Friend

Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1985

 

The rain was pouring outside but Jeongyeon had the urge of seeing Dahyun.

 

Knocking at Dahyun’s house at 11 isn’t crazy right?  She thought about it before knocking at her front door.  Screw it.

 

“Dahyun?  It’s me, Jeongyeon... ”   Jeongyeon kept knocking but there was no answer.  She was sure the eagle was inside because Jeongyeon could see from the outside, the light was shining out from Dahyun's room.

 

“Dahyun, I-” Jeongyeon then twisted the doorknob, it was unlocked.  Jeongyeon stepped into the house slowly, “Dahyun?  Ms. Kim?”  She could find Dahyun’s books on living room and her bag been opened.

 

From belongings, Jeongyeon could imagine her tossing her books out of the bag as she was finding something.  Something didn’t feel right so the latter went up the stairs, into Dahyun’s room.

 

*****

 

And there she found Dahyun lying on the floor, panting hard.  The dream was real, she was...

 

“.”  Jeongyeon dropped down to the floor and shook Dahyun.  “Dahyun?  Can you hear me?”

 

“Jeong…Ahh…”  Jeongyeon could see Dahyun’s suffering in front of her.  “I...I… will call for help.”  Jeongyeon stood up and looked for the phone.

 

“No…  Don’t leave me.”  Dahyun grabbed her hand, “Stay.”

 

“Dahyun, trust me.  I can help you.”  Jeongyeon looked her in the eye.  Dahyun eyes were watery, “There’s.... no time to go to the hospital… Just-”

 

“No.”  Jeongyeon grabbed the watch out of her pocket, “I got all the time.  Come on.”  Dahyun shook her head, “Just let me… go.  I… want to r-rest...”

 

“I am not letting you die.” Jeongyeon held Dahyun in her arms.  Dahyun had a small laugh, “Before you came… I had this weird dream about me... and you going out.  I was about to confess-”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter