She was a mystery

she moved with shameless wonder (the perfect creature rarely seen)

"I'm so happy for you," Sana's mom hug's her tightly, smiling. Sana immediately hugs back, and she sighs. "I'm suffocating," she says rather nonchalantly, but she was really suffocating. Her mother quickly breaks the tight embrace with a giggle.

 

"Go on," she waves towards the door. "I don't want my daughter to be late at her first job!" 

 

"Neither do I, mom," Sana exhales a laugh and heads towards the door. She smiles in relief and thinks, it's not 'school' anymore, it's 'job' (even though jobs were like schools, as adults say). She quickly waves goodbye to her mother and closes the door. Today was her first day being a teacher, a job she's always dreamt of.

 

/

 

Sana enters a classroom, crumpled papers flying from chair to chair as it finally reached the groud (on someone's head), mumbles from noisy boys can be heard clearly be Sana, and she sighs deeply. She is teaching Japanese in this class, and quickly writes quiet in kanji on the board before repeating it loudly for the class to hear. 

 

The whole class gets quiet and stays still on the poses they last motioned. They all looked at their new teacher, and not seconds later, all the commotion was happening again. Sana couldn't count how many sighs she has let out after entering the classroom. 

 

Sana sits down on a chair and sets her paper on the teachers desk. She crosses her legs and says, "Okay, if you like it that way." 

 

She starts shouting names for attendance and the students relpied respectfully, but didn't look a single glance at the new teacher. "Chou Tzuyu!" she shouts the last name the loudest, and no one replies. The whole class quiet downs, and all looked at the girl with a ducked head on her arm chair. 

 

Sana sighs again. Sana doesn't mention the student's name again, and just waits for her to wake up. 

 

A minute has passed, and the girl finally wakes up. She removes her muffled hair (which was dark violet, as Sana sees) away from her face by shaking her head. With eyes opening, she quickly averts her eyes on the new teacher. The student's eyes scanned Sana's body carelessly and says out raspily, "Present." 

 

/

 

"Hey," Sana says with tiredness surrounding the tone of her voice as she extends out her arms to accept her friend's welcoming embrace. "How was your first class?" Momo asks Sana softly, noticing her friend's exhausted look. She laughs, "It's just been forty-five minutes and you're already tired?" 

 

"No, I'm not tired. I just look like it," Sana denies. 


Momo chuckles, "Okay." 


"Hey, do you know who this student is? Chou Tzuyu? You know, one with violet hair," Sana's neck itches, and she doesn't know why. Momo turns to her with eyebrows raised, and a frown. 


"Of course," she says nonchalantly. Sana creases her eyebrows at the unfamiliar move of her friend, because Momo has never been uninterested out of all times she's been with her. "What happened? Who is she?" 


"She... well, she's murdered people." 


Sana's jaw dropped, her eyes widening at the statement. "Why is in this school then?" she half screams, she was terrified now. 


Momo blows her bangs and says, "Her father is the director of that shoe brand your wearing right now. The school is sponsored by the company." 


"So what does that mean?" 


Momo sighs lightly, "Tzuyu's father threatened the president with some 'I will demolish this school if you even try to kick out my daughter ever again'" Momo imitates a middle-agged man's voice and the two laughs. 


Momo continues, "Yeah. That shoe brand is the most famous one in this country, so of course, the president will not want the school to be demolished," she says, then lowers her voice to says, "Or be corrupted, that'll be a shame, you know." 


Sana nods in understandment. "Did she really do that? And who?" 


"Two men last month. Lately she's killed 7. And broke a student's bones. Like the skull, and a broken ing femur that was sliced in the middle you do not want to mess with this girl," Momo whispers. 


"Plus, I heard from her friend, Mark, that she's gay," Momo sips her coffee loudly, not breaking eye contact with her friend. Sana laughs at the metaphor (?).


"Was that really necessary?" she manages to ask through her laugh. Momo nods quickly, sticking her tongue out because the coffee was too hot. Sana couldn't really stop laughing. 


"Gotta be careful, Sana!" she hears Momo shout at her as she walks toward the door of the faculty, Sana mumbles a 'yeah' and walks out. 


"She's gay like you!" she hears Sana shout when she was literally out of the faculty and Momo quickly runs out the door and says, "Yah!" 


/


It was monday, and even Sana wasn't feeling to teach today. But she needed to, so she just shakes off her laziness and try to get through the day. 


Tzuyu was horribly failing Japanese class and in disappoints (or saddened) Sana to see such a low grade. She calls Tzuyu to the faculty and Tzuyu doesn't arrive at the time Sana wanted her to come. Instead she comes at exactly when the school has ended.


Sana sighs. "Why didn't you come here earlier?" 


"The person who you assigned to call for me said to come when the school ended," Sana can detect directly from her eyes that she's lying, but she just goes with it. She didn't want to answer the student again, she's too tired for that.


"You're failing my class, Tzuyu," she says, sympathy overflowing her eyes. Tzuyu doesn't look at her and only looks at the failed test papers full of exes and zero marks on top. 


"And?" Tzuyu doesn't say it sarcastically, or anything daring. She doesn't understand, that's all. "Well, first of all, you need to study." 


"What does knowing Japanese do to me? I'm not going to Japan or anything." 


"Maybe when you get a job," Sana sets the papers at her side and crosses her arms on the table. Tzuyu finally looks at the teacher, and says, "Do you think really I would get a job?"


Sana stares at her student for a moment. "You're the heir of your family's company right? That can still get you to Japan," Sana smiles. 


"I'm going to study. Can I go out now? Japan isn't that important." 


"Oh?" Sana lets out, her smile was gone with just a blink. Tzuyu closes her eyes, lets out a frustrated sigh probably thinking that she has to deal with this Japanese teacher. With opened eyes, Tzuyu grabs Sana's arm firmly.


"I have no time to fight or talk to you. I need to get home right now," she mumbles firmly with threatening eyes looking straight through the teacher's soul. Sana was afraid because 1. she's a ing murderer 2. they're faces were inches away from each other. 


"Okay, now get out." Sana says in Japanese and Tzuyu doesn't understand a thing. Sana continues, "If you're not going to answer the test then just give it to me. A tree suffers because I printed out these things with paper that come from them, so if you're not going to—" 


The taste of cherries invaded Tzuyu's lips and god did Sana's lips tasted amazing. She suddenly craves for it. She doesn't stop kissing Sana's unreplying lips. She was hungry for Sana's lips, and she finally kisses back. 


Tzuyu's grip loosens on Sana's arm though she doesn't let it go. Sana's hand grabs Tzuyu's tie and thank god this is the uniform for girls 'cause she looked hot in it. Sana uses Tzuyu's tie to pull her closer to her. 


Every second the kiss gets hungrier and hungrier until Tzuyu pulls off and quickly turned to grab her bad and leave. "I'm going to study, I know." Sana always liked the fact that Tzuyu's voice gets raspy from refraining to talk from just minutes. But she wishes those weren't the last words that Tzuyu has said to her. 


/


Three days have passed since the two have kissed het Sana hasn't move on to how Tzuyu had great kissing skills and she probably thinks that she wasn't Tzuyu's first kiss amd now she keeps stealing glances at the student. 


There are three questions that passes through her mind ever since the incident. 1. Is she lovestruck? 2. Is she in love with a murder? 3. Why did she like the kiss? And she keeps denying those questions again and again. 


Sana was eating lunch at the cafeteria because she's stupid and didn't bring her own lunch and money so Momo just gave her the only money she has (because the peach already has a lunch box). 


A student suddenly sets their food tray in front of her and sits, immediately grabbing french fries to much on it. Sana doesn't want to start a conversation, or, she wants the boy to start one. 


And he does. "So, how do you sau 'You're beautiful' in Japanese?" he asks, still chewing on the fries that were sprinkled with salt. Sana looks at him, and oh, that's great, it's Tzuyu's best friend. 


"I'm not going to say. Study, you'll know." 


"You know that everyone here hates when teachers say that. Even when you were still at school, if your teacher says that you'll be really annoyed, am I right?" he sits sidewards and his feet were facing at the end of the chair. 


Sana drinks her water, "Still, no." 


"So I heard you and Tzuyu made out yesterday." 


Sana spills water gaining other students attention but gazes were not held long to her. That atleast comforted her, she hates attention. "What? Did you see?" 


"Nope. Tzuyu told me. She said 'That Japanese teacher and I made out a while ago' with no interest at all. I'm used to it," Huh, me too. Sana still finds it ridiculous. "Does anyone else than you knows that me and your friend made out?" 


"Yeah, Miss Hirai." 


Sana chokes on thin air. "What?" she couldn't ing handle her friend and a fellow teahcer knowing that her and Tzuyu made out. No, a plain no. "Kidding," he grins. 


" off, Mark," Sana looked annoyed, but she's actually relived that Momo doesn't know. I not only want to thank God, but to Jesus—


"Hey, you shouldn't just cuss at one of your students," Mark scoffs. "And you shouldn't lecture your teacher. I know very well that I can't but you have the face that makes me want to cuss. So, off, Mark Tuan, the bell has already rang." 



A week has passed, Tzuyu can finally construct a sentence in Japanese, and Sana has never been so proud and happy. She gives Tzuyu a smile and she doesn't reply with any emotion, but Sana was so used to Tzuyu not even moving a ing face muscle. 


Her a Tzuyu hasn't talked face-to-face and Sana kind of feels lonely. She craves Tzuyu, and it's not even a ing joke right now. Meanwhile, Tzuyu only craves the teachers lips. Sad. 


It was a saturday, and Sana swore she said that she'll do something productive when she woke up, but now she's just surfing the internet. She hears her mother ask her loudly why she was still in her pajamas. "I'm going you shower later," she says. 


Later had come, and a text from Momo got her showering. It says "Hey, let's eat at a Pojangmacha later at 9 with my girlfriend." She doesn't care if she's going to be a third wheel, she just wants Korean streat foods and soju. That's it. 


9 PM has already come, and Sana is just starting to grab money from her wallet that was completely torn-off, with holes and even big ones. She leaves the house with a smile because Wow, she's going to meet Mina again and she's going to eat with her and Momo.


Sana finds a panting man with his hands cupping his knees. The man looks up but he doesn't meet Sana's eyes, and this is great, she meets Tzuyu's friend again. Great, just great. She wants to go forward because the place was just a turn away but this guy will notice her so . 


Without even moving, Sana was noticed. Dang it, she curses to herself. Mark runs to her and Sana immediately says, "Oh no, no, no, don't you bother me." 


"Can you do first aid?" Mark shouts over his pantings. He looked very worried, very worried that Sana was even getting worried just by looking at him. "Can you do first aid?" he shouts again, sounding like crying but his voice stayed firm.


"Y-yeah, I can but—" Sana was cut off by Mark grabbing her by her wrist and pulled her into a dark alley, and the night just have to be really dark and Sana literally can't see anything while Mark continues to run. 


Great, now the delicious taste of her favourite Korean street foods will not enter and she's sad, just suddenly. But no, she needs to figure out why her student and Tzuyu's friend and her is running through a dark alley between two tall buildings.


They finally got out of the dark alley, and enters a wide space to walk on, the buildings were seperated widely, but it was darker. Mark lets go Sana's wrist and his head pacing back and fourth with panic in his eyes as sweat drips on his forehead. 


"There," he mumbles as if he completely forgot about him bringing Sana along and run up to a rock. He goes behind it and Sana follows with hesitation. Once she sees what's behind the rock her jaw drops and eyes widens with horror. 


She sees Tzuyu holding her stomach where her appendix is located. Her face looked like struggling. Sana quickly kneels and Mark shifts to the left for Sana to get more space to operate. 


"Why are you bleeding?" She turns to Mark, "Why is she bleeding?" 


"Long story, just get the knife out of her," Mark places her hands on his waist and was still panting. If Sana's eyes weren't at it's end on widening, her eyes would be balling out right now. "What?" 


"If I take the knife out it would get like a— a— an infection," she was so nervous that she even stutters. This isn't first aid. She doesn't care, Tzuyu's in danger, and she needs her to live. 


"Just take it off! Come on, my friend is dying!" Mark shouts in frustration. Sana doesn't do anything. 


"Sana," Tzuyu mutters with that raspy voice of hers, except it's breathy and in a whisper. Sana didn't have a choice but to just take the knife off of her. That's it. She takes the risk and quickly rips it off without any warning. Tzuyu groans out of pain and jolts forward, quickly reaching for the bleeding part and rests her head on Sana's shoulder. 


"Where's the kit?" Sana was now shouting in frighten that Tzuyu might lose her life her. Mark quickly grabs the kit and throws it to Sana. She runs through the items and she needs to find stitches.


She finally finds one. "Mark! Get the thread in the hole of the needle, I'm going to cleanse Tzuyu. There's so much blood dripping." Mark openly and quickly grabs the thread and needle. 


"Tzuyu, I need you to lie down at the ground carefully, okay?" Sana grabs Tzuyu's face and her eyes were barely opened. Tzuyu manages to utter a 'Yeah' and Sana guides her a safe landing of the rough ground. 


Mark struggles to get the thread in the needle because of the light lacking. Sana grabs alchohol and pours it into the handkerchief that she's brought. Once again, she didn't give any warnings and just pecks the wet handkerchief making Tzuyu flinch. Mark finally got the thread in the hole and hands it to Sana after she had cleansed the blood scattering all over the area. 


Sana slides the needle straight inside Tzuyu and she flinches again. The stitching was finally done. Sana bites out the left out needle and sets it ont the ground. She shifts forward to the lying girl and lays to fingers on her pulse and thank ing god that she's alive. She turns to Mark and says, "She's alive." 


/


"Tell me what the just happened out there and why did Tzuyu had a knife stuck in her?" Sana was still panicking. She was walking back and fourth on the wooden floor of the hotel the three had just booked (of course Sana had to pay). 


Mark sighs, "I don't know." 


"All I know is that Tzuyu was assigned to assassinate this person and a second later, she calls me with this heart-racing voice that was all around defeated. She told me she got stabbed and told me where she was. I ran to her, and then ran to you, and yeah. Can you understand that?" 


"Yeah," Sana nods. "Wait, assassinate?" 


"Yeah, assassinate. Want me to say it in Japanese for you? Anatsu, kanji is," Mark trails off and grabs a pen and a paper, writes 暗殺.


Sana raises an eyebrow at how he perfectly wrote it. "Well, at least you know how to write in Japanese." 


"I still don't know how to say 'You're beautiful' in Japanese," Mark pouts, and slumps on the white-clothed bed. 


"Why? Are you going to say it to Tzuyu?" Sana teased, but she's actually praying to the gods of recjection and the gods of please not say that she's your crush that Mark doesn't have a crsuh on her. No, that would ruin everything, totally everything. But who knows? Momo says that she's gay, right? 


"Who doesn't say that Tzuyu's not beautiful, to be honest?" Mark says, resting his head on his palms. Sana agrees, though. "But no, she's gay, if that's what you want to hear. I'm not interested, she's my friend. If she was straight then I'd make a move," he says nonchalantly.


"On a murderer?" Sana chuckles, but Mark keeps a straight face. "Are you sure? Have you thought of actually finding out who the person is?" Mark laughs now to himself, but holy , that knocked some sense on her . 


"Did you teach Tzuyu some Japanese? I seen improvements lately," Sana couldn't help but smile. 


"Yep, she said she wanted to pass the test," Mark replies. "Really?" Sana was amazed. 


"She also said that she wanted to see you smile because of her." 


/

 

a/n: OKAY SO THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A 4K WORDED CHAPTER BUT I JUST REALLY NEEDED TO PUBLISH THIS FIRST BECAUSE everytime i write something i lose interest really fast. thank you for reading :)