Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs

Mijoo in Fairytale Land

"You're crazy," Yein was the first to speak after Kihyun's statement.

"Time to sleep," Kihyun ignored Yein as he clapped his hands together. "Girls in Yein's room, boys in mine. Girls can wash up first."

Haeryung stood up from the couch and headed upstairs to get ready, Wonho walked over to the kitchen, Jooheon went upstairs to get the rooms ready, and Kihyun, Yein, and Mijoo were left I'm the living room.

"Kihyun," Yein kept protesting but he wouldn't listen. "But-"

"No buts," He said as he waved his finger in front of her face.

"I'm not sharing my room with her."

"Oh yes you are."

"Definitely. Not."

And somehow Mijoo ended up in between Yein and Haeryung on the big bed that night. The room was dark, and Haeryung's loud snoring was the only thing that could be heard. Mijoo looked around and noticed how plain he room was. Only a desk, a wardrobe, and drawer were in the room, but they didn't have anything on top making it seem real plain.

"Go to sleep already," Yein mumbled through her tired voice.

Mijoo quickly looked over to Yein only to see she had her eyes closed. "Sorry," Mijoo mumbled before she tried to go asleep. And soon enough, succeeded.

 

~~

 

The garden was beautiful, filled with the all the different types of plants that came from all around land, even the rarest kind; bushes with some of the most delicious berries, trees with some of juiciest fruits, beautiful flowers of all colors and some types enriched with pigment decorating the place . . . If Seo Jisoo could only spend the rest of her life in one place, she was glad it was the garden, which was sadly contained within the palace walls. Just like her.

Jisoo knew the garden wanted to breathe. If only the large wall hadn't been built around the palace, keeping the garden in, having it slowly dying because of the shadow it was constantly in due to the wall not letting the light peek through much. The garden, very much like Jisoo, was slowly losing life since her mother had died and her step-mother walked in and had a wall built to enclose them from the outside world and forbid Jisoo to go out.

But she still held a bright smile and her big round eyes still sparkled like the stars. And it angered her step-mother.

Up from the highest tower of the castle, the queen watched Princess Jisoo as she played in the garden like every day. And just like every day, the queen grew furious as she watched the girl smile brightly as her eyes sparkled and her skin glowed. "How?! I have done everything possible to make her life as miserable as can be, and she still. . . glows!"

"Then do something about it," Her minion spoke to her as he rolled his eyes. Currently he had been sitting on the couch, with his feet up on the table, as his fingers twirled around a piece of metal he'd shaped into some weird form that he always played with.

"Shut up Yoongi!" She yelled at her minion. "I have already done everything I can. . ."

The queen paced back and forth and back and forth before she stopped and walked over to her large mirror that was placed in the middle of the room, and asked it, "Magic mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?"

Yoongi stared at the mirror as a look of fright crossed his face and he suddenly stoped playing with his piece of metal. He looked at the queen and then back at mirror as he knew what was coming. He gulped.

"My queen, you are the fairest here so true. But Seo Jisoo is a thousand times more beautiful than you."

Silent. The queen was absolutely silent. So silent it was deadly, and Yoongi knew it. He didn't dare move at all as he knew what was coming.

"What?" The queen asked through gritted teeth. "Did you just say, what I believe you said?" She slowly asked and Yoongi knew she was building up to her break down. "Seo Jisoo. . . The fairest of them all?!?!"

And suddenly a loud scream was heard through all the kingdoms, through all the land, through the woods, through the mountains, there was not a single soul alive that did not hear the loud piercing scream of the queen.

"Ahhh, my sensitive rabbit ears," A rabbit down below in the garden where Jisoo was, mumbled as he rubbed his ear while glaring at the tower before he looked back down at his book and continued to read.

"So. . ." Yoongi spoke as he slowly got up from the couch and tried to walk out. "I think I need to go feed the demons-"

"Yoongi," The queen spoke as she slowly turned to look at her most loyal minion whom she had raised since he was a young boy. Her hands were clenched into fists and her arms stayed stuck to her sides as she spoke.

"Yes noona?" He asked slowly as he felt his heart rate quicken.

Yoongi had known the Evil Queen for years and if anyone could somewhat change her mind and influence her from time to time, it was him. Not like it happened often, and now wouldn't be one of those times. He wasn't someone to be scared of anything, even the darkest and wildest creatures in all the land. And she didn't scare him either. Except for a couple of times. And now, was one of them.

"Fetch me her heart."

"What?"

"Fetch me her heart.

"But noona-"

"I said, Fetch. Me. Her. Heart."

Yoongi stared at the queen as his face filled with shock and disbelief. Oh how he wished he had heard wrong, but it would have been strange if he had heard anything else but that. Knowing he would never win against her, he grabbed his leather cloak and walked out as he threw it on.

 

~~

 

"Why do girls take so long to wash up?" Yein mumbled as she glanced at the closed door to the wash room. "We are lucky to even have water to wash up here. . ."

"You're a girl too," Kihyun said with a chuckle.

"But I am not like that."

"True. When you were young you learned how to successfully battle someone with a sword while girls worried about getting dirt on their dresses," Kihyun nodded as he thought about it.

Yein rolled her eyes and ignored the older boy. Instead she rolled her sleeves up and got ready to knock on the door to the washroom, when it suddenly opened on its own and Mijoo stepped out.

Jooheon, Haeryung, and Wonho who had all been eating breakfast in the kitchen turned around to see why Yein and Kihyun had suddenly gone quiet. "Whoa," Wonho muttered under his breath as he stared at Mijoo in awe. "You are actually pretty."

In front of them all stood Mijoo wearing the dress Wonho had bought her the previous day. Her long, blonde hair had been let down in it's natural soft waves, and her skin glowed now that she had washed up. Unlike the previous day when she wore her dirty uniform, her hair tide up in a messy ponytail with her bangs falling all over her face, and her face covered in dirt.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Mijoo asked as she sent Wonho a look.

"That I'll make you my wife."

"There he goes again," Jooheon sighed and Haeryung groaned. Everyone in the room grabbed the nearest thing they could find and threw it at him.

After that had been settled, they all turned to Kihyun waiting to hear what their next move was. "We need more people on the rebellion. We shall set off as soon as possible to the SouthWest kingdom. That's all the way to the other side of the land so it should take twould whole days at the least if we use our time diligently."

Jooheon and Yein had already started gathering the things they'd need for the trip and Haeryung and Wonho put the plates up and cleaned the place.

"Jooheon, you said Prince Jaehwan was holding a ball next Friday night?" Kihyun asked as he turned to his faithful worker. Jooheon nodded. "Alright, today is Sunday, so if we go on today and tomorrow we'll arrive at late at night tomorrow, then stay the night, wake up early Tuesday, search all day, set off early the next day, travel all of Wednesday and Thursday, and make it back here on time."

"That sounds so tiring, do I have to go?" Wonho whined as he threw himself on the couch.

"Of course not. You are the one that keeps inviting himself everywhere. You can stay here," Kihyun said.

Wonho quickly sat up and shook his head, "No, I mean, of course I would love to go."

"Well I have to get back to my town," Haeryung said as she grabbed her things. "I'll travel with you all into the forest and then go back to my kingdom. The people must be waiting for my sources."

"Did you leave your shop unattended?" Wonho asked, coming from the same kingdom and all.

"Of course not. Dahye is looking after it and taking care of the orders, but only I can handle some certain potions and medicenes that my customers need."

Kihyun nodded and looked around the place before he asked, "Are you all ready? We can not waste any more time. It should not be too long before all the town people start waking up."

They all nodded and Kihyun put up his hood. "Then let's go," He said as he walked out.

They all put up their hoods along with Kihyun and followed him through the small alley. Once they were out Mijoo noticed how empty the place was. They were out in the middle of what seemed to be the town's largest street and there was no one there. She guessed it was too early for everyone to be awake. In fact, the sun was barely rising up.

"Can we stop by Jiae's first?" Yein suddenly asked as they began to pass her home. "We need to give her the latest stealings so she can hand it out to the people that got robbed yesterday."

"Of course. It is what we are here for after all," Kihyun nodded.

Yein walked up to the door of a very nice looking cabin that was surrounded by many beautifully arranged flowers. She knocked twice and the door opened to reveal an oranged-hair girl with dark circles under her eyes. "Yein? When did you get back? Where were you yesterday? Do you know what happe-"

"Shh, yes, we know," Yein said knowing it wasn't Jiae's house and she couldn't afford to wake up her step-mother. She quickly took out a bag filled with gold coins and many jewels and handed it to Jiae. "Here, pass this out to those who were hurt yesterday. We arrived late yesterday because something came up, and we have to go again. But we will back for Prince Jaehwan's ball."

Jiae nodded and glanced back at Kihyun and the others who stood there waiting for Yein. "All right. Be careful."

"You too. Do not get caught handing those out," Yein said and Jiae nodded before she closed the door.

Yein turned back to the group and they continued to walk in silence. Jiae was like an older sister to Yein who she would trust with her life. And therefore, when Yein and Kihyun went into the whole rebllion and stealing-from-the-rich-to-give-to-the-poor, Jiae became a great source of help.

They started walking out of the town and walked a long way after that. They only stopped when they reached a barn outside of the town. They all followed Kihyun inside and he then turned to look at them and said, "Haeryung, you left your horse here last time right?"

Haeryung nodded and went over to one of the several horses that stayed there and took it out.

"Okay then we can all have our own horse except Wonho and Mijoo who'll have to ride together," Kihyun said as he headed to his own horse.

Mijoo looked over at Wonho who looked down at her with a smile. Great. I'm left with the flirt.

"Mijoo, I'd like you to meet my best friend," Wonho said as he introduced her to his horse. "His name is Bronze."

"Why Bronze?" Mijoo asked as she walked up to feel the horse's soft blond hair.

"I don't know. Sounded nice," He said before he got on. He then extended a hand out to Mijoo and helped her get on. "You should hold on to me tight."

"Are you just trying to flirt?" Mijoo asked as she gave him a questioning look.

"Maybe," He said with a smirk making her roll her eyes.

They looked over to the others to see they were heading out already and followed behind.

"Okay everyone, we need to hurry up and get into the woods before anyone sees us," Kihyun said before he and his horse quickly headed off.

Yein was the first to follow, then Jooheon, then Haeryung, and then Wonho. As soon as the horse left chasing the others with a jolt, Mijoo quickly understood what Wonho had said and wrapped her arms around him in an instinct.

Wonho chuckled and glanced back at her. "See?"

"Yeah."

 

~~

 

"Are you serious?!" Jisoo asked with excitement as her face brightened up just like the old days when her father and mother were still alive.

Yoongi nodded as he smiled at her. He then pushed her arm as he said, "Go change and then we shall get going."

Jisoo nodded and ran inside her room. A few minutes later she came back out with a different dress, less elegant and fancy than her previous one, and her hair tied up in a ponytail.

"Let's go," She told Yoongi with a smile and she and the boy headed off. All through the way Jisoo could only talk about how excited she was to finally step out of the palace walls for the first time since her step-mother had become queen.

Yoongi smiled whenever she turned to him, but as soon as she turned back his smile faded and a frown appeared on his face. How was he supposed to do it? How was he supposed to take the heart of the girl who smiled so precious and genuine and got excited over the smallest things and was so pure?

"That's what I'm saying," The white rabbit commented while he continued to read from his book.

They soon stepped out of the gate and Jisoo stopped as she took a moment to take it all in. Tears formed in her eyes as she looked around, from the forest to the town, to just everywhere. "Whoa."

"Let's head out to the forest first," Yoongi said as he nodded his head in the direction of the woods.

Jisoo nodded and the two headed over to the woods in complete silence. As they got into the woods Yoongi grew even more quiet as Jisoo admired the beautiful plants and trees, and she couldn't help but ask, "Is something wrong?"

Yoongi stopped walking and turned to her with a look of grief. He slowly took out a knife from a pocket in his cloak and stared at her for a while. She didn't notice and kept on and walking and talking, seeing how he hadn't responded.

"You know, I really should thank you."

"What for?" He asked as he placed his hand behind his back so she wouldn't see the knife when she turned to look at him.

"Well, ever since my step-mother became queen, it's been pretty lonely. She got rid of so many people, and when my dad died, she built that wall around the castle and never let me out," Jisoo spoke with such a sweet and calm voice, "But you were there. She brought you in, and you kept me company."

"Bet you feel guilty, huh?" The white rabbit mumbled.

"Well I wouldn't say I was very much around," Yoongi said, trying to make it easier on himself, feeling guilty already.

"But you were. I remember crying for months when my dad died, and you would tell me not to be such a baby and shut up," Jisoo said with a chukcle despite the fact that it wasn't so funny, "But then one day when I was crying and you passed by you handed me a tissue, and I knew I wasn't so alone."

Yoongi could feel his eyes swelling up as he tried to keep his tears from falling. He sniffled as he lowered his head and said, "I'm sorry."

Jisoo heard his sniffles and turned back to look at him. Her smile dropped and she quickly grew worried. "What's wrong?" She asked as she wiped his tears with her sleeves.

"She ordered me to kill you," Yoongi said in a shaky breath with his cracking voice.

Jisoo's worried face turned into a look of disbelief and she slowly backed away from him as she stumbled on her steps and almost tripped. "W-what?"

Yoongi wiped away his tears, not able to stand the look on her face. It broke his heart and he knew he wouldn't be able to do it. Instead he  looked back over to the castle. "Quick, Jisoo, run," He said as he turned back to her and shook her shoulders. "Listen, you don't have much time. You have to go and run off right now. I'll come up with something, but just run and don't ever come back."

Jisoo couldn't bring herself to say much. She tried processing his words but her vision got blurry and she felt dizzy all of a sudden. "B-But you?"

"Don't worry, I'll come up with something, just run," He said as he kept pushing her off.

"No. . . but my kingdom, the people! I-I can't leave them, my father. . . I-"

"Run, Jisoo," Yoongi said as he quickly ushered her. "As long as she is queen, this place will not be safe for you. You won't be able to take over. Just run! Look, remember when I taught you how to use a sword?"

Jisoo nodded and he quickly took out the sword he always carried around on his waist. "Here, take it," He said as he handed it to her, "It is dangerous out there. I know it will be hard for you, but do not be scared to take it out on anyone who comes your way. Do not be afraid to kill if it comes to that point."

"B-but, this is yours," She said as she stared down at the sword in her hands. Yoongi only shook his head and said, "You need it out there. The forest is a dangerous place to all who choose not to carry a sword. Now run!"

Jisoo slowly nodded as she tried to calm herself, but tears kept rolling down and soon enough she found herself running through the woods as she tried to stifle her sobs. She didn't know where she was headed. She only listened to Yoongi's words and ran like she'd never ran before.

 

~~

 

"I don't know how you're still hydrated with all the tears you've wasted already,"  A voice came from up as Jisoo tried to calm down her sobs. She quickly looked up and saw Yoongi, the boy that her step-mother had brought in, sitting up on the tree that she was leaning agaisnt as he sharpened his sword.

"Leave me alone," She said with an annoyed tone. Ever since he had gotten there, and the death of her father, he did nothing but pick on her. He saw her as nothing but a weak baby, and she saw him as nothing but a heartless jerk.

There had been one day when he'd handed her a tissue in such a sneaky way she wouldn't have known it was him, and she'd been grateful. But that didn't change the fact that he still called her a baby.

She thought it could be because she was ten, and he was older. But then again, he was only one year older.

Jisoo put her head back in between her knees to go back to crying, when she heard something drop in front of her. She looked up and saw a shiny sword laying in front of her on the grass. She looked back up at the tree and saw Yoongi hop off.

"Pick it up," He said to her as he took out another sword and pointed at it.

Jisoo blinked up at him, and he let out a frustrated sigh. "Are you dumb? I said, pick it up." Wondering what he was up to, she listened to him and picked it up.

"Okay, now this may be hard since you are a pretty, pampered, dumb, spoiled princess, but I am going to teach you how to use it," Yoongi said and she let out a gasp at his rude words, which he ignored. "But since you have no parents and you are a weak baby, you will need it."

Jisoo wanted to feel offended, but a part of her was really grateful and touched at his words. It was like he actually cared. Maybe he felt some sort of pity or sympathy for her. Maybe she could call him a friend. Maybe.

"Are you listening to me, dummy? This is how you are supposed to hold it," Yoongi called out to her and she snapped out of her thoughts.

The two went on like that for the rest of the day. Him trying to teach her, and her messing up, and then him calling her a dummy. But overall he thought she was very skilled. Not like he would admit that anyways.

They went on like that until the sun started setting, creating beautiful hues of purple, red, orange, pink, and blue in the sky. Their dark figures fighting agaisnt each other with the sound of swords clashing. That hadn't been the last. Many other days were spent like that as the two grew older. . .

 

"Shhh, she's waking up."

Jisoo's eyes flickered open and she sat up in a jolt. She gasped as her hands went up to the sides of the bed she was on and her eyes frantically scanned the room. "Where am I?" Came out of before she even got to see that she was in a small little cabin, on a small little bed, surrounded by small little people.

"You're in our cabin," The handsome looking one said.

"Obviously. She can't be that stupid," Another replied as he gave the other a judgemental look. "Anyways, what brings you to these woods? We found you laying out there passed out. We thought you were dead."

Jisoo looked at all the seven guys that stared down at her and wondered if she could tell them who she was. "Do you guys know the south kingdom?"

"You mean the kingdom ruled by the Evil Queen?" The guy with small eyes who'd been looking with much disinterest suddenly looked more interested and alert.

"Evil Queen? Well, I know my step-mother isn't so nice but ev-"

"Your step-mother?!" All seven guys asked as their eyes bulged from their heads and their mouths dropped.

"Yeah..."

"You need to get out of our cabin before we all get killed!" One of the guys yelled as he started panicking and running around the whole room.

"Why?" Jisoo asked as she looked up at them with such an innocent expression on her face.

"Do you really not know? The Evil Queen is. . . like a demon or something. She kills people, has the towns people suffering, and do you know what? She hates you," The one with the small eyes said.

"She sent for me to get killed, "Jisoo mumbled as she thought about it. "I guess I didn't want to believe it."

"She sent for you to be killed?" The tallest one of all asked. "Is that why you were in the woods?"

"Yes," Jisoo answered as she stood up from the bed. "And now I don't know what to do. A friend helped me escape, but I do not know where exactly I am escaping to."

All the seven guys looked at each other before they looked over at Jisoo. Then they all turned to the one with small eyes, and he quickly realized what they were signaling. "Oh no. We can't accept the-"

"Yes we can," The handsome one said.

The one with small eyes looked at the others before he looked over at Jisoo and sighed. "Alright. Seo Jisoo, our princess, would you like to stay at our home?"

Jisoo looked at all the guys, feeling grateful that they were so kind, when she suddenly felt like they were hidding something. As if there was a bigger reason as to why they wanted her to stay with them rather than the kindness coming from their hearts. But nonetheless, she accepted. "It would be my honor."

 

~~

 

Out of a rabbit hole, a rabbit suddenly appeared, holding a book tightly close. He panted as he began to hop off, trying to find a group of horses. "I should really get paid for this. Running around, getting to the next scene with nothing but these holes gets tiring. Oh! There they are!"

"We're here," Kihyun said as they reached the end of the woods and found themselves right in front of another kingdom. This one differed very much from the other. It wasn't as big, nor as pretty. It wasn't full of rich green fields with beautiful plants and crops of all kinds.

But it seemed like a nice, hidden place nonetheless. Which it was, seeing as to how it was at the farthest corner, southwest, in between the forbidden forest and the river that blocked it from the south kingdom that belonged to the Evil Queen.

"Who rules this kingdom?" Mijoo asked as she scanned the place with much interest. "Princess YooA," Replied Wonho as he glanced back at her, "A real beauty, I hear."

"She doesn't actually rule the kingdom," Kihyun said as he rolled his eyes, "Her father does. But as soon as she marries, her husband shall be king and she will be queen. But everyone fears she's about to marry of to the wrong person. This kingdom is already in the down because her father is growing old and sick and can not go out and do much for the kingdom."

"It is quite sad," Yein added, "the people have many complaints, but because he can not do much, he has a worker go out and do things for him. Unfortunately, that worker is a jerk."

"Oh," Mijoo mumbled. Poor kingdom is suffering because the king is sick and the princess has yet to marry. . . Could be Jasmine from Aladdin. Maybe. But then where's Aladdin?

 

~~

 

"Get back here! Hey, somebody stop that kid!"

"Damn he did it again!"

"There he goes once more."

"TEN YOU THIEF!"