See the light 빛이나

Glitches

The school's break has arrived and Jaemi was so excited. Everyone was gathering in the kitchen for breakfast except for Jaebum who slept in late. Jaemi helped Mrs. Im prepare the table. Mr. Im was busy reading the newspapers. He was immersed with it. "Jaemi you look happy today. Are you having plans for this holiday?" Jaemi places two empty bowls in front of her. 

  She smiles to Mrs. Im as a reply. Jaemi pours in Joyful Cereal in her bowl and milk. She does the same for the other bowl. "Is that for Jaebum? Oh sweetheart how many times have I told you, he prefers rice in the morning."

Jaemi's mouth opened as if she just realized it and nods. She forgot about that. She's used to care for what Jaebum needs since from the day she came to help him. Anything Jaemi's having, she'll prepare it for him too. "Thank you." Jaebum pulled his chair and settles down. He picked up his spoon and eats his cereal. Mrs. Im looks at her husband than to Jaemi. whispered 'wow'.

  "What? She already made it for me. It'll be waste if I don't," Jaebum said as he continues eating. Jaemi smiles. "What are you going to do?" She asks him. Mr and Mrs. Im was all ears. Jaebum puts his spoon down. "I'm going to hang out with my friends." Jaemi blinked to his answer. Her back was straight. "Hang out. Hang out means spending time with people that you are comfortable with such as friends and family or lovers. Doing light activities which is fun and rests the mind."

  Jaebum then started laughing. Mr and Mrs. Im followed his laugh awkwardly. "I am very glad that I amused all of you." Jaemi said with an off smile. "Sir, you mentioned that you're going out with your friends. Are there girls too?" "Sir?" Mr. Im bolded it out. "Oh, Jaemi stop the act. We promised remember." Jaemi tilts her head. She doesn't understand what Jaebum is saying. "What act, pumpkin? Even that day I heard Jaemi calling you sir," Mrs.Im said. Jaebum smiles to his parents. He was arranging a fake story in his head to cover up.

  "At school. We're...both doing an act. Theater stuff. I'm Sir urm Sir...Hops A Lot." "Lieying detected." Jaebum looked at Jaemi whom didn't understand the 'danger' state right now. "Yea, Jaemi. Its not Sir Hops A Lot it's Sir Meet Me Upstairs." Mr and Mrs. Im repeated his character name. Jaebum coughed, "Now." Jaemi shook her head. "If you're only hanging out with boys then when are you going to ask her out?" Jaebum bit his lips. "Ask who out? You like someone son?" Mr. Im asks Jaebum.

  He lowered his head, play his cereal with the spoon. Mr and Mrs. Im glance to each other again and asked simultaneously, "Who?"

Jaebum kicks Jaemi's legs under the table. He wanted Jaemi to stop his parents and run away upstairs or somewhere safe. Jaemi understood the signal. "Mom dad, it was a line from our theater script," she said confidently to convince his parents. Mr and Mrs. Im were spaced out. "Sir Meet Me Upstairs, are you done with your breakfast?" Jaebum quickly nods and stood up from his chair. Together they dissappear upstairs. "Well," Mrs. Im looks at her husband. "Lets not buy that 'Joyful Cereal' ever again." Mr. Im said and continued eating.

***

  Jaebum closes his door behind him. "That was so close. They'd freak out if they now your identity." Jaebum stands against his door. "You should learn to call me by my name from now on." Jaemi tilts her head. "Don't do that. That puppy face like you don't get me." She tilts her head to the other side. Jaebum shook his head. He passes Jaemi who was standing in the middle of his room and sat on his bed. "You don't look happy. I'm reading you." He falls his back on his bed. "Sir you are having mix feelings." Jaebum looks at her. 

  "What did I tell you to call me again?" He reminds her. "I cannot do that. Master does not allow me to do that. By the way, when are you going to ask Yoona out?" Jaebum looks away. "Have you lost interest in her?" She gave him another question. Jaebum grunts, "What if I did?" Jaemi climbed up his bed. She leaned in his face.

   It was so sudden.

After three seconds she backens. "You scanned me again. Now you probably know what's with me," said Jaebum. It took quite time for her to reply him. "It is alright to have some feelings for another girl besides Yoona. But," Jaemi paused. "Is what I'm thinking true?" Jaebum asks her for a confirmation about his heart. 

  Jaemi smiles. "You cannot love me." It was the first time for Jaebum to hear that from a girl. It felt like a rejection. He was embarrassed. To cover up, "I just thought if I like you then my problem is solved. And hey, you can go home. Back to the future. Right?" She leans in again. Jaemi sneers at him. "You'll not get rid of me that easily." 

  She heads to the door. "Oh and please." Jaemi turns back to Jaebum. "Never have those thoughts again. I have a feeling that you'll regret it. I am from the future. I can predict things, keep that on mind." She holds the door's knob. "I warn you, Jaebum." Jaemi then walks out of her room. Hearing his name being called by Jaemi, he felt like he has heard that before. 

***

Love Hunting, 9.00 a.m.

  He received a text message from Jaemi. "No not again no." "I heard that. Get up. Get up." Jaemi pulls his legs. Not long they were now in a public library. "Why are we here? We were here yesterday and the day other. You know this is why I can't find any girls. Cause you just bring me to one place." Jaemi puts her finger on her lips a sign for him to be quiet. "I brought someone with me so I'll not get bored." Jaebum looked around. "She's here duck!" Jaemi pulled Jaebum down. They were hiding behind book shelves. 

  From their hiding place, they could see Yoona sitting down doing stuff. When Jaebum discovered Yoona, he could tell that Jaemi hasn't given up on her to be his girlfriend. "Okay, go to her and try to talk." Jaemi puts her hands on his shoulder. "I scanned you. And you like girls who reads books. Yoona likes them. I'm guessing you still like her after all." "You scanned without my permission."

  Jaemi then stood up. Jinyoung and Jackson arrived. "You called them?" Jaemi nods and pushes him. "Make a move. Go." Before he could say anything he was pushed far from the hideout. He glances to where Yoona was sitting. "She looks pretty," he whispered. "Maybe I was confused. I guess I do still like Yoona. Okay deep breath." Jaebum tries to calm himself. He receieves a message from Jaemi:

You can do it. 

  He looks back at the hideout after receiving that message. The three of them were gone. Jaebumm tries to relax his muscles. He then walks up to Yoona, slowly.

***

  "How'd you know the story if you hadn't even read this book?" Jackson laughed at Jinyoung's question. "Even Jackson can tell," Jaemi said. Jinyoung looked back at the book. The Red Riding Hood ."I guess I was too cool to even read this book when I was a kid." Jackson then started playing a game. Whoever finds the most book with the letter Z in the title in 10 minutes wins. "Loser has to send the books back to where it came from." Jackson said. He was exuberant. "Meet you guys back here then." Jaemi fled quickly.

  The three ran around in the library in search for it.

  "Z book. Z..." She checked every row It was hard to find the letter. Five minutes passed and she was in a hurry. She could see Jackson not far from 'kid zone' which is where she is.  "That guy already has two. Did he find it himself or seeked help? I need to find something too." Jaemi taps her fingers as she checks the books in front of her. "Nice." Jaemi found The Wizard of Oz. Suddenly Jinyoung appeared. "You followed me. No fair," she said as soon as she sees him entering her book zone.

"My legs brought me here. And I could see you've found one." He approaches her. 

"Don't come close. You can't steal it away from me." Jaemi walks backways.

"Jackson didn't mentioned that. Plus, time is running out." Jinyoung smiled.

  Thats when she knew it was time to run.

***

Yoona twirled her hair with her fingers. "I'm surprised to see you here." Jaebum smiles. His eyes wondered on her books on the table. "Did you come with her again?" 

  "My friends said they saw you yesterday with her." She explained. "Oh yea-"

"Do you like her?" Yoona asks Jaebum. Her question was not expected by him. Jaebum couldn't answer her right on spot. "You're always with her. Since the day she came to school. Are you in a relationship with her?"

"Urm no." He looks at her to see her reaction.

"You look like you're being careful with your words." Yoona swiflty plays her pen on her pink lips. "Perhaps, you like me?" Yoona asked another question. It made Jaebum's ears turn red. He was sweating. Yoona smirks. "Can you help me out with this? I can't seem to understand these math questions." She pushes her book at him.

  Jaebum took her book. "If you're coming tomorrow. I'll give you the other half of it." Yoona then suddenly packs her things as if she was ready to leave. As if he was stupid enough to know that he was being used by her, he didn't refused. "See you." Yoona winks to Jaebum and left him. A message then enters his phone:

   She's leaving. Have you confessed? How'd it go?

 ***

   Jinyoung, Jackson and Jaemi gathered around. "I won. Jinyoung came second. Jaemi you lost." Jaemi slid her phone in her pocket after texting to Jaebum. "If it weren't for Jinyoung." She cross her arms. Jackson's phone then rang. He passes his books to Jinyoung He quickly answers it before he gets chased out of the library. "Well, Jaemi it was fun today. But I gotta go. Yugyeom called he wants to play with me. Thanks. And congrats for losing. Oh and tell me what happened between them,okay?" Jackson waves goodbye as he left. 

  "Now what?" Jinyoung asks. Jaemi takes the books from Jinyoung. "Four,three,one. Nine books." She heads to place them back on their shelves according to their genres. Jinyoung follows her. "You know you could just leave it on the trolly. The librarians will sort it out." Jaemi stopped. She found the place for two books that she was holding. "But it is the rules. We made a deal." Jaemi smiles at him. Automatically Jinyoung smiled too. "I think I like you Jaemi."

  Meanwhile, Jaebum was still stuck on his seat. He was looking at Yoona's book and Jaemi's texts. He then could hear Jaemi's giggles. His eyes searched for her and there he saw her. Black sneakers, casual top, blue jeans. "Jaemi..." her name slips through his lips. He has this weird feeling about her. Jaebum could feel warmness around her. Like she's someone from a long time ago. Her smiles feels like home. Jaebum then thinks of Yoona. "She doesn't even smile to me. Only if there was something up." 

   Jaebum his lips. He smiled. "Yoona...she used me." He finally realizes all this time. He was blinded by love. Jaebum had the urge to tell Jaemi about it. He looked back at Jaemi then to Yoona's book. He took the book and ran out of the library. His heart beat was racing. It somehow was a nice feeling. He looked around to find Yoona. His legs brought him somewhere and there was Yoona. She was kissing a guy. Jaebum smiled. He approached her and called her by her name.

   Yoona gasped. "Jaebum I-" Jaebum hands her book back. "I'm glad I've changed hearts." Yoona was confused. "That's right, you're not my crush anymore." He sneers and runs back to the library. He felt free for the first time. He couldn't hide his happiness to let Yoona go finally. All he had in his mind now is Jaemi. Jaebum's now sure about his feelings. He wants Jaemi. He wants her to be his.

   Nothing could stop him and before he knew it, he was ten steps from where Jaemi and Jinyoung was. Jaebum was smiling as soon as he found her. Jaemi was standing, in his eyes she was shining bright as the light. Jaebum was sure about her. But then his smile vanishes. Jinyoung kissed Jaemi.