Run

Lovers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2016

 

"Come on...come on..."  Jeongyeon kept saying while she was running.  She wasn't running from anyone, she was running to someone.  Rain drops were falling down from the sky, making the sky darker as usual.  It was only 5pm in America but it felt like night time.  With a sharp turn, Jeongyeon managed to not slip and rushed into the hospital.

 

"Where...is..the patient...Son Chaeyoung..." Jeongyeon said to the lady at the front counter.  She just ran from her high school to the hospital, without stopping.

"Son Chaeyoung is still in the Emergency room...please wait-"

 

Jeongyeon left the lady and headed to the emergency room.  It was complete chaos, there were some patients sat down on the floor holding bandages for themselves, crying and could be heard throughout the floor.  Of course, it was chaotic, there was a horrible car accident.  Somehow, Son Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon's younger sister was involved.

 

Jeongyeon looked for her sister but still no sign of her.  Maybe she wasn't on the bus today...  Maybe she sneaked into that cafe and hung out with her friends...  Jeongyeon used her eyes and scanned the room once again until her eyes landed on a bed where there was a crowd of doctors.

 

"Stay with me...okay?"  Jeongyeon walked closer and heard the doctor said.

"Someone contact this patient's family!"  Someone in the crowd shouted.

Jeongyeon took one step closer and peeked through the doctors.  And there was her sister, lying unconsciously on the bed with someone performing CPR on her.  "Stay with me..."  The doctor continued until he heard the sound of the long beep. "...Time of death, 6:24."  The doctor threw his gloves and shook his head.  All she did was stood there and looked at her sister, who was already was gone from her life.  

"NO!!!" Jeongyeon fell on her knees and cried.  "Son Chaeyoung...come on, wake up...it's not funny...come on, wake up..."  She kept shaking her sister and hoped she would wake up.

 

"I am so sorry...but these are Miss Son's belongings...please check if anything is missing."

"Nothing...it's missing..." Jeongyeon didn't even bother checking.  The doctor gave Jeongyeon a pad on the shoulder and left.  Jeongyeon wiped her tears and sat down on a chair outside the hospital.  The cold breeze gave Jeongyeon a shive

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter