Chapter three

How to: Get a Gay Boyfriend in 7 Days
excited

Title: How to: Get a Gay Boyfriend in Seven Days
Rating: PG-13
Genre: Romance, Comedy, a bit of Drama
Pairing(s): Yunjae, Taesu, and surprise couples ;D
Characters: Yunho, Jaejoong, Junsu, Changmin, Yoochun, Taeyeon, Tiffany, Yuri, Hyuncheol (Karam), & Hyori.
Minior characters: Chaeyeon, Solbi, Minyoung, Sunghee, Shinhye, Super Junior, and tba.
Summary: When they were kids, Yunho and Jaejoong were the best of friends. But as the years passed they slowly grew apart until one day they just slipped away from each other's lives, taking separate paths. Jaejoong became the intellectual, straight A student while Yunho was the part of the popular crowd. Ever since Jaejoong can remember, he had always dreamt of Yunho. The confused Jaejoong would always tell his friends about them and they could only conclude one thing. So, they collided their brain power and came up with (what they think) the greatest plan to get a Gay Boyfriend.
 


Jaejoong blinked with a dumbfounded expression on his face. At that moment, he really could not believe that Yunho was standing in front of his house with his luggage. That seemed like something that would happen in a dream, right?

A few seconds passed and Jaejoong did not move a muscle.

So, Yunho tried again, with a cute chuckle (Jaejoong would’ve thought, if he wasn’t too distracted with figuring out how he was going to know if it was a dream or not) he said—actually before Yunho could open his mouth, a light lit in Jaejoong’s mind and swiftly shut the door at his face.

There, stood, a confused Yunho. He blinked, his brows creasing as he tried to think of what he did wrong. “Did I…come in at a bad time?” he asking himself.

Jaejoong let go of the doorknob and gave himself a nice, hard smack in the face. “Ow!” he hissed when he felt the sharp pain. “Crap,” he bit his lower lip as he rubbed his red cheek, “So…he really is…” he widened his eyes when he realized what he had just done. Quickly, Jaejoong opened the door again right when Yunho was about to turn around and leave.

“Uh—sorry, just—I saw a spider in the door frame—“ Jaejoong blinked excessively and pursed his lips.

Yunho stared at him, tilting his head as a slow smile crept on his face. “Oh…um, sorry I didn’t call beforehand, your phone number changed and I couldn’t get through—I called Taeyeon noona though…” he nodded.

Wow…he’s so handsome up close, Jaejoong sighed mentally as a corner of his mouth curved into a small smile. He’s really got a small face but his mole is so cute… especially when he’s smiling. And his eyes are gorgeous, cat-like… I feel like they can see right through my inner soul and see my deepest and darkest secrets…and my dreams…of him…and me…

“She said that I could come whenever I was packed and…” he cocked an eyebrow, “Jaejoong?” he waved a hand in front of Jaejoong’s mesmerized look. “Hello?” he chuckled lightly, “You there?”

Jaejoong snapped out of his personal thoughts, “Oh—sorry,” he bit his lower lip, his eyebrows creasing. “I uh—“ he gulped, quick! Think of something! He’s probably thinking I was staring at him! Aiiiiish. “—I—there’s this uh—“ he pointed to his face, “a thing” then he blinked twice, “on your face.”

Yunho’s raised his eyebrows, “Oh, there is? Where?” He wiped his lips, he did eat earlier, maybe he had a smudge or something.

Jaejoong nodded, “You got it.”

“Thanks,” Yunho smiled at him.

Jaejoong’s mental state went haywire.

“So…” Yunho slipped his fingers into the front pockets of his jeans, “Can I come in?”

“Oh!” Jaejoong chuckled, totally forgetting, “Right, right. Please do,” he opened the door fully and took a step back.

Yunho held back a laugh, only allowing himself to smile as he entered the Kim’s household with his luggage behind him. “Wow,” he looked around, very impressed with all the changes they’ve made. Everything looked different from the last time he had visited, he actually doesn’t remember the last time. That’s how long ago it was.

“Uh…feel at home,” Jaejoong said as he closed the door behind Yunho. The younger man smiled, nodding softly once as his eyes stilled gazed about the room’s changes. “Thanks, Jaejoong-ah,” he glanced at him for a second before turning around to the living room and spotted open textbooks.

“No problem,” Jaejoong replied, walking pass him and back to his homework.

“Oh…were you doing homework?” Yunho placed his luggage beside the couch before taking a seat, looking over Jaejoong’s shoulder as he was sat on the floor, doing his homework. “Yeah,” Jaejoong answered, picking his pencil up and began writing again, “It’s alright.”

Yunho nodded with a smile, “Alright…cool.”

A few quite quiet long minutes of Jaejoong feeling Yunho watch him do his homework; Jaejoong finally broke the silence and looked up at him, “If you want, you can watch TV.” He took the remote and turned the TV on before passing the remote to Yunho. “Ah,” Yunho took the remote and smiled, “Thanks, Jaejoong.”

“Yep, no problem.” He said and was relieved that he could get back to doing his homework.

Yunho sighed, eyes on the TV screen as he surfed through channels. After a few minutes of viewing channels he wasn’t interested in, slowly Yunho’s eyes wandered back to watching Jaejoong. He himself didn’t know why he found Jaejoong more fascinating than the afternoon news but he did. Suddenly, he remembered how he and Jaejoong would do their homework together everyday after they had gotten home from school. Once, Jaejoong’s house was like Yunho’s too. But that was a long time ago.

Jaejoong was in the middle of finishing his math homework when he felt a pair of eyes piercing the back of his head again. He sighed, shaking his head lightly and continued—at least, tried to keep himself concentrated and not think about the fact that Yunho’s in his living room, alone in his home. Except he couldn’t, he just could not deal with the pressure of Yunho watching his every move—what if he wanted to scratch his because it itched? Or possibly burp out of nowhere? But when he was just about to turn his head around, the door opened.

“I’m home, Jaejoongie~” Taeyeon announced as she was taking the key out of the keyhole. Once she turned around she saw Yunho and Jaejoong looking at her.

“Hey,” Jaejoong smiled quickly then went back to doing his homework.

Yunho waved and smiled at her, “Hi, Taeyeon noona!”

“Hey, Yunho-yah” Taeyeon smiled, walking a few steps toward the two, “You’re here!” she glanced at his luggage and nodded, “Great. Your parents just went off this morning, right?”

Jaejoong stopped writing.

Yunho nodded, “Yeah, they said thank you for letting me stay here in such short notice,” he scratched the back of his head with an embarrassed smile.

Jaejoong blinked a few times, tilting his head to the right slightly.

“Oh, no problem,” Taeyeon wrinkled her nose and waved the unnecessary thanks, “You’re like family,” she smiled. “And I’m sure you and Jaejoong will have lots of fun this week.”

“This week?” he whispered to himself before turning around to Taeyeon, “He’s staying here for the whole week?” he blinked.

“Yeah,” Taeyeon answered, “Didn’t I tell you?”

Jaejoong scoffed, “No—I did not hear nor see nor smell or feel about Yunho staying for the whole week.”

Yunho blinked, creasing his eyebrows.

Taeyeon sighed, “Well, I’m sorry. I guess I forgot,” she shrugged.

Then the door opened again, “Yoyo yo, kids~”

Taeyeon turned, smiling brightly, “Unnie~” she hugged the eldest Kim: Hyori. She chuckled, patting Taeyeon’s back, “Hey Taeng,” she pressed a kiss to the side of her head. “Has Jaejoong behaved while noona was—oh,” she blinked when she saw Yunho.

Yunho smiled again and waved, “Hi, Hyori noona.”

“Hey, kiddo” she chuckled, “You look all grown up!”

That made Yunho laugh, “Oh…it’s just puberty.”

Hyori nodded softly, smiling, “Whatcha doing here?”

“Oh, he’s staying with us for a week because Mr. And Mrs. Jung are abroad for their anniversary,” Taeyeon answered.

“Ah, alright, alright,” Hyori smiled, “Awesome for Jaejoongie, now you’ve got a playmate 24/7” she teased.

Jaejoong did not respond positively. He closed his books and gathered his things, “I’m tired. I’m going to bed,” he excused himself and climbed the stairs as fast as he could.

Hyori crossed her arms, cocking an eyebrow, “What’s wrong with him?”

---

“Jaejoong?” Hyori knocked on Jaejoong’s bedroom door, “Can I come in?”

After a few moments, Jaejoong replied with a groan.

She sighed, rolling her eyes before twisting the doorknob open, “I’m coming in.”

Jaejoong sighed, rolling around in his bed when Hyori entered his room, “What’s going on, kiddo?” she asked, closing the door behind her before walking toward Jaejoong. Once again, he replied with another groan. “Please speak in the language I can understand,” she chuckled lightly, taking a seat on the edge of his bed, “I thought you’d be happy with having Yunho here again.”

That made him stop moving around. He pouted and sat up with a complete bed hair even though he hadn’t slept yet. “It’s just…Taeyeon noona didn’t tell me beforehand!”

Hyori raised an eyebrow, “Really? Why? Did you want to doll up for Yunho’s arrival?” she teased again. Jaejoong grumbled, “No…”

She chuckled, nudging her little brother gently. “Then what? You guys were the best of friends when you were little kids. I remember you two were always together…I’ve always wondered what happened…” she paused. “But, who knows? Maybe by the end of this week, you and Yunho will become best buds again. Don’t you want that to happen?”

“Yeah…but—“ Jaejoong sighed, hopeless. “It’s just…he’s gonna be living here for a week.”

Hyori let out a chortle, “Uh-huh. And?”

“You know—“ he blinked.

“I don’t know, please do share.” Hyori had an amused smile on her face.

“He…eats a lot.” Jaejoong blinked.

Hyori laughed, wrapping an arm around Jaejoong and shook her head, “Aigoo. It doesn’t matter, we’ve got lots of food. Your Sunghee noona’s visiting us tomorrow, we can ask her to cook us extra food for our guest and we can go grocery shopping too.”

“But—“ Jaejoong sighed.

“Jaejoong-ah,” she cupped his cheeks, “Do you know that life rarely gives second chances?”

Jaejoong blinked and shook his head.

“This. Life letting Yunho stay with us for a week is that rare, once in a lifetime second chance for you and him to become best friends again. I thought you missed being friends with him—probably why you dream about him so often too.”

“But—“

Hyori shook her head, “No buts. It’s okay if you feel nervous or awkward, that happens. Just be yourself and I’m sure you guys will click. Yunho’s a great person and I can tell that even though you and him aren’t so alike, you still have similarities and I bet he misses you too.”

Jaejoong sighed, “Oh…alright,” he gave up. There was no use, his noona was going to keep going on and on and on.

She smiled, “There’s my little Jaejoongie~” she kissed his forehead, ruffling his hair affectionately. “Now go downstairs and entertain Yunho, he’s been watching TV all this time while Taeyeon and I were making dinner.”

“Alright, alright. I’ll be right down.” Jaejoong nodded, giving his older sister a smile.

“Ok~” Hyori got up and walked to the door, “You’ve got two minutes or else I’m going to start telling Yunho about your dreams,” she smiled sweetly before closing the door.

“Aiiiish,” Jaejoong grunted and stood up. “Coming, coming, coming!” he said as he opened the door and got downstairs. He saw Yunho on the couch, watching some cartoons. “Hey,” Jaejoong took a seat behind him.

“Hey,” Yunho glanced at him with a smile.

“Uhm…sorry,” Jaejoong sighed softly, “I wasn’t upset at you…I was just…really annoyed with this one math problem I was stuck on."

Yunho turned to him with a chuckle, “Oh. It’s alright.”

Jaejoong replied with a soft smile, “Cool…” and turned his head toward the TV.

“So…uh, is it hard to have AP classes?” Yunho asked.

“Hmm…yeah,” Jaejoong nodded, glancing at Yunho, “I’ve got loads of homework,” he frowned, “But it’s rewarding, I guess,” he chuckled lightly. “I get credits for college early,” he smiled.

“That’s good,” Yunho nodded, “I don’t think I could handle AP classes though, honors is good enough,” he chuckled. “I already pull my hair out from those formulas, I think if I take AP classes I’ll be bald before college.”

Jaejoong laughed, “If you want, I can help you out with your homework,” he offered.

“Really?” Yunho smiled at the offer.

“Yeah, you’ve got finals coming up right?”

“Oh…” he frowned, “Yeah,” he grumbled under his breath.

Jaejoong smiled lightly, completely at ease. “What’s your grade right now?”

“Uhh…” Yunho sighed, “It’s between C+ and B- right now—but I haven’t been turning in homework lately cause of practice…so it’s probably a low C now and if I bomb the test I’ll jump from a C to an F.”

“Oh man…” Jaejoong made an unsure expression, “But… no worries!” he nodded. “I can help you,” he smiled.

“I should’ve asked you earlier but you always seemed so busy,” Yunho’s eyes were back to the screen.

“I…do?” Jaejoong blinked at Yunho.

“Yeah,” Yunho nodded, “You’re always got some project board and some papers,” he chuckled lightly. “And you’re always walking with a purpose in the halls. At lunch—“ he blinked, “Well, at lunch I don’t know what you do cause I rarely see you and when I do, it’s inside a classroom. I saw you in… uh…anime club? I think,” he blinked, “once,” he smiled.

Jaejoong bit his lower lip and wanted to tell him it was a anime club but he decided to leave that part out. But, listening to Yunho, he realized how involved he was with so many things. It was true. He was in the student body committee, he was involved in various clubs such as anime, cooking, music, poetry, and Japanese club—every single day he had a club to go to at lunch. Jaejoong actually thought of the opposite, that Yunho had a busy life and he didn’t, when all along it was the other way around.

“Aren’t you in clubs too?” he asked.

“Yeah,” Yunho nodded, “I’m in Pokemon club and community service club but that’s it—you, probably have like six.”

“Hey,” Jaejoong laughed lightly, nudging Yunho, “Are you making fun of me?”

Yunho chuckled, “No,” he nudged him back, “Just praising the awesome, dedicated Kim Jaejoong, who has the superior brain out of the whole entire class. Not only that but is he ever so handsome and talented, kind hearted and has a perfect smile,” Yunho beamed a smile that could be on a toothpaste commercial, even adding the sound effect of shine reflecting, “Ting~”

“Yaaah” Jaejoong laughed, Yunho snickering along with him.

Just then, the front door swung open. “PARTY PEOPLE IN DA HOUSE SAY AYYY GIIIRL!”

“AYYY GUURLL” Changmin and Junsu repeated with silly laughter behind Yoochun. “WASSSUP YA’LL!”

Jaejoong’s and Yunho’s laughter died down, their eyes on the three.  

Yoochun smiled, waving at the two, “Hey guys—hey, Yunho!” he smiled wider, “Long time no see, man!” While Changmin and Junsu smiled, sharing small snickers amongst themselves.

Yunho chuckled, “Hey guys, haven’t seen you in a while.” He raised his right hand and did a handshake with Yoochun. “Just came back from the states?”

“Yup,” Yoochun nodded, pointing to Junsu and Changmin, “They’re showing me around town, showing me what’s new—Jaejoong didn’t want to go cause he was too busy doing his homework to spend some quality time with his cousin.” Yoochun made a face at Jaejoong.

Hyori came from the kitchen, smiling when she saw Junsu, Changmin, and Yoochun. “So that’s what all the commotion’s about! The whole rebel crew is back, huh?” she chuckled. “Good timing, dinner’s almost ready! Just hang around for a few minutes, alright?”

The five high schoolers replied with ‘yeses’ and ‘yeps’ and ‘alrights’, taking a seat on the couch.

“What’re you guys watching?” Junsu asked as he raised an eyebrow at what he was seeing.

“I don’t know,” Yunho replied, “I was just surfing through channels really,” he chuckled.

“Oh,” Junsu chuckled too.

“Oh! You guys, Epic Meal time’s on!” Changmin grinned, “Go on Youtube, channel 107!”

“Oh yeah,” Yunho laughed lightly, remembering the schedule of the show and flipped to that channel. Jaejoong wrinkled his nose, “I don’t think it’d be a good idea for us to watch that right before eating dinner…”

But the other four ignored him.

“Ooooh gross—damn that’s a lot of bacon!” Changmin laughed.

“Look at all that fat!” Junsu stared at the calorie meter.

“That dude’s freaking drunk,” Yoochun lightly laughed.

“How are they going to finish all of that?” Yunho asked in amazement.

While, Jaejoong just watched in disgust.

“Guys! Time for dinner!” Taeyeon announced, clapping her hands.

---

When everyone was settled down and eating, Hyori kept glancing at Jaejoong and Yunho, who sat next to each other. Junsu was eating while staring at Taeyeon. Yoochun was poking at his food, his appetite gone after watching the program. Yunho and Jaejoong were eating normally while Changmin was totally focused with finishing everything in his plate.

“So, Yunho-yah. How’s school nowadays?” Hyori asked as she took another spoonful of rice in .

Yunho chewed and gulped before reply, “It’s good,” he nodded. “I’ve been busier than usual with practice and studying though, a little stressed,” he chuckled lightly. “And with all this college deadline stuff,” he shrugged, “I don’t know if I want to go to college.”

“Oh,” Hyori titled her head, “Jaejoong’s got his path all figured out,” she chuckled lightly. “He can help you with that, definitely,” she nodded. “I wisely advice you, Yunho-yah, to go to college,” she nodded again, “Essential things they’ll be teaching you there and it’s fun!” She smiled, “If you think high school’s fun, wait till college.

“Agreed,” Taeyeon laughed lightly, “You get to decide your own schedule when you’re in college. I hate waking up so early in the morning so I’ve got all my classes at noon” she smiled.

Yunho nodded, smiling to Jaejoong’s sisters. “I’ll look into it, my folks probably want me to take college anyway. They need someone to pass the business to.”

“Hmm, definitely,” Hyori nodded. “Although you may pass with good looks and great personality, it’s awesome bonus if you’ve got smarts too,” she winked at him, hinting. “Easier to get a crush.”

Yunho nodded softly, “I’ll try my best, noona.” He gave her a smile.

After eating and sharing stories about how their day went, they finished dinner.

“Alright, alright! Loser to Rock, Paper, Scissors will be cleaning up tonight!” Hyori announced, shaking her hand to get it loose.

Groans were heard through the dining table, as they too, readied their weapon.

“Rock! Paper! Scissors!”

Junsu and Changmin had rock while all the others had scissors. “Yes!” Junsu grinned and sat back, while Changmin got up and walked toward the fridge, “Do you guys have ice cream?”

Yoochun blew into his fist, chuckling nervously, “Oh man.”

Yunho laughed lightly, wiggling his fingers.

“Alright, second round,” Taeyeon chuckled, “Ready? Rock, Paper, Scissors!”

This time Yoochun, Taeyeon, and Hyori had paper while Yunho and Jaejoong both had rock.  

---

Yunho stood beside Jaejoong who was washing the dishes, “Is that how you guys decide who wash the dishes every time?” he chuckled. He couldn’t help but ask because it was rather an interesting way. Jaejoong glanced at him, nodding with a soft ‘yup’, he chuckled too, “You gotta be a master at rock-paper-scissors if you don’t want to wash the dishes around here.” He gave Yunho a wise advice in living with the Kim’s.

“Ah,” Yunho nodded, taking the cleaned dishes and rinsed them before putting them on the dish rack to dry overnight. “Got it,” he replied, “How about doing other chores, is it the same thing?”

“Hmm, nah. For that we’ve got a maid,” Jaejoong answered, “But she’s only around for a few hours. She just cleans the house overall so we rarely see her—remember Ms. Bongsun?” he chuckled.

Yunho blinked and let out a laugh, “Oh! Ms. Bongsun? She’s still working for you guys?”

“Mhm,” Jaejoong chuckled, “She’s still the same, y’know. And now that we’ve grown, she thinks we’re even more handsome. Her favorite’s Changmin nowadays but sometimes she’d ask why you don’t come to play anymore…” his smile slowly faded. Jaejoong glanced to the direction of the living room, hearing all the others chattering lively over some reality TV show.

“Sorry,” Yunho pursed his lips as he took another plate from Jaejoong’s stack and rinsed it. “It wasn’t like I just stopped because I didn’t like you guys or anything… it was just,” he shrugged, his lower lip jutted out as he tried to find the right words to explain his absence over the past years. “We liked different things, I guess. I mean—you liked being inside, doing science experiments and reading and computers while I liked being outside, playing sports and video games.” Yunho ended up chuckling awkwardly.

“I like playing video games too,” Jaejoong replied, a hint of a rebuttal in his tone. “It’s alright,” he sighed after a moment, “You don’t have to be sorry for anything. Those things happen all the time,” he shrugged again. “Sometimes friends just drift away, you know?”

Yunho let out a breath; “Old friends find each other again, though right?” he smiled at Jaejoong, who was concentrated with finishing the dishes.

Jaejoong only replied with a soft nod.

“Just hanging out with you guys again… it really made me realize what I’ve been missing out on,” he glanced again at Jaejoong, feeling as if Jaejoong wasn’t still so warmed up with him like before, when they were kids. When they were best friends.

“Yeah?” Jaejoong looked up at Yunho with a soft laugh, “A group of goof balls messing around with each other and sharing nerdy topics, that’s what you’ve been missing out on all these years, Yunho-yah. It’s not much.”

Yunho snickered, shaking his head with a soft smile lingering on his face. “Nah, there’s more to it than that,” he bumped his shoulder with Jaejoong’s lightly. “You wouldn’t know since you were never away from it,” he added, just in case Jaejoong was going to throw in something about the fact that Yunho was popular and that he had a girlfriend and that he had all these other great things. His last remark made Jaejoong gaze up at him as he scrubbed a pot, “Is that so?” he cocked an eyebrow.

Yunho nodded, “Yup,” and took the finished pot, rinsing it.

Jaejoong took a sigh of relief, finished with washing the dishes. He grabbed a page of paper towel, wiping away the small puddles on the counters before leaning back against the counter and watched Yunho, “I guess I can’t relate since what you said is true… but still, I’d imagine the life of Jung Yunho is a happy life, disregarding the fact that he has a group of dorky friends with him or not,” Jaejoong chuckled with crossed arms.

“Mmm,” Yunho shrugged as he finished off with rinsing the last dish and placed it on the rack with the other drying dishes. “It’s not as funny without you guys, I know that,” he chuckled, smiling at Jaejoong. “And not having a wife to do tickle time with,” Yunho gave Jaejoong this particular stare the older male couldn’t describe, “Life wasn’t as fun without it.”

Before Jaejoong could reply, Yunho just left him in the kitchen and into the living room to join everyone else. Jaejoong blinked, his eyebrows knotting together, why… does he keep doing that?

“And then we’re going to leave them alone—“

“Hey guys,” Yunho and Jaejoong appeared into the living room with soft smiles on their faces. “We’re done with the dishes,” Jaejoong announced before taking a seat on the couch beside Taeyeon, while Yunho took a seat next to Changmin.

“Oh,” Hyori smiled, blinking a few times and decided not to continue her sentence. “Good, we were just uh—watching TV,” she nodded once, averting her eyes to the screen. The others just kept their mouths closed, trying to look casual as possible. Junsu was just about to start whistling, but Yoochun nudged him just in time and hissed something about dying if he ruined their plans.

Junsu pursed his lips tighter.

After what seemed like an eternity of silence, Hyori clapped her hands together and said, “Well, kiddos! It’s time for bed! People who are not sleeping over, please kindly leave and go home~”

A unison of whines shortly came after.

“Noooonaaaa” Yoochun moaned, “Can’t I sleep over?”

“Nope, sorry” Hyori pouted, “You haven’t asked your folks and it’s too late now—besides, you just got back! I’m sure your umma wants to home safe and sound with her.”

Changmin sighed, standing up and stretched his arms with a soft yawn. “Guess we should go too.”

Jaejoong snorted, “You guys are being forced out.”

Junsu laughed as he stood as well, “Alrighties~” he sang as he made his way to the door with Changmin and Yoochun following him. The others followed, wanting to send them off before going off to bed themselves.

“Bye bye,” Jaejoong waved at his friends and cousin, smiling, “Walk safely!” 

Once all was sent home, Hyori closed the door and turned around, clapping her hands twice. “Alright, kiddies! Let’s go to sleep! Jaejoongie, please lead Yunho to his room,” she patted Jaejoong’s shoulder.

“I can just show him whichever guestroom right?“

Hyori shook her head, “No, silly,” she chuckled, “you guys are bunking together!"