Chapter eight

Affluence~ Riches, Wealth
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

*NOT EDITED*

Y/n chose to ignore previous night incident. She was rambling about it in her head just hours ago, debating on whether to tell Jungkook when he's fully sober or just ignore it as it is. Now that she had second hand thoughts while going through some files with Taehyung, she figure that Jungkook wasn't in his right mind to just kiss her so promptly; especially when he had given her that dour attitude resemblance of a stubborn child that morning, so, she decided to ignore Jungkook so that he nor her could mention anything about last night incident.

Y/n admit that she never knew what the boy was thinking. At first he gets nice and do good things you wouldn't expect from him, and the next, well, just the grumpy him.  

“Tae, can you pass me the paper next to the table” said Y/n slouched on the living room couch reading over the papers. Taehyung grabbed the papers next to him as he helped the girl with her work. He sat down beside her feet reading through some of the files and marking whether to decline or accept what was written. The paper listed out situations like whether to build new building in the huge academy campus or raise the price in the department store(s). One mistake, acceptance or decline could lead to outrage from the opposite side.

“Tae, can't you just become my secretary? I'm already processing to fire Ms. Choi. I'll raise your payment, salary or promote you.” Pleaded the girl.

“Y/n-ah, you know I can only assist you till next year right?” The girl looked at him with so much pain that if he slightly said something wrong she’d break down any moment.

“I’d love to be there and help you out, but I can't, I need to take over our company. Y/n-ah… you know best how much it means to me and my family to continue this business.” He said waiting for her to respond.

“Of course, but Ms. Choi… well… I just-”

“Why’d you fire her? She's just taking a break-”

“Yeah almost everyday-”

“But she was there for you till now, and you should be grateful for her loyalty.”

“It's just- even though she's been there, I don't feel any connection towards her. She's just so- I don't know but you know how I should be able to tell my secretary informations and stuff? I just don't feel comfortable around her.” She said picking up the dessert with her fork and ate it without any hesitation.

“Do you ever think maybe it's because you're awkward around others? I mean you rarely get out your comfort zone and communicate with others.” He said dabbing the excess mush near with a napkin as she continued to silently read.

“So, should I cancel the process of her dismissal?”

“Mmm” he replied setting another stack of paper near her.

Just then a loud bang interrupted their work as heavy footsteps was followed by the sudden intruder. Their eyes followed JungKook as he stepped out the room. Y/n could see through the decorated railing that the boy changed his clothing. JungKook lifelessly trodden down the stairs. His eyes were swollen as if he had gone out to purposely messed with a beehive for it to stung him near his eyeball. Beside that, his eyes are bloodshot red, and Y/n knew right there and then that Jungkook had locked himself up in his own room the entire night, mentally fighting against his own thought and consciousness. Y/n looked at him empathetically. As much as Jungkook was a hard headed person with a stoned face, and a monotone voice, he still had a heart to which which Y/n ends up forgetting that he had one because of all the nonsense he gave her.

JungKook made his way into the kitchen passing the two as if they were invisible to his eyes. Y/n took a glance at Taehyung who was as confused as she was. She followed the boy into the kitchen knowing something was up with him. The kitchen staff greeted him and handed him the iPad that contained the menu or to place an order of what food he wanted. Jungkook blankly stared at the open space as tears welled up in his eyes. Y/n wanted to be next to him and ask him “what happened?” But she was hesitant. He abruptly stood up creating a loud thud from the iPad that was sitting on his lap.

Jungkook’s shoulder brushed against Y/n making her feel tingly as he left the kitchen. The boy still didn't notice or chose not to notice the presences in the room. The situation that happened surely didn't help Y/n to approach him. Every time she gets closer, she felt the butterflies wanting to escape out her stomach, but couldn't. Every time she wanted to approach him her feet stood still, shut tight and no words left .

“What’s wrong with Jungkook?” Y/n asked worriedly. He confessed to her one day, and ignore her the next, Y/n couldn’t say she understand him, yet she does, because he was drunk yesterday. She felt her heart tightening, suddenly becoming aware that Jungkook was drunk last night. Aware that Jungkook didn’t mean what he had said. Confessing to someone but her.

Please log in to read the full chapter