Chapter 16

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 16

The police thought that it was an attempted robbery, or possibly, a robbery that wasn’t fruitful. It was obvious that they were looking for something as almost every rooms in the house has been turned over and ransacked, but Kris and I were sure that nothing was missing. Kris had a deep frown by the end of the day, and mom had apparently landed on time and had immediately called him after receiving his text.

We weren’t allowed in the house as well, so Kris took me to mom’s condo as per mom’s orders where I was to stay until we could return to the house. Kyungsoo helped me pack my things and when we arrived at mom’s condo, I saw the guys waiting for us in the lobby. The building’s security was strict so aside from the building’s residents, no one was allowed to go up without clearance. They all rushed towards me the moment they saw the three of us step out of the elevator, and I was still pretty much shaken up by the earlier incident to actually notice who was there and who wasn’t.

Kris had left again, probably to assist with the investigation, not before making sure that we were safely inside the elevator again heading up to the 15th floor. I wasn’t able to focus on the things around me, trusting Kyungsoo, Joonmyeon, Minseok and Chanyeol to lead me. I was on the couch, slowly regaining my awareness when I saw Jongdae, Yixing and Baekhyun walking into the room and, much to my disappointment, without Jongin. I didn’t ask them if Jongin knew what had happened, but I noticed how often Baekhyun’s phone would vibrate with notifications and how he would rush to the corner of the room to speak to whomever was calling him. I’d like to pretend that it was Jongin texting and calling him to ask about me, which helped to settle my anxiety as I nestled back into the couch.

Everyone wanted to know what had happened so Kyungsoo filled them all in, leaving me to rest. Soon after I fell asleep due to the exhaustion and when I woke up again, I realized that I had my face tucked at someone’s neck and that someone was also playing with my fingers on his chest. I moved my head a little, making that person turn to me, and smiled when I realized that it was Jongin.

“When did you arrive?” I asked, voice slightly groggy from sleep. “About an hour ago,” he replied, smiling at me. “I’m sorry I’m late, but I came here as soon as I could. How are you feeling?”

“As okay as I can be, I guess. It was… quite a shock to me. I never expected this to ever happen to me.” Jongin remained quiet after that, his eyes unreadable as was his face, but I refused to think too much and simply let the silence envelope us, settling back to the previous position. I realized that we were in one of the rooms in mom’s condo, and if I listened closely, I could hear voices coming from outside the door.

“Are the guys still here?” I asked eventually. Jongin nodded. “They refuse to leave until your brother or your mom gets here,” he told me. “I’m sorry about what happened to your maid, Sehun.”

“Me too.”

“And I’m glad you’re okay.”

“…yeah, me too.” I wish I could say the same about ahjumma.

Jongin and I stayed a little longer in the room, not talking and simply just holding onto each other, him consoling me with butterfly kisses on my face and fingers against my back. I kept my face tucked at the crook of his neck, inhaling the familiar and comforting scent of his, letting myself forget about everything and anything. At some point, our peace and quiet were interrupted by a knocking on the door, and it opened to reveal Jongdae.

Now, I’m used to having him and Baekhyun teasing us whenever we were having moments like this, so I was slightly surprised when I saw nothing misc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter