Forever Love 영원한 사랑

Glitches

 

His eyes were fixed at her playing the swings. Automatically his lips shaped a smile. Thirty minutes has passed, all the tears has dried up. Jaemi noticed him staring at her. She replied his smile and jumped out off the swing. Clumsily falls hard on the ground. "You're going to hurt yourself," said Jaebum putting his hands in his pockets. Jaemi giggled. "Ai...pretty," he whispers with a sigh.

   "I love swings." Jaemi walks towards Jaebum. "Should we start the serious conversation?"  Jaebum crossed his arms a mean that he was ready. "난 (I/nan)...너의 (am your/ neoie) 미래이야 (future/miraeiya)." She then bows 90 degrees. "My master, Im Jaebum." It was mind blowing for Jaebum. Turned out his mental was not ready to hear the real facts yet. Before he could question her she continued. "Like I said, your 20 years old from now has sent me here. I'm your future wife." It took three seconds when then,

.

.

.

   Jaebum burst out laughing. "If your my wife then...why,oh why did I sent you traveling across time to come here?" Jaemi smiled, her eyes blinked. "You get me right? It's funny. You see, what motive, did I sent you here if you're the one I'm marrying in the future. I must be crazy." His hands were on his hips, his eyes were looking up to the sky. "What on earth did I want to change in the past that I troubled myself to send you out here? Through my laptop? This is getting hilarious." Jaemi stared at him who was amused by his own words. Even so, she did not stop him. "Thinking about it now...your mission was to make me fall in love." He paused and looked at Jaemi. "Why...what was my 20 years old from now was thinking? Is that what I, no I mean him (future Jb) wants?" He glanced to the ground and did not gave space for Jaemi to respond. "This is crazy. Totally insane."

   He started giggling to himself. "Why did I do that? Wasn't I," his eyes fixed back on Jaemi. "Weren't I happy with you...Park Jimin?" When Jaebum mentioned her full name, Jaemi glitched. Her heart ached as if she was missing someone so badly. It was not a bad feeling for sure. Him calling her full name for the first time that was not originally hers' (she is a clone), even so, it felt great. Jaemi collected memories of the real Jimin and Jaebum in her data and answered him, "You were happy. We both were." "Then..."

"I died."

   After he heard those words slip through her lips, his smile faded. Jaebum murmured, "You-what." At the same time, the sky started crying. "I am sorry. I am a clone of your wife." Jaebum's eyes were falling deep into Jaemi's eyes. She left him speechless. 

 "I will not tell you how I died. Even though I am a clone, I have the exact detail of her life, her pain. her emotions. We are genetically identical. It may sound illogical. Yes, you made me by using great technologies you've sent me back in the past to change our fate. I believe you were in pain after the incident occured and to not suffer the lost, you decided to refine me. But I told you didn't I, Jb? I am glitching because I love you and this would cause me to not exist in other words perish. But then you( future Jb) changed plans, you said that you didn't want me to entirely vanish in the world. Before you said that, I thought you hated me so much to even send me here to fix your fate. But no, you don't hate me, you-"

   "I (future Jb) was scared." Jaebum finished her sentence. His voice was soundless. It almost sounded as if he was whispering. "I love you." Jaemi held both of his shoulders. Jaebum was confused. "Im Jaebum I love you." She glitched. She repeated it again and glitched. "What's with the look? Is it because I told you I'm a clone? A biology lab born human?" She nodded as if she heard Jaebum's answer. "I thought so. Are you scared of me now? When you assumed I was a robot, you seemed fine. Hmmm, do you find me freaky? Well to be exact a clone is also a human too." She waves her hands in front of his face. Jaemi realized Jaebum was still surprised with what she told him. She placed  her hands in her jacket pocket's and gazed at him. 

   Not a smile or even a word. Is this how it's going to end? She thought to herself. The rain continuously showered on them.

.

.

.

.

.

.

   "Have you ever wondered why it's always raining when you're with me?" Jaebum's eyes still fixed on her. He did not budge. "On the day Jimin (referring to the real Jimin) lied in the middle of the road, it was pouring rain. Jimin was on her way to meet Jaebum as promised, 9.00p.m, restaurant. White dress, leather jacket. Jimin was excited. It happened so fast. Blood."

"Stop."

Jaemi glitched. 

"Why are you telling me this?" Jaebum watched her glitch again. "Are you telling me this on purpose?" She glitched harder. "Park Jimin stop glitching!"

She laughed at him when he shouted her name. "You are smart. (meaning that Jaebum guessed right) But I can't help myself. Because I love you." Jaemi glitched and suddenly her left hand faded.

   Knowing what would come if she glitched more, Jaebum held her shoulders tight. "Stop it. Stop it right now." "I'm just a clone. Why are you worrying so much?" 

"Are you upset that you're not the real Jimin is that it?" she did not answer him and let herself glitch, she lost her arm. "Jimin listen to me!"

"I am."

"You're important to me. You are the key to my life. If I lose you, I'll lose you forever. Have you forgotten that??"

Jaemi puts her right palm against his cheek. "I know but Jaebum my heart, it's not listening to me. I'm sorry." 

   Her legs were on and off slowly disappearing and soon she colllapsed. Jaebum took quick actions by holding her in his arms. "No Jimin. No-tell me what to do. You can't do this to me, no-Please," he cried. "I don't think even if I die here, I'd certainly never will be born back again." "What are you talking about?"

"I know we'll meet again in the future. The real Jimin which is. You'll date me and we'd get married. I don't believe and I don't want to believe anything what master says."

"How?"

"I thought about it a lot and came to a conclusion that if I die here, in the past I would have to trade my memory to remain my existence in the future."

"Then you'll forget me. What if you don't recognize me and end up with another guy instead of me?" Jaemi let out a little chuckle as his words reminded herself when she was worried about him. "How could you still smile in this situation? Say something more convincing, that we will meet again."

Jaemi glitched. It was painful more than ever, where this time it made her tears fall out of her eyes. "You do love me don't you?" Her voice sounded painful. Jaebum nodded and he sniffed a little. "I told you how I died because..." She paused, dragging the still sobbing. Her right arm faded. "Because you can change that."

"But how??"

"Prevent that from happening."

"How can you be so assured?"

"Love...will find us. Plus i've told you in advance. I know you can." She looked at his outstretched hand, then tilted her head back slightly and looked at his nose then said, "Once destined, always destined. I think it's time."

"What if we don't?" Jaebum's voice cracked. He had a lot of questions running in his head and he was desperate for answers. Too eager, but to be honest he did  not actually was in need exact answers from her. He just wanted her to still talk to him,look at him, stare at him,  just the way she is doing right now, with eyes open, still breathing. Jaebum wished that time would stop. He wanted for this moment to last longer. His hands were shaking, his heart was trembling. Deep inside he was afraid. Frightened as he could not trust her words; we'll meet again in the future.

"Jaebum ah, you fear too much." She smiled as she read his mind. "Live a happy life, you'll achieve your dream as a singer, and that is where you'll find me. There will be a lot of changes after we meet, and massive things going to happen. Drop hints for me that you like me. Win me over again. And-"

Jaebum opened his mouth...

   

   "You have to be there. I'll find you."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Do you regret it?” Jaebum asked her.
And Jaemi always knew questions like that were going to come her way; but maybe that wasn’t such a bad thing after all. Maybe it was the opportunity for her to finally admit the truth to herself.
And so she told him, “no - no, I don’t regret it,” and for once she could look back on this love without a heavy heart, or words burning in and tripping over her own words - instead she could accept it for what it was, “just because the end was confusingly painful, doesn’t mean she didn’t enjoy what she had. People come and go all the time, it’s just a matter of when.”
Jaebum just looked at her, with the same realization in his eyes and then he asked, “if you were in my shoes, (the future jb) would you change (the past) anything though?”
Jaemi never told him this but there was a lot of things she would’ve changed, and there’re a lot of things she never got to say or do, but she don’t know maybe that’s for the better (referring to if she was the one who lost him a.k.a died) and so she just told him, “I think I would accept reality and go on living, but uh,” and she let out a little chuckle, “Because I love you, I might probably do the same mistake like you did.””

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 "Drop hints for me that you like me." - Park Jimin

Im Jaebum remembered what she said, when finally he met her (in the same company for God sake) after years of waiting and he realized that she was right all along how once destined, always destined. And so he did as he was told; dropping secretly-not-so-obvious  hints to 'win her over again'.

 

 

 

 

 

 

At 0:03 Jaebum listened to Jimin attentively.