Chapter 6

Dumped [Hansoon/Soonsol]

Soonyoung took Hansol to the pizza place that they loved to hang out at when they were still together. He remembered how much Hansol loved the cheese pizza there.

"I haven't come here since our last pizza date", Hansol admitted. "Actually, I successfully avoided all the places that reminded me of you. Today was the first day I went back to the tower", Hansol informed the older.

"I'm really sorry about everything", Soonyoung said. "I know. You already said that...", Hansol answered. "What I want to hear is a reason. A real one. Back then you said that your parents thought it was the best. What was it really?" he demanded.

The pizza arrived. "Let's eat first. I'll tell you everything that happened afterwards. Promise", Soonyoung said. Hansol looked at his plate. He did feel hungry and he didn't have his favorite pizza in three years. "Alright...", he agreed.

After lunch Hansol looked at Soonyoung expectantly. "So?" he demanded. "Well...okay. Back then it really was my parents' doing. My mom said that I'm spending too much time with you and that I'm not focusing on my studies enough. She suggested a good school in Japan that would secure me a good job in the future. Of course, I said no at first but then...", Soonyoung trailed off.

"Then what?" Hansol questioned. "You knew my mom. She always got what she wanted no matter what. She said that she would ruin every chance for me to study anything anywhere. She wanted a son with good grades or no son at all..." That sounded extreme even for Soonyoung's family. He knew that these people were all about grades and good jobs but he never would have imagined them to threaten their own son.

"Still, why didn't you just tell me?" he asked. "Because I didn't know if I was coming back. I figured that it was better for you to hate me for leaving you than to miss me and not be able to move on", Soonyoung said honestly.

"Should we head home? I need fresh air. How about a beer at my apartment?" he suggested before the younger could say anything about his previous words. He thought about Soonyoung's offer for a second. Was it really such a good idea to go with him?

"Sure", he said. Soonyoung smiled and paid for their meal. Hansol protested at first but Soonyoung just waved off. "This is a date, remember? I'm paying. Don't worry."

They headed back to their apartment building, deciding to walk the short distance. Their hands were almost touching as they walked next to each other and Soonyoung wanted nothing more than for it to happen. He wanted Hansol back so bad and he hoped that the younger would forgive him after everything he did.