Know my heart

she moved with shameless wonder (the perfect creature rarely seen)

"Tzuyu," Sana calls for the girl that had her eyes glued outside the thick-glassed wall overlooking the city of Seoul. Tzuyu's head slowly turns to face Sana, who had her feet resting on the long couch like she owned it. Tzuyu sets her coffee down at the table in front of her. "Yes?" 


"Why do you kill?" Sana doesn't care if she ever goes over the line. She couldn't take it anymore, not really knowing her. Tzuyu glances over Sana amd stares at her like she'd just said something disapproving. 


"I'm ordered to," Tzuyu says impassively, sitting at the brown couch facing towards the other girl. Sana tilted her head. "By who?" 


"Kim Taehyung," Tzuyu answers. Sana was shocked at how the man's name slips through her tongue like the name wasn't that dangerous. She hasn't heard the name, nor seen it. She guesses that the man wasn't known by the police. 


Sana sighs. "Why are you telling me his name? I could report him to the police, you know." she grabs the mug that Tzuyu was sipping coffee earlier and finishes with only one slurp. Tzuyu arches a brow at the doing. 


"I trust you," those words, Sana doesn't want to hear those words again from Tzuyu but with trusted exchanged. She doesn't want to let her down, she wouldn't dare, because she knows that'll let her down too. 


"Is it easy for you to kill?" Sana doesn't stop with the questions. She wants to get to know the girl, she really does. And Tzuyu doesn't mind, she really doesn't. 


The question made Tzuyu think. She answers in a few seconds. "Maybe." 


"What do you mean, maybe?" 


"It isn't hard, though it isn't easy, too," Tzuyu explains. She makes herself more comfortable on the couch. Tzuyu's tone doesn't change at all. "Once I get assigned to kill this certain people, I tell myself that it's okay, I'm just going to kill. But no, killing is something that isn't a 'just', it's a decision. And I just happen to decide that I kill." 


Sana admires her and her words. Her expression was always soft when around her, and she doesn't know why. Or maybe she does. "What do you get from it?" 


"Money, lots of it," Tzuyu stands spontaneously, walks over the kitchen and decides to brew another coffee. Now Sana thinks that she made a mistake for drinking the coffee earlier, and she cusses herself. 


"Why do you need money, though?"


"You see, I don't have a home." Tzuyu faces her side, and Sana sees her, what she thinks, beautiful profile that was completely calm. "I'm only 18, I escaped from that adoption house thing, I don't know what it's called, and decided to live around here. Then Taehyung finds me." 


"You, you're 21, came here to study in college and now you have a job as a teacher at my stupid school. Lucky for you," although those words looked sarcastic, Tzuyu doesn't have it in her voice. Sana just nods. 


The three were still at the hotel. It was 2 o'clock in the morning, the streets weren't that busy, but at least it was silent. Mark is deep asleep on the couch, because they couldn't afford three beds for a room (or if there even is one). Mark just snuck through the window and god knows how he got up to the 2nd floor. 


"Does Mark go with you?" 


Tzuyu shooks her head. "No," she walks back towards the couch and sits in the same position as last time with a mug of coffee in hand. "But he doesn't know how to parkour. Actually he does. But I do the killing. He helps to hide the body. And distract. That's what I like about him, he's creative and think logically." 


Wow, these two are really best of friends, Sana thinks to herself. "Sounds fun," she sees Tzuyu glance at her. "I mean, without the killing." 



Morning has arrived, and Tzuyu wasn't at the room anymore. Mark, however, was still there, drinking coffee. Is coffee all this hotel had?


"Hey," Sana calls Mark, rubbing her eyes to get rid of the blurry vision. Sana gets his full attention. "Where's Tzuyu?" 


"Ah, I knew you were going to ask that," he grins, Sana rolls her eyes. "Don't worry, she's not going on a killing rampage. She's meeting up with that guy." 


"Kim Taehyung?" Sana is still half asleep, and she doesn't really hear or know what she's saying. Mark's eyes widen. "How do you know that?" he leans forward. 


Sana stops rubbing her eyes and checks herself on the mirror. Seeing hairs sticking out, she mutters in disgust and fixes herself. "I just know." 


"Hey, where do you live?" the question just pops off out of nowhere. Mark returns to reading this novel with thick pages and was even thicker with a leather covering. "I live with Tzuyu. We go from hotel to hotel." 


Sama chokes on thin air. Some how, she always chokes on air whenever she's with Mark. She finds it ridiculous. "What?" 


"My situation is almost the same as Tzuyu's, don't be shocked. Are you jealous or something?" Mark exhales a laugh, eyes still glued at the book. Where'd he get that book? Sana asks herself. 


"No," Sana denies. Mark tears his gaze from the book to Sana and stares at her. "How would I be jealous? You don't like her anyways." 


"Yeah, but you act like one." 


"I don't!" 


A slam on the door interrupted the two's argument and Mark jolts up from his seat, letting the book slip from his hands. He quickly runs up to Sana and grabs her wrist. There were two men pointing guns at both of them, each one with different targets, and Sana doesn't really knows how to react. 


Mark pulls her towards the thick glass of a wall and pushes their bodies together, Mark smashing the glass with only his back. One second, and their falling. Sana closes her eyes and squeaks. She hears men cursing and they fail to aim at the two. 


Mark tears the hem of Sana's shirt which made her eyes open wide, only to realize that they were now riding through air, Mark griping her waist tightly with another hand on a wire cable and the cloth her tore from Sana's shirt wrapped on it, making it look like they were ziplining.


Sana was still in shock, and her jaw was hanging open. Mark lets go of the cable and they landed at a white van's roof. Mark was getting at the hits and pain, and Sana really feels guilt. She hears him groan but quickly stands up, letting go of Sana.


"Jump into my arms!" Mark screams from the loud noise of this van's machine and extends his arms. "What?" Sana finds everything that's happening right now ridiculous. "Just do it!" 


Sana just stands up. Mark rolls his eyes and carries her with no hesitation. Sana screams. He jumps out of the van but the doors at the back opened and quickly grabs Mark's extended arm. Once again, Sana's jaw drops. 


She sees who the one who pulled Mark into the van, and suprisingly, it was Tzuyu. 


/


Jesus ing Chirst what the is happening? Sana is panicking inside as she stares out the window of the moving van. She doesn't want to talk, yet she wants explanation. She feels Mark poke her shoulder turns around. 


"Are you okay?" He asks worriedly, yet sounding defeated. "What the hell do you mean am I okay? Two men came pointing guns at us, you broke that thick glass like it was nothing, fell from the building, tore my shirt and use it as a ziplining rope, landed at this van and now—" she cuts herself. She's too out of breath. 


Sana sees from the corner of her eyes that Tzuyu looked very concerned, and it was visibly showing on her face. She ignores it, and only looks out the window. 


/


It was night and the three managed to find another hotel which was 6 hours away from the other one they stayed at. Many hours have passed and Sana thinks that she's traumatized. So many things have happened in only two days and she can barely recall those happenings, and she doesn't want to.


She was now resting at the couch, and Tzuyu was the only person she's with. Mark has been shot, and Tzuyu was trying to get the bullet out from him. She hears groans from the other room and a long "ouuuuuuuuuch." 


When Tzuyu was finally done, she goes out the room and sits in front of Sana. Mark was now resting and has drifted to sleep. "Where were you?" Sana hisses as if Tzuyu was destined to save her. 


"Didn't Mark explain?" Tzuyu ignores her complain, and her stare.  "Do you know who those guys were? Or at least who sent them?" 


"No," she says with a shook of her head. "Mark apologizes if you ever felt exposed when he tore your shirt off." 


"It's okay," Sana answers immediately. "I have to go know. My mother is asking where I am. It's been a day, and I think she's already reported to the police that her daughter is missing. My friend is also spammimg me texts." 


Sana stands up and gather her belongings. "Wait," it felt unfair, it felt really unfair, and Tzuyu's sorry for being selfish, but she wants Sana to stay. "What?" Sana replies.m


"Can you stay?" she asks hopelessly. "I already told you, people are looking for me." 


"You can just tell them that you're okay," Tzuyu really hated being selfish, she really does. And she only does it for her, only her, and she doesn't know why. "Please," she pleads, walking towards the girl that already had turned the knob. 


"Tzuyu—" 


"I need you — at least for now," Tzuyu couldn't meet Sana's eyes. She had just confessed, and those hard words already came out of . Sana's lips parted slighty at the statement, she's in shock. 


"Just now?" Sana retorts. "What are you trying to say, Tzuyu?" 


Tzuyu finally meets Sana's pained eyes. She knows what Sana's talking about, and that's not what she's meant to say. "No, no, you're getting the wrong idea." For the first time, Tzuyu was hurt because of a girl. 


"I need you before I go, because I might never come back." 


Sana's eye widen, as well as tears welling on her eyes. "What?" she says brokenly, her voice cracking. She's trying not to cry, she couldn't, no. "What do you mean you might never come back? And you going to—" 


"No, no. I'm," Tzuyu pauses. "I'm going on another mission. This time it's me, only me, and the one I'm killing is a serial killer. A very dangerous one. This guy knows about Taehyung and what he's doing and I— Taehyung just happen to trust me into killing the guy," she explain. 


Tears were now running on Sana's cheeks. She couldn't help but cry. She scans her face and she's going to remember it by heart. The beautiful face of hers. "Don't leave," she whispers and ducks her head down. Tzuyu quickly wipes Sana's tears but they keep coming and coming, not ceasing any time soon. 


A ring. A ring from Tzuyu's phone and they both know that it's the signal. Sana cries again. Tzuyu opens the door herself and steps outside. "Mark will protect you, I know he will." 


"But—" Tzuyu cuts Sana off, and says, "I love you, okay? Know my heart." 


And she leaves. Sana sobs at the living room and Mark finds out. He immediately comforts her. He knows Tzuyu wants him to protect the girl, even though she didn't even tell her. 


/


a/n: do y'all ever get that disappointed feeling when you find fanfics of your otp but you find out it's fluff, like you're craving for angst even though angst destroys and ruins your life?? well . i'm sorry for the short chapter!!! it's 1 in the morning and i have two exams tomorrow yikes. i (think) promise i'll write a long one next chapter.