Start

Comet ☄
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A/N. Hey guys! From now on, I'll be including some scenes from the future, when Bora is a member of the mixed-gender group Comet. (Please see the FOREWORD for the details on the members!!)  

Also, here's the link for the live performance of Wild Eyes by Shinhwa! https://youtu.be/s7C16v-bq_w

  For those who don't know Shinhwa, they're the oldest existing K-Pop group - practically a legend. Shinhwa is a 6 member boy band that debuted wayyy back in 1998 (!!!!!!) and are still active even now. They have a solid fan base and they recently released their 13th album, in 2016.  

Wild Eyes is a song released in 2001, and there's a dance cover by the SM rookies, that you can check out here. https://youtu.be/8D8iL3wrvMU

  Shinhwa back in 1998 Shinhwa in 2016

 

- - - - - - - - - ♦ - - - - - - - - - 

Flash Forward -> 2016

Bora leaned back in her chair, trying to calm her nerves. Her heart was beating so hard, she felt as if her body was actually jerking up and down to the pounding rhythm.

"-rah. Deborah!" She jerked upright, eyes shooting open.

"Huh? Yes?" she asked, looking around disorientated.

"Come on, we have to go now." Soon, the oldest member of Comet, held out a hand to help her up.

"Ok," she muttered, taking his hand gratefully. She had to get herself together - she was the leader of Comet. It was her job to calm the members down, boost their confidence and lead them on stage, not freak out on her own.

This was their debut stage. They needed to make a good first impression. She shook herself mentally and glanced at the others.

MinA was muttering her lines to herself, pacing around in a small cercle, nervously biting her nails out of habit. Jiho, beside her, kept slapping her hands away every time they got close to , making her glare at him. Juhwan looked as imperturbable as ever, but his twitching fingers gave his nervousness away. Soon was simply smiling calmly, relaxed and unworried, beside her. And she, the leader, was close to having a panic attack.

"Hey," Soon said in a low soothing voice, massaging her tense shoulders as they stood in the crowded hallway, waiting for their turn. "Relax."

"Yeah." She let out a shaky breath, biting her lip, before beckoning the members closer. "All right, guys, this is it," she said, pushing her nervousness to the back of her mind. "This is what we've all worked our asses off for, so let's go out there and blow the world away, alright?" She looked each of the members in the eyes. "I have confidence in you - in us."

A staff member ran upto them, motioning towards the door at the end of the hallway. She nodded at him, then turned back to her group. "Come on. Let's go and just have fun. Enjoy the stage; that's the most important thing." She grinned, holding out a hand. The others grinned back, adding their hands to the small stack.

"1, 2, 3, Hwaiting!!" they cheered.

Taking a deep breath, Deborah turned and stepped out the door into the new world full of blinding lights and deafening screams.

- - - - - - - - - ♦ - - - - - - - - - 

Back to the present -> 2010

"Sorry I'm late!" Bora panted, bursting into the practice room. The others were already present, seated in a row facing Hoseok, who had called a special meeting that day. The guys murmured greetings as she hurriedly dumped her bag and came to join them. She sat down next to Taehyung.

"Alright," Hoseok said, clapping his hands to get their attention. "It's been a month since Bora and Taehyung joined the group. Since it was your first month, you didn't have to pass last month's monthly evaluation, but this time you'll be joining the rest of us for the test.

Basically, it's just a monthly check-up to see how much you've improved during 4 weeks. You'll have it every single month from now on, so you should get used to preparing for it. Now, what you have to do is showcase your skills in front of Bang PD-nim, the teachers and some of the producers, so you should focus on showing them the new things you've learnt." he paused.

"Yoongi hyung, Namjoon, Seokjin hyung, you already know how it works, so I was thinking that each of us could maybe take charge of one of the maknaes and help them prepare for this month's eval, which will take place in 3 weeks." The older members nodded in agreement.

"Each of you should think about what you're going to present: you can either sing and dance at the same time, or sing and then dance, separately. We also have to decide whether we're going to perform as a group or if each one will do their own thing. What do you think?" Hoseok asked.

Some time later, Hoseok came up to her. "Bora-yah, Namjoon and Seokjin hyung are going to help Taehyung, so Yoongi hyung and I will be helping you prepare. Is that alright?"

"Of course," she said and Hoseok smiled, relieved that things were going so smoothly.

"Have you decided the song you want to present, yet?" Yoongi asked, plopping down by her side.

"No," she said, frowning. She scrolled down through the list of tracks on her mp3, undecided.

"Hey, how about this?" Hoseok asked, laying his phone down in the middle of their little cercle and hitting play. Oh! by SNSD began playing, and Bora wrinkled her nose.

"No," she said firmly. "Too girly. If I had to do that I would need a whole group of girls. I'm not doing that alone."

Yoongi snorted slightly. "Too girly," he grinned. "What are you then, a guy?"

Rolling her eyes, she threw him a quick jab to the ribs. After some minutes looking up songs, she spoke up excitedly.

"Oh, how about this?" She turned up the vo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter