New Life

Comet ☄
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest of the day passed by quickly. Apparently, Seokjin was an aspiring actor who had just recently joine their group. Yoongi, Hoseok and Namjoon were rappers who were a part of BTS, the group she had (unknowingly) auditioned for, and had been at Big Hit for a few months already. Taehyung was new, like her.

She was a bit confused as to why Big Hit had put her into this group at first, but it soon became clear when they started their first lesson - dance.

Hoseok was their teacher for this lesson.

"It's just easier," he explained. "You're all unexperienced, which means you'll have a hard time following the normal lessons. That's why you're in this group. I'm going to teach you the basics of dancing until you're good enough to join the other trainees and be taught by the dance teachers."

"Hoseok's an amazing dancer, by the way," Namjoon explained to the two newbies.

"Aww, thanks," Hoseok beamed.

"I still don't see why I have to start learning dance," Yoongi grumbled quietly. "I'm fine with just rapping sitting down."

"Ok, so we're going to start with some basic hip hop steps," Hoseok said loudly, ignoring Yoongi's remark. "Taehyung, Bora, have you ever had dancing lessons?"

They both shook their heads. "I got in with a dance routine that I practiced for months," Deborah explained. "I'm not that good at freestyle, but I can dance ok-ish if I learn all the moves by heart and practice them beforehand."

"Ok, not to worry. Anyone can become a good dancer with some practice."

"Yeah right," Seokjin scoffed, scowling.

"Stop it hyung, you can do it too, with some time and effort!" Hoseok tried to cheer him up. "Of course, there is still a major difference between good dancers and great dancers, but hey, good is our goal, so don't be too discouraged!"

"I don't know," Seokjin sighed, shaking his head. "I just don't get how you can get your body to move that way. Mine just doesn't move the way I tell it to!" He pouted adorably and Deborah had to bite back a smile. Seokjin was the eldest but right now he was acting like a little kid.

"I agree," Namjoon said, looking discouraged. "I really can't dance."

"Okay, you two pessimistic idiots, stop it now. Let's just get on with the lesson," Yoongi cut in.

"Yah! Is that the way you speak to your hyung?" Seokjin hit him on the head playfully, but they stopped bickering and started to pay proper attention to Hoseok.

 

After a couple of hours of dancing, Deborah was sweating madly. She bent over, gripping her knees while panting heavily. Taehyung was sprawled out on the floor beside her, arms and legs spread like a starfish. Hoseok came over to talk to them, squatting down to match their eye level.

"How are you doing?" he asked, smiling softly.

"I can't feel my toes," groaned Taehyung. "I think I broke my spine with all that dancing, hyung!" he complained loudly.

Hoseok and Deborah had to laugh at his words. "How 'bout you, Bora?"

"I'm exhausted, but it's fun," she said honestly.

"Good," Hoseok ruffled her hair. "You have a good flow - you can follow the beat properly and have an instinctive feel on how to move your body. With some more practice, I think you have the potential to become a really good dancer."

"Really?" She asked happily. Hoseok nodded, grinning.

"What about me, hyung~" Taehyung whined, tugging on the edge of Hoseok's shirt from the ground where he lay.

"You're not bad either," Hoseok laughed. "Your personality really shows in every move you make, though."

"Huh?" Taehyung looked confused.

"Nah, it's just that when you dance, you move with a sort of peculiar bounce and your moves give a feeling of.. Taehyung, somehow. I don't know how to describe it," Hoseok tried to explain. "It's not a bad thing though, everyone has their own style when they dance."

Seokjin slumped down next to Taehyung, chugging down a bottle of water. "Not me," he said, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. "I feel and look like a block of wood when I try to dance."

"Aww, you're not that bad," Hoseok tried to comfort the eldest trainee, patting his back.

"Yeah, he is," snorted Yoongi from his seat on the bench diagonally across the room and Namjoon snickered tiredly beside him.

Seokjin scowled at them. "You two're not all that good yourselves, either," Hoseok countered, standing back up and beckoning them all back to their positions. 

Sighing and groaning, the five trainees joined him in front of the mirror. "All right, one more time!" Hoseok said, and the music begain to play once again.

 

 - - - - - - - - ♦ - - - - - - - - 

"So, how did you two come to join Big Hit?" Seokjin asked. The six of them were sitting in a circle on the floor, resting after their dance lesson. They had ordered some Jajangmyun to celebrate their first day together and were waiting for the delivery to arrive.

Deborah felt her face reddening as she recalled the fiasco her audition had been. Thankfully, Taehyung answered first.

"I heard your song, "Satoori Rap". I love that song, it's so cool! When I heard they were looking for new members, I wanted to join this group, so I auditioned. It was fun, actually," he shrugged. The others stared at him, slightly taken by surprise. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter