Happiness

Comet ☄
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N. OMG it's been so long since I last updated, I'm really sorry guys!

I was actually hesiating to upload.. Once I stopped writing regularly, it was so hard to take it back up.... :(

I'm sorry again.. :'( There was just so much going on.. (exams and essays and projects and just basically work overload..)

Also, I felt like the story was going much too slowly, so I decided to change things a little bit. I hope it won't be awkward! Still no Jimin, I'm afraid - I wanted to stick as much as possible to the real dates of the members joining the team, and Jimin only joined in 2012....

Oh, another thing - all the ages I mention here are the characters' KOREAN AGES, so if Bora was 14 when she joined Big Hit, she would either be 12 or 13 (depending on whether her birthday passed or not) in Europe or the US (or basically anywhere else in the world).

Another thing I just realized after some research is... Big Hit doesn't have a huge building like SM or JYP do, their headquarters are basically just some offices in a shared building in Gangnam, and they borrow practice rooms in other places for the trainees. Oh well, let's just imagine Big Hit also has a building to themselves, with offices and practice rooms and recording studios and a cafeteria, etc., shall we? 

--------------------------***********---------------------------

 

8 months had passed since Deborah first joined Big Hit. During this time, many things changed for both BTS and Bora.

The bunny toothed boy she had noticed at her first monthly evaluation turned out to be a new member of BTS - their youngest yet. He was the same age as Bora. At first, she was really excited to at last have someone the same age as her, but that enthusiasm soon turned to disappointment. Jungkook, the new boy, was almost perfect in every way - he had a cute, pretty face, he was good at singing, he could also rap pretty well and although he didn't know much about dancing yet, he was a quick learner.

"That's actually better than being good from the start, since he's young and I can tell he has the potential to become an amazing dancer in the future," Hoseok said approvingly at their first dance practice together.

His only fault was that he was cripplingly shy. Being shy normally wouldn't be too much of a problem, especially with friendly, sociable people like Hoseok and Taehyung around, but Jungkook was proving to be an extremely stubborn case. All the members of BTS lived together, which was guaranteed to get them close fast, but Jungkook somehow found a way to keep to himself.

"He won't let me get close to him!" Taehyung often complained to her. He more than anyone was frustrated by their Maknae's distant behaviour and awkward silences. Thanks to his constant whining, Bora found out more about Jungkook than she would ever have learned from talking to the boy himself. Apparently, he was silent almost all the time and rarely managed to look any of them in the eye. He was always looking at the floor and biting his lips when talked to. He never showed his body to any of them, preferring to shower in the middle of the night when everyone was asleep, and he ran away whenever Taehyung tried to hug him. This annoyed Taehyung to no end. He made it his personal mission to be the first one to become the shy boy's friend, and thanks to his endless efforts, Jungkook slowly started improving.

After six months, he was still reserved and quiet with the members of BTS, but he didn't look so scared all the time anymore, and Bora even caught him smiling and laughing once or twice, which was a huge improvement. However, with Bora it was a whole different story.

He didn't seem too comfortable with girls in general, and since he didn't live with Bora either, it was harder for her to break open his shell with just the few hours per day she got to see him. Even being in the same school as him didn't help. She tried - really, she did - but he was so silent and distant whenever she talked to him, that she started wondering if he actually hated her. He never spoke to her unless he really had to, and still didn't look her in the eyes. At school they had singing, maths and acting class together, as well as their dance lessons at Big Hit, but he acted like he didn't know her at all. Sometimes she got the impression he was avoiding her on purpose.

He was a really hard worker though, and tried his best to learn from Hoseok during their dance lessons. After 6 months at Big Hit, Bora was told to start alternating between normal dance lessons and their group's dance lessons, which meant she didn't get to see the BTS members as often as she did before. They still treated her the same though - she was just like their little sister. She was one of them, and she was grateful for that. It would have been so easy to just leave her out. The others were all guys and were in the same group - BTS - after all, but they never made her feel left out and always invited her whenever they wanted to hang out or go somewhere.

"You're like our mascot," Seokjin joked sometimes, ruffling her hair. "You're supposed to be our lucky charm, so don't go quitting on us now!" he would say whenever she wondered if she was intruding on them by being there.

Bora also improved a lot - her singing voice became more powerful and she was now able to sing properly while dancing simple dances. She grew at least 3cms during the 8 months of training, and her body slowly started gaining more curves whereas before she was as flat and straight as a stick. Her newly cut hair started growing out too, and now reached shoulder length. She liked to wear it bohemian style, slightly messy with little braids here and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter