If 만약에

Glitches

 

October 30

  An early fall morning Jaebum woke up with a strange thought "Something's gonna happen." The weather was beautiful and the morning promised a perfect day. He was still in bed, enjoying the sun and fresh air. Suddenly, the phone rang. Jaebum got it and a strange voice said:

"Good morning. Are you ready?" 

  He froze for two seconds. This voice, seems familiar. "Boo!" Surprised, Jaebum jumped out of bed. "How is this possible??" Jaemi smiled,showing her teeth. "We touched tips,yesterday," she giggled. He looks to his hands and screamed. Jaemi laughed. The scream lasted for a good five second. Jaebum frowned. He then said, "You find this funny? Get out. This is trespassing. I don't know you. You're a trespasser. Get out right now!" 

  Quickly he stood up and grabbed Jaemi's arm in a mean to drag her out. She struggles. "Stop. Do not do this to me-" Jaebum did not listen. He was determined to shoo her away. "I warn you. I will Zap you." He smirked, not knowing what was about to come. His grip tightens with full force. Jaemi's arm started to dent. "Zap complete load," she whispered and Jaebum scremed, again. He tasted her Zap and it felt like;

  

"What are you!" Jaemi smiled. "I am A.I-" Jaebum face palmed her. "You already introduced yourself. Skip that. So you're not a dream after all." He let out a grief sigh. "Sir, it is time for school," said Jaemi as she points to his wall clock; 7.00 a.m. "Shoot I'm running late." Jaebum took off his top and his pants. Then he stopped as his pants were midway lowered down between his legs. He glance a look up. 

  She was smiling innocently in front of him. "Are you crazy? I need privacy please!" Jaemi nods and turns. "Imagine if mom and dad finds out about this. They'll think I'm crazy. Now just wait here and keep silent," He mumbled.

***

  Jaebum buttons his school top nicely. "I think I'm ready, you can come out from your hiding." He finally looks up. "I'm done. Come out now." The silence in his room made him anxious. "She's gone?" His lips formed a slight smile. But then he heard giggles from downstairs. "Don't tell me..."

  He flew down to the sound as fast as lightning. Jaebum found Jaemi and his parents gathered in the living room. He froze. "You're up son, Goodmorning." Mr. Im welcomes him in the conversation. Mrs. Im makes hand gestures, calling Jaebum to come sit with them. Jaebum took small steps. He glanced from his parents to Jaemi, who was happily waving at him. As soon as he sat down, "I can explain." Mr and Mrs. Im laughed. Jaemi looked at Jaebum with a creepy smile. 

  Once again, he was hit by confusion. "What is it son? You're acting weird already." Mr. Im said as he switch warm glances with his wife. Jaebum frowned and pointed his finger to Jaemi,sitting in front of him. "Oh dear, have you forgotten? Jaemi is living with us 'till your auntie and uncle come home from California,U.S." 

  That just made completely no sense. "She came from my laptop-" "I can't wait to go to school." Jaemi cutted him off. Jaebum's eyes rounded. "School?My school?" Mr. Im stood up. "Both of you should hurry now. The bus will leave soon. Jaemi, you should get changed." Jaemi gave Mr. Im her sweetest smiles. "Don't worry. I'm the fastest on earth." She then grabs hold Jaebum's hand and took off.

  After two minutes of running, Jaebum lets go her grip harshly. "I'm confused." Jaemi tilts her head. Jaebum starts walking around in circles. "What is this? What did I even do last night? Uncle, auntie? California,U.S? School? Staying? Living? Robot? Please," he held her shoulders. "Explain." Jaebum grits his teeth. "I am A.I Park Jaemi, I come from the future. I was sent here to help you with your 'love' life. As you can see, here I play the role as your cousin. And according to your parents my mom and dad are in California,U.S, well that is what they think. I have manipulated their brains to think that way."

  Jaebum's jaws drop. "What the eff?? I don't get it. Why would you even- Okay lets say God wants to help me. But why in the weirdest way would God send you. Like only in Tv's these kind of things happen." He noticed Jaemi staring at him, dumbfounded. "I could not catch a word you are trying to say but I know that you're asking why I manipulated your parents' brains. The reason is so that I can help you better. By being close with you sir, I'd be a handy tool for you in success of getting your so called crush."

  "I don't trust you." Jaemi smiled. "Sir, I can sense that you want to do dirty things on me." Jaebum gasped. She read his mind. "I...did not." He stuttered. "I just...how are you going to school? You're not wearing a uniform-" In a blink of an eye, Jaemi changed herself in the school's uniform. "How'd you know that's our school's uniform?" 

"I knew because you imagined me wearing it."

"You can read minds?"

"In my definition, it is called 'scanning'."

"What's the colour of my pants that I'm wearing?"

"Red. with a white strip. Calvin Klein."

"Stop how dare you-"

"Bus!" Jaemi drags him.

***

  Jaemi was amazed as soon as she step foot in his school. "Stop being amazed. Everyone's looking." Jaebum whispered slowly. He then finds her giggling. "What is it?" "Some girls aren't wearing their today." Jaebum's ears turned red hearing what she said. "Jaebum's crush, Im Yoona, detected at 3 O'clock. Heading to class. Red bag pack. History and Korean book in her hands. Wearing light yellow bra with matching underwear-" Jaebum cupped .

  "You don't need to tell me so specifically." Jaemi looks at him. She scans him. "Shy. Embarressed. Curious. -" Jaebum had goosebumps. 

Tap.Tap. "You two head to class right now!" The teacher who was incharge scowled the students. "A.I Park whatever I'll just call you Jaemi, you call me sir right? So basically i'm somewhat your master." "But I already have one-" Jaebum scoffed. "Do me a favor." Jaemi smiles. "Don't scan people without my permission. Second, in school we don't know each other. Got that?"

  "But how can I help you then?" Jaemi blinks as she asks him. "I never asked for your help." "You 'click'ed for me." Jaebum turns to walk away. "Everybody makes mistakes. It was an error." She follows behind. "I could only return once I settle your 'girl' problems." Jaebum ignores her. "This is a major problem. If I don't help you. You'll suffer 'bachelor' disease forever. You cannot overcome it alone. I was sent here for a reason. I have told you. I , A.I Park Jaemi will-"

  "Careful now." Jaemi bumped someone. Jaebum turned back to look at her as she suddenly stopped nagging him. He let out a grief sigh. He hopes she would not bother him the entire day. Jaebum continues walking in his class. 

  5'10'' tall. Blood type O. Park Jinyoung. Same ages as Sir Jaebum. "Urm, hey?" Jaemi stopped scanning. "I'm sorry, Park Jinyoung." Jinyoung was surprised. "Have we met? I haven't seen you around." Jaemi smiled as it is the only thing she's best at. "I'm new." Jinyoung opened his mouth and let air come out as he says, "Ah, i see." "You're here. Just about time," teacher Jung approaches them. 

  Teacher Jung enters along with Jaemi behind him. The students greeted him with respect. Jaebum eyes were fixed on the girl behind teacher Jung. "Please don't tell me she's-"

"Hello. I am Park Jaemi." 

  As the intoduction was over. She sits at an empty seat near Jaebum. "You!" He literally stood from his seat.

All eyes fixed on him. Even Yoona, his crush. Jaemi looked at him with an innocent look. Their eyes were their mouth. Jaebum asked her to leave using telapathy. Unfortunately, although Jaemi could read his intentions, she smiles and asks, "Yes?" It left Jaebum speechless. He noticed the whole class giving weird looks to him. Even his bestfriends Jinyoung,Mark, Jackson,Youngjae,Yugyeom and Bambam. Worse, Yoona was looking. "Is there a problem Mr Jaebum?" Teacher Jung asks. 

  "No." Awkwardly he sits down and lowers his head.

***

  Jaemi had fun in school. She made new friends. Everyone loved her. Jaemi is a goofball. She fitted in perfectly. Only one guy didn't approved her presence, Im Jaebum. But he couldn't hate her anyways. He was in debt with her. In every school project, she tried to make Yoona in Jaebum's group. She'd be always making things happen 'coincidentally' around Yoona and Jaebum. He was thankful for what Jaemi has done for him. Jaemi counted Yoona's and Jaebum's rate of heartbeat every time after she laid her traps for them to have a moment together. Even though Jaebum was quite, protesting on Jaemi's ideas, he didn't refuse. As he really liked the feeling being around Yoona.

  This continued for a month. Results: 2% Yoona. 100%> Sir Jaebum. Hence, Jaebum is engrossed in his own love world.

  "I give up. Nothing will happen between us." Jaebum let out a heavy sigh as he toss the ball to his friends in the field. He sits beside Jaemi on the stairs. "You can't give up." Jaebum looks at her. "Cause i'm not letting you." He then smiles. "Stop." She joins him smiling. "You've never smiled to me. This is a first." "Really?"

"You see, it does not have to be Yoona. There's tons of girls out there. If you smile often, just like your smiling to me right now. Girls might probably be attracted to you. Don't just smile to someone you like. It is not fair."

"How is that not fair? I smile to the ones I like. That's fair enough. And Jaemi, do wear your shoes. People might think you're weird. No one takes their shoes off especially in P.E class."

"I just like it. My feet feel free."

"I thought you have no feelings."

"Is that a feeling? I just said I 'like' it."

"You don't seem like a robot now that i'm looking at you closely."

"May we go back to our main conversation?" Jaemi continues, "I learn that smiling brings joy to everybody. See?" Jaemi smiles showing her teeth. "Do this, and I bet you might get a date in a jiffy."

"How could you be so confident?" 

"I just know." Jaemi then changed her attention towards Jinyoung who called her out on the field. "Okay. I'm coming," she said excitedly.

"Wear your shoes first. Jaemi are listening to me? Wear your-"

  She hurried her steps when then, "Woaah."

  Jaebum grabs Jaemi quickly by her waist. His eyes met hers. Jaebum was stunned as he looked at Jaemi who was in his arms. "Thank you,sir." Jaemi smiled. Jinyoung approached and helped Jaemi stand by taking her hand. "Are you okay?" Jaemi nods and pulls Jinyoung to the field to play with the others. "Jaemi wait, your shoes." It was too late. Jaemi was already far from Jaebum. 

  "Your shoes Jaemi." One student asked her. "Where's your shoes? Can you play without them?" Another student asked. Her classmated were all concerned about her. Jinyoung even wanted to come back and take her shoes but Jaemi shook her head saying, "I like this way." No one judged her cheerful extraordinary attitude.

  He watches her from a far. Jaemi's words came across his mind. It doesn't have to be Yoona. There's tons of girls out there. "Jaebum right?" Jaebum turn to look at the owner's voice. "If you're not joining the rest, would you mind accompony me to the library?" He was astonished to see Yoona in front of him. He was speechless. His tounge twisted. "Jae...bum?"Yoona called out his name again. "Oh I..." He stuttered. He glanced a look to Jaemi out on the field. He needed help. 

  But then his surroundings became silent. Somehow he could only hear her laughs in the field with the others. His eyes gazed at her, playing enthusiastically. Her black hair flowing sideways. Jaebum coudln't tell what he was thinking. A minute ago he was surprised in a good way as Yoona finally recognizes him and seeks for Jaemi's help. Now...looking at her, he couldn't tell what he wants.

  Yoona touched his shoulder. She noticed him wondering off track. "I don't think." Jaebum paused. He lowers his head. "I think I can't accompany you today." "How about tomorrow? Want to help me clean the classroom after school?" Jaebum took the courage and looked directly in Yoona's eyes. "I..." He glanced to Jaemi again. If Jaemi was here what would she want me to say? He thought to himself. "Maybe." Yoona smiled. Jaebum smiled back. She then leaves him. 

***

  "Jaebum!!" Jaemi shouted his name as she runs towards him. She saw everything that happened between him and Yoona a while ago. "So?" Jaemi was excited. Jaebum watched her. "You don't want to tell me? Alright I'll scan you." Her smile then vanishes. Jaebum gulps. Whatever Jaemi is about to tell him, he actually also wants to know his state of mind right now. "I detect that you were surprised and 30% stunned when Yoona called your name." Jaemi twitched her eyebrows. "I feel that your heart is wavered by someone else. But." Jaemi smiles.

  She crossed her arms. "Is there someone else? Who?" She looked excited. "This is a good thing. Your love cells are working more complex now that you are starting to get attracted to other girls."

  It was a three second silence when Jaebum then says, "If..."