Chapter 15

Something About You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 15

The talk I promised with Kris didn’t happen the next day, nor the next, and soon the number of days climbed up to a month. Kris left for a business trip somewhere while mom would come and leave the house at different hours, sometimes staying over at her private condo located close to her office when she has to. I didn’t mind because I was used to these arrangements, but mostly because I didn’t have to face them after overhearing their conversation. I’m surprised none of them knew about my presence in the office that day; I was sure Sora would’ve told them that I was there and left abruptly after spying on them outside the office, but surprisingly, no one had spoken a word to me.

But that was the least of my concern I guess. Jongin had been acting weird as of late, and even though he’d make it a point to text me before I go to bed, I was still in the dark of the places he went and what kind of meetings his parents would make him go to, and he never bothered to tell me about them as well. Despite my curiosity, I never asked him as well. I felt like it wasn’t my place to ask, but my friends had a different opinion about the matter.

“I think you should ask him,” Minseok said as he munched on some Oreo cookies. “You’re his boyfriend so you have the rights to.” I slowly bit onto the sandwich that I've stolen from Baekhyun just as said man said, “He’s right. You’re always left to wonder where he is, and what he’s doing. As his boyfriend, he should tell you all this . It’s natural for you to want to pry in his business, but right now you’re mostly concerned about him.”

“Baek’s right,” Chanyeol said from beside me. “We can all tell that Jongin really loves and cares about you, so he should not be making you wonder like this. If he’s not going to downright tell you himself, then you should ask him.”

I absentmindedly nodded at them, making sure to keep their opinions in mind before turning to my other side where Kyungsoo and Joonmyeon sat across from each other, the former having sat right beside me. They exchanged glances when they felt my eyes on them before turning to me.

“I agree with them,” Joonmyeon said eventually, nodding his head a little. “If Jongin cares for you like he said he does, then he should know better than to make you worried about him.”

Again, I nodded at that, thankful for his opinion before turning to my old and longest friend, Kyungsoo. He didn’t say anything for the longest time, and under everyone’s scrutinizing gazes, he let out a sigh and finally turned to me. I felt nervous when I saw the weird gaze he had in his eyes, and I suddenly wished I didn’t ask for his opinion when he spoke,

“I think you should give him time to explain it himself.” Some of the guys protested, but Kyungsoo kept his eyes on me as he continued, “Because it’s you who might not be ready to hear what he has to say.”

Kyungsoo didn’t spoke a word to me after that, and I couldn’t stop thinking about his advice since even though I should be focused on studying for the upcoming final exams. My classes were mostly over and the week was reserved for exam preparations and studying, but I decided to call it a day early and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter