though. I think I'll use the shots for sloth so one sin down."

 

 

Taeyong groaned but nodded his agreement. He had the feeling that was what Yuta was aiming for but didn't voice it in the chance that he might be wrong. At least, the shots for sloth were genuine and Taeyong didn't know whether to be glad about the fact that he looked like a slob or not.

 

 

"Tae, bed. Come on." Yuta said insistently, pulling on Taeyong's hand.


"Ugh, I'm too lazy to move now. Just leave me here. I think I can sleep here peacefully." Taeyong complained.


"No, your back's going to hurt even more if you sleep here." Yuta argued, tugging harder. "Why are you heavy today?"


"Cause I'm lazy." Taeyong replied. He sat up straight with a groan, feeling bad for Yuta. "Go ahead and sleep. I'll move eventually."


"I don't believe you. If I leave you here, you'll stay here and then whine at me for letting you sleep here."


Taeyong groaned. "Then throw something at me and tell me I deserved it. I really, really don't want to move and you look like you really want to sleep."


"I can't sleep knowing you aren't in bed, baka." Yuta said softly, pulling Taeyong's hand again. "Do us both a favor and get up, will you?"

 

 

Taeyong exhaled loudly, chuckling when Yuta rolled his eyes at how exaggerated he was being. Once the younger had made sure that Taeyong wouldn't be going back to the sofa anytime soon, he walked off to turn off the lights. Taeyong sighed when darkness enveloped the room. Yuta always did this,somehow enjoying the fact that the older was a little night blind and needed help getting to his room in this state. Within a few seconds, Taeyong felt someone grabbing his hand and a part of him hated how he knew it was Yuta immediately and how that relaxed him.

 

 

Yuta led him through the living room and to his bedroom door. Taeyong let out a sigh of relief upon opening his door and turning on the lights. Yuta let out a quiet laugh, brushing Taeyong's bangs back to kiss him gently on the forehead.

 

 

"Goodnight." Yuta whispered.


Taeyong nodded with a small smile. "Goodnight."

 

 

Taeyong didn't know if it was because he was so sleepy or if it was something else but he slept peacefully that night, a different kind of warmth coursing through him as he dreamt of his roommate's smile.
--
Taeyong woke up to a loud bang coming from the direction of their kitchen. Without thinking about it, he ran out of his room, heart thundering loudly against his ribcage as he thought of the worst case scenario. What he was not expecting to see was Taeil, Hansol and Doyoung in the kitchen, staring at what he assumed to be some kind of soup that was flowing out of the pot. The pot must have been what made the sound and Taeil was looking at Taeyong sheepishly.

 

"I'm sorry, Yongie." Taeil said. "I promise to clean it up."


Taeyong nodded, slumping down into a chair. "I was so scared." He looked at the mess. "Why are you guys here so early in the morning anyway?"


"Yuta hyung asked us for help." Doyoung answered, handing Taeil some rags to clean the mess.


Hansol glanced at the wall clock. "Speaking of which, I better check up on him. He was developing the shots he took last night." He gave Taeyong a look. "How did the two of you have time for a shoot last night? You were dead on your feet at the cafe."


"It was for sloth." Taeyong explained shortly, hoping it was enough.


Taeil laughed, putting the dirty rags away. "I think our little dragon is still sleepy, Han. Better ask Yuta yourself."


"Guess so." Hansol laughed, ruffling Taeyong's hair. "Doyoung, make Taeyong some coffee, would you? Can't have our model snoozing off later."


"Yes, boss." Doyoung chirped happily, starting on his task.

 

 

Taeyong yawned loudly, watching Doyoung move around the kitchen. It was a little disturbing how well the younger knew the place but given that Taeyong was the same at Doyoung and Jaehyun's place, he guessed that he had to let it be. Taeil was working on breakfast, again and it made Taeyong smile. It felt nice to be taken care of every once in a while.

 

 

"Here you go, hyung." Doyoung said as he handed Taeyong a mug. "I hope I remember how you like your coffee."


Taeyong took a tentative sip, nodding. "It tastes great. Thanks. Uh, sorry for waking you up so early for this."


"You didn't. Yuta hyung did." Doyoung laughed. "Taeil hyung was the one to wake you up though."


"I did say sorry." Taeil piped in. "But it isn't that early anymore. You must have been pretty tired if you slept this late, Taeyong."


Taeyong glanced at the clock, sighing when he saw that it was a little past 10. "Yeah, guess I was. Sorry I made you guys wait."


"It's fine. Yuta hyung is still developing the pictures in your dark room anyway. We set up what we could but other than that, I don't know what we could help with." Doyoung said with a shrug.

 

 

The three of them continued to make small talk until Yuta walked in the kitchen, holding an envelope with his camera slung on his neck. He patted Taeyong's head before downing the rest of his coffee, earning him a glare from Doyoung.

 

"That was Taeyong hyung's." Doyoung huffed.


"Tae and I share everything." Yuta shrugged. He looked at Taeyong. "Anyway, Hansol hyung liked the pictures from last night and said that we should continue shooting it as natural as we could. Why don't you freshen up so we could start for the day? Hansol hyung's picking out clothes for you in your room."


Taeyong laughed. "You're making me feel like I'm some hotshot model." He stood up, bringing the empty mug to the sink. "I'll get ready so we can actually get something started."

 

 

Hansol was lounging on his bed when Taeyong walked in. The older just pointed at the bathroom so the younger had no choice but to follow. He let out a surpised yelp when Hansol pulled on his hand the moment he stepped out of the bathroom, blow dryer in hand.

 

"I could do it myself, hyung...?" Taeyong said uncertainly, raising his voice to be heard over the dryer.


Hansol nodded. "Yeah but this is faster. You'll be wearing that, by the way." He pointed at the clothes on the bed. Taeyong couldn't properly see them except for the green coat on top.


"Ah." Taeyong nodded absentmindedly. "Which sin are we going to shoot for today?"


Hansol opened his mouth before closing it again, shaking his head. "I'll give you instructions while we're shooting so don't think about it."


"I don't... hyung, I don't want Yuta to get a bad grade because I'm a bad model." Taeyong pouted.


"I don't think you can be a bad model, dragon. Just listen well to what I'll say later and you'll be fine."


Taeyong sighed,closing his eyes. "Fine, I trust you, hyung."


"You should." Hansol paused long enough that Taeyong opened his eyes to see if something was wrong. The younger couldn't see anything wrong but Hansol was looking at him weirdly, like he was trying to figure something out.


"What's up, hyung?" Taeyong asked when the silence continued to stretch out.
"What did you think about me and Yuta? I meant when the two of us were dating. You weren't here much for me to ask you if you were okay with it." Hansol asked seriously, surprising Taeyong.


"Oh,uh..." Taeyong felt himself flush, embarrassment coursing through him for some reason. He practically jumped in the air when there was a knock on his door, Yuta's head popping in.


"Finished yet? I'm hungry but I want to get some work done before eating." Yuta asked. His eyes fell on Taeyong. "You okay, Tae? You look red? Are you sick?"


Hansol placed the dryer and comb down, pushing Yuta away before the younger could walk in the room. "He's fine. Just needs to get dressed. Come on."

 

 

Yuta looked unconvinced but he gave Taeyong a small grin before allowing himself to get pushed. Taeyong let out a shaky sigh, feeling like he almost got caught doing something he shouldn't be doing. Hansol's question just caught him off guard and nothing more. Taeyong did his best to push it at the back of his mind as he dressed but it still lingered.

 

 

Yuta was in his professional photographer mode when Taeyong walked out of the room. Their furniture had been pushed around, making their place look like a cafe. Doyoung guided him to the chair by their screen leading to their terrace. The sudden light made Taeyong wince as he sat down, squinting against the harsh light until his eyes could adjust.

 

Snap.

 

Taeyong blinked, turning to look at Yuta. He didn't know that they were shooting already. Hansol hadn't called out any instructions and he still didn't know what he was supposed to be portraying.

 

"We haven't started yet, dragon. Don't worry about it." Hansol called out, probably reading the worry on Taeyong's face. The older whacked Yuta's arm. "The photographer just got a little excited is all."


Taeyong smiled as he nodded. "Uh, but hyung, I still don't know what to do?"


Hansol smirked, giving Taeyong a bad feeling about this. "I want you to think about longing, Taeyong. What was the last thing that you wanted?"

 

Taeyong nodded, closing his eyes for a brief moment as he thought about it. What was the last thing that he wanted? New shoes? It was probably the brand new shoes he and Yuta saw on the mall a few days ago. He let out a dreamy sigh as he pictured himself dancing with those. They must feel amazing.

 

Snap. Snap. Snap.

 

"Now, dragon, I want you to think about Jaemin, Jeno, Chenle and Jisung. They're our babies, right?" Hansol said softly, almost hypnotizing like. Taeyong found himself nodding and smiling at the image of the younger ones. "Remember all the times we would coddle them? Do you want that too, dragon? Being coddled?"

 

 

Taeyong felt himself blush at the question and he couldn't help it when his hands shot up to cover his face upon hearing the camera go off. He felt embarrassed but Hansol had found his weak spot. Lowering his hands slowly, Taeyong felt himself nod a bit. It was true after all. He loved coddling the younger ones especially Jisung but he couldn't hide that he was jealous sometimes. He had the image of someone that was always strong and independent but even just the thought of getting pampered by the others was nice.

 

 

Taeyong heard Yuta laughing under his breath as the younger continued to take pictures and the former stuck his tongue out, causing even Doyoung and Taeil to laugh at the scene. Their easy laughter caused Taeyong to feel more relaxed, posing leisurely while expressing longing. He more or less got the idea of what Hansol wanted him to portray and he was further assured when he saw Hansol giving him a thumbs up. Taeyong still had no idea what sin he was doing but he figured it wasn't important.

 

 

"Last, Taeyong." Hansol called out. "Remember what I asked you in your room? You haven't answered me yet but I want you to think about your answer now."

 

Taeyong froze at the instruction. Was he okay with the two of them dating? It wasn't something he liked thinking about that was for sure but he had never thought about why. Taeyong raised his gaze to where Yuta and Hansol were, the older of the two casually holding onto Yuta's waist and Taeyong could feel something twist inside him. He had to force himself to look away before anyone else could see.

 

Just like that, the images that Taeyong had been trying to avoid was brought in the front of his mind. Yuta announcing that he and Hansol were dating, Hansol spending more and more time at their place, Yuta stealing kisses from Hansol as the older cooked food for the two of them— they kept replaying in Taeyong's mind.

 

 

Taeyong could vaguely hear the sound of the camera clicking away. He was too caught up in his thoughts and he had no idea what expression he was making but Yuta continued taking pictures.

 

 

"Wow, Taeyongie. The pictures turned out great! You're such a natural at this." Yuta's praises snapped Taeyong out of his trance.


"Huh?" Taeyong muttered confusedly. He blinked a few times before he understood what Yuta meant. "Oh." He chuckled nervously. "Thanks? I'm not that great though?"


"You are! These look so good,Tae! I'm going to start developing them now so you could see!" Yuta said excitedly, walking over to pat Taeyong's head before heading off to his dark room.

 

 

Taeyong gave him a small smile, the feeling of vulnerability still lingering in him and he wished that Yuta would stay and keep him company but he chided himself for thinking like that. Yuta's priority was his project, of course. Taeil handed Taeyong a glass of water, rubbing his back softly.

 

 

"Good job, dragon." Taeyong looked up, seeing Hansol smile at him. "Sorry if it was a bit too much."


Taeyong shook his head but directed his attention somewhere else. "Hyung, I'm hungry. Can we eat something?"


Taeil nodded, pulling Taeyong up. "Doyoung and I already set the table because we guessed you'd be hungry after the shoot. Han and I will clean up here. You and Doyoung go ahead and eat."


Doyoung was bouncing excitedly by the kitchen, tugging Taeyong into the table. "Hyung, that was so great! You really looked like a model! Waah, I'm sure the pictures that Yuta hyung took were amazing!"


Taeyong laughed, glad to have Doyoung around. "Thanks, Doyoung. I didn't really do much but listen to Hansol hyung."


"Hmm, Hansol hyung sounded different when he's giving out instructions like that." Doyoung said as he began serving the food. "It was pretty cool too."

 

 

Taeyong nodded but didn't comment any further. He had to stop the urge to sigh whenever he thought of Hansol's question. Whatever he was feeling felt ugly and left a bad taste in his mouth. Taeil and Hansol joined the two younger on the dining table soon enough and three made small talk, shooting Taeyong looks every now and then. Taeyong realized that he wasn't really eating but was just pushing his food around. He sent Doyoung and Taeil an apologetic smile before eating properly. The food tasted great and it helped make Taeyong feel a little bit less lost.

 

 

"Food!" Yuta exclaimed as he ran into the kitchen.


"Why do you always sound like no one feeds you?" Doyoung sighed, getting up to get a plate for Yuta.


"I'm a growing boy." Yuta shrugged, nudging Taeyong's knee. "Move over. Let's share."


Taeyong rolled his eyes but did as he was told. "There's an empty chair beside Taeil hyung, you know."


"Too far from you." Yuta retorted, squeezing himself on Taeyong's seat. "Besides, you're skinny. We can fit."

 

 

Taeyong rolled his eyes again but shifted around until the two of them looked comfortable on the chair. Yuta would sometimes feed him meat, to which Taeyong would pout but still accept it in the end. The two of them started whispering to each other, a common occurrence during their meals when someone cleared their throat. Taeyong raised his head slowly, seeing Taeil's amused face.

 

 

"So, what are the two of you whispering about?" Taeil asked.


Taeyong flushed, sitting up straight. "Sorry, we were being rude."


Yuta chuckled, wrapping an arm around Taeyong's shoulder. "I think they're used to us by now, Taeyongie."


"Yeah but it's still rude." Hansol said, rolling his eyes. "At least, Taeyong had the decency to apologize."


Doyoung sighed, slumping against Taeil's side. "Do you see what I mean, hyung? And they think that this is normal." Taeil just laughed, patting Doyoung's head.


"This is normal for us though?" Yuta replied.


"It isn't for other people." Doyoung snapped. "Would you be like this with me?"


Yuta made a face. "You have Jaehyun."


"Exactly!"


Hansol laughed, getting up to put his dish in the sink. "You're not getting through them, Doyoung. They're both dense."


"We are not. And what are you guys talking about anyway?" Yuta huffed.


"That just proves our point." Doyoung said with a deadpan look.

"Anyway, I have to get to class soon. Taeyong hyung, do you mind stopping by our place to cook something for Jae later? His fever went down but I still don't want him moving around that much."


Taeyong nodded, feeling relieved at the request. He was already looking for an excuse to visit Jaehyun anyway. "Yeah, sure. I'll be right over. I'll just bring some of my work there too."


Yuta whined. "But it takes you forever to come back home when you visit Jaehyun!"


Doyoung sighed, putting his plate away as well. "Are you jealous, hyung?"


"No, why would I be? Taeyongie will always come back to me anyway." Yuta said seriously.

 

 

Taeyong felt his cheeks heat up at the statement even though he knew his roommate meant nothing by it. Taeil and Hansol were trying to hide their amused looks and were failing while Doyoung looked like he wanted to hit Yuta. Clearing his throat loudly, Taeyong got up, ignoring Yuta's whines and started cleaning up. It was one of his nervous tics. Whenever he felt nervous, Taeyong cleaned. At least this time, it wasn't obvious.

 

 

He could hear the others talking in the living room as he washed the dishes and cleaned the kitchen. Taeyong could vaguely see Yuta and Hansol talking among themselves and Taeyong swallowed back the bitter taste again. He really needed to stop thinking about them.

 

 

"Hyung, I'm about to go to class now!" Doyoung called out.


Taeyong quickly washed his hands, drying them on a towel before running to the living room. "Hang on. I'll walk with you. Just let me get my things."


Yuta whined again. "It's still early, Tae."


"Stop whining. You don't have classes today, right? Think of the other concepts for the shoot while waiting for Taeyong to get home." Hansol said tiredly.


"Hyung has a point. You'll be so busy;you won't even notice I'm gone." Taeyong smiled softly before ducking in his room to grab his stuff. When he came back out, Yuta was still sulking while Doyoung looked so done with the other. "Doyoung, let's go. Don't want you to be late for class."


Taeil laughed. "Dragon, you should say bye to Yuta. Look at our manly man sulking like a child."


"I am manly." Yuta said with a pout, strongly contradicting his words.


Taeyong chuckled, pinching his roommate's cheek. "Be back soon, Yuta kun."


Yuta sighed but there was a small smile tugging on his lips. "You better be. Go take care of Jaehyun. I'll wait for you to come home."

 

 

Taeyong felt an inexplicable sense of warmth at those words and he felt himself blushing. What was up with him today? Doyoung coughed behind him though his cheeks were red as well for some reason. Taeyong gave Yuta one last smile before turning to Hansol and Taeil, bowing slightly as he gestured that he was leaving. Doyoung was already out the door when Hansol called Taeyong back.

 

 

"Taeyong, I forgot to tell you which sin we were doing today."


"Oh." Taeyong tilted his head, waiting for the answer to continue even though he already had a feeling what it was.


"It was envy." Hansol said with a light smirk. "Have fun with Jaehyun!"
--
Jaehyun was still in his pyjamas when he opened the door for Taeyong. The older immediately checked the younger's temperature and was relieved that it wasn't that high. Jaehyun only chuckled, walking in ahead of the other as he motioned for Taeyong to follow him. Taeyong had been at their place enough to be comfortable and know where everything was. The older headed to the kitchen, frowning at the messy state of the living room but Jaehyun called him back.

 

"I know it's messy but come here and cuddle me. I ate about an hour ago so I'm not yet hungry." Jaehyun called out, patting the space beside him on the couch.


Taeyong sighed, putting his bag on a relatively empty chair and made his way through the different blankets scattered on the floor before taking a seat beside Jaehyun. "Did you bring out every single blanket the two of you have?"


"Some were too warm while the others weren't warm enough, okay?"


Taeyong chuckled, patting the younger's head. "You're so picky when you're sick."


Jaehyun huffed, adjusting himself so he could lie down against Taeyong's chest. "You're picky all the time so I don't think you can judge."


"True." Taeyong agreed easily, playing with Jaehyun's hair. When another minute of silence passed, the older lightly tugged on the other's hair to get his attention. "Hey, Jae, remember when Yuta was dating Hansol hyung... uh, what did you think of them?"


He felt Jaehyun stiffen before the younger let out a snort. "That was over for a while now. Why are you bringing this up all of a sudden?"


"Can you just answer the question?" Taeyong said, looking away as he felt himself blushing.


Jaehyun laughed but he had a thoughtful expression on his face. It took a few seconds before he answered Taeyong. "Well, I think they match each other? They're both into photography, Hansol hyung doesn't let Yuta hyung procrastinate too. They even have the whole 'couples start to look alike' thing going on."


"Oh, yeah, right." Taeyong mumbled, the feeling of disappointment bubbling in his chest.


"But.." Jaehyun said with emphasis, looking up at the older. "I've already told you this before but I think you suit Yuta hyung more."
Taeyong made a sound of disagreement to which Jaehyun just rolled his eyes.


"Seriously! You have no idea how stressed my bunny is because of the two of you! He just sent me a text earlier saying how sweet you and Yuta hyung were, again, without knowing it." Jaehyun insisted.


Taeyong whined. "It's normal for me and Yuta. It doesn't mean anything for him." He hated how disappointed he sounded at the end.


Jaehyun raised an eyebrow. "For him? So, are you admitting that it means something for you?"


Taeyong kept quiet for a while with Jaehyun just watching him patiently. When he spoke, it was in a whisper, as if saying the words out loud would upset something. "Today, we did a photoshoot first thing in the morning. Hansol hyung wouldn't tell me which sin we were doing; he told me he'd just give me instructions. While he was helping me get ready, he suddenly brought up the thing with Yuta. He asked if I was fine with it. At first, I didn't get why he would ask me that now, so out of the blue too but later on, he used that in the shoot as well. I... I haven't seen the pictures yet and I'm afraid of what it'll show." He took a deep breath before looking into Jaehyun's eyes. "The sin was envy. That was the ugly feeling I had all those months ago."

 

 

It was quiet again after that. Taeyong continued playing with Jaehyun's hair while the younger drew patterns along the older's arm, a sign that he was thinking. This was one of the things that Taeyong liked about being with Jaehyun, the silence never felt uncomfortable.

 

 

Slowly, Jaehyun shifted, raising his head to look at Taeyong until he tapped the other's cheek, a careful smile on his face. Taeyong had the feeling that he didn't want to hear what Jaehyun was going to say.

 

 

"Hyung, you do know you're entitled to have feelings, right? And if you really are, or were, feeling jealous of Hansol hyung since he was dating Yuta hyung, that's okay, too. I don't get why you think having feelings is wrong." Jaehyun said slowly.


Taeyong sighed, shaking his head. "Yuta's my friend and roommate. What right do I have to feel jealous of Hansol hyung? I'm not even dating Yuta."


"The feeling of jealousy isn't limited to people that are dating. It's more than okay if you feel jealousy." Jaehyun said, nuzzling into Taeyong's neck. "Having feelings for someone, even if that someone is a friend, is never wrong. I'm not even telling you to admit them to Yuta hyung. Not yet anyway. But you have to at least admit them to yourself. What's the point of lying to yourself?"

 

 

Taeyong let out another sigh, drumming his fingers against Jaehyun's spine as he pondered over the words. He closed his eyes, letting his mind be filled with Yuta. It was almost embarrassing how easy it was. Yuta's bright smiles, Yuta's gentle touches, Yuta's laughter, Yuta's sheepish smile when he sets something on fire in their kitchen, the way Yuta worries over Taeyong— thinking of Yuta was all too easy for Taeyong and the rapid thundering of his heart was getting tiring to ignore. With another sigh, Taeyong let his head fall down against the back of the couch as he whispered.

 

"I'm in love with Nakamoto Yuta."
~
A.N: this took a while to write. Haha I'm so sorry. I was swamped with school work the moment the semester started which was something i was not expecting so I'd like to apologize for that.

It's late but I'd like to congratulate our boys for winning the rookie award in MAMA and for their amazing performance. It was a well deserved award. ♡♡

I will try to update this as soon as I can in the hopes of finishing this within the break. Cross fingers on that one.

As usual, please let me know what you think. Any comment is very much appreciated. Thank you. ♡♡♡