Craving

she moved with shameless wonder (the perfect creature rarely seen)

It's been three months since Tzuyu has gone on that mission. Three months and Sana hasn't gotten a single information where she was or even if she's already dead. Sana tries to eliminate the thought of Tzuyu running through her mind every second of the day and she zones out. 


Mark is still there. He tries to cheer Sana up and tries to get good grades so that Sana could somehow be happy at the achivement. The two men who had broken from that hotel still hasn't been caught, but she doesn't care even if they get caught or not. Neither does Mark. 

 


Mark, on the other hand, doesn't know where Tzuyu is. He knew where Tzuyu was, but just for a month and then bam, she's gone. He's always trying to keep good vibes flowing around him and try to not think about bad things but he just couldn't shake off the thought that his friend is out in the streets and probably dead. 


Sana is driving in a busy hour, cars honking and hot air coming from the aircon and Sana doesn't understand why it does that. Mark is with her, in the front seat, because he was already in the car and god knows how he broke in. 


Sweating was the main problem in the time. Sweat comes running from their necks, forehead and even palm. Sana isn't pleased, neither does Mark. She opens her window, popping her head out and an impatient feeling comes running through her veins because look at that ing long line. 


Her body itches. She ignores it and immersed herself to her cellphone. 


Minutes later, and the long line of cars still doesn't move an inch. Mark suddenly whispers tensely, "Sana." She offers her attention to the guy who had his eyes in a widened position, like he was concerned but terrified. 


"Why did you just throw your bra out of the window?" Mark asks, terrified. Sana hums a what and looks out the window. She scans the ground and oh my why is my bra on the ground? Sana shouts at herself. 


She immediately exits the car and reaches for her bra nervously. "Sana, Sana, Sana, the light is green, c'mon, c'mon, c'mon!" Mark shouts at her hurriedly. Sana gets more nervous, and by her complete nervousness, she throws her bra exactly at Mark and races to get on the drivers seat. She drives, but not all was well. 


Mark slaps Sana's bra away from his face and to Sana with a disgusted face. Sana laughs. "What was that?" She says through her giggles. 


/


Two hours through the drive, one more to go. The sky is completely pitch black by now, and Mark insisted to drive. Now the seats have changed, but Sana's still in the frontseat, just on the passenger seat. It's quiet, and Mark decides to break it. 


"I think I know where Tzuyu is," he doesn't meet Sana's eyes, he refuses to, because he might see a pained one, and he doesn't like that. Sana's attention grabbed on Mark and no, her eyes showed only emptiness. "Where is she?" 


"She's fine, I know that. But I think she's in Daegu." 


Sana stays quiet. She is very relived, yet felt so empty. She wants to see her. She wants to see her and slap her. She hates her, she does. She felt so hopeless. "Let's go to Daegu. Right now." 


She said that so unemotionally, and it reminds Mark of Tzuyu's graveness. It shocked him, he's never seen a side so terrifying from someone. "Right now? We'll arrive there at exactly 12. We can't." 


"Yes we can." 


"We can't." 


"We can, if you drive there fast enough. I don't care what time it is, I want to go in Daegu. If you don't want to go, then don't. I'll drive there on my own," forbidding voice sends chills up on Mark's spine. He wants to see her too. 


"I'm not letting you drive at this time at night and speed up."


/


After minutes of agruing if they're going to Daegu, Sana finally convinces Mark to drive there. They've been on the road for so many hours right now and decides to stop next on a diner in the middle of nowhere. The two still remains quiet.


Mark pays. Two smoothies were both bought, and they sat at the very corner. Since it was in the middle of the deep night, not many people were in the diner. One mans sits alone five seats away from the two and orders tacos, as Sana sees.


Since Mark was sitting facing Sana, he didn't see the man. He notices Sana is staring at the back so he turns his head to see. His eyes widen and mutters, "Kim Taehyung." Sana resognizes the name. She stands up and walks tensely to the man. 


Mark briskly knew what Sana is going to do and stops her, but she doesn't even follow, like she forgets Mark was even with her. Her stare is stiff on Taehyung notices and stares at her innocently. He doesn't know what's happening. 


"Where is she?" she stiffly says, wide eyes focused dangerously on the man. Taehyung's eyebrows raises, shocked, but keeps his expression innocent. Sana hears Mark calling her name but she hardly cares if people will see her. She wants to know where she is. 


"Where is she? Where is Tzuyu?" Sana says her name so sluggishly, it's like she hasn't said that name for a long time that it seemed so foreign on her tongue. 


Mark bows his head to the slightly petrified look for a sign of sorry. He grabs Sana's arms and whispers her to let the guy go. She escapes Mark's grip from shrugging it off. He could hear her heavy breathing of angriness. He sighs. 


"C'mon! Speak up! You know where she is!" Sana pushed her compact fingers deeply on Taehyung's chest, making the man bounce on the foamy table. The man irks. Sana grasps Taehyung's collar and pushes him out the chair. He falls down with a groan. 


Sana doesn't hear Mark. She turns to her back and she doesn't see him. She notices the CCTV's were broken and the tapes were scattered all over in the floor. She returns her gaze to Taehyung, who is now standing. 


He walks out the diner fast and stiffly and Sana follows him, running. The bells hanging on the doors rang after being swayed by Taehyung swiftly. Sana reaches for the man's arm and shoves it to the left, making Taehyung face her. His eyebrows were furrowed in annoyance. Sana doesn't mind


"You sent her off on a mission that could probably kill her, so tell me where she is!" every single words that rolls of her tongue menacingly, she digs her finger in Taehyungs's chest as if she was poking him. 


"Why? You don't trust her? I don't know where she is," Taehyung raises his arms up as if he was to surrender. He looks at her, sees her terrifying glare and says, "Why? Is she your girlfriend?" 


Sana's hand jolt upright and forward to Taehyung's face and smack his cheek, a loud noise came right after. Taehyung's arms doesn't move, though his opened jaw clenched as he blinked. 


"Sana," Mark's low voice enters the conversation of the two. "Sana, let's go," he grabs her arm and dragged her caringly. He glances at Taehyung with a baffling stare, mixed with anger and forgiveness. They opened their mouths to speak no more. 

 


The driving continues, and no one dares to speak about the incident earlier. Then they finally arrive at Daegu. Sana's heart beats faster, and she starts getting nervous. Mark parks in front of the police station. 


They go forward and Sana feels like she's going to have a heart attack. She wonders why they're going to the police station. "We're going to ask the police if they know who Tzuyu is." Great, that totally answers the question. 


"What if they know who Tzuyu is?" Sana's nervousness is visible only from her voice. Mark exhales a laugh, "No, they wouldn't." 


They enter the station. Heading towards one of the men behind the stall, Mark starts to get nervous too. "Excuse me?" He starts, and the man doesn't throw him a glance. He doesn't mind. "Do you know who Chou Tzuyu is?" 


The man's head instantly goes up and stares at the two. "Who are you?" 


"We're her friends," Mark throws in a smile, faker than Sana's ever seen in her life. She doesn't want to in, so she sets shut. Mark's glances were all over the station. Sana wonders. 


"Right," the man says and chews his gum loudly, which always annoyed Sana in a way, a very odd way. The man then dials a number on a telephone and mutters something the two both couldn't hear, since the telephone was far away from them. 


Three men came running on the hall and immediately pointed guns at the two. Sana had already encountered this position — being pointed with a gun — and yet she's still terrified. Sana doesn't move an inch and stares only at the ground. 


"So you guys say that you're friends with a criminal, huh?" One of the policemen said, heading towards Mark. Sana's eyes widen even more at the name criminal. So she's been caught. Mark remains calm, and only laughs — bitterly. "Yes." 


Then Mark swiftly grabs the man's shoulders with both hands and lowers his body as a leg comes upright to pain the man's stomach. The policeman drops his pistol and groans in pain. When Mark hears bullets being shot, he immediately throws the body in front of Sana for protection, while he dodges the bullets that were shot at him easily. 


People of the station had no choice but to run. Mark runs to a policeman shooting at him and grabs his kinfe from the pocketed pants the man wore. He sliced deeply at the policeman's neck and the man flinches. A punch knocked him out. While punching, he grasped the other policeman's neck and uses the used blooded knife to point right below the policeman's adam's apple. 


Mark was about to speak when he hears Sana squeal. He turns to Sana and sees that the man who they spoke to had his arm wrapped on her neck and the pistol of the policeman he first knocked out. Mark decides to throw the knife he was going to use on the guy he was holding. Luckily, it shot right in the man's head, making him flinch the pistol out of his hand and onto Mark, and he immediately points it on the policeman he'll use for reciepts. 


Sana can breathe now, after the whole failing to threaten Mark. He points the gun right on the remaining policeman's head and asks, "Where is she?" a whole different aura was surrounding Mark that had Sana shocked. He looked dangerous, he did. The man stared only at the ceiling to her right. 


"Where is she?" this time, Mark shouts. Sana hears a click on the pistol that signed of a reload. The man doesn't speak up. Mark kicks the man's sensitive area and he flinches, bowing to hold his pained part. Mark grabs the man's collar and he faces upwards to Mark. "Where is she?" he repeats. 


"She's dead." 


Sana hears those two words so cleary, and everything brakes into pieces, especially her heart. An agonizing pain twisted in her stomach and couldn't help but flinch on how it hurts. She blinks unceasingly, until salty tears come running from her eyes, and they seemed uncontrollable.


/


a/n: tag urself im sana's tears (and jesus christ was that fight scene hard to write)