Resentful

she moved with shameless wonder (the perfect creature rarely seen)

"She's dead." Those two words keep repeating on Sana's mind and she doesn't move an inch. She can't process what's happening right now. She didn't even notice that she was crying. Or that Mark glanced at her with full concern in his eyes and how he's beating up the policeman and shouts that she's alive, or that they're just hiding her from the two. 


"Sana, Sana!" She feels Mark's hand grab her wrist and pulled her outside the back door of the police station. She only hears one thing that could convince her to function, "There's four police cars and eight men shooting at us! Run!" 


So she runs, she runs wuth tears dropping unceasingly from her eyes. She runs with her heart hurting and keeps on running even her feet where screaming pain. She doesn't know where she's heading to. She's ahead Mark right now but he keeps following her. He tells her to take a turn and run up the stairs beside the rotten walls with veins of a very old building. 


Sana's footsteps echoes through the rusty iron stairs and she runs her hand on the dusty railings. She barely cared. She blinks her eyes for vision but it keeps getting blurry, she guesses that her pain can only show through tears ruuning through her cheeks as she remembers Tzuyu's last words. 


"I love you, okay? Know my heart." It hurts, how the thought of Tzuyu not knowing Sana loved her back. She drives her insane, she was the most dangerous but clever and brave person Sana's ever know and she knows that there's no one like her in the world full of people. She misses everything. She misses home, she misses her


Sana has reached the rooftop. Mark follows. The cool breeze of the nights hits her already cold skin and she shivers. She tries to stop the tears and look up where the stars are. She collapses onto the ground, her legs giving up. And she sobs, again. 


It was heartfelt, but heart breaking. "Do you regret everything?" Mark's voice interups her corrupted thoughts. His voice sounded defeasted and she can see a desponent feel on his eyes. Sana wipes her tears. "No." She answers it with voice so raspy like she hasn't spoke for days. 


"Loving her was never a waste." 


Mark just nods. "Do you want to go back?" 


"No, we can get a hotel," Sana shakes her head. "By the way, did you kill those guys?" 


Mark was sure, so he nods. "How do we get a hotel, though? The news might have broken out." 


"Then let's stay here, in this building," Sana points down to the building and rose from the ground as Mark follows. "This is like an abandoned office building. I don't want to get out of this place yet." She doesn't want to get out of the place yet, because she knows that Tzuyu is still alive. 


Mark hums an okay and rams the back door's chain lock (or the door). It tears apart after a minute of kicking. Sana was right, it is an abandoned office building filled with empty desks and left out papers or folders. Rats squeaked their way out of the building and Mark finds a way to have the lights on. 


There was a second floor, and it isn't the kind of room Sana was expecting. It was a room, kind of like an full on apartment. How is this an office building and an apartment, too? Sana asks herself. "Mark! Come up here, this room looks interesting." 


Mark comes up with a jaw already opened of amazement. "I feel like this is a for rent building and the owner just decided to leave the furniture in. I mean look, there's even a bed here and — oh, even the flush works!" She giggles. Mark smiles. He doesn't want to remove Sana's cheerful vibe right now. But he knows she's still hurt. 



3 hours have passed, Mark has left the building because of some reason that Sana really didn't hear. She sits on a chair she's cleaned a minute ago that was place on the balcony and stares out the view. Near the narrow seperated buidlings between a gravel path is a restaurant. She see's Mark sitting outside the place eating and she grunts. She's jealous. And hungry. 


She goes outside and covered her face with a hoodie. Not really her face, but it serves well enough as one. With her hands tucked inside the hoodie's pockets, she shivers at the cold weather Daegu was giving her. It was said that snowing in the place was very rare, so she curses at the weather. 


Sana catches Mark's attention and he smiles widely with a straight line formed on his lips after he sips his ramyun loudly. Sana gives him a disapproving look and Mark grabs another ramyun bowl that he was hiding. Sana laughs and sits with him. There wasn't a table to put the ramyun on so Mark lays it down the straight metal chair that was attached to the building's wall. 


"Why don't you just take it to the building? If you were found out I wouldn't be here to save you," Sana says through her chewing the noodles the same loud way. "Can you?" Mark says sarcastically, not shooting a glance at the girl. Mark bounces his splayed legs on the ground as he laughs. 


"Not funny. You shouldn't tease your teacher like that." 


Mark ignores the statement. "Has anybody from your family called you? You've been gone for a day and a half now." Sana clicks her chopsticks at the bowl. "I lied saying I'm staying at Momo for a while." 


"Does Momo know that you're here looking for her?" Mark doesn't dare mention her name, though a lump on his throat forms at the thought of his friend. 


Sana rubs her thumb againts the wooden chopsticks and only looks down at the ramyun. "You said she was fine." 


Mark stares at her for a second and sets the now empty bowl that was once filled with delicious ramyun and he stands up, not tearing of his gaze at Sana. "I did, yes. I knew she was fine back then, because Taehyung had told me so. I'm not saying you should blame him. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for making you believe that she was." 


"But I know you still believe that she is alive." 


/


It was night again. Mark is playing games on his phone and Sana's still on the balcony gazing at the dark yet beautiful horizon. She has her arms crossed and layed on the railings with her head rests on top. She was in peace. Until she hears Mark scream. 


She immediately runs to the room and sees a hooded woman and a mask only covering and the woman points a gun at Mark. Sana has seen guns so many times now that she isn't even shocked. But she's scared, scared that the woman might shoot Mark right here and right now. 


Mark does nothing and only raises his hand. He slowly makes steps forward Sana because he needs to protect her, he needs to because he knows Tzuyu will be disappointed, whever she is now. When Mark was only a step closer into grabbing Sana, he hears a click, indicating a gun reload. He freezes. 


The woman takes a step towards Sana and Mark quickly grabs the woman's arm that was extended out to point the gun at the two. The woman's stare locks on Mark and swiftly —maybe a little bit to fast — elbows Mark's pulse on his neck and slides her foot to bumb on Mark's ankle, which was always his weak spot. And only one knows about it, which was Tzuyu. 


Mark groans as he felt on the ground and the woman snakes of her hand to grip on his free arms as she points her forearm to his neck. Mark sees the woman's eyes. Those couldn't be more familiar, and Mark doubts that the woman's Tzuyu. She swift moves, strands of dark violet hair falling to be visible on someone's eye. 


Mark let's his guard down. He doesn't know what to do. It's her, he knows it's her. He let's her cuff his wrists with ropes that trapped the blood on it's place to flow to the hands. It was too tight. The doing was mimicked on Sana, and the woman takes off with the two on her hands. 


/


Sana wakes up and sees nothing but dark metal threatening to scar if one touches itself. She panics inside. She doesn't know where she is, and she can see Mark lying against the hard floor. She notices movements from his chest, and she sighs with relief. She doesn't want to be here.


Sana was about to crawl to Mark and try to wake him up but footsteps bothered the tight plan. She freezes and pretends to be unconscious, but it was already too late. The woman from earlier has grabbed collar of Sana's jacket and her eyes jolt open from shock. She hears a shivering sigh. 


The woman dragged her to a chair and puts her in place. Sana's wrists were still tied together, and it felt swollen. She whimpers. The woman takes her mask and the silver lining illuminating against her face lights her up, making her face visble. Tears well up of Sana's eyes and dropped so carelessly. It's her. 


"What are you doing here? I thought you were dead," she says through her sobs. Sana keeps staring at Tzuyu's face. She'd missed her so much, it hurts that they have to meet this way. "You don't have to explain, I know what you're going to do." 


"Don't be so pathetic, I know you're just pretending to be happy that now you've seen me," a monotone voice Sana's missed so much, she could her the raspiness of her voice. Tzuyu doesn't stare at her. "But you want me to be happy, right?" Tzuyu doesn't speak up. 


"But," she sniffs, holding every fiber of her that wants to cry again back, and she gathers all her energy to stand up. "Did you think that I'd be happy when you confessed to me? Those three words were supposed to be spoken so sweetly yet you turned it into something so grave. I wake up every morning thinking that I wouldn't have the chance to tell you that I love you, too." 


Tzuyu wants to cry. Sana rests her head on Tzuyu's shoulder but she barely reacts. Tzuyu tries to hold her tears by looking up and pursing her lips. She wants to set her free, be in no harm and no long face would be seen. But no, she has to do this, because she was told to, by Taehyung. Scratch that — forced to. 


Tzuyu grabs the knife on her pocket with shaking hands and a shivering voice. "I'm sorry," she whispers so brokenly, and bleak. Tzuyu pushes her down to a log where her head rests now, and Sana let's out a low whimper between a sob. Tzuyu holds the knife so tightly, and she doesn't want to move. 


"I love you, okay? Don't ever forget that." 


And a stab echoes through the dark place. 


/


a/n: YIKES.