She's a monster

Glitches

   The kiss ended after three seconds, Jinyoung backens. His eyes were sparkling, trying to read Jaemi's reaction. "I'm sorry. Master does not allow me to fall in love." Jaemi said. "Master?" Jinyoung bolds it out.  Jaemi discovers Jaebum and calls him. "How did it go?" Her attention was now on Jaebum and it made Jinyoung upset. "What were you guys doing?" Without hesitation Jaebum asks them. "You already saw it," Jaemi replied with no emotion. It surprised Jaebum that he was speechless. 

"We kissed. Me and Jinyoung, our lips touched." Jinyoung find Jaemi more interesting as she was so straight forward. "Have you confessed to Yoona?" Jaemi hasn't given up on her love hunting project.

Jaebum rolled his eyes, "Let's go home." He takes her by her wrist. Jinyoung holds her other hand. 

"I sense an intense situation occuring." Jaemi's eyes widened briefly then opened and promptly shut it again.

"It's so obvious when you like someone," Jinyoung launched his first fire towards Jaebum.

   Jaemi looks at Jinyoung. She wanted to scan him. "I don't give you permission. Look only to me," Jaebum said firmly to her while his eyes were on Jinyoung. But Jaemi already did. "Jinyoung and Jaebum are angry." Both of them glance at her then back to each other. "I assume you're her master," Jinyoung guessed. Jaebum sneered. "Don't kiss her ever again," he warns him. "Are you jealous right now? What happened with Yoona?" Jinyoung watched Jaebum's expressions. "It can't be...you like Jaemi don't you." His prediction was correct and it made Jaebum speechless.

   "Sir have you forgotten my warning?" Jaemi frowned. "Master? Sir? What relationship are you guys having?" Before Jinyoung could ask anything more further, Jaemi hold his arm turned him facing towards her and gave him a peck on his lips. She lets go of him two seconds later. Jinyoung smiled in a drunken way. Jaebum's jaws dropped. "What are you-" Jinyoung then falls on her shoulder. Jaebum freaked out. "Did you kill him??" She starts to count backwards. 3, 2, 1.

   Amazingly, Jinyoung woke up a nd the first thing he said was, "Did I lose?" Jaebum was way more confused than he should be. "No, Jinyoung I lost. I already placed the books back. I think it's time for you to go home." Jaemi said as she pats his shoulder. He smiles , "Bye guys." And walks out. Jaebum was dumbfounded. He starts staring at Jaemi. He had a lot of things to learn about A.I Park Jaemi. 'She has powers. She wiped his memory. Oh shoot'. 

***

They walked to the bus stop silently. Jaebum had a lot of questions in his mind. He was thinking about many things. Mostly about why Jaemi was sent to him. What is Jaemi? His mind is confusing him.

   A month has already passed and all he knows about her is that she is a robot. or is she not a robot? Also, the rules she set up. That he can't love her and she can't call him by his name. Another fresh thing Jaebum learnt of her was that she can wipe one's memory by smooching someone. Jinyoung kissed her but his memory was fine but when she lead the kiss, his certain part of memory wiped out. So that power works when she leads the kiss.

   He kept silent with all these thoughts in his head. "Sir?" Jaebum couldn't hear Jaemi calling beside him. He was so deep in his thoughts. "Can I scan you? I do not understand what is wrong with you. I need to know. To help you." Jinyoung leaned against the window. He watched the cars passing by. Jaebum just realised they've been on the bus for 125 minutes now. They also missed their pitstop. Jaemi taps his shoulder. "Your parents will be worried of your whereabouts. We should take another bus. Sir do you hear me?" 

   The silence killed Jaemi. She was curious to know what was in his mind. She can't figure it out unless she look's at him through his eyes. "I imagined if i ever get in love with a robot, I'd marry her and we'd have robot babies. I don't understand how I could let go my three years crush on Yoona for her whom we barely know each other. And it hasn't been even a year. Plus she's a robot. She came out from my laptop screen. Doesn't that sounds weird? I'm insane aren't I? Like how can I change hearts? How could I like her?" It slipped through his mouth, even he didn't realize he was speaking out his mind. 

   Times like this should be a calm dramatic atmoshpere but Jaemi burst into laughter. Jaebum slowly eyed her on his right. "It sounds like you're talking about me." Jaebum squint his eyes. He did not know if she was pretending to not know or is she that stupid. Jaemi's laugh slowly fades when she finds Jaebum gazing at her sharply. "Oh no," her smile vanishes. He let go a deep sigh and pressed the 'stop' button.

   He gets off the bus followed by Jaemi. She walks behind him. It was late. It was dark. No one was around. Jaemi looks up at the sky. She sensed rain. "We should head home. The clouds are going to cry any minute now." Jaebum heard her and smiled to how she explained the weather. He continued walking and the clouds started crying. "We should find shelter." Jaebum wasn't bothered by the rain infact, he found a place to settle down. He hugs himself and mumbles, "Out of a million people out here, why did you come to help me?" Jaemi did not understand directly. 

   Is that why he is acting like this? She questioned herself. Jaemi watches him. 

"I am sorry if my presence is a bother." Jaemi stands in front of him. The tip of their sneakers touched. "If you want me to return, then you should quickly fall inlove with someone. Overcome your fears. Until then, I will be gone for good." Jaebum's eyes were fixed on their sneakers. "What if I just can't?" He asks her, still lowering his head.

   Jaemi smiles to him even if he wasn't even looking at her. "I won't give up on you. My master would also do the same. Im Jaebum look at me." He finally looks up to her as he called him by his name. Their eyes met. "Say that again," he said. "I won't give-" "No, my name."

"Im Jaebum." Jaebum closed his eyes. He felt something when she mentioned his name. "Jaebum?" Jaemi tilts her head wondering what he is thinking.

   Hearing his name being called by her, Jaebum could feel something. He couldn't even explain it in words. That voice calling him sounds so familiar as if he has heard it before. As his eyes were closed and Jaemi was still calling out his name, picutres were suddenly flashed right before his eyes. It was so fast and the more his ears capture Jaemi's voice calling his name, he felt as if he was falling down a dark deep tunnel. But it wasn't scary, it was the opposite of that. Comfy, warm, home. Jaebum wondered what he was about to discover at the end of the tunnel and all the fast pictures in his mind. He had a lot of questions for Jaemi and he wondered what was the correct question he should ask to her.

   "Master won't like this," She whispered. Jaemi was kneeling the same height as Jaebum. His eyes opened right after she said that. "Who is your master?" Jaemi startled. She took a step back. Jaebum held on to her. "I shouldn't have called you by your name. I've warned you haven't I?" There were fear in her eyes. He took the chance to feel her skin as he grips her tightly. "You're not a robot." Jaemi's eyes widened. "Sir..."

   He lets go of her wrist. "Why do I feel like I've known you forever?" Jaemi does not reply instead she smiles at him. "I am your fairy godmother," she joked. Jaemi held her hand in the air. She was mesmerised by the raindrops. 

   "I know you have a lot of questions in your head. But I can't tell you unless I have to. You see." She paused checking if Jaebum was paying attention. "I hold a lot of secrets from you. If I told you, it wouldn't be interesting anymore." She plays the rain with her fingers. It doesn't matter now that they're both soaked in the rain. "While I'm still here, do me a favor and do not love me." "You scanned me again," Jaebum said. 

   Jaemi then glitched. She looked at him. "Don't worry it happen sometimes. I am real though I just have special abilities, I can tell you that. Please question me no further," she sounded so plain but her eyes were pleading. Jaebum did not know what she was so scared of. He smiled to her and finally stood up. Although he didn't get all the answers to his queries, knowing that she is real for now is enough.

***

Only a week left before school starts again. 

   "Come on, Jb!" Jaemi knocks his room door. Jaebum decided a nickname for Jaemi to call him. They hang out again this time out of the cities. Jaemi told him that he'd maybe find some girl out of town. Jaebum didn't refused. He took the chance to spend time with her. She even set up blind dates for him. Without her knowing, Jaebum intentionally flunk all the blind dates. "Its okay. We have tomorrow," Jaemi would say with a cheerful voice. 

   He finds interesting things about her as they go on trips 'love hunting' . Jaemi loves to eat fish, she's into r&b hiphop and she's very timid. Jaebum has confirmed that he has fallen for her. The more he looked at her the more he falls deep into her. He avoids Jaemi's eyes as he know that she'll scan him even without his permission. Sometimes her acts make him remember of someone. The weird thing is, no one in his past was like her. Is she my future? He'd come up with the craziest thoughts. 

   Time to time he becomes clueless. Jaemi was too nice towards him. It made him feel like he's not in a 'one sided love' situation. Her kindness, caringness, humor, cuteness makes him confuse. He came to a point where he does not want to return her home. He shall obey the rules. 'Don't love me'. As long as she doesn't know, it'll be fine, right?