Turning Saves

Deep Cuts

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!"

A face he recognised, but a foreign expression. A burst of warmth but sorrowful.

This warmth he had shared, with his brother, and 3 exes.
The warmth he is scared of.

This person's shout pulled his conscious back.

Baek Hyun flipped his eyes open, panting heavily.

"BYUN...Ah, seriously! I can't leave you alone at all."

There were huge big boulders wearing Baek Hyun down, but for a while, being able to see this person's worried face, somehow, everything bad disappeared.

Then again, that was the face of disappointment, the similarity of his expression reminds Baek Hyun of everyone who turned their backs on him when he was failing, falling in life.

"IT'S DANGEROUS!"

 

"So he's your colleague." The lady answers over the phone, a disinterested and irritated tone while she lifts a glass of water from the kitchen and passed it to Baek Hyun, curling up his legs on the couch in Chan Yeol's living room.

It took him a few minutes after he had regained conscious to realise he wasn't dead because his department head had saved him from the truck, pulling him from the side walk in time.

"Thanks." This was the lady Chan Yeol was with yesterday. A beautiful and gorgeous lady in curly hazel hair and round big eyes.

"After you are done drinking up, go back. I want to spend my time with Chan Yeollie." She pulled up her hair, tying it up into a bun. "You better thank him for saving your life, jeez, I don't get how you can welcome death like that."

Baek Hyun sat awkwardly with the glass in hand. 

Now that he's alive and safe, the most important was to deliver the letter, but in the end, he couldn't reach it...

Baek Hyun flipped his bag, pouring everything out.

The letter is missing!

Covering his face, he felt like he was going to go crazy. The most important and crucial small thing in his life at the moment is taken away again. What is this stupid life doing to him?!

His phone screen opened.

[1 new message, Department Head]

He picked it up, threw it together inside his bag and zipped it up, closing the door and went into his house.

Pills, pills, pills, pills...

Calm down, calm down, calm down.

His hands were shaking as he grabbed the pill bottle, 1, 2, 3 tablets and gobbled it down his mouth.
No water to assist, just his plain will to swallow all 3 down before he tugged his chest to stop his heavy breaths.

Slouching down in the kitchen, tears welling up in his eyes, dripping down his cheeks, he wallowed.

Life was definitely screwing him up in the head and mind.

The next important thing was to return Yun Ho's debt,
“A guy like you can easily earn 10 million a night"
That was his worth, low worth but the only way to return it. His life is in a mess now, what more does he need than to mess it up all the way.

He grabbed his bag, pulled out his phone but chose to ignore department head's message. Chan Yeol's disappointed face shows up in his mind, he didn't want to see it again, neither does he want to be associated to his help for awhile.

Scrolling through, he dabbed a number and called.

 

Dark alley way, but filled with pink and red lights flashing around.

Girls in skin tight red dress, cleavage revealing clothes and high heels, pulling guys into the love hotels.

It was sickening to see, but Baek Hyun himself is sick, he's no different than those girls, living for the sake of money, selling their body away dirt cheap for a human to some old ertic guys, probably fallen out of love or fired from their jobs with broken families.

"Ah Baek, you finally know where you stand in society." One of the debtors pulled his arms over Baek Hyun, only to get a hit off him.

"Don't worry, we'll bring you somewhere better than this dirt street, we have a huge client who's willing to pay you a lot if you manage to entertain him well. HAHAAAHAHAHHA."

"See that big hotel at the back? Your client is there, now, you can have all the fun with him with all your body, mind and soul."

The 3 debtors laughed, poking fun of him as they paced down the dirt alley, standing in front of the hotel.
Baek Hyun had second thoughts but he had no other choice, that was the only way to pay his debts back.
He had nothing left more than this living body anyway.

Images from the street flashed back again.
Baek Hyun stopped.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE DOING!"

Things happened in the morning, but his mind remembers those words like Chan Yeol just shouted right beside him and that face he keeps wiping his mind off on.

Yea...what was he doing?
Paying debts?

"You better thank him for saving your life..."

Saved?

...

Up to this point in life, he had been alone, facing the cruel realities that has fallen into his experiences one after another, destroying every bit of sense left in him, but it just sank into him that Chan Yeol had not just saved him, but was by his side. It wasn't a long period but he was there, sitting outside his gate, took care of a drunkard, and pulling him out of death's chase.

They may seem small favors to others, but to him, he was his savior, he needs to repay them, even if his feelings were realised for this guy. He can't have his life damaged again, not when someone is now...

"I...I don't think I can do this." Baek Hyun said at the lobby, right in front of the lift, darting eyes at the ground.

"HUH?!!" One of them pulled up his collar while another stopped him.

"Oi, there's people around. And , you are backing down from a huge client?"

The other man grabbed his wrist, dragging him into the oncoming lift as Baek Hyun struggled to break off. One of the debtors raised his fist. "DAMN IT YOU BETTER COOPERATE!"

This one punch in the face made Baek Hyun all the more reluctant to oblige, but it was painful enough to send him on the ground, regretting his impulsive choice. He felt his cheeks swell, fresh hot from the fist.

Suddenly, a group of men in black appeared, holding the 3 debtors back while they kicked around, trying to break free.

"DAMN IT BAEK HYUN, IF THE CLIENT COMES TO FIND YOU, YOU ARE GONE! DEAD!"

"I'm afraid you don't have a say." An older man in black suit appears within the black men.

"You are...!" One of the debtors pointed.

"Please calm down, master had been expecting your arrival." The older man spoke, before a few men helped Baek Hyun up from the ground.

Master?

Baek Hyun didn't know who he would see, but followed the older men to a private conference room in the hotel before the door closed behind them.

The light was dim but Baek Hyun could make a human figure out, sitting at the end of the conference table. The 3 debtors were released from grasp, hurling vulgaranties at the men but stopped when they saw a few suitcases lined themselves on the table.

"Please open them."

The 3 men did as told, stacked notes in USD were all that's filled in the suitcases. The debtors eyes sparkled at the sight.

"40 million won for the debt, please bring it back to your boss and never bother Baek Hyun shi anymore." The older man said.

Their attitude made a 180 degree change, bowing and thanking as their hands grabbed the suitcases happily. "T..Th...Thank you... We will not bother him anymore!"

Baek Hyun watched the guys scurrying out with the suitcases in disgust. Do they even deserve being near around money? He turned to the older man.

"I'm sorry, is there a reason why you are helping me?"

The older man smiled. "In return for paying your debt, please entertain our master for the night." He bowed before leaving the room with the other men.

Dumbstruck, Baek Hyun felt his hands shivering. In the end, he still has to sell his body away huh...
But this guy helped him pay his debt, one...one night...only right?
How far is this 'master' going to go?

"Don't worry, I won't do anything to you."

Baek Hyun lifts his eyes as the chairs turned, drips of cold sweat trickling as he gulped. This voice is...

The man smiled as the chairs turned, Baek Hyun's eyes dilated.

"Why...it's you..." Was all Baek Hyun could stutter.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry for not updating last week. Work plus time management phew.

But as always, Thanks for reading! :)