chapter seven

Affluence~ Riches, Wealth
Please log in to read the full chapter

We are going to have day tomorrow and two days break for Thanksgiving. So I will try to write more often:)

~Dim

 

Chapter Seven;

Author Pov

^Y/n Closet

The weekend came by, a time of rest for Y/n. Not technically a rest for her hectic life, but at least it gets her from spending most of her time in the office. Y/n trotted out of her room, also dragging her tiredness and mortality with her. She had have enough of the empty room, alone with her computer and white blank sheets of papers. It was that morning that Jungkook came back from wherever he’d went. The unresponsive eyes and frown on his lip told her that Jungkook was in an unpleasant mood. His hair was gnarled, but still look soft to the point where Y/n wonder what shampoo he’d use this morning. She wanted to touch it and surely it was tempting, but she only grumble, facing the fact that Jungkook wouldn’t let her make any contact with his hair, and Tzuyu was probably the first girl to touch it which was unfair because she was also his wife.

Y/n wasn’t in the mood to chat up a conversation and walked pass Jungkook catching his eyes which trailed to her. There was the moment of silence until Y/n heard their TV turn on.

“You’ve eaten yet?” Y/n asked. She relied on her voice to bring Jungkook closer to her. They don’t have to act sweet around each other like married couple.

Jungkook didn’t answer her.

“I guess you’ve ate,” Y/n mumbled, a little unsatisfied and disappointed with the answer if it was even an answer. Her plan went downhill, feeling hopeless for this love she had tend to mend.

The awkward atmosphere they have right now was no surprise for Y/n. She slipped on the couch next to him, but at the other end of the couch, feeling slightly amuse by what he was watching on the screen. The weight on her shoulder lifted when Jungkook let out a mere laugh follow by a small cough to which she turn to face him but only to see him still facing the TV. She would’ve continue watching the TV, or only watched it to hear his laugh which sounds pretty desperate so she stick with watching the tv until her phone tuned in her pocket. Y/n looked at Jungkook, a hint of concern if he’ll notice before walking out of the living room to pick the call. She had thought she felt someone's eyes bordering on her, but it was just an illusion she probably made up to feel not so lonely beside Jungkook.

“Hello?”

“Y/n,” There was the deep voice Y/n had expected to hear. The person who made her not so lonely anymore like Jungkook had did.  She felt her heart warm up.

“Taehyung..”

“I just called to check on you. Did you see the new security yet?” Taehyung asked.

“Security?” Y/n questioned, didn’t realize her fingers were fidgeting.

“Why? Are you quitting?” Y/n asked worriedly.

“I haven’t ask for your permission to get a day off due to having a small cold, sorry Y/n,” Taehyung apologize. Y/n became aware of his raspy voice, less bold and deep like it usually does. She hope he didn’t hear her small sigh feeling her finger steadied and her heart as well. Letting a small wave of calmness pass through her, realizing that Taehyung didn’t give up on her yet, she walked out of the kitchen and to the living room.

“Are you okay?”

“Don’t worry, It’s just a small cold,” And she heard the boy letting out a loud cough. Her eyebrows inch together.

“You don’t sound okay,” Y/n deadpanned, hearing Taehyung laugh awkwardly.

“I guess so..I might be out for a few days if you want me to be honest,” Taehyung voice was quivering but he still manage to spit out the light hearted jokes. Y/n manage to laugh, but it didn’t help the fact that she was still worried for the poor boy. He’d done enough job for her, and until now had she realize that Taehyung was pretty much there for her through her rowdy days. He was a shoulder for her to cry on, and Y/n felt selfish to say that she still want Taehyung to be here even if the boy was sick to the core.

“You’ll be okay right?”

“I’ll be back before you know it,” He promised.

“Okay, make sure to rest and eat alright? Also, don’t leave the air condition on and keep warm,” Y/n noted.

“Araseo umma,” he chuckled as another cough followed.

“Aigoo! My giant baby, umma will come visit you later on, okay?” She said sarcastically, but she played along.

“Ye, Annyeong” he said as another cough was let out before the phone beeped off.

“People would actually think you're mother and son.” Hummed JungKook as Y/n eyes trailed up on him. Compare to him they were like David and Goliath. Y/n barely reached his neck. JungKook grabbed a glass cup and opened the fridge for water. Y/n only stood still watching him gulp down the water.

“What's so fascinating?” He murmured making the glass clattering on the counter.

“Did I burn your eyes with my looks?” He asked already thinking of an answer.

“Yeah, it’s a disgrace to my eyes.” She lied knowing darn well her eyes were blessed.

He jokingly touched his chest as if it hurt him badly.

“So what's with this nice guy act?” She said keeping a straight face. It was surprising to her for him to be so “funny” all of a sudden.

“Shouldn't I be nice to my wife?” He smirked. Her heart skipped a beat. The butterflies in her stomach surfed inside as if waiting for this moment to come.

“Of course you should, you- bum” she retorted.

“Yah, what's with this informality? I'm certainly a few years older than you.” He said acting all mighty.

“That's why I called you a bum.”

“It's not bum, but yeobo, jagiya or oppa. Y/n, aren't I 3 years older than you?” Her face flustered.

“No, 6 years” she corrected.

“Ahh… at least I landed on a young chick.” He grinned. Y/n felt her face heating up and immediately grab for the cup. She poured more water into the cup and drank it, hoping the water would make her face cool down. “That's an indirect kiss…” he murmured solemnly, seeming to have fun teasing her around. He enjoyed watching the blush form on her cheeks once again before she pulled back the cup as quickly as she had drinked it.

“Ya-YAH!” She stammered, punching his arm which were rough and toned with muscle.

JungKook flicked her forehead, “Tsk, it’s oppa” he seeped before running away after seeing the expression on her face. “Catch me if you can, you DWARF!” He laughed emphasizing his last word.

Y/n ran after him hoping the lessons she was taught during the days would be effective, but it was no use when it came to him. Adding to the fact that Jungkook is an athlete and a fire dispenser, she would have to extinguish it first before it spreads; and that was pretty much an excuse to why she can’t exercise. Her job was to stop a fire from starting and spreading, his tail of fire that even he can’t control. Jungkook only know how to start trouble without seeing the effect laid upon his action. And she was there, behind him, dragging a giant fire extinguisher with her.

 

JungKook made his way to the  bedroom before locking the door and saw her angry expression through the glass door. He the outside communication button and stuck his tongue out on her.

“YAH! YOU TROLL LOOKING GIANT! I'm gonna get payback! Even my dear parents haven't laid their hands on me.” She said trying to keep calm.

“That's probably why you have no manners!” He said opening the door only to close it again, but y/n was quick enough to slide through.

“Yah, payback is here” she yelled.

They roamed around the room chasing each other like little kids. Y/n caught the rim of his shirt and held onto it tightly, but Jungkook’s strength was too strong against her’s. He accidently stumbled against the two steps of stairs leading to their separate room, loosing balance immediately afterward. Y/n stumbled against him. Their feet straddled as they toppled on top of each other. Y/n landed on top of him, her ear pressed against his chest. She could hear his heartbeat sync to hers. He breathed heavily. Y/n let in the boy's tropical scent even though it was the end of fall.

Y/n quickly got up from their awkward position. “Bi-biane” she stuttered into an awkward cough.

She looked at Jungkook, trying to find any hint of flusterness or if his cheeks were flaring hot like hers were. She didn’t see anything, in the matter of fact, Jungkook look daze, eyes hollowed and empty, and he was thinking of something, so deep in thought that he might not have hear what Y/n said. Y/n saw him look at her with unidentifiable brown eyes. He stared at her like that, plainly out of nowhere and Y/n felt uncomfortable by his gaze, “I'm gonna head in. To shower” he finally spoke, but words so monotone, Y/n began to worry that she had did something wrong.

“Ye-yeah… same” she said quickly turning away from him. The butterflies were uncontrollable, she wanted to burst out but she couldn't, at least not in front of him. Her lips curved into a smile.

Y/n made her way into her space.

“AHH!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!” She squealed catching her breath which she's been holding in.

Y/n slept on the bed after thinking the situation made them closer now and she felt comfortable. She snuggled herself on the bed only for it be ruined by JungKook. He swept off the blanket.

Please log in to read the full chapter