Goodbye

Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2030

 

As soon as Sana’s uncle and auntie stepped into the house, Jeongyeon knew she was screwed.  All the people that she could meet in the future, she met the two who saw her disappeared at that night.

 

“Sorry for being late...things in the police station held us up.”  Sana’s auntie said.  “You’re all good, we were just talking to our guest.”  She paused, “Let me introduce you, Jeongyeon. Sana’s friend.”  Ms. Minatozaki said the word friend differently to tease the two’s relationship.  “Jeongyeon, this is Jihyo.  My step-sister.”

 

“Oh..hey. Jeongyeon, nice to meet you.”  She looked at Jeongyeon in the eye.  “...This is my husband, Jackson.  JACKSON get your over here!”  Jeongyeon bit her lip and tried to avoid eye contact with Sana’s uncle, who had already dyed his hair black.

 

“It’s you…” Jackson’s eyes widened, but quickly with his wife’s nudge in the stomach, he pretended nothing have happened.  “Hey, Jackson here.  Nice to meet you.”  He steps away from the latter and did a backflip effortlessly.  Jeongyeon swallowed hard as Jackson’s eye was glaring at her.

 

“There you go again...Uncle Jackson, such a show-off.” Sana joined in and cling her arms around Jeongyeon’s. “Dinner’s ready.”  Jackson’s glare seemed to fade when his niece stepped in.  “Let’s go eat then.”

 

“So, where are you from Jeongyeon?” Jackson asked.  Sweat started forming on Jeongyeon’s forehead, “Iowa...sir.  Just moved here.  Alone,” She added.  “You know, I met someone that looks really similar to you…”  Jackson continued.  “Really, when?” Sana asked with amusement.

 

“Like 14 years ago.  I remember I was still a normal officer at that time.  Following orders of this microphone.”  He looked at his wife.  “Just shut your mouth, Jackson.” Jihyo exchanged looks with him.  “That’s weird, hey?” Sana said as she looked at the short haired girl.  Jeongyeon nodded, “You know...there are 7 people in the world that look similar to you?  Like...people had tested and it showed there are actually ‘doppelgangers’ of you...isn’t that cool?” She tried to change the topic.

 

“That is really interesting indeed.” Mr. Minatozaki agreed.  “Well, I don’t.” Jackson said quickly, “I stopped believing science stuff 14 years ago.”  Sana sighed, “Here again, Uncle Jackson will start talking about someone disappearing in front of his eyes...Don’t listen to his Jeongyeon.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter