It must be love...

Day By Day

Yumi’s day at work ended around 4 P.M., no students were around due to the annual employee seminar. She was humming as she walked towards the school’s exit. From a distance a familiar car was parked in front of the school gate. As she neared it, the car door opened and a cheery Yixing came out. And greeted her with his ever-so-amazing smile.

“You do realize that no students are present today, right?” Yumi said, smiling back at him.

Her heartbeat racing fast.

“I know that. I’m not here for them, if that’s what you’re asking. I’m here to take a lovely lady on a date” Lay replied, casually resting his back on the car door.

Yumi laughed, “Oh really? Is she around then? I bet she’s excited.”

“Of course she is. She’s standing right in front of me.” Lay grinned, walking near her almost closing their distance that Yumi felt her cheeks blush,

“I thought our date would be this Friday?” She asked looking at his eyes.

 He casually shrugged,”Yeah, well…I couldn’t wait that long.”

“Ah. I see your point…” Yumi nodded,

“And what are the plans for today?” she added.

Lay pretended to think, he already had something in mind.

“Just you wait…” he replied, winking at her. She laughed at him again,

“Fine. But let’s not take your car….”

“Huh? What do you mean?” Lay asked, an eyebrow raised.

“Let’s take a bus or the train…” Yumi replied.

“Why? Is there something wrong with my ca–”

“No. There is nothing wrong… I just want to try it. Besides, it will give us more time to talk and it feels more adventurous.” Yumi explained. Lay chuckled,and nodded,

“Alright. Whatever the lady wants. I should park this around here then.”.

“Good idea. I’ll wait by the gate.” Yumi said before Lay got into his car and looked for a parking space.

They stood standing in front of each other in the subway, Yumi could smell the faint smell of his cologne. Her height barely reached hia chest, good thing she was wearing heels. “It’s been a long time since I rode the rail transit…” Lay commented. “I noticed.” Yumi replied. The train ran smoothly but still Yixing gave a protective hold of Yumi’s waist. Yumi tried to organize her baffled thoughts… “Which station are we going off again?” “Chungmuro.” “Is it still far?” “Not really… I think it’s one station away.” Lay replied. For all honesty, Yumi’s idea to travel by commute was due to good intentions. She wanted to talk longer with him, but her voice seemed to be swallowed by her own emotions.

Yixing couldn’t help but smile as he watched Yumi’s astonished face while looking at the vast field of roses. A grand sign stood in the center and what is written says:

“Sky Rose Garden.”

“This is amazing, Yixing.” Yumi said, turning to face him.

“Well you said that on our 2nd date, I should bring you another rose… Well, I kinda figured that I should just bring you to an entire field full if it.” Lay explained, he picked up her hand and held it.

“Should we enter? We can eat, of do some exploring…We can take pictures if you want…” he said. Yumi smiled at him,

“Whatever’s fine, as long as you’re here.” Yixing felt a warmth in his chest, he chuckled

“Let’s go then, there’s more to see.”

“You’re hemophiliac?!” Yumi replied, surprisingly looking at Lay.

 “Yes. I’m fine as long as I don’t get cut or anything…” Lay said.

 Yumi suddenly took the blush-colored rose that he was holding. They were seated at bench, watching the sky as it sets. “This might have thorns…” Yumi muttered, inspecting the stem.

Lay grinned,”Are you concerned?”

“Of course I am! That’s serious thing to have!” Yumi replied. He laughed at her,

“I know. I know…”

“Hm, let’s talk about something else…” Yumi said, turning so she could face him.

“Like what?”

Yumi frowned, “I want to know you more. You ask questions about me, but you barely talk about yourself…”

 “There’s not much to know really.” Lay mumbled. Yumi sighed, discontented”I don’t think so…C’mon just say anything.”

“I’m a CEO.”

 “Oh as if I don’t know that already.” Yumi complained, crossing her arms.

 He looked at her, “I like music. And I write songs sometimes.”

Yumi’s eyes brightened up, and sat up

“Really? So does that mean you can sing?” He laughed, then tucked a stray hair behind her ear,

“I guess I can.” Yumi smiled,

“Then you’ll have to let me hear you someday. Not here, ‘cause I’m sure you won’t do it around these people…” Yixing playfully rolled his eyes,

“Sure, I will.”

“Promise?” Yumi asked, raising her pinky finger.

 Lay raised his, and intertwined it with hers, “Promise.”

***

“Yumi-ssi.”

“Oi, Yumi.”

“YUMI.”

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes to Chanyeol as they both watched Yumi ignore them because she was busy giggling over some text messages and at the same time she was busy typing her replies.

It was the morning after her 2nd date with Lay. And to put is shortly? She was not over it. They were sitting at the dining room eating breakfast, but Yumi was completely distracted. Chanyeol threw a balled up tissue at Yumi’s face.

“Ow! WHAT?” Yumi complained, finally talking to them.

“We’ve been trying to get your attention for the past 3 minutes.” Baekhyun said, frowning at her. “Yeah. The food’s getting cold. And isn’t it too early for flirting?” Chanyeol teased.

Yumi threw the balled up tissue back to him, “Whatever, oppa.”

“Your smile is reaching you ears, Yumi-ssi. Are you still not over your date with ‘Call me Lay’?” Baekhyun asked.

Yumi had to hid her face sideways, as she smiled. Last night, Yixing drove her home and did not just simply bid her goodbye. But he gave a hug. A hug that was so warm that Yumi could swear she could still feel his arms wrapped around her.

“Yumiiiiiii” Baek sang.

 “Just ignore her.” Chanyeol muttered.

Yumi finally dropped her phone on her lap and started eating. Her brother, and Baekhyun was watching her. She smiled at them, “Such a good day,isn’t it?

Baekhyun amusely glanced at Chanyeol, then back to her,

“Oh, trust me. We can tell.”

---End Of Chapter---