Chapter 4

Dumped [Hansoon/Soonsol]

Hansol’s eyes grew wide when he opened his front door the next day to head to work. A big flower bouquet lay on his doormat, held by a big, white teddy bear. He recognized that bear. Soonyoung won this for him on one of their dates but since Hansol used to sleep over at his place so much, he kept forgetting it there. A tiny smile crept onto his features. He picked it up and took it to his room where he put it onto his desk.

He noticed a small note that was stuck between the flowers. ‘I’m really sorry’ it read. Hansol’s heart clenched together. Why did Soonyoung have to make it so hard to be mad at him? He missed him and he wanted nothing more than to be back in his arms. But there was still something that held him back.

He sighed and headed for the elevator. When the doors opened he almost let out a yelp when he saw Soonyoung. The blue-haired male grinned sheepishly. “Good morning”, he said. Hansol didn’t answer and just got on, pressing the button for the ground floor. “I waited for you in here. Did you get my present?” Soonyoung asked. “I did. And I threw it away”, Hansol lied.

“Oh...”, Soonyoung replied. He sounded hurt and disappointed and it tugged at Hansol’s conscience. He hesitated for a moment. “I...didn’t actually...throw it away”, he admitted, not looking at Soonyoung. “You didn’t?” the older asked, hope lacing in his voice. Hansol kept his look straight forward but he shook his head.

They reached the bottom floor. “Will you go out with me?” Soonyoung called as Hansol left the elevator. He stopped dead in his tracks. “No”, he answered and walked away, still without sparing Soonyoung a single glance.

At work, he could not concentrate one bit. He burned the bread, messed up orders and gave out the wrong amount of change. It was all because he couldn’t stop thinking about Soonyoung. Even though that was a normal thing, it was a lot worse since he actually met him again. That jerk just had to show up and ruin his life all over again. And why did he have to do it in the loveliest way possible?

“Take a break, Hansol. You’re not yourself today”, the old Mrs. Ahn – his boss – said to him and patted his shoulder. Hansol bowed and headed to the staff’s break room. Maybe he should give Soonyoung a chance to explain himself...listening wouldn’t hurt, right? Or maybe it would...