Sehun - 12

I Am You, You Are Me

“Why the hell are you drenched?” Sehun snarled at his best friend plodding in through the front door of his home. “My mom’s going to murder you for bringing the ocean in with you and she’ll hang me too as a package deal.”

Jongin just gave him that lazy smirk, the one that girls went crazy for and Sehun gagged at every time.

“Relax, your mom loves me.”

“Not enough to forgive you for ruining her Isfahani carpet…”

“.”

Jongin leapt off the silk rug that was partially soaked now.

“Why didn’t you tell me she put in a new one?” Jongin groaned as Sehun crossed his arms.

“Well, how the hell was I supposed to know you’d come in soaking...”

Jongin frowned at the rug. “Who pays twelve thousand for a sad old thing people walk over every day?”

“My mom.”

“Right.”

“So there has got to be a good reason why you didn't use that beautiful umbrella in your hand,” Sehun prodded his friend as the two walked up to Sehun’s bedroom.

Jongin’s worries seemingly evaporated.

“Oh you don’t even know… I’ve met her.”

Sehun frowned.

“Feel free to be vaguer.”

Jongin chuckled at his best friend’s scowl.

“You’re actually going to get wrinkles earlier if you keep frowning at everything I say.”

“Just hurry up and elaborate.”

“I’ve met the one. I’m going to get married to her in the future, I know it.”

Sehun stopped in his tracks and turned to look at his dripping friend incredulously.

“Sorry, come again?”

“I’m getting married to her, Oh Sedumb. Are you deaf?”

“Did I miss something here?”

--

An hour later, Jongin was still raving about the girl he had met at the bus stop and Sehun was about to chuck a vase at him.

“I’m actually going to throw porcelain at you if you don’t talk about something else already.”

“Your mom’s Tiffany vase then,” Jongin pointed at the pretty thing in the polished glass case.

“You’re not worth that much.”

“I’m worth a twelve thousand dollar rug at least.”

“You ruined that yourself.”

“Oh shush, idiot. I haven’t even finished about Soojung.”

The more Jongin talked about that girl, the more Sehun started to wonder. His friend was infuriating him at the moment… but he still found it hard to believe that Kim Jongin, rich as he was dashing, was head over heels for some random girl. They were in middle school for crying out loud.

Soojung.

What a pretty name, Sehun thought. It meant crystal… what a fitting moniker for the girl that had sent his best friend into a loop.

Soojung…

“Who the hell ruined my new rug?!?”

Sehun and Jongin took one look at each other and ran for it.

Mama Oh was home.

--

A/N: I promise I didn't abandon this story! School has just been busy busy busy :) Apologies for the extremely overdue update.

Did you guys expect a Sehun POV? Well, that should complete our main characters... so does that mean love triangle? Or is Sehun the supportive best friend... or is it Kai? Who knows! If you've read my other stuff, you'd know I'm a big Kaistal fan... but since Sehun's my ultimate bias and he too often gets friendzoned, I might change it up a bit :) Sorry, I wasn't trying to be cliche but they're all rich af and there we go :( rip originality. I hadn't intended them all to be swimming in cash but then I thought about it and it'd be way more predictable if the girl or one of the guys was dirt poor and some scholarship student. Then we'd all know who wins. 

Anyways, this update was short but sweet and I'll definitely try to update soon. Thanks for the love!

Also, there's finally a cover photo for this story yayyyy! Thanks to --yogi for this... check out the amazing graphics shop~ The link's in the foreword.