Part 3

Time (Washing) Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Third Person’s POV

 

“Tone down will you?!” Jiyong covers the mouth of the other guy and shyly glances at Chaerin, who’s pondering over the revelation.

 

“Birthmark? Heart shape?” she mutters absentmindedly, making the father of the family grimaces in shame.

 

“Mole? ?” Jiyong snickers back, jolting Chaerin out of her reverie. She glares at him for teasing her but he just smiles back in triumph.

 

“Eww, why did they put carrot on the pancake? I hate carrots!” Jennie scrunches her face upon spotting an orange thing.

 

Minho laughs, “It seems like they blended the carrots and poured them on the mixture. Yuck!”

 

“I don’t want to eat that anymore! Mommy can eat them for me right?” she hopefully looks at the gawking Chaerin. “Mommy loves carrot! You told me to eat a lot but I can’t.”

 

“Hell no! You wish.” She shakes her head in disgust.

 

Jiyong scoffs, “If you would be our babies in the future, you might as well know that Chaerin hates carrot too, .”

 

“Mommy doesn’t eat carrots?” Minho’s eyes widen. “But she always saved Jennie from eating one whenever Daddy insisted for her health. Does it mean Mommy is lying?”

 

Chaerin suddenly turns red, “He..Hey! What’s with the look? Yah! Why are you trying to make me feel guilty?”

 

“Then, does it mean Daddy hates squid?” Jennie mumbles, remembering how her father used to save her whenever her mom forces her to eat one.

 

“How did you know?!” Jiyong asks, totally puzzled.

 

“I guess its true Oppa. They were lying about liking the foods. They just want us to eat those and not to copy them.” She sighs, totally losing her appetite.

 

“Well, we need to find more information.” Minho smirks, copying Jiyong’s. “And we can only do that if they will take us home…”

 

“Which is not going to happen.” Jiyong barks.

 

 

After much discussions, Jyong and Chaerin reluctantly take each one of the children on their way home.

 

 

 

 

 

Chaerin and Jennie

 

 

“Be quiet okay? I don’t want my mom to think that I’m just letting anybody in.” Chaerin whispers to Jennie as she tries to sneak her in their house. The girl nods happily, thinking that at last, her mother believes her.

 

“Yes Mommy…” she puts her finger against her lips, signaling that she will shut up as told.

 

“Stop calling me Mommy!” Chaerin glares at her.

 

“Then what should I call you?” Jennie pouts. “You are my mommy anyway…” she mumbles the last part.

 

“Call me Unnie instead.”

 

“Arrasso…Mommy Unnie.” Jennie reluctantly agrees.

 

“Aish!” Chaerin scratches her head, overwhelmed with the stress that the girl is giving her.

 

She leads her upstairs, hoping that they won’t meet her strict mother. Apparently, Mrs. Lee is kinda picky when it comes to Chaerin’s friends so it won’t be a good idea to let her see and scrutinize Jennie.

 

Unfortunately…

 

“Chaerin? What time is it? Why are you still out so late? And who is that chic? Your friend? I haven’t seen her before. Care to introduce her to me?” the machine gun excuse of a mother started her tirade.

 

‘Crap!’ Chaerin thinks at the back of her mind. ‘Here comes trouble!’

 

“Annyeong Grandm…Ajummah!” Jennie bows to her Grandmother as a sign of respect. “I am Kwon Jennie, the youngest daughter in my family. I have a beautiful mother, a handsome father and a cute older brother. I like eating kimchi and pancakes! Please take care of me.” She said cutely, captivating instantly the heart of the old Lee.

 

“Aigoo! What a sweet child! I think your mother raises you well.” Mrs. Lee smiles kindly at the visitor, leaving her own daughter to gawk in surprise. “Have you eaten? Come and follow me, I will prepare something for you. I think I still have some left over kimchi and tteokbokki in the fridge.”

 

“Sure Grand… Ajummah!” Jennie claps her hands and immediately follows her grandmother, leaving her flustered mother alone.

 

“D...Did that just happen?” Chaerin sighs in disbelief.

 

 

 

 

Chaerin scowls as she watches how her mom being all out to Jennie as they eat. It’s not like she’s jealous with the sudden shift of treatment but the mere fact that this girl is purely stranger to the both of them suddenly irks her doubt at her own mother’s ability to read people.

 

“This one is my favorite!” Jennie happily chomps the tteokbokki while her grandmother is looking at her fondly.

 

“Is it? I thought you wouldn’t like it because I changed some of the recipes. You know, Chaerin doesn’t like—“

 

“Too spicy? I know Grand—Ajummah! Me too, I don’t like if it’s too spicy. I like it with lots of eggs too. You put more egg whites right? My grandmother does the same that’s why I love it!” Jennie cheerily answered, making the older woman claps happily.

 

“And how did you know I don’t like my tteokbokki, extra spicy?” Chaerin scowls. Then again, she remembers Jennie’s annoying voice, calling her ‘Mommy’.

 

“Because you’re my—“

 

“I got it, continue eating!” she cuts her sentence before she can call her Mommy again in front of her own mother. She feels weirds being called like that but if she will just admit it, it doesn’t feel right when she forced her to call her Unnie instead.

 

‘I wonder how Jiyong is dealing with that guy.’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong and Mino

 

 

“Daddy? Where should I sleep?” Minho asks his father as he busies himself collecting the trash from the table.

 

“Daddy your face.” Jiyong glares at him. “Sleep on the floor or in the couch or anywhere you wanted.”

 

However, the boy just glared back at the same way he did. “I am sleeping on your bed Dad or else I’ll tell Mommy you are mistreating me.”

 

“What the—Hey you, this is my place so I make the rules okay?” Jiyong shots back, trying to hide the fact that the visitor intimidated him a bit.

 

“I can’t sleep if it’s not on the bed Dad!”

 

“You are not my son, so you won’t sleep on MY bed!”

 

“I am your son!”

 

“Sounds like a bull. Get off!” Jiyong shouts.

 

“I will tell Mommy Chaerin that you are scolding me!”

 

“As if she cares…she doesn’t even care about me.” He mumbles the last part.

 

“When Daddy upsets Mommy, he’ll just give her a new Rilakkuma bear and a basket of strawberries and they will be okay again.”

 

He rolls his eyes and scoffs, “Why would I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter