It was the seasons that tied them together

Sweet Indulgent

It was late winter, and drifting into the early bits of spring that the queen found her.

“Oh, who would leave a small child out here like this?” Muttered the queen as she lifted the baby in her arms. “My, and she’s a little girl too.” She gasped when she heard the heartbeat of the baby, instantly her maternal instincts kicked in. A human. As her majesty took her daily stroll throughout the day, she discovered a basket, inside was the baby she was currently holding in her arms.

The queen cherished her features upon the first sight of the girl. Her nose was tall, her skin smooth, and despite being abandoned, her giggle and smile brought the queen a certain sort of joy being how the queen wanted a baby girl herself. Though the queen was happy she had a son, and even happier that her son would have someone to play with now.

The queen went on to tap the baby’s nose. “I think it’s about time that I take you to meet someone, my little miracle.”

The queen’s hanbok covered the child, keeping her warm from the small bite of cold outside. She entered the king’s quarters and waited for her husband to notice her standing there. But it didn’t take long because with the king’s acute sense of smell, he noticed something different and asks, “Darling, I do hope that you’re going to explain what you’ve been up to.”

The king’s wife couldn’t keep her smile at bay. “Your highness, I’ve found a little baby outside the gates. She’s the most beautiful little thing, you have to see her.”

His majesty smiled a bit, knowing how much his wife wanted a daughter, but if they were meant to birth a baby girl, then it would’ve been done. Though the king did want to take a peek and when he did, he agreed that she is the most beautiful thing he’s laid eyes on.

“But,” Started the king. “She’s human, my love. It is not safe for her to remain here, to grow here.”

“And you assume that it is safer to grow in a town where thieving, conniving men reap the streets with intentions to hurt her? We’re vampires, not monsters. A feeble thing such as her, would be eaten alive.” The queen explained with haste, holding the child even closer to her, silently setting in stone that she wanted to protect this baby. Now she spoke in a much softer tone, “Baekhyun would watch over her as well. Our son is kind and loves others greatly. He wouldn’t let one person lay a wrongful hand on her.”

The king’s eyebrows furrowed into a hard line. What his wife said was true, but he truly wanted to know how she created such a bond with this baby whom she’d met only minutes ago. “What makes this child so different from the others in the town?”

His wife took her eyes from the girl and shrugged, “It’s the gods blessing us with yet another gift. Who are we to disobey and go against their gift?”

The king sighed. His wife was such a romantic and with the way she was already fawning over, he knew right now that she was in no way going to give up this child. “You’d love her as if she’s your own?”

His wife smiled down at the girl. “Each and every day starting from now.”

“Do you have a name for this child?”

The queen turned to her husband with a blooming look on her face, “Doek Hye.”

 

And it was spring, she finally was used to her new friend. She was afraid, but his light brought her to him like the sun to a flower.

Little Deok Hye hid behind the tall willow tree, waiting for her playmate to catch her. It wouldn’t take him very long, but as she turned her head for a split second and thought she was in the clear, it startled her when Baekhyun was standing right there in front of her.

Baekhyun and she weren’t far in age at all, merely four years, but he grows rapidly, and soon enough he’ll stop growing altogether and live for eternity. She was ten and he was fourteen, and he thinks he’s too old to be playing hide-and-seek, but if it made her happy, he had no problem entertaining her.

“Found you.” Baekhyun tapped her shoulder as he stated with a taunting smirk on his face.

The girl stomped her foot as she threw a small tantrum. He always wins, it’s not fair! She turns her head defiantly from the boy in front of her and his amusement grows. He extends his hand to Deok Hye, knowing something else that’ll make her feel better. One thing that they both have in common is that they both enjoy the fresh air and the shining sun. Her mood would always deflate when the rain got in the way of her playtime.

As she was pouting and ignoring the young prince, he took her hand without her permission. “Let’s go to the field, it’s a good time to study.” Being the older one, Baekhyun took responsibility in her getting as much knowledge as she could.

Even through her wines and cries, the two sat in the tall grass infested with little yellow buds. A book sat in Baekhyun’s lap and the girl was still pouting. She could hold a grudge, that’s for sure.

“What’s troubling you?” Baekhyun asks as he picks flowers, weaving them into a crown. It was a trick his mother taught him, claiming that it’d win the heart of any girl he had his eye set on. When she didn’t answer, he prompted with, “Are you going to ignore me?”

Deok Hye gives in and slams the book closed, she wasn’t reading it anyway and it wasn’t making her feel any better. “Why don’t you let me win at least once? You always win.”

The boy quirked his eyebrow and finished up the crown and placed it gently on top of her head. “Would it make you happy if I let you win?”

The girls nods and plays the ends of her hair and mumbles, “It would. But I know you won’t do that.” It was her world famous pout that Baekhyun thought was the cutest part about her. She was a good girl, strong willed and listened well. Though she was mischievous and loved adventure. She’ll never tell, but she wishes to do more sit around and study all day.

Baekhyun couldn’t deny the truth and laughs. “You know me so well.” She rolled her eyes and at that, Baekhyun tuts. “Disrespecting me now, petal?”

She huffs, she doesn’t like the pet names she’s given anymore. She’s a big girl now and that meant that she should be called by her name. “I have a name you know. You rarely ever use it if you’re not mad at me.”

Her friend raises his eyebrows and sweeps some of her hair away. The queen used to tell her old love stories before she went to sleep. Stories of brave knights saving princesses in distress. She remembers how the queen used to describe what those princesses felt. Their hearts would race, their palms would feel clammy, and most of all, immense gratitude that would make their hearts twist. Deok Hye knew that Baekhyun was her friend, but maybe one day he could be like those prince’s in those stories she was read.

“I don’t want to use your name, it’s pretty, but I like the nicknames I give you better.”

Deok Hye twists in annoyance. He has such a hard head, nothing goes unless he says so, even in regards to her own name. “And why is that?” She stares at him head on. So little, but such a soul with so much fire.

Baekhyun shrugs and hands her one of the small yellow buds, “Because it’s my way of granting you my heart.”

 

The age of seventeen was tender for any age. It was fall, and both her and Baekhyun’s most cherished people, were now to be buried.

“And that poor boy,” One of Baekhyun’s aunts whispered as she eyed her nephew kneeling in front of his parents portraits. “Now has to take the kingdom and rule for himself.”

A voice she did not recognize spoke. Deok Hye took her eyes away from her mourning friend and watched the two women converse. “He’s smart and his father taught him well, all he has to do is marry. He’s at the age now where his transformation into a full vampire is complete.”

Her heart thundered in her chest because she didn’t like that, she didn’t like the sound of that at all.

“They had another child right?” Her breathing had stopped now, and when she went to glance at Baekhyun, he was gone now.

She heard one of them scoff. “She’s merely adopted, nothing royal about her.”

It was then that she realized her true purpose in this castle now. She wasn’t royal, she wasn’t like a princess in those tales, and she knows now that she needs to stay by her prince’s – no king’s side – from now on.

Not taking any more of this talk, she ran out of the crowded area and left to that little yellow field, which was now seen as dull from the foggy and rainy weather. She was panting and felt so alone, she was abandoned at birth, then rescued, only to be left alone once more.

“Aren’t they vampires? I thought they were supposed to live forever?” Deok Hye ripped angrily at the grass underneath her as painful tears streamed down her face.

But oh, what of her best friend? The one she’s to protect and serve from now on? Well, he was standing and watching her. It was when she hunched forward and wailed hysterically he stepped in.

“And that’s going to bring them back?” He asked softly. His body covered hers like a blanket. She felt his hands, those perfect hands, soothe her by rubbing her back in random patterns.

I have to protect you now. She told herself in her head, but with Baekhyun’s age and new found abilities, he could hear her thoughts. He laughed, his warm breath tickling her neck. “I think that should be the other way around, don’t you think?.”

She swallows. “I’ll be your servant from now on. I’m not fit to be a princess. It would ruin your reputation as king.”

Baekhyun frowned. He wondered what the hell had gotten into her that she would think so lowly of herself. “You are a princess, did my parents not raise you as their own?”

It was sweet, he was so sweet. Baekhyun had no void or strife embedded in him. A sad, small smile tugged at the corners of . “Let me do this, as a thank you. My king.”

 

She was nineteen and Baekhyun was now twenty-three. Summer, and there was an accident.

Protecting the castle from a few thieves that were butlers, betrayed the king. Baekhyun sent his precious Deok Hye away to protect her. As she was running away, one of those thieves, thinking she was a vampire, aimed a stake that would puncture her chest, but Baekhyun took the blow in her stead.

She turned around in horror to see her friend, slowly losing the light in his eyes like a wilting flower. Down to his knees and sputtering blood from his mouth, Baekhyun was about to accept and curse his death. He was going to leave her. The thief was killed by one of the guards, but the world around her went silent and in slow motion when she ran to Baekhyun, catching him in her arms before he collapsed to the ground.

“N-no…” She stuttered. There was only one way to save him. She could die if he didn’t control himself, but she didn’t care. She needs him to live, to thrive, and to survive as he should.

Deok Hye took her wrist to his mouth, the sweet scent of her blood wafting into his nose. He didn’t hesitate to let his instincts get the best of him and puncture her veins and let her thick blood coax his throat. When she tried to pull her hand away, Baekhyun’s eyes fluttered open and she could see some of the color come back to him. He kept her there, feeding more and more off the girl.

“Your majesty! You’ll kill her!” The voice warning Baekhyun was distant in her ears as the more she blinked, the fuzzier and darker her vision became. It was almost something out of Romeo and Juliet. She saved him, but now he nearly killed her. His one true muse in life was now barely clinging onto life just as he was only moments before. Baekhyun screamed in agony wondering what he’s done. He’d thought he’d lost her, and he almost did.

She awoke three days later, remembering very little and feeling very dehydrated. The girl couldn’t find her voice but Baekhyun heard her change in breathing, whipping his head to look at her. He felt so relieved.

He didn’t know what else to do that to rest his head on her chest and hold her frail and weak body carefully. “Don’t you ever try to save me again,” He sobbed quietly, almost like he didn’t want to admit how heartbroken and crushed he would’ve been if the gods would’ve taken her. “The moment I lose you is the moment I lose myself.”


A/N: I THINK THIS CHAPTER WAS SO SUPER SWEET OH MY GOD!!! I CAN'T STOP SQUEALING!!! i hope that you guys like it too, the song i was listening to while i was writing this gave me so many feels i feel so warm and snuggly aklgjaolg

also! i'd really love for you guys to really write out how you feel of my writing and chapters and such! it gives me a lot more help than you all realize and it gives me a lot of motivation as well~~! 

I asked this before in a blog posts lol but i dont think many people pay attention to those, but do you guys want me to make something like a twitter for you all to follow? I'd answer questions, post little drabbles and potential fic ideas, and even spoil and give hints here and there haha. let me know what you guys would want!

don't forget to check out this magazine i'm doing with my other friends, the link is down below

AFF Magazine

my story is put up and it's linked

here

comment there and i can respond!

yes i will be updating Teacher's Pet soon, I just need a bit of time haha, I want it to be a really good chapter for you guys!

okay...lol im gonna go now haha. this fic will end maybe next chapter, we'll see. comment, subscribe, vote, i love you all~

see you next time xoxo