Aladdin and the Masked Figure

Mijoo in Fairytale Land

"Where did you get the appl- nevermind. Knowing you, you probably stole it from that one merchant that hates you the most," Yuta, the guy with the healing smile, said as he leaned back agaisnt the wall and eyed his friend.

Ten only did his usual cute eye smile before he tossed Yuta an apple and said, "You know it. I don't mean to steal and live this life, but I can't help it."

Yuta nodded as he bit into his apple. "True. Not like we have any other way to live. . . unless you finally got a job."

Ten quickly shook his head and gave the older guy a look. "Of course not. I have a dream," He said as he looked out the window and at the sky with a dreamy look.

Yuta made a face of disgust as he shook his head. "Again with that whole dream thing," He said as he clicked his tongue.

"Just watch, Yuta," Ten said as he kept holding that dreamy look on his face. "One day I'll be able to live my dream."

That was, if Ten was actually able to figure out what his dream was. Ever since he was little, Ten had lived out in the streets by himself, trying to find ways to survive without the help of anyone else. He eventually started stealing from merchants to live, although he never wanted to.

But Ten was never able to find another way to go on with his life. He'd once tried to get a job and start a stable life, but that just wasn't his thing. It felt wrong. So he had a dream he wanted to reach. Which was finding out his true dream, and his meaning in life. Finding what he truly wanted to do for the rest of his life.

"You're crazy," Yuta said as he tossed away his apple remains, "If you continue your life like this you will end up as nothing. Why don't you just marry the princess or something?"

"You're funny."

 

~~

 

"Should we head out?" Kihyun asked everyone.

"Well we ca not stay here all day," Yein replied with obvious sarcasm, making Jooheon and Wonho laugh.

Kihyun rolled his eyes and turned back around, ready to go down to the little village, when a masked figure dressed in all black suddenly appeared in front of them. "Who are you all and what brings you here?" A more feminine voice spoke.

"Who is this?" Mijoo whispered to Wonho as she tried to see who the masked figure was, but could only see the person's eyes since everything else was covered. Like a ninja. Wonho only shrugged. It sounds like a girl, but I thought it was a guy at first...

"Who are you?" Kihyun asked as he raised an eyebrow.

In a sudden motion the person took out a sword from their back and pointed it at Kihyun, but both his and Yein's reflexes were quick and in a swift motion Yein had an arrow placed in her bow and ready to aim, while Kihyun held a sword in his hand.

Mijoo looked back and forth between Yein and Kihyun and the masked figured. They all just stayed quiet and exchanged looks, as if waiting for any sudden movement. Or as if observing each other. "Well is someone going to speak?" Mijoo asked as she rolled her eyes. "We're not looking for trouble."

The masked figure lowered the sword. "Are you Kihyun and Yein, by any chance?" The figured asked after eyeing them suspciously.

"Yeah," Kihyun said as he and Yein both lowered their weapons. "Now, the question left, is who are you?"

"Me?" The masked figure asked before it scoffed. "I don't think it's that important when I'm in the presence of the two most wanted people on land. Did you come to steal from the rich?"

"No," Kihyun said as he got off his horse, "We came to recruit people for the rebellion."

"The rebellion?" The figure asked with very much interest. "Could I possibly join?"

"You?" Kihyun asked as he scanned the figure before turning back to Yein who only shrugged. "How good are you with that sword?" He asked as he signaled to the sword.

The masked figure looked down at the sword before raising it and saying, "Why don't you see for yourself?"

All in a single second, Kihyun raised his sword and sudden clashes of the swords were heard as he and the masked figure started a battle of their own. Mijoo's eyes kept blinking as she tried to focus but their moves were so fast and sudden; They went left and right, forward and back, their feet shuffling in such perfect movements, one would go in with the sword and the other one would make some sudden spin that appeared to be in slow motion before it suddenly sped up again and the swords clashed again in rapid motions.

It was all so facinating to Mijoo. It was like she was in an action movie. Or one of those historic dramas like Hwarang. The fighting was just epic and left her intrigued.

Soon enough the masked figured layed on the floor, weaponless, as Kihyun pointed his sword at them. They both were tired and breathing heavily, but held a strong gaze in their eyes.

"Not bad," Kihyun said as he brought his sword back up and helped the masked figure up. "You're in."

"I didn't think he would just let someone in like that," The white rabbit mumbled.

 

~~

 

Haeryung rode her horse through the forest with her black hood pulled up and her basket filled with many findings secured at the side. It had been a while since she parted with the others and was on her own. But there was something that made her feel uneasy. She looked around suspciously as she slowed the pace, pulling softly on the reins, before she kept on riding through the woods at a suddenly faster pace.

She was being followed and she knew it. She could hear the steps behind her, although if it was anyone else they probably wouldn't hear anything. But Haeryung had high instincts.

Feeling like whatever was following her wouldn't stop anytime soon, she stopped her horse and got off. 

Haeryung pulled her hood off, letting her long, gold locks fall down as she scanned the forest. She wasn't alone and she could sense it.

Being no amateur in defending herself, Haeryung reached for her basket and took out a small, glass bottle containing a gold, shimmery powder.

She walked over to a bush, hearing a voice as she got closer. Her steps were small and quiet as she approached with awareness. She-

"A-are you. . . Narrating what I'm doing?!"

Jangjun dropped his book and looked up at Haeryung with wide eyes. He let out a gasp as his rabbit paw made it's way to his mouth and his big ears shot up. "Y-You can see and hear me?!"

"Well obviously who else who I be talking to?!" Haeryung exclaimed as she held a very similar look of disbleief and shock.

"No no. . . This can't be," Jangjun started to rant as he quickly grabbed his book and began to hop around, "If I am the narrator then who would narrate this and if she can see then what the-"

Haeryung watched the white rabbit hop around with a horrified look as she had backed herself all to hih way up to a tree. Her hand was held agaisnt as her she tried to process what was happening.

"I've seen talking animals before b-but. . . What are you- and how do you- what is that- what?!"

Jangjun suddenly stopped hopping around and looked over at Haeryung. His eyes scanned the entire surroundings as he ran millions of ideas through his head as to how to handle the situation.

"Why couldn't the manual have had instructions on how to handle a situation like this," Jangjun mumbled. "All right, I guess I have no choice."

In a swift motion, just with a little poof, the white rabbit turned into a human. Taller than Haeryung and with a playful and handsome face.

Haeryung stayed watching Jangjun, no longer holding a horrified look. He couldn't read her expression, but she stood frozen and he was scared he had traumatized her beyond repair.

But she just stayed quiet and blank, before she suddenly asked, "Are you perhaps one of my cutomers? Did I give you a wrong potion?"

"What? No." Jangjun shook his head. "No, see, what happened, is. . . Uhm. . . I'm not from this world?"

"Like Mijoo?" Haeryung asked.

"Yes! Exactly like Mijoo!" Jangjun clapped and pointed at Haeryung, having found a way to explain. "You know how you sensed she isn't from this world?"

"How do you know that?"

"Doesn't matter. Anyways, in the real worl- I mean, Mijoo and I's world. . .  How do I explain this. . . Uhm, well, uh, things are very different. And this world here is. . . I can't explain this."

 

~~

 

The ocean, so blue and crystal like. Beautiful. A home to many creatures: Fishes of many kinds ranging in color and size, dolphins that jumped up high in the air before diving back into the water, even dangerous animals like sharks, and then the rulers of all those creatures, the mermaids and merman.

"Shin Bora!" The king of the sea called out to his youngest daughter. "Where is she?" He asked his workers as he looked around when he saw she wasn't showing.

"I fear she may be further to shore again, sir," One of his workers said as he lowered his head and wouldn't dare look at the king.

The king raised an eyebrow as he crossed his arms and leaned back on his seat. "Is that so?"

"I am here, father," The girl called out as she swam inside at a high speed. "I am very sorry, I was taking care of something."

Lies. Her father knew very well where she'd been. Near shore, once again, for sure. She would always play out there and watch the two-legged odd humans. It was no secret that she had a thing for those humans.

"I have a favor to ask of you," Her father spoke.

"Yes, father?" Bora asked as she stared down at the floor.

"I know how much you love the human world," He said and she immediately looked up at him with alertness.

"W-what? D-do not be ridiculous father," Bora said as she shook her hands. "Of course I don-"

"It's fine," Her father said, "Everyone knows. My point was, I have an assignment for you. I need you to go up to land and investigate the kingdom of Prince Jaehwan."

"What? Why Prince Jaehwan? And why are you asking me?"

"I hear some things are going very bad in that kingdom. There's a rebellion going up on land, and if my predictions are correct, it could lead to affect our seas. You know best about humans and land, so who better than you for this?"

"But how could that affect us?" Bora asked, not seeing the correlations.

"You don't have to know," Her father said as he waved a finger in front of her. "Saturday I shall send you off early in the morning, and will give you legs to help complete your mission."

Bora slowly nodded. If she were being honest, she actually wasn't happy nor excited over this. Yes, she had an interest in humans, but she never wished to convive with them. She wasn't a fool enough for that. But there was nothing she could say, so she nodded instead. She was only going for a short amount of time after all, and she could study more about the life on land, so how bad could it be?

 

~~

 

 A dark, long, alley. That's how Ten usually got home. It was cold and dark with only his lantern lighting up the place as he went. But he was used to it and was no longer scared. Although the first time he went through there he almost peed his pants and cried a little and jumped at every noise he heard.

But today, for some reason, he felt on edge. There was someone else around and he could feel it. His steps became slower and he became more alert. He was good at martial arts. He was certainly no rookie at fighting.

Ten's steps came to a halt when he thought he could see a dark figure further in the alley. He held up his lantern to see clearer and almost dropped it when a deep, low voice spoke to him. "You are Chittaphon, right?"

Chills traveled down Ten's spine and he could feel his hairs all over his body spike up. His heart rate sped up and he unconciously took a step back. "Who are you?" Ten asked.

"You do not have to be afraid of me," The voice spoke and Ten was sure he could see a sly smile on the dark figure's face.

"I-I am not afraid," Ten spoke out as he tried to stand tall and straight, but cursed at himself for stuttering and sounding like a whimp.

"So, you are Chittaphon, right?" The dark figure asked as he took a step closer.

"I go by Ten," He said with a shrug. He then looked up at the person with a suspcious look and asked, "But who are you and how do you know me? What do you want?"

"I am no one important to you," The figure said. "But I have heard quite a lot about you. Stories about a town criminal who is sly and cheeky, being able to get everywhere in an instant, able to make things disappear right from a persons sight. A boy who can fight more than ten guys at once and still win and get away with all their money."

"Well I do not mean to brag," Ten said with a flattered smile, "But that is me."

"So I found the right one," The figure spoke with a dark chuckle making Ten take a step back in fright. "I need a favor from you, Ten."

"Yes?" Ten asked as he grew more scared of the dark figure.

"There is a cave, in the forbidden forest, where a magical lamp hides inside. There are many riches, from gold and silver and more in that cave. You can take whatever you want. But I need the lamp."

Ten furrowed his eyebrows as he processed what the person said. Was he saying that Ten could go there, get himself things, and bring this man a magical lamp?

"But why me? Can't you get it yourself," He asked as he tried not to offend the person.

"No. I need you to do it. Are you in?"

Ten only shrugged. The forbidden forest was a very dangerous place where no one dared travel to. Was he really ready to do that? Even for someone like him, it was stupid. But then again, he could get rich. "I'm in."

"Good. You will need this," The figure said and tossed Ten something which he immediately caught.

Ten looked down at his hands and opened them up to see a necklace sitting there, with a shiny ruby. "But what am I supposed to-" The figure was gone when Ten looked back up.

Ten gulped. What did I just get myself into.

 

 ~~

 

"How was it?" The Evil Queen asked as she heard the door open behind and steps heading towards her.

"Here," Yoongi spoke as he handed her a velvet chest with gold t. "It is in here."

The Evil Queen turned to look at him and her eyes trailed down to the chest he handed to her. A sly smile appeared on her lips and he swore if he hadn't known her for years, he would be shivering in fear. But instead he stood glaring at her.

"Now now, do not give me that look," The Evil Queen said as she opened up the chest and look inside. Her devious smile grew at the sight of the red juicy heart and she closed it back up . "I know you were fond of her, but this was for the best."

"How?" Yoongi dared question her like never before.

The Evil Queen looked offended for a split second and quickly snatched the chest out of his hands. "You shall see soon enough. . . You shall see."

Yoongi watched the Evil Queen walk away into her chamber and debated on what to do next. A part of him, for once in his life, felt like running away from her. Escaping her grasp, command, control. But another part of him, the more logical one, knew what that could bring to him. He couldn't take the risk.

 

~~

 

"Where are you going?" Yuta asked his friend who packed his things at a frantic pace. "Will you go away forever?"

Ten shook his head before he quickly spun around to face his friend and said, "I am not sure, I do not know anything, I think I might die, but I might live and if I can live while completing my mission you and I can ride off into the sunset with bags loaded with gold," all within one breath.

"Have you been drinking those weird juices that the lady with the missing eye from the corner on the next street offers you again?" Yuta asled after a moment of silence and just staring at his friend.

"No!" Ten yelled defensively as his hand went up to his chest before his usual cheeky smile appeared once again. "Not today at least. My point is," He said as he walked up to him and grabbed him by the shoulders, "Wait for me."

Yuta stared at Ten with an odd look as he leaned back away from him. "Should I get the doctor?"

Ten could only smile at his friend as he shook his head. "No, my dear friend," he said as he held on to his shoulders, "I'm good. I just need you to walk me out."

Yuta nodded as he kept giving his friend a suspcious look. There had been plenty of times in the past when Ten had spoken in insane manners, acting out of control, and so on. But this time it seemed different. Nonetheless, Yuta and Ten grabbed his bags and headed out to the streets.

 

~~

 

"You're a girl, aren't you?" Mijoo asked as she walked beside the masked figure.

The masked figure quickly turned to Mijoo, and the later could cleary see the figure's eyes widen big. After all, they were the only thing that weren't covered.

"How do you know?"

Mijoo shrugged. "Your voice is pretty high, even if it's muffled because of that mask you wear underneath. And you're real skinny. And I'm a girl, so of course I would know."

"Please do not tell the others," The girl said as she glanced at Kihyun, Yein, Wonho, and Jooheon who walked together through the busy streets of the kingdom.

"I think Yein knows, but the guys most likely think you're a guy because you fight too well," Mijoo said as she also looked over at the group. She then looked back at the girl and stared at her for a while. Now that I look at her closer, she seems real familiar. I'm sure I've seen these big, glass-like eyes before.

"What is your name?" The girl asked and Mijoo snapped out of her thoughts.

"Mijoo. What about you?"

The girl looked down and seemed to hesitate for a moment before she looked back at Mijoo and answered, "Siah."

"Si...ah...." Mijoo mumbled the name and repeated to herself. Why does that name sound so familiar?

Siah kept on walking as Mijoo stood on her own, trying to figure out why that name sounded so familiar. Mijoo glanced back at Siah who walked ahead of her and furrowed her eyebrows as she got lost in deep thought. Her eyes seemed familiar too... 

"Ten Chittaphon Leechaiyakul!!!"

Mijoo spun around to see what the sudden shouts were about. A crowd of people that had been walking behind her all suddenly started moving out of the way and far down the street, Mijoo could see a guy wearing baggy black pants and a baggy white shirt with red decorations, running down the street, being chased by men on horse's behind.

Would this be who I think it is? Mijoo thought to herself as she suddenly stepped back and out of the way. She then looked over at the group to see they were more ahead, except for Siah who was standing right in the middle of the street, unaware of what was going on behind her.

A gasp escaped Mijoo's lips as she got ready to call out to Siah to get out of the way before she got hit by the guy and the horses, when a thought suddenly came to her mind and she stopped herself. If Siah really is Princess Jasmine, and that guy is who I'm assuming he is. . . I shouldn't intrude.

"Somebody stop that thief!"

After that shout was when Siah had finally noticed how everyone evacuated the street and she turned around to see what was going on. But by then it was already too late. The so-called thief who'd been running away from what seemed to be the police, had already reached where she was and Mijoo covered her eyes not wanting to see them crash into each other.

But after hearing gasps, Mijoo opened her eyes to see what had happened. "Oh my gosh," escaped her lips as she saw how the guy had managed to catch Siah before she'd tripped and had fallen back. His arm was wrapped tightly around her waist, keeping her from falling down. His eyes stared at her deeply as their faces were only inches apart and she stared back up at him with an equal amount of shock all over her face. He was breathing hard and sweat ran down his forehead, probably from all the running.

But that hadn't been the reason why everyone seemed so shocked. Right there, in the middle of the biggest street of the kingdom, Siah's mask that'd been neatly wrapped around her head, had fallen off revealing her face and her long, straight hair.

The men who'd been chasing the thief suddenly stopped on their horse's and called out, "Princess YooA?!"

Siah, er, Princess YooA, is that same girl who'd helped me out the first day of school back in my world?! The one with the pretty doll face?!

 

 ~~

 

Jangjun enetered an inn late at night in the SouthWest kingdom, looking tired and worn out.

"What is up with you today? You look dead," Daeyeol, who was at the counter of the bar at the Inn, asked as he wiped a cup clean with a rag.

"I might as well be," Jangjun groaned as he sat down at a seat, "today and yesterday have been the longest days yet."

"What did you do now?" Daeyeol asked as he served Jangjun a cup and leaned over to the counter to listen.

"I had to go out to the sea for Shin Bora after being in the forest, and I had to go through a scary dark alley, and I had to make my way through that busy street for that dramatic moment at the end. . . I'm just glad there won't be any more underwater scenes."

Daeyeol nodded along with his friends words, although he didn't completely understand. "Jangjun, I know when you explained to me the whole narrator and fairytale world and real world thing I said I understood. But up to now, I still don't really understand."

Jangjun took a big gulp of his drink before he slammed it down on the counter and wiped his mouth. "I figured. In the real world you weren't that bright either."

"What?"

"Nothing."

"So are you going to sleep in your room tonight?" Daeyeol asked, changing the topic.

"I'm not sure. Depends on the upcoming scenes. Sometimes they happen late at nigh- OH MY GOSH, you know what I just realized?!" Jangjun yelled as he slammed his hands down and stood up, making everyone in the room turn around and look at him.

"What? And could you sit down, you are about to scare my customers away. "

"Prince Jaehwan's ball is coming up. . . One of the biggest events in the story. Millions of characters will appear and it's confusing, and it goes back and forth and back and forth, and a lot of things happen at the same time and. . . I'm going to die. There's no way I can do it."

"Just get someone to help that night," Daeyeol shrugged.

"I can't do that," Jangjun scoffed, thinking Daeyeol was being ridiculous. "There's no one else besides Mijoo and I that is connected to the real worl- wait. Oh my gosh! There might be someone else!"

 


 

So that is it for this update! Thank you very much to everyone who has read this story so far and subscribed and commented and I love you all!

Sorry if things get confusing, I'm working on that. And uhm, I hope you all enjoyed!

~Jackie